Leaving Featured Hubs published, even though the score has dropped.

Jump to Last Post 1-15 of 15 discussions (92 posts)
  1. Faith Reaper profile image83
    Faith Reaperposted 10 years ago

I am just curious, all 92 hubs of mine are featured.  In your opinion, should one delete (although Featured) any hubs where the score on a particular hub has eventually dropped way down from when it was initially high at one point?  Or would it be better to just unpublish and later republish after making some changes, although it is still a featured hub at the moment, so HP is saying, at least to me, it is good to go?  It has been my experience when I have chosen, myself, to unpublish a hub, that the score continued to rise, even to the highest scoring hub, which seems odd, but maybe other hubbers were clicking on the link after I had unpublished it.  What are your suggestions on now low-scoring hubs that are featured ... to delete, unpublish and make changes, or just leave them alone. Thank you for any suggestions.

1. profile image0
      calculus-geometryposted 10 years agoin reply to this

When you make any changes to a hub, your end goal should be to increase  traffic, quality, or earnings, not scores. If it's already featured, just leave it be unless you really think it needs to be edited. It's not always the case that the lowest scoring hubs become unfeatured.

I think you have misplaced faith in how meaningful scores really are, pardon the pun on your name.  The fact that they fluctuate so often should tell you they aren't a reliable indicator of hub quality. Just because your previously high-scoring hub dropped several points doesn't mean it suddenly became a bad hub that will become unfeatured.  And just because it has a high score doesn't mean it's a great hub.  My highest scoring hub has around 350 words and gets only a handful monthly visitors. And yet it always stays featured.  I think if you focus on scores instead of quality and traffic you're going to become very, very, very frustrated.

Faith Reaperposted 10 years agoin reply to this

Hi, calculus-geometry, Oh, I love that "misplaced faith" as I may very well have been misplacing such in attempting to understand the scoring on the hubs and how they matter as relates to one's profile/hubber score.  You are right about it not always being the lowest scoring being unfeatured, as I believe it is those hubs that are not receiving many views, which cause a hub to be unfeatured?  Well, I guess I will leave well enough alone, as all, 92 now, are featured, but with that aggregate scoring, bringing down one's profile score is frustrating.  I had been at 97 and after that, it just dropped drastically.  Yes, I have been focusing on such and becoming very, very, very frustrated LOL, so thank you for your input.  Being none are unfeatured, I should be good to go ...

2. Marisa Wright profile image87
      Marisa Wrightposted 10 years agoin reply to this

Never, ever, ever, ever unpublish just to make changes.  You should always make your changes while the Hub is still published. 

As Wry says, score has nothing to do with anything.  A Hub score is NOT a reflection of quality.  For one thing, part of HubScore (on an established Hub) is based on how much traffic your Hub is getting.  So one way to get the HubScore up is to get more traffic to it, by promoting it - without changing anything!

Thanks so much, Marisa!  Okay, I am starting to understand all of this much better now.   So, let's say one's hubs are considered good quality being they are all featured, and one just needs to figure out how to promote those hubs that are not getting much traffic, hence the low score.  That would be so wonderful to not change a thing!  On the other hand, I always here about tweaking, tweaking and more tweaking, which I do that when I see something that needs tweaking.  I have not been unpublishing any hubs to edit, editing.  So, I just need to figure out a way to promote better, although I promote as much as I know how to promote.  Thank you, this helps me to understand things much better now.

1. WryLilt profile image87
          WryLiltposted 10 years agoin reply to this

Contrary to most people, I don't believe in promoting hubs with low traffic. Unless I'm really bored.

I live by the motto:

If it works, improve it and replicate it. If it's not working, ignore it or dump it.

If you're writing on a topic that no one is Googling, or that there are millions of articles on, you're never going to get anywhere, no matter how much you promote. Why not work on promoting your successes?

Yes, good advice there!  Thanks so much for your input here.

3. profile image0
      techhubmasterposted 10 years agoin reply to this

If I was you, I would just update the hub with new information because otherwise you will lose you alexa and search engine ranking.

2. Nell Rose profile image89
    Nell Roseposted 10 years ago

I try and juggle plates! lol! in other words if its dropped below a certain score I do try to tidy it up a bit and hope that it will get back up a bit. I also twitter it etc, so that usually helps.

Thanks, Nell,
      Yes, guess leave it, being it is featured, but edit a bit. Oh, I tweet, pinterest, FB, Google+ and whatever else.  LOL  Guess, the scores drop due to the views, being it is featured and HP thinks it is quality.

3. WryLilt profile image87
    WryLiltposted 10 years ago

What has score got to do with anything?

I've had low score hubs bring good money. High score hubs bring a pittance.

If it's featured and getting traffic, leave it.

Thanks WryLilt,

Oh, really, how interesting. Yes, all are featured and I share everywhere, but I have heard a suggestion as to one getting involved in discussion groups maybe on FB of those interested in the same topics and, thereby, possibly increasing views in such a manner.

Scores can't be seen by Google, and they're more of an indication after the fact. And they don't include earnings, or the quality of traffic.

For instance I have a hub on a very niche topic - so niche that I only get a handful of views per day. But I have 86 comments because it's a topic that so many people are grateful to find out they're not alone in. Still only has a score of 63 though smile

1. Writer Fox profile image31
          Writer Foxposted 10 years agoin reply to this

I have a Hub with a low QAP score that got 2,180 visitors this week – all sent from Google.  The scores don't seem to take traffic into account nor success on search engine rankings.  If HP wants more success with Google, the method of scoring Hubs needs some serious improvement.

1. There is no way to track search engine rankings. You can rank number one for "Writer fox wadi near the little river" but it means jack smile
            2. I doubt they will. Which is why many hubbers have asked for a removal of the scores. They said they were changed to be more accurate, but personally I don't see them anymore... I just see traffic stats smile

2. profile image0
            calculus-geometryposted 10 years agoin reply to this

" If HP wants more success with Google, the method of scoring Hubs needs some serious improvement."

How do you figure? Search engines don't care about any internal rating systems websites use to evaluate their webpages.  Google has its own method of ranking a hub, regardless of whether HubPages assigns it a score of 99 or 63.

No, but scores that make no sense confuse the hell out of newbies. One reason they should be banished!

2. Writer Fox profile image31
              Writer Foxposted 10 years agoin reply to this

The Quality Assessment Process was created in the wake of Google's downgrading of the entire HubPages.com domain for low-quality content and webspam.  The failures of QAP to identify Google-quality Hubs can affect the viability of HP as a publishing platform for all of the writers here. If the quality of a Hub which is highly successful in garnering search traffic is not perceived by QAP, then it is most likely that Hubs of low quality by Google standards are getting high scores and high positions on the site.

If you look at the Topic pages, the Hubs are ordered by QAP score, not by Google quality.  This sends the wrong message to the search engine which gives priority to the position of links on a page. It also gives the wrong message to Hubbers who are looking for examples of successful Hubs.

After three or four months, a Hub's quality in the eyes of Google is known by HP because it has the traffic stats. At that point, Google-quality is no longer a guess; it is a fact.  Yet, the QAP score doesn't seem to change to reflect that reality.

Recently the 'Editor's Choice' was created as a method to sort the wheat from the chaff, and that analysis doesn't seem to distinguish Hubs receiving good traffic from Google either.  The bottom line is that without success on Google search results, the HP website will not succeed.

Until HP hones its evaluation of Hubs based on outside traffic, it will continue to flounder and complain that it doesn't understand why traffic from Google continues to fall.

3. Faith Reaper profile image83

Wow, that's a lot of views there Writer Fox!  Hmm, yes, something just does not add up it seems ...

2. Faith Reaper profile image83

Hi WryLilt, well almost all of my hubs get tons of comments, which to me, hopefully count as views too, as one is viewing, reading and commenting all at once, and you are right, though, all of those, even with comments over 100+ still may drop in score, I guess due to views from the outside world not coming in?  If one goes to one's statistics page, most traffic, at least in my case, comes from other hubbers at HubPages.  Plus, another hubber published a hub on the top ranking hubbers as far as traffic, and he indicated that same thing, that most traffic is coming from other hubbers.  Do you find that to be the case too?

2. Cardisa profile image88
      Cardisaposted 10 years agoin reply to this

I agree with Wrylit. My highest scoring hubs are not my most successful. my highest scoring hub is at 98 while my most successful hub is at 84.

I hate low scores so I tend to watch when they fall below 70. But instead of deleting I edit by adding content, changing photos and revising as much as possible. I only delete hubs which are basically useless which I know wont get any traffic at all. And I mean those hubs which were opinion based or just were written with no sense of direction...lol

4. DzyMsLizzy profile image85
    DzyMsLizzyposted 10 years ago

I just write, and try to do a good job.  Whatever happens after I publish, happens.  I have learned to ignore things like hub scores, and hubber score numbers.  They are pretty much meaningless.

I have a LOT of published hubs--over 200.  That's not as many as some folks on here, who may have over a thousand, but I'm not in any competition with anyone for quantity.  I strive for quality.

A good many of my hubs (over 100 of them, I believe), are featured, the rest are not, and a few have fallen off the quality scale entirely.  Those are mostly short poems or very niche articles.  In the end, I've seen no drastic change in my earnings, with which I've never been terribly impressed.  I get some spare pocket change...not a way to make a living.

I have neither the time nor the energy to constantly tweak things to try and satisfy ever-changing standards.  Once published, they are what they are.  The only things I fiddle with are such things as broken link warnings.

If all of your hubs are featured, it sounds like you're on the right track, and have no worries.

Thanks DzyMzLizzy,  yes, there is just no way one can constantly tweak to no end!  Thanks so much, yes, they are all featured.  So, guess no worries, if others have so many unfeatured as you are stating.  I also just noticed something very strange, in that I have been sharing all my hubs including all those I read hubs on Pinterest, and just checked my traffic source and Pinterest is not even listed on there, so maybe I am flooding Pinterest too much under the one Board of HubPages Writers...?  Or is there such a thing as too much sharing to overload Pinterest on one board? Well, I guess that is another question for later.  Just very odd to me.  Thanks again for commenting.

1. DzyMsLizzy profile image85
        DzyMsLizzyposted 10 years agoin reply to this

I wouldn't know about Pinterest.  I have "pinning" blocked on my hubs--because I read there may be a risk of losing control of your copyright of things posted there....

Oh, really!  Well, my goodness and here I have been sharing all and all others and do not show one bit of anything on my traffic source.  May need to make amends and say bye, bye to Pinterest!  Thanks for the info.  I appreciate you.

DzyMLizzy, we've explained before how this doesn't effect your copyright.  It's a personal choice, but with my top hub sitting at 65,000 pins, I highly reccommend it.

Recommend keeping Pinterest?   Wow, that is a lot of pins!

5. missolive profile image61
    missoliveposted 10 years ago

I agree with the others...

Don't delete a featured hub and certainly don't delete a featured hub due to a low score. Google doesn't look at scores. Your stats should take priority over an internal scoring system.

Thanks missolive, I will not do so then.  Just trying to figure all of this out.  As far as publishing "personal" type hubs, one would not think so as far as getting a lot of views as HP says no personal; however, my highest amount of views on a hub is a combination of a poem and more ... concerning a certain member of my family being born.  So, just goes to show that the "How to do something" hubs, may not always be the thing to attract views.  Guess, I should just write what I want to write and enjoy writing, and not worry about any of it.

1. brakel2 profile image73
        brakel2posted 10 years agoin reply to this

The one thing I don't like about scores is that a hubber score must be at least 85 for links to be followed. I guess we just have to accept it and move on. The only thing I do to hubs is try to improve the good ones and maybe change titles or add content to the others. This has been a good discussion. Thanks Faith.

Yes, that is another aspect of it all, as they always say do not worry about score, but I did read that if it goes below 85, it may be de-indexed by Google?  Thanks so much for your thoughts here Audrey (brakel2)!

2. WryLilt profile image87

When did this happen? Always used to be 75 author score or 40 hub score.

WryLilt, I hope you are correct, but as brakel2 said, and I do remember reading it either in an email or forum, somewhere not too long ago, that if the hubber score goes below 85 it is de-indexed, and I have never known about an individual hub score.  Well, I hope you are right about both, but I believe it has changed, for when brakel2 commented, I remembered reading that very thing too.  So, if it is the case and one falls below 85 and de-indexed, should one just not write any longer?  I do not have any hubs below 40 or even near such, and I do not know what they have changed the hub score to not fall below.  I would think if the hubs were that low of a score, then they would not be featured for sure.

1. Patty Inglish, MS profile image90
              Patty Inglish, MSposted 10 years agoin reply to this

Robin posted it 3 weeks ago here:

http://hubpages.com/forum/topic/115305#post2451023

"The follow link threshold is a Hubber Score of 85."

Thanks so much Patty!  I knew I was not dreaming.  I left a response a few minutes ago and went to read the link again, so my response went away.

So, let's say it goes below 85, but then goes back up, does it automatically re-index then?  What is the individual hub score, do you know?  Do not have any really low, as they are all featured, but would like to know such.

Again, thank you so much for the link!

1. Patty Inglish, MS profile image90
                  Patty Inglish, MSposted 10 years agoin reply to this

I knew I saw that 85 someplace... but Gee, I can't find the number score for the individual Hub currently. It must be somewhere in announcements, unless it has not changed from the original number.

Thanks Patty, hopefully, will not have to be concerned with the individual hub scores!!!  Maybe it has not changed. Appreciate you.

Oh sheesh sad

6. Sue Adams profile image95
    Sue Adamsposted 10 years ago

Many of us get most of our traffic from Pinterest. I wouldn't get rid of it.

Deleted

Okay, I do see Pinterest now under traffic sources way down at the bottom, but not twitter?  Does twitter even count on HubPages, if not, why is there a link to share anything there?

1. Mark Knowles profile image59
          Mark Knowlesposted 10 years agoin reply to this

Twitter is a legitimate source of traffic, but I wouldn't imagine the sort of things you write about would appeal to the Twitter crowd. That is most likely why you are not seeing any figures.

I do receive email from them saying someone has commented or retweeted something, and I do have to reset my email a lot, so seems like it would register something, but you may very well be correct.

Hmm, just now checked my email, and there are a lot from twitter there.

What does that have to do with the fact that Twitter people are unlikely to be interested in the stuff you write about and unlikely to visit? Surely that is all about your interaction on Twitter?

That and spam rss without hashtags.

Have to be the most niche content I've seen - aimed at one person big_smile

Mark, Yes, I do have to work 10 hours out of the day away from my home during the weekdays in the city, so I will share, but am not able to interact there as one would need to do.    WryLilt, sorry, what is spam rss without hashtags?

And? Lost me. What does that have to do with the lack of interest in your work from Twitter?

Faith Reaper, you have your account connected to Twitter to just post anything you publish by the looks.

Try using hashtags to target at your interest groups.

And you don't have to be hangin' off Twitter all day, let them hang off you! I only post 1-2 times a day or less. Plus you can schedule tweets with tools like Hootsuite. If you have a website, you can automate the whole process even - I have accounts on which I've never posted a real tweet.

1. janshares profile image93
                    jansharesposted 10 years agoin reply to this

How to use hash tag? Example - hub about gala apples: when I tweet, do I put "#gala apples" in the lead-in statement followed by the hub url?

You will love the taste of #gala apples: hub url

Thanks so much WryLilt, I do need to do such!

7. Martin Heeremans profile image59
    Martin Heeremansposted 10 years ago

I must agree with Writer Fox on this one.

Hubs, although a good platform, does get spam content posted on it at very random times. But, it is up to us as hubbers to protect our content from spam - Report, delete and notify HP staff is how we can help maintain the quality. The best thing we can do in order to deter these users and/or bots is react quickly.

I do not see any spam posted on mine.

He means spam hubbers who post spam hubs.

Yes, there have been an increase of those for sure!!!  Do not understand why they want to follow and think someone will follow them back, especially never writing anything or not commenting on one's hubs.  I just ignore them, but try to remember to go ahead and flag them for spam.

Works on sites like Bubblews smile

2. profile image54
            LiveFreeBeFreeposted 10 years agoin reply to this

There are some people like me who just like what has been written but don't feel the need or want to leave fan mail or comments, so please don't think that all who start following you without writing anything are just there to try to gain a follower.

8. rebekahELLE profile image85
    rebekahELLEposted 10 years ago

No, this is not accurate.  If someone published a hub about the highest ranking hubbers in regard to traffic, I don't know how it was determined.  If they took stats from Alexa, this is not an accurate analysis.

Traffic wise, you ideally want a combination of search engine traffic, referrals, social media, etc.
    Don't go by the number of comments a hub has, if many are no-follow links, it doesn't help. That's one reason HP raised the hubber score threshhold to 85.

I deleted the "If you want to join HP, click here link."  As that is what I read somewhere, we were to do now.  All those that comment are fellow hubbers who write all of the time.  RebekahELLE, I know we are getting off of the initial reason for the post here, so in your opinion would one need to delete hubs that are posted but maybe the score has now fallen to get one's score back into the 90s at least?

9. rebekahELLE profile image85

No, I wouldn't delete hubs for this reason.
    I wouldn't worry too much about scores, as long as your hubber score remains above 85.

Look at what is doing well and keep your focus there.  When you look at your hubs scored in the 90's, what do they have that those scored the lowest don't have?

Well, all of mine score really high initially and then over time slowly drop, but are featured still, so quality must be okay.  As far as spammers who follow me, does that bring down one's score?  How can we stop them from following? With the aggregate scoring in place now, I was thinking that one would need to eliminate the now lower-scoring hubs to bring it back up, as I did have a score of 97.  Seems, that would be one way to just keep the higher scoring hubs, but even those in the 90's now, will eventually start falling.  What are hashtags, etc. as WritLilt is writing about here?

1. rebekahELLE profile image85
        rebekahELLEposted 10 years agoin reply to this

If you receive a lot of views/comments from hubbers after publishing a new hub, the score may jump up.  Who is your target audience?  If it's hubbers, then scores will most likely fall over time, as HP wants traffic that will boost ad revenue. 

If you know spammers are leaving comments, delete those posts. 
        As far as deleting lower-scoring hubs to bring your average score back up, that's an individual choice.  Again, it depends on your overall purpose of publishing on HP.  There's no guarantee that your higher score hubs will remain at that score.
        Hashtags are used to highlight keywords/topics on Twitter.  HP recently wrote about the best way to use them, I think it was in the newsletter.  I think of them like a file folder.  They work best with trending topics and specific interests.

I just published a hub and it has a score of 90 and received 363 views in a day or two and just now, my score went down?  I will search for the article on Hashtags.  Thank you for the information.  Since I share everywhere, then audience is the world.  I am really just trying to get a sense of how it is determined, and being I have a full-time job during the week, I am not concerned with money, but just want to understand clearly how can one's score go down when views are coming in and featured with hubs published with a score in the 90's?

Do not believe spammers are commenting, at least to my knowledge.  They usually just follow without commenting, and I do not follow back of course.

10. profile image0
    Super Ninjaposted 10 years ago

Some guy called Sanrobey left this fan mail for Faith Reaper - "I following you, follow me...."
    LOL
    It sure works on Bubblews! CONNECTED!

11. profile image0
    Super Ninjaposted 10 years ago

Hey, WryLilt, I noticed you have more then a million views, do you still make any money here or are just writing for pleasure.
    Just curious.

Wow, million views!!!  Now, that is connected!  Oh, yes, one could get paid tons on Bubblews in the "connected" that is for sure LOL

Yes, I still make money here. There is someone who posted on this thread who has over 10 million views. wink

My goodness!!!  That is amazing!  Wow!  Guess I need to read your hubs as you are up on all the technology and how to generate views obviously!

2. rebekahELLE profile image85

I think Wry is referring to Patty Inglish who has over 10M views, and almost 2000 hubs.  Not too many hubbers are going to make it to her level. She's been writing for over 20 years.  Can we learn from her?  Yes.  She answers search queries with her hubs.

Correct smile I only know of about 10 hubbers with that many.

Going to take me another 2.5 years at these rates. sad

Wow, 20 years!!!  Amazing!  She is an awesome writer who I follow.  I think another male hubber has a million or more views too, and I follow him, and he has not even published anything in 7 months or so, I believe.  James Watkins, he is a great writer too.

1. profile image0
            Ronnytronposted 10 years agoin reply to this

I have one question: Say I write high quality hubs, do the SEO (links, keywords, title, and niche topics), and read and follow the HP tutorials (They are pretty good).
            Can I rank high in search engines with all that has been going on with HP nowadays?

Good question.  Yes, does it all even make a difference?

If you have no competition? Yes.

HP stats are increasing after the summer lull now anyway.

3. mistyhorizon2003 profile image88
      mistyhorizon2003posted 10 years ago

I have over 4 million views here, but can't say it was anything other than good luck. Certainly I didn't really spend much time studying SEO or anything else that might enhance my success. I literally just wrote what I liked to write about or what I found interesting personally. What I didn't know enough about I researched, and the rest happened on its own. The sad thing is that I was once on over 10400 views a day here, but in the last two years this is down to well under 2000, and the income makes it barely worth checking in here any more (Panda has a lot to answer for).

I certainly think we are just wasting our time tweaking and trying to improve our existing articles, far better to move on to a more successful site like Bubblews and wait and see what happens with this site by keeping an eye on  accurate sites like Quantcast that show the traffic the site is receiving.

Absolutely agree! Except the Bubblews part.

2. profile image0

I won't count on Bubblews. It's an Indian website, and could be a scam. just because they pay you doesn't mean they are reliable.
        And I don't think bubblews' articles show up in search engine results. Do
        they?
        BTW there are lot of spammers on HP too. Someone is posting codes on forums. I reported it, but HP should do something about it.

Uh he's from America?

2. mistyhorizon2003 profile image88
          mistyhorizon2003posted 10 years agoin reply to this

From what I can gather it is American and has two young men running it. Bubblews posts are starting to appear in search engine results, and are in fact getting indexed very quickly. People who get comments on their Bubbews posts from someone called 'random user' are getting those comments from someone who is not a member of Bubblews, therefore probably found the post through the SERPs. Bubblews may or may not last, but as long as they want to keep paying me to write a few short posts on a daily basis I will keep writing there. If it does vanish in the future I haven't lost much and didn't need to put hours and hours of work into each post there like I did here.

3. profile image54
        LiveFreeBeFreeposted 10 years agoin reply to this

My understanding after reading a recent article on here, is that Bubblews picks and chooses who they pay, so if there are users who are already complaining that they aren't getting paid I'd be careful with my time with them.

1. mistyhorizon2003 profile image88
          mistyhorizon2003posted 10 years agoin reply to this

Well I know quite a few people from here who have started writing there, and the general consensus seems to be that those who aren't getting paid have broken the rules one way or another. Certainly everyone I know has been paid more than once, and whilst some of the payments are a little later than promised, they  do seem to be filtering through okay. One person I know has already received over 5 payouts without a hitch.

4. profile image0
      Ronnytronposted 10 years ago

I am not sure, I read it somewhere. Is it?

He's American. And Bubblews has been outranking HP. But I have quit writing there anyway.

5. profile image0
      Ronnytronposted 10 years ago

You still write on HP?

Yes. On other accounts. Occasionally on this one.

1. profile image0

You have multiple accounts? why?

Because I write on different topics. Because I don't want everything I write scrutinised. Because I don't want good topics stolen. Lots of reasons.

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
    Necessary
    HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
    LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
    Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
    AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
    HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
    HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
    Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
    CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
    Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
    Features
    Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
    Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
    Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
    Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
    Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
    VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
    PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
    Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
    MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
    Marketing
    Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
    Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
    Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
    SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
    Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
    Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
    AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
    OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
    Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
    TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
    Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
    Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
    Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
    Statistics
    Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
    ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
    Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
    ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)