Let's Vent!!!

Jump to Last Post 1-23 of 23 discussions (63 posts)
  1. Davinagirl3 profile image60
    Davinagirl3posted 14 years ago

Have you been treated unfairly?  Do you feel like a whiner for talking about it? Do you feel it bottled up inside? This is the place for you...  Let it rip.  Hold on, I'll get the Kleenex.

1. Harvey Stelman profile image60
      Harvey Stelmanposted 14 years agoin reply to this

I hate President Obama for stealing my country. Oh, I've been writing about this, but it's always good to get it out.

1. profile image0
        Leta Sposted 14 years agoin reply to this

You are so sadly mistaken, Harvey.  wink  Bush did that a few years ago.

1. Harvey Stelman profile image60

I just knew you would find me, Lita. I'm venting now. I hate young nice looking ladies that think they understand things.

1. profile image0
            Leta Sposted 14 years agoin reply to this

wink  I'd counter I understand the situation better than you.  What with my obvious Ivy League education and all?

2. enderw1ggins profile image60
    enderw1gginsposted 14 years ago

I'm in!!!

I say and do things that are offensive and everybody is judging me!! Why don't they stop judging...who made them judge...snifle

1. Eric Graudins profile image60
      Eric Graudinsposted 14 years agoin reply to this

There, there little Enders. You're safe here from that nasty Mark Knowles and his band of heathen scum.
      Here's my shoulder. Have a little cry.
      Nobody's watching :-)

@Davina - better make that a carton of Kleenex. And if some of the others from the religious forums find this post, you better order a truckload lol

1. enderw1ggins profile image60
        enderw1gginsposted 14 years agoin reply to this

I love you dood! I mean it!

2. Jane@CM profile image60
        Jane@CMposted 14 years agoin reply to this

They are watching, they just won't admit it!  But have a good cry anyway smile

2. Jewels profile image83
      Jewelsposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Can you recall any childhood incidences that could perhaps be at the bottom of these emotions?  Perhaps your father was unduly harsh?  Your mother told you to clean your room too often? We're all friends here.

Well, in the third grade, this kid DJ DeMarco stole my gi joe and gave me a wedgie! I hate him, i hate him, i hate him!

3. Jane@CM profile image60
    Jane@CMposted 14 years ago

So funny you posted this.

I've been pondering all day.  Last week I decided that on Monday I would write a Travel Hub complete with pictures about our trip to the lake over the 4th.  Then I went to Hell Lake and I can't seem to write anything about the trip that doesn't have a negative intonation.  PS  Hell Lakes is not really the name of the lake of of an overall view of the weekend.

4. Davinagirl3 profile image60
    Davinagirl3posted 14 years ago

How about this? My so-called best friend didn't invite me, or my daughter, to her daughter's 1st birthday party because she has another friend who doesn't like me, and she knew I would understand being snubbed better than the other friend.

That is a burn! I am seriously mad.

Davinagirl3posted 14 years agoin reply to this

Thank you.  I feel scorched.

I'll be you friend and you and your daughter can come to my birthday party! I wont stifle you for a meanie either.

2. profile image0
      fierycjposted 14 years agoin reply to this

That is so Desperate Housewife-like. You can cry on my shoulder, Davi.

I should be called Desperate Housewife.  Where were you when I was picking my moniker?

1. profile image0
          fierycjposted 14 years agoin reply to this

What's wrong with davinagirl?

3. Eric Graudins profile image60

Baby politics is tough!

I have a similar situation - where 2 good friends of mine used to be very close, but now barely speak.
      I still invite them both to functions. How they deal with it, or whether they choose to attend is up to them.
      They're adults - they can sort out their own problems.

Friends like that always try to make you pick sides and then all of a sudden you're the bad guy.
        You've gotta invite em both that the only way to deal with a situation like that.

That's what I said.  I would never make a scene at a baby's birthday.  That would be more petty than I can be.  She said she trusted me, it was the other friend she worried about.  Does that make any sense at all???

4. Jane@CM profile image60
      Jane@CMposted 14 years agoin reply to this

sad

That would piss me off.

5. onthewriteside profile image60
      onthewritesideposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Sounds like everything else in the misguided life of Sheeple.  The squeaky wheel gets the grease...

6. CMHypno profile image82
      CMHypnoposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Maybe you should down-grade her from being 'best friend', as she seemed to have valued her other friends feelings above yours.  She should have invited you both and had enough trust that you would both be polite to each other at her party. You deserve better - have a good howl and let it all out!

5. enderw1ggins profile image60

Well if your loserish jerk of a friend doesn't have the guts to do the right thing...you need to forgive her.
    She blew it but i'm sure you've blown it. I've blown it thats fo show.

That is good advice.  I am not one for holding a grudge.

6. Eaglekiwi profile image74
    Eaglekiwiposted 14 years ago

Are their only two kinds of people in Hubpages

Religionists (incidently such a boring old fashioned label) like something out of Dickens lol probably coined by an old man

and Theists? ( did I get that right)

oops no there maybe one more group

The Cheerleaders (both genders)

Man, all the cool,fun people are leaving  sad

1. Beth100 profile image69
      Beth100posted 14 years agoin reply to this
  7. profile image0
    annvansposted 14 years ago

I have no job, cannot find a job, nobody will find me a job, I have no money, nobody will give me money, I gotta have some stuff, nobody will buy me no stuff....whaaaaaaaaaaaaah haaaahaaaaa....whhhhhhaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa

8. kmackey32 profile image65
    kmackey32posted 14 years ago

I hate my husband, he is a looser, asshole, jerk and I cant say what I want to do with him. He lies, steals money, and is the steakiest mother fucker Ive ever met!!!!!!!!!!!

1. my-success-guru profile image57
      my-success-guruposted 14 years agoin reply to this

What does that say about you for choosing him??? Woops wrong thread I thought I was in the one on sarcasm smile

1. Eaglekiwi profile image74
        Eaglekiwiposted 14 years agoin reply to this

lol it gets like that

2. Eaglekiwi profile image74
        Eaglekiwiposted 14 years agoin reply to this

what is 'steakiest'???? an can I have chilli fries with that ..smile

2. Harvey Stelman profile image60

Does he say the same kind words about you?

9. my-success-guru profile image57
    my-success-guruposted 14 years ago

other than that you're having a great day???? LOL

10. Eaglekiwi profile image74
    Eaglekiwiposted 14 years ago

lol
    nahhh a nasty husband yanks the power from ya computer ,then wahhhh its lights out.

how are ya anyways km

11. kmackey32 profile image65

no I was venting!!!!!!!!!!!!

12. my-success-guru profile image57

Hey what's up Kmackey?? What is the late night snack tonight???

13. my-success-guru profile image57

Darn it I get hungry just looking at you LOL

14. Superman05 profile image59
    Superman05posted 14 years ago

My jeep needs shocks and brakes every year. The shop must think I am driving off mountain cliffs every year or something, wearing them to pieces. It stinks.

15. enderw1ggins profile image60

I hate writing for a living. I used to have this great job writing articles for massive loot on theology. Then one day they decided that they no longer needed writers. Now i'm stuck doing tech-specs on computers and electronics..which sounds fun until you do it! I make way less money and it seems like i work all day every day!

1. kmackey32 profile image65
      kmackey32posted 14 years agoin reply to this

Oh that sucks. smile

Thanks i feel much better. You want me to butt-punch your husband?

eeeeew. But ok yea. LOL

16. my-success-guru profile image57

Hey what is the late night snack tonight Kmackey??? Sorry no complaints so maybe vent about this LOL

hmmmm actually i was just trying to find one. lol

17. kmackey32 profile image65

Im kinda full though, made tacos like an hour ago.

18. my-success-guru profile image57

Hey let me know kinda like Palov's Dog I am conditioned now to be hungry every time I see you LOL PS let me know if you don't know what the heck I mean in case you aren't a psyc buff LOL

UMMM is it cause i talk about what im eating at this time of night? lol

Hey are you from Tenesse???

19. my-success-guru profile image57

What do you think???

20. kmackey32 profile image65

omg are you going to say, Cuz your the only 10 I see.. HAHAHA omg

No I just thought you were from Tenesse LOL

21. kmackey32 profile image65

Oh ok. Just checkn. Thats my brothers famous line. But anyhow, I live in PA, about 20 min from NY.

1. Pete Maida profile image60
      Pete Maidaposted 14 years agoin reply to this

I grew up in northeastern PA about 60 miles from the NY border and 60 miles from the NJ border.

1. onthewriteside profile image60

Anywhere near Lancaster?  That's where my girlfriend is from originally.

22. Pete Maida profile image60
    Pete Maidaposted 14 years ago

Can you believe that media spectacular that called a memorial service.  I am probably the only one on the planet that did not watch a minute of it.  I think MJ was one of the greatest entertainers of all time, but he also needed a lot of help.  I saw little honor for him in a musical bash that gave a bunch of has been singers another shot.  It was just too much and they are not done yet.  The specials roll on as people rake in more and more money off one man's death. This has been a post-mortem gold mine for the media.  The only ones really sad are is immediate family and the old man is only sad because he lost his cash cow.

1. Lady Guinevere profile image66
      Lady Guinevereposted 14 years agoin reply to this

No, you are not the only one who sees it that way.  They seemed to have forgotten the other three that were very popular too--Carl Mulden. Farrah Fawett, Ed McMahon.

2. onthewriteside profile image60

I didn't see it either.  I refused to watch the spectacle. I did read a write-up on some of the kind words Brook Shields had to say though.  Apparently Michael was thinking of the children, even in death.  She told the media he planned to donate his body.  Since it was made up of about 90% plastic, they are going to melt it down and make LEGO's out of it, so the kids can play with him for a change...

Hey....I'm just VENTING... lol

1. Eric Graudins profile image60

I nearly sprayed coffee all over my keyboard when I read this!

23. Uninvited Writer profile image79
    Uninvited Writerposted 14 years ago

That is Karl Malden... not Carl Mulden.

No one has forgotten them. They were big but did not have the influence that Michael Jackson did in today's pop culture. There is also a difference when people die of old age or of a long-standing illness than so suddenly. I was more effected because it brought back memories of my childhood rather than anything else.

And about the spectacle, look at all the money people made off of Elvis after he died. I guess that's just the way it is.

That being said, I don't want to hear any more about Michael Jackson in the media!

1. onthewriteside profile image60

So true....and they continue to.  How many people still visit Graceland every year?  Maybe they will turn Neverland into a permanent amusement park...

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
Necessary
HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
Features
Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
Marketing
Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
Statistics
Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)