Evidence of Satan

Jump to Last Post 1-10 of 10 discussions (264 posts)
  1. Claire Evans profile image62
    Claire Evansposted 10 years ago

I went to a cat lover's site on Facebook page.  Somebody posted a picture of a man holding up the head of a decapitated cat.  Can someone explain why somebody would do something like this? Is it necessary for the evolutionary process? Was evolution responsible for that? 

If you acknowledge Satan, then it makes sense.

1. profile image0
      HowardBThinameposted 10 years agoin reply to this

I'm so sorry you had to see something like that. While I don't believe in Satan or Hell, if Hell did exist - it would be the perfect place for someone who would do something so horrible as that.

I think people that do those kinds of things really hate themselves. I know I can easily feel hatred toward them. It's too bad we have to share the air of our planet with them.

Claire Evansposted 10 years agoin reply to this

Thank you for you comment.  I appreciate it.

1. Paul Wingert profile image60
          Paul Wingertposted 10 years agoin reply to this

Did you report that to FB?

1. Paul Wingert profile image60
            Paul Wingertposted 10 years agoin reply to this

Such actions have nothing to do with Satanism or evil spirits. It's a mental disorder (chemical imbalance) or need of attention (if my kid did something that screwed up, he'd get attention alright, I'd beat the crap out of him - child abuse or not!). That's why mental hospitals pump up their patients with drugs instead of performing exorcisms. In the Satanic religion, one of their 10 commandments is not to not harm or kill animals except to be eaten or self defence.

1. profile image0
              Emile Rposted 10 years agoin reply to this

Yes. Beating a child is certainly the best way to unscrew him up. roll

2. A Thousand Words profile image69
              A Thousand Wordsposted 10 years agoin reply to this

That's secular Satanism. Kind of like secular Judaism (Jews that don't actually believe in God). Satanists that actually worship Satan are quite different.

2. Claire Evans profile image62

I did try but when I clicked on "report", FB hid it.  So I couldn't access the profile that sent it.  I'm just someone else reported it, though.

2. profile image0
      Rad Manposted 10 years agoin reply to this

Some people want attention and any attention will do. Good or bad, it doesn't matter. It's human behaviour and has nothing to do with spirits at all.

3. MelissaBarrett profile image59
      MelissaBarrettposted 10 years agoin reply to this

If you acknowledge mental illness, it also makes sense. Humans are wonderful, but sometimes they break. Sometimes it's their heart, sometimes it's their liver, and sometimes it's their mind.

Melissa, as a Christian you ought to know this behavior is motivated by Satan, mentally ill or not.  Why does nobody do good things when they are mentally ill? Why is it always destructive and bad? It's a cop out to merely label someone mentally ill when they do things evil.  Mental illness on its own could never spawn something so evil.

1. profile image0

I've seen mentally ill people standing on the streets wearing winter coats in the heat of the summer holding a bible above their heads shouting scripture. They are not doing anything bad, but are mentally ill.

2. MelissaBarrett profile image59

I've seen many mentally ill people do very good things. It doesn't always make people violent and hateful, that's a misconception. It just produces behavior that is outside the norm. That behavior slides the entire spectrum.

But when someone does something good, we don't automatically think its because they are psychotic.  When one does evil like this it is always put down to being mentally ill. 

Do you believe these people were influenced by Satan? Can you tell me that every person who commits similar acts are mentally ill?

1. MelissaBarrett profile image59

Yes we do. Anything on the far end of either side of the behavior spectrum we assume is mental illness, and usually is.

If somebody shot themselves so that a stranger could have their organs, we would assume that was mental illness. There are many stories in exactly that same vein. People who have done extremely charitable acts before killing themselves.

Then there are the crazy cat ladies, who adopt and feed sometimes hundreds of cats, turning their homes into giant feces piles in the process, because they want to take care of the poor things.

As an aside, not every mental illness is a psychosis. Often, those with personality disorders, anti-social personality disorder jumps to mind, can abuse/kill animals.

I don't believe that any mentally ill person is influenced by Satan. That's because every mentally ill person I've ever met (and there are many) who has sought treatment and been compliant with it has shown drastic improvement. No exorcisms needed, just medication and therapy. So unless you believe that Satan can be destroy using Haldol instead of God...

The thing is, you are just assuming that it is mental illness.  Do you believe there is a chance Satan influenced these people?

No. No I don't.

Furthermore, I think such thought processes lead to the stigmatization of mental illness, both by the suffer and the population at large.

In other words, the mentally ill don't seek treatment because they are afraid others will think they are possessed. Others think them possessed and throw holy water rather than medication. Or worse, burn them at the stake, drown them, etc.

All in all, the suffer leads a horrible, lonely, frightened life. The person that believes they are surrounded by evil caused by the devil also leads a horrible, lonely, frightened life jumping at shadows and seeing evil everywhere.

1. A Thousand Words profile image69

Very well said.

How can you be a Christian and not believe Satan influences people? Do you think Jesus thinks that? You are also assuming that these people are mentally ill.  Mentally ill people, however, can also be influenced by Satan even though they may not know it.

Those evil people don't necessarily have to be possessed by demons like the girl from, "The Exorcist." Possession and being influenced by Satan don't always go hand in hand.

2. profile image0
                Dave36posted 10 years agoin reply to this

I'm not practising any religion, but it seems obvious to me that satan, if it does exist, exists in the "ego" mind.
                You can be led by your heart (god), or you can be led by your ego (anti god).
                So over the years we choose a side, and if led by our hearts we do good things.
                However if controlled & led by our "ego", we do bad things.
                The guy with the Cat's head for example, that was his "mind" telling him to do it!.
                He only did it for an "ego" boost of some kind, & certainly didn't do that from his heart.
                Now when i say heart i literally mean heart, peeps don't realise that they can literally be led by their heart.
                Only if they gain control of their ego mind, & let their heart through.
                That guy is losing his battle in life, and his mind is gaining control.
                So if he continues that way & doesn't realise it, he will do worse things for a bigger ego boost!.
                Nothing bad is ever done from the heart, & only the mind can come up with a bad idea in the first place!.
                I'd say the mind is responsible for ALL our feelings apart from love, i can manifest any feeling i want to just by "thinking".
                Whereas love has to be "felt" through another person or entity, so the source of love is god, and we can feel this love any where, but only in our hearts.
                The mind can't (in my opinion) generate love, like it can all other feelings.
                The mind can however, come up with religion, and we know what having different religions has led to.

Or he could have psychopathic personality disorder (or be a sociopath) and be exhibiting zoosadism as a symptom.

(I'm also not discounting financial gain and/or religion as a motivator)

But sure, devil possession and/or ego could be causing it as well. Why not? I suppose he could also be under the direct control of a parasitic mind worm from Ceti Alpha V too.

It disturbs me that you being a Christian should just dismiss the devil.  Did Jesus do that? No, He very much warned us against the devil.  He even said the Pharisees were led by the devil.

2. Dr Lamb profile image54
                  Dr Lambposted 10 years agoin reply to this

Dave, I suggest you do a little research on how the mind operates. The ego is not the entire mind, just the mostly aware part that constantly tries to figure out if and when it can give the ID or Superego what they want. Your heart does no thinking at all. It pumps blood. Love is an emotion which is closely linked to addition and produces a chemical reaction in the brain.

1. profile image0

I didn't realise that they'd proven, that the mind creates the feeling of love Dr Lamb...They say that sexual attraction, & attachment are the two main drives in love, but their not love...Also scientists don't know, how emotions trigger physical feelings...They have a few theories, but nothing as far as i know 100% proven...So i suppose, it's a bit like their theory of Evolution...I know my ego is not my entire mind, & my mind will be good for me when my ego has been eliminated...So i have done a lot of research, but on my own mind.

3. AshtonFirefly profile image68
          AshtonFireflyposted 9 years agoin reply to this

You do realize you would have just violated several laws by saying that if you were an employer.

Why does nobody do good things when they are mentally ill? Really?

Mental illness does not always do something bad. Ever watched Beautiful Mind? Be careful. Some of us have been diagnosed with mental illnesses and treat people way better than ones who sit around pointing fingers in people's eyes demanding to know why they don't think there's a Satan.

Claire Evansposted 9 years agoin reply to this

I have a mental illness in the form of depression and I'm not bad.  The point I'm trying to make is why is it when someone does good no one says they are mentally ill? I don't think even would say that I'm a compassionate person because I suffer from clinical depression.  They will attribute it to something else.  However, when someone does bad, it appears to some that it must be mental illness by default.  And when I said, "Why is it also destructive and bad?", I'm arguing from the point of view of those who think all evil must stem from mental illness.  It most definitely is not my point of view that all with mental illness must be evil.  That's ridiculous and that is why I take offence when people say when people do atrocious acts then they must automatically be mentally ill.

4. EncephaloiDead profile image53
      EncephaloiDeadposted 10 years agoin reply to this

Here on Earth, we acknowledge mental disorders, because they are the ones that not only make sense, but are the ones that provide the evidence.

And you have personally evaluated these individuals? Why do psychos not do good things?

5. profile image0
      Lybrahposted 10 years agoin reply to this

That's not cool.  Poor cat.

I'm still crying about it.  I have been extremely traumatized.

1. profile image0

Two days later you are still crying about the cat? Nothing about that seems off balance to you?

Nope.  I just have a very caring, sensitive heart.  It was very traumatic to see.  I think I'm starting to get why you don't believe in Satan now.  You don't seem to understand the depth of suffering and evil there is in the world.

1. profile image0

Actually, Claire, I doubt you could find a person in my circle of friends, acquaintances or peripheral contacts who wouldn't attest to the fact that it is commonly believed I have a caring and selfless heart. I believe I was born with a level of empathy which allows me to comfortably care and my actions are normally based on the question of what does the person I interact with need, not what do I. And, this is not limited to humanity. I catch and release a mouse in the house and move insects out of harms way when necessary.

I recognize acts which I consider to be evil. I simply attempt to not jump to ridiculous conclusions. I don't think it is caring or particularly sensitive to insist others are led by demons from the underworld. I think claiming to be caring and holding such a belief are mutually exclusive. I mean, you obviously think you care about the cat. I simply think you are using the cat in an attempt to convince yourself, and others, you care. But, you leave humans out of the caring equation. You don't attempt to understand what motivates, in order to help. You write it all off as the handwork of Satan. Considering the numbers involved in this write off, pondering the crimes against humanity which have been perpetuated in the name of such write offs, I wonder how anyone who thinks this way could possibly convince themselves they either care, or possess any amount of sensitivity.

Sorry. It's a cop out. I would be doing you a disservice to pretend that i believed your beliefs were, all around, caring or sensitive. I think positions such as the one you claim to hold are, in their own way, evil. I don't write you off as being in the hands of Satan. I simply think you missed a few hugs at critical points in development. This conclusion doesn't mean I don't think you should be held accountable for damage you do other adults with your beliefs. But, then again, I think others (if mature and well balanced) should have better sense than to be affected by your beliefs.

Oh my God, you think I'm using this cat for some other agenda? You are saying I don't care? You have absolutely no idea what you are talking about.  If you cannot understand how someone can cry days on about something so horrific then we are not on the same wavelength.

1. profile image0

Claire, most people bounce back from a traumatic event very quickly, other do not. It's my understanding that those that take longer to recover are under stress and or had a very traumatic event when they were a child. If you are still having trouble forgetting about a picture you saw on the internet a few days later it may be a good idea to seek some professional help.

When you love Jesus, pain is always so much deeper.  I am a sensitive person, I agree, but that is just in my genetic make-up as well.

2. profile image0

Anyone who cries for days on end about anything should seek professional help. IMO.

I don't cry days on end.  Sometimes when I remember it I cry.

2. Hendrika profile image69
                Hendrikaposted 10 years agoin reply to this

I have more respect for a person caring for an animal than for one caring about humans. Humans can look after themselves domesticated animals cannot do that.

1. profile image0

3 year olds can fend for themselves?

6. WiccanSage profile image91
      WiccanSageposted 10 years agoin reply to this

I don't see how it acknowledges Satan at all (considering in Judaism he's still an angel who works for God and was never a fallen angel, and his changes through the ages, he seems clearly a myth and a scapegoat to me). To me it just acknowledges that people can be twisted and depraved-- not from some outside source acting on them but from their own inner psychological and social make-up. 

I'm sorry you had to see that though; what a truly traumatic thing to have to run across.

I'm not Jewish so thus I don't believe he is an agent of God in the form of an angel.  I'm Christian and thus acknowledge what Jesus says about Satan.  And it's not good.

As I said to Emile, Satan can use anyone for his evil purposes.  It's just that the beheading of a cat is a blatant manifestation of Satan.  It's not subtle or done out of ignorance.

7. A Thousand Words profile image69

You're making quite the leap, Claire. "People do horribly dreadful things. Man must not be capable of that without outside influence. Therefore, Satan. "

Sorry, but humans are animals... And some pretty "horrible" stuff goes down in the animal kingdom if you view it through a PC human's point of view... Forced copulation is quite prevalent. In our closest relatives, you can observe bullying to the max, infanticide (which can be observed in most animal societies, especially ones fighting for territory) and the list goes on. Our culture is the only thing that causes us to turn our heads at such atrocities when it comes to humans. Just maybe 70-80 years ago, people took photos next to bodies of men hanging as though it was just a fun family outing. Our world is considerably more PC than it used to be. Death was common. Seeing death, rather, was common. People used to duel to the death when embarrassed by someone for goodness sake. Beheadings were community events. People considered "witches" were hanged. People in general were hanged for various reasons (many unjustly). I can go on and on. While I am an animal lover and am disheartened by what you have viewed, Im not so quick to say Satan's behind it. Probably because I don't believe in Satan. But you'd be surprised by what any living thing is capable of. I'm rarely surprised, though.

But just because you don't understand it, doesn't mean Satan dunnit (or influenced it).

You can't compare humans to animals.  They have no sense of moral code.  They don't know the difference between what is good and evil.  Are you telling me that we have no sense of moral code?

It doesn't matter what the stance of things were during the ages.  There are some things that are evil and can never be anything else.  What else do you describe someone who enjoys seeing a cat suffer?

1. profile image0

How do you no animals don't know right from wrong? My dog certainly does. Like us he needed to be taught right from wrong, but there are certain rights and wrongs that are instinctive. Just like us. And just like us he sometimes does stuff he knows is wrong but wants to get away with it.

Someone who needs some professional help.

Your dog only knows he's wrong when there are consequences.  There is no way he is going to stop being naughty because he is developing a conscious about it.

2. profile image0

I'd like an example of a "wrong", that's "instinctive" please Rad Man.

1. profile image0

When a male Lion takes over a pride he kills all the cubs that aren't his.

When attacked humans will murder to survive.

We think nothing of killing chickens or cows for food.

1. profile image0

When attacked humans will murder to survive, is the biggest load of s**t iv'e heard in a while....Murder is pre meditated, & not done from being attacked....(You seem to like wikipedia, so look it up buddy).....So i personally am not capable of dropping a bomb, & "murdering" millions of "innocent" people....Or gassing "millions" of men, women, & children....I tell you now mate, i would sooner die!.

That's why it's so important to proof read your own posts.

2. profile image0

So you picked only one of three to comment on and even then all you did was attempt to correct my grammar. I should have used kill instead of murder. Yea, you got me there. LOL

Why so angry?

If I were to venture to guess why the anger, it would be because it is important to some people to have the myth of Satan to explain why bad things happen and to convince themselves that humans are inherently evil in nature and require God to save them. Satan comes in because of two dueling ideas. 1. That God wouldn't make inherently evil people and 2. That without us being inherently evil, there would be nothing for God to save us from.

Therefore, the acceptance of such horrible concepts such as psychology and sociology threatens their belief in God, and as such what they hold to be the entire foundation on which their lives function. So the "anger" really isn't anger. It's a defense mechanism against that fear.

What's funny is that the psychology discipline actually has more religious practitioners than any other medical field. So the knowledge is really unlikely to make one turn into a heathen. Still, I guess superstition is easier to cling to, it requires less book work.

Humans are animals, Claire. That's a fact. And animals, besides humans, do have moral codes. You obviously don't know much about them for you to say that. They have societies, they have an idea of "right" and "wrong," which can vary from animal society to animal society, as it does with humans. Much of it is instinctual, but sorry, humans aren't the only mammals/animals with a sense of morals. Anyone who's watched Animal Planet or Nat Geo WIld should be aware of that. As a matter of fact, I'll recommend a movie to you that I think shows it.  It's called African Cats and here's a link for more info about it. http://www.imdb.com/title/tt1223236/

If you see morality from specifically a religious standpoint, then you'll miss it. But if you understand morals for what they really are, you'll see them in the believer, the un-believer, and animals alike...

That's an opinion, Claire. While I ABSOLUTELY agree that the era shouldn't matter, neither one of us would be likely to feel so strongly about it if we lived in those times. Certainly not in the same sense that we do now. Morals evolve with culture and society. Opinions, world views differ from generation to generation. Sorry, but that's life.

I'd say that someone who enjoys seeing cats or animals suffer in general is a very, very troubled individual. I don't use the term "evil". But that still doesn't mean Satan dunnit or influenced it. Too big of a jump.

Give me an example of animals with moral codes? Just briefly of what they do? I know that animals can show compassion but they don't do acts and think, "Is this right or wrong?"

God's commandments never change.  Do you think He'd find someone less capable of murder because it was okay during a certain era?  What era would it have been okay to decapitate a cat and gloat over it? Even the devil can use a mentally unstable person.  He'd take advantage of that for his own purpose. 

Yes, anything but evil to you.  It's always something else.  What troubles does a person have to revel in the misery of animals?

1. Dr Lamb profile image54
              Dr Lambposted 10 years agoin reply to this

I just read a story about an Asian elephant that was given the task to move posts in holes. In one of the holes he refused to drop the post in. The trainer didn't know why until they looked deeply in the hole and found a dog sleeping in the hole. The elephant wouldn't do what he was told because he reasoned he would hurt something.

But that's compassion.  He didn't think, "Is it wrong to put a pole in when there is a dog inside of it?"
                Unlike people who damn well know what they are doing when they torture animals.  They know it is wrong but still do it.

8. Titen-Sxull profile image72
      Titen-Sxullposted 10 years agoin reply to this

As near as I can tell the more intelligent a life-form the more nuanced and unpredictable its behaviors tend to be. This is why things like murder, the seemingly senseless killing of a member of ones own species, is only seen in animals like dolphins, chimps, humans, etc.

If I were to render a guess I'd say its the big brain and the fact that we're more consciously aware, its a double-edged sword because it opens us up to more choices, including those illogical and immoral. This is why a shark that attacks someone isn't evil, but a man that attacks someone is, because we perceive the shark as doing something instinctual, it doesn't have any moral awareness but a human being does.

As for Satan, that's just superstition and at any rate far more horrific things have been done in the name of God than have ever been done in the name of Satan.

1. A Thousand Words profile image69

Well put, as always.

I agree except for the part of Satan being a superstition.  There are many Satanists who don't do things in the name of Satan especially those in powerful positions.  Doing evil in the name of God is far more effective.  Take for example George Bush Jnr.  He says God gave him guidance to invade Iraq but he is a Satanist.

1. wilderness profile image95
          wildernessposted 10 years agoin reply to this

Have you ever witnessed Bush worshiping Satan?  Have you ever seen a video of it?  Has he ever said he worships Satan? 

Does Bush make the identical claim you do - that God guides him?  Does he claim to be a Christian, just like you do? 

Then you have no reason to make such a statement and should be heartily ashamed of yourself.  Bush is the same as you - Christian - and you know it.

He is a member of Bohemian Grove and the Skull and Bones society.  Look that up.  It's very Satanic.  Of course he is not going to say he worships Satan.  God guides me but I don't claim He wants me to go to war based on lies which resulted in the deaths of thousands of innocent people.  So does He act like a Christian? No.  It's easy to say one is a Christian to cover up their Satanism. 

I'm not ashamed to say the truth.

Claire, you wouldn't know the truth if it bit you.

The Skull and Bones society is not "very satanic"; there is nothing satanic about it at all.  Neither is the Bohemian Grove, and you have exactly zero reason to slander either group.

The world is not full of Satanic people and groups, all out to "get" Claire (or anyone else, for that matter).  Actual Satanic worshipers are quite rare and limited to very small, nondescript groups.

Yes, I have no reason to slam organizations that perform human sacrifice.  Of course not. They perform acts for Lillith at Bohemian Grove.  Yes, Lillith is Satan.

Bohemian Grove human sacrifice re-enactment.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mNpQ6kM8ANo

A Skull and Bones Society initiation ritual:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nBSPOkUtVVc

As I Christian, am I ought to acknowledge that this is what Jesus wants Christians to do? Answer me please.  You have absolutely no clue about the Skull and Bones Society or what happens at Bohemian Grove.  This is probably the first time you have heard of them.  In fact, you have no clue about evil.

You need to get a reality check.  This world is not what it seems.  You think Satanism is rare? Think again.  It is rife and they have so much power of the world's affairs.  Who do you think are responsible for wars? Christians who love Jesus?

I have a friend whose ex girlfriend and the mother of his child is a witch.  She is heavily involved in Satan.  He has approached me to organize an exorcism.  It is an extremely serious matter because it has spilled over into my life.  On Friday after praying for this man an object flew off a desk.  So catch a wake up.  Satan rules this world.

The text on the video says it is a human sacrifice, not a re-enactment.  Obviously a lie.

Would you also call Romeo and Juliet an "re-enactment" of a murder?  Because that's what that organization does, after all - put on plays (re-enactments) in a grove of redwood trees. 

It is not I that needs a reality check, Claire - that would be those that are on the verge of paranoia, thinking some horrible ET is coming after them for eternal torture.  Best stay away from the boy thinking Satan has his girlfriend.

Do you really believe that they'd actually film human sacrifices for the public to see? The re-enactment is bad enough.  I think you'd agree that it is not Christian behaviour.  Comments on the Skull and Bones initiation ritual?

You must believe what you want to believe.  Just don't say you weren't warned.

2. Jomine Jose profile image71
          Jomine Joseposted 10 years agoin reply to this

Satan is a Persian import - Ahiriman, not indigenous to Israel.

He goes by many names.

1. Jomine Jose profile image71

But still was invented by the Persians/pagans.

Satan is an invention of nobody.  He has always been.  I don't care where the names originated.  He is still there.

1. Jomine Jose profile image71

So says you.

Why, did satan born among the persians that no one else heard about him before? Christians copied a pagan deity just like they copied many other things or like their predecessors, jews, copied, but that does not make it real.

So says the truth.

I'm not sure why you mention the Persians.  Satan is a Hebrew name. Shaytân- is Satan in Persia. What do you mean no one else had heard of him before? Please don't give me that Christianity was borrowed from pagan deities.  That has been refuted a long time ago.

9. profile image0
      Stevennix2001posted 9 years agoin reply to this

I don't think that really proves that Satan exists.  I think that just proves that there's a lot of sick a**holes out there, and that the guy posting the pic either has a very dark sense of humor, or they might be insane.  Or, they could be a bit of both.

No, it doesn't prove Satan exists.  However, I'm asking if one acknowledges Satan exists then it makes sense.  Let's for argument sake say this guy isn't insane.  What would then possess him to do such a thing? Why would you not do it but he would?

1. profile image0

Well if you're going by that logic, then what is your exact definition of the term insanity though?  I remember watching a documentary once about the psychology of batman and his villains, as professional psychologists did compare the characters to various real life historical figures like Jeffrey Dahmer and etc. 

I think one of them mentioned Ted Bundy, and said that he even though he was a serial killer that he did not reach the legal definition of the term insane.  Therefore, it really depends on what you're definition of insanity is, but I personally think the people you're talking about are just straight up crazy.  Unless you can prove it to me that guy isn't legally insane, then I honestly don't know what else to tell you.

The problem I have is that people claim that evil people are insane by default.  There are some who thing they must be insane and that influence by Satan cannot be true.  There are some people who are insane and don't know the difference between right and wrong.  It often involves sadism.  It is an extreme form of mental illness. 

I think I have argued that Satan can very much use mental illness for his advantage.  How do I know? Because insane people can perpetuate much evil and suffering.  The devil takes advantage of their ability to not reason.  It's just odd that they would be compelled to do that evil in the first place.  I personally know of a psychopath and he does nothing good.  When we do wrong, Satan takes advantage of that.  All evil comes from Satan. 

In my opinion, I think a schizophrenic who is not treated must be considered absolved when they do heinous things.  They cannot tell the difference between right and wrong. 

So if this person who decapitated the cat was insane, from what exactly is he suffering from? What disorder does he have? We must also remember that this boy was not alone.  He was in a group, all of them pleased with the suffering of this cat.  Are they all insane?

So I asked you again: What would then possess him to do such a thing? Why would you not do it but he would?

1. profile image0

Wow, you brought up so many points.  I'm not sure if i can address them all, but i'll try.  In a sense, you're right that not all bad people are mentally insane.  Some are bad because of how they grew up.  For example, a racist might rape and kill a minority believing he did nothing wrong because he was taught throughout his whole life that minorities were inferior to him.  Not saying, I agree with that, but there are people who grow up with that mentality. 

As for what you said about knowing a psychopath personally...um....I shutter to ask, but how exactly do you know this psychopath?  Sorry, I'm just curious.

However, I'm not going to address anything you said about psychopathic tendencies being the by product of satan because I'm not a psychologist.  Therefore, it's not my place to say. 

As for you saying that a schizophrenic should be absolved of their crimes if they're symptoms are untreated, I have to painfully disagree with you.  Granted, they may not know what they do, but you don't want to allow those people to wonder off scott free to hurt any more people.  At the very least, they should be declared insane to where they can get locked up in an asylum to get the help they need. 

As far as this cat thing goes, I honestly never saw this pic that you're referring to.  However, let me ask you this.  Was the picture photoshopped?  Was it altered in any way?  The reason why I ask is because if it's a fake, then it might be someone with a very twisted sense of humor.  Hell, Seth McFarlane usually puts in f**ked up crap like that in his family guy episodes on tv.  Would you call him insane?  Or what about the guys created south park?  They show violent messed up crap all the time, yet would we call them insane? 

I can't answer for the person that posted that picture, as i can only speak for myself.  And in my own opinion, I wouldn't post something like that to begin with because for starters...I don't trust fb at all.  And after doing research on that site before, I know anything you post up on there can come back to bite you in the proverbial a** one way or the other; hence I'm very selective about what i put on there anyway.  And most of all, I wouldn't do something like that because I personally think anyone who does that shit to a poor animal is beyond sick. 

They're just horrible.  Even if the photo is fake, it's still a very bad joke on the poster's part .

It is true that many are a product of their environment but most know they are doing wrong.  When they are tried in court, they deny it.  Why not say he murdered because he thinks minorities are inferior? Some bring up the defence that because they were raped as a child then it must be understandable that they rape children as adults.  Well first of all, they should know what suffering he puts children through if he experienced it himself.  I know things are not black and white but if someone denies a crime they know they are guilty of then they are not showing remorse.  That is evil.  Many people get raped as children but they don't go on to rape.

This psychopath happens to be a relative.  My psychiatrist diagnosed him as such when he spoke to him about this psycho.  This person is very cruel and evil.  He definitely shows the signs of being one according to what psychiatrists deem to be a psychopath.   

Fair enough.

I most certainly did not mean they must get off scot free! They need to be locked up in a mental institution.  Perhaps for life even.  Then they must be treated there.  In law, those people are not guilty of the crimes they do if they don't know the difference between right and wrong.  They don't get convicted but are sent to a psychiatric hospital. 

It's real, I'm afraid.  I heard that those culprits got prosecuted for it.  Even if it was, that twisted sense of human indicates an evil mind. 

McFarlane is not insane.  He is a Satanist.  His disgusting show, "Family Guy" is all about hatred for Christianity and has occult symbolism in it.  He even depicts the Boston bombing in an episode before it even happened!

1. EncephaloiDead profile image53
                  EncephaloiDeadposted 9 years agoin reply to this

lol So, McFarlane is an evil Satanist because he cracks a joke now and again about religion?

I suppose that would make all atheists evil Satanists.

1. Prodio profile image62
                    Prodioposted 9 years agoin reply to this

Nope - they are just too troubled with ideas like 'bacteria become human beings', gotcha again! lol

Most in the entertainment industry are Satanists.  Of course he says he is an atheist.  He can't very well say he is a Satanist.  And I notice you left out the part where there is occult symbolism.

2. Zelkiiro profile image87
                  Zelkiiroposted 9 years agoin reply to this

He is many things, but...no. Just go home. You clearly don't have the capacity to use logic or reason.

Actually, it's just a sitcom about a New England family who get into increasingly-ridiculous situations (e.g. fighting giant chickens, time traveling, fighting off Mel Gibson on the top of Mount Rushmore, etc.) The fact that you take such a ludicrous show seriously further proves that neither logic nor reason are possible for you. Also, occult symbolism? Well, the show does make fun of everyone and anyone, so I wouldn't put it past him to make fun of voodoo practitioners.

I would ask for a source, but then I realized he also depicts Islamic Alarm Clocks blowing up the main character's house and fights with the giant chicken bringing down planes and buses, so you're probably confusing a "prophetic event" with another throwaway gag. Logic and reason are your friends. Get acquainted with them.

What I'm referring to is not what direct mockery.  It was a subtle insert.  It's called hidden in plain sight. 

http://s1.hubimg.com/u/9020194_f248.jpg

The eye in the pyramid is the most significant symbol in Satanism and Freemasonry.  It represents the eye of Lucifer. 

People also hide their Satanism by blatantly making fun of it so they can safely expose it to others without detection. 

So Seth got all pissed off when people insinuated that his series referred to the Boston Bombing.  He said it was abhorrent.  Rich coming from him since his whole show is abhorrent.  Typical Satanist.  Deny everything when busted. 

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2013/04/1 … 94958.html

He claimed there was splicing involved but they were two scenes from the same episode.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7WQeqE943Uo

It is typical for programs to put future events in their programs.  It happens even in cartoons:

http://s1.hubimg.com/u/9020224_f248.jpg

Look at the poster on the top right that says, "Coming soon." This was made in April 2001.

Finally we have something from Nike that existed prior to the Boston bombing massacre:

http://s2.hubimg.com/u/9020217_f248.jpg

Of course that was yanked off the market after the bombing.  Look at these things collectively and you will see my point of view.  Look at all the material I have given you.

10. Jonathan Janco profile image61
      Jonathan Jancoposted 9 years agoin reply to this

You can call it Satan, if you really want to. Nonreligious people may say its mental illness. Hindus would say his ojas are fading because of a degenerated root chakra. Buddhists and Shintos may say that he does these things because he has a poisoned soul. Jews might say God is punishing him and Muslims might say he succumbed to a djinn or demon. So, you can call it Satan if you want to, but in my opinion all of these formats I've just described essentially say the same thing.

Very good point.  I guess one would only understand what I am claiming if they have experienced the presence of Satan themselves and know it's him.

2. profile image0
    Emile Rposted 10 years ago

It is shocking and sick. There are, sadly, more plausible explanations for the behavior than to think an unseen entity egged him on.

What plausible explanations?

1. profile image0

I don't know. Some people do like 'in your face'behavior. They like to shock. They like to one up other behavior patterns with a similar bent. The internet gives all of them face time with the rest of us. There's a certain amount of anonymity associated with the internet which allows some semblance of separation from actions and consequences. If that person saw this thread I would think they would be pleased to be talked about in this manner. This doesn't, imo, make them satanic. It simply makes them needy.

You don't know but it can't be Satan, right? There was no anonymity.  There faces were clear as day.  There were no aliases. 

I find it horrific that you can just say these people are needy.   I suppose people who rape babies are also needy.  In fact, why fill jails with needy people?  Just face up to it.  There is a monster called Satan which people tap into.

1. profile image0

That's quite a leap you've made in what you think i find acceptable. Having a need doesn't prohibit incarceration, or the death penalty for acts. I simply find Satan a cop out. You are the one attempting to transfer blame, not me.

Don't blame me if you infer that beheading a cat is due to someone being needy.  Mental illness, drugs, etc, are also cop outs.  When one is influenced by Satan, it does not mean they are blameless.  It is their own doing to be influenced by the devil. They didn't have to act upon it.

1. profile image0

Sure, Claire. An invisible entity whispering into someone's ear, goading them into heinous behavior makes perfect sense. I suppose you have a good jinn on your other shoulder, too.

Calling me people needy when they behead cats makes a lot of sense, too, right?

1. profile image0

Well, everyone has unfulfilled needs. With some, they need psychological help. Beheading cats is not the only symptom of a person in need of psychological help. Telling them they are children of Satan may make sense to you. To me, that simply exacerbates an existing problem within both mind sets.

The problem I see is that this belief in Satan allows some to create a barrier. Allowing them to cease to care for the individual. 'He's controlled by Satan' means that you hate him. Sure, you say it's just Satan you fight. You claim to love the individual, you only hate the act....but hate is what appears to motivate your words so you project hate with those words. Why would you expect anything other than hate in response?

Belief in cosmic evil is indicative of a problem in dealing with society. It is an escape mechanism. It is a cop out. It is turning your back on others. It is saying the God you claim to believe in is less powerful than the Satan you claim to believe in.

3. FatFreddysCat profile image94
    FatFreddysCatposted 10 years ago

Humanity is a belligerent species that's seemingly intent on bringing about its own self destruction as quickly as possible.

If you want to blame "Satan" for that, then so be it. I don't think we need any help from a mythical figure with horns and a tail. We're doing just fine all by ourselves.

Eventually the Earth will just shake us off like a dog with a bad case of fleas.

No one must ever blame Satan for their own actions.  WE are responsible for what we do.  That doesn't mean there is a supreme author of evil, though.

1. Oztinato profile image76
        Oztinatoposted 10 years agoin reply to this

Claire
        I am trying very hard to understand you!
        First; you say that Satan controls people, but then you say WE are responsible for what we do.
        Second; you have no empathy for mentally ill people but you say you are a Christian.
        Thirdly; you say you love animals but then you say they have no higher emotions (I can think of many ways animals display positive feelings eg. many primates stop bullying when they see it)
        Fourth; you have a habit of strong contradiction on ethical matters that seem to pay lip service to being Christian to lure Christians.
        Finally; as you say you are into "conspiracy theories" I am sure you won't mind my comments.
        What are your thoughts on this?

It is people out of their own free will that allows Satan to control them.  They are responsible for letting him do that in the first place.  Satan cannot control people with their "consent".

Why would I have no sympathy for mentally ill people? You need to quote me.  I haven't visited this thread in a while.  What I do take exception to is that all evil seems to be blamed on mental illness.  That is not true.  Some just are love evil because they follow Satan.

Yes, animals show compassion, etc, but we cannot say they are level in our ethical matters.  You can't just say, "Well, animals murder so then we can, too, because we are just animals themselves."
          Animals do what instinct tells them to do.  We must rise above that if instinct harms others.

What is the strong contradiction of ethical matters? Please remind me.

1. profile image0

Many other animals actually think and learn.

Yes, they do but they are not equal to us in ability to think.  If not, then no human should be held accountable for their acts if animals aren't?  Why can they murder, like gorillas, but not us?

1. profile image0

Actually there are some who are working on just that. Attempting to label certain other animals human so as to make killing them like killing humans.

At what point do we say that some of us are not human? An IQ of 60? 50 or 40? There are some animals that are smarter than our least intelligent.

I think it is pretty clear that an animal could never be prosecuted for a crime because they do not have the exact moral code and culpability as humans do.  Killing in their instance is instinct.  For us it is not.  It is not possible to put animals and humans on the same par.  Really, do you believe that you can think like a dog all the time? Or could you reason better?

A person who has a low IQ is not an animal and never will be.

1. profile image0

I did not say nor mean to say that they would put the animals on trial. People are attempting to put people on trial for murder if they kill certain self aware animals as if the animals were human.

The point is there are some of us that are less intelligent than some other animals. How do we treat those other animals?

2. A Troubled Man profile image59
                    A Troubled Manposted 10 years agoin reply to this

All people are animals. This fact is not based on their intellectual capabilities, but instead on their biological properties.

3. wilderness profile image95

"Killing in their instance is instinct.  For us it is not"

Who are you trying to fool?  Of COURSE killing is instinctual to man; no animal that evolved as an omnivore (what we are) or carnivore (pure meat eater) could fail to have an instinct to kill.  It's how we eat.

2. Oztinato profile image76

You SEEM to keep changing your mind about your statements and beliefs and/or exhibit two separate mind sets.. Read them back regarding your apparent distaste for the mentally ill. Quote:"And you have personally evaluated these individuals? Why do psychos not do good things?"
            You sound really off beat for a Christian view point. I have rarely seen such a lack of compassion for the mentally ill in even an atheist.
            And another quote:
            "Melissa, as a Christian you ought to know this behavior is motivated by Satan, mentally ill or not.  Why does nobody do good things when they are mentally ill? Why is it always destructive and bad? It's a cop out to merely label someone mentally ill when they do things evil.  Mental illness on its own could never spawn something so evil."
            An objective look at this does not reveal a Christian attitude at work but something strangely contradictory.
            Here's another one of your own quotes:
            "There is a huge problem in the Christian Church.  They do not emphasize the seriousness of the devil.  They sugarcoat Christianity.  Satan is not that bad..."
            This sounds precisely like somebody who is not a Christian and is stereotyping the entire "Christian Church" just like an atheist might.
            Do you want me to continue? Can you explain these persistent contradictions and anomalies of philosophy?

Do you know what a psychopath is? They do not care about the feelings of other people.  They will hurt others to get what they want. 

"Most mental health professionals define a psychopath as a predator who takes advantage of others using charm, deceit, violence and other methods to get what they want"

The point I'm trying to make is that there are people who think that if someone is doing evil then it must be due to mental illness.  That is very insulting .  I say mental illness just on its own could not spawn such evil.  But when a someone does a good deed then no one would equate it with being psychotic.  So mentally ill people are always deemed to be the scapegoat of all that is evil.  There are some people who are born with the tendency to be psychopaths.  That does not mean they have the right to exercise the characteristics of it.  Half of it is nurture and half is nature.  With discipline and guidance, they can turn out decent.  I know of a psycho personally and he is a monster.  He wasn't always like this but his situations in life spawned his psychosis.

To say all people who do evil must be mentally ill is rather insulting, don't you think? To automatically assume that a mental person was responsible for the beheading of a cat is rather lacking in compassion, right? I have a mental illness myself.  I have clinical depression.

I say Christian Church collectively as in the Christian religion.  Why does the church not teach us about our world leaders being devil worshipers? How the Vatican is Satanic? How Satan attacks the Christian person to the point one can get suicidal thoughts? These issues are not addressed.  I say this because when I mention these things, some Christians think I'm nuts.  Why? Because they have not been taught these things in Church.

Continue if you like.

I note you haven't responded to the specific examples I have cut and pasted of your own inconsistencies.
                You are talking about Chrisitans as if you are not one of them but you claim to be a Christain.

Come again, I'm not sure what I have not addressed.  Please refresh my memory.

Christians can have opposing views but that doesn't mean they aren't all Christians.  I strongly disagree with much of fundamentalist Christians believe but that doesn't make me a non-Christian.

Its all here in black and white for you to read. You are clumsily avoiding answering and showing hypocrisy.
                    You clearly say that "Christians" (ie all Christians) don't give enough credence to Satan. Now you say some Christians to cover your tracks.
                    You say mentally ill people are influenced by Satan yet you claim you too are mentally ill (clinical depression) but wont answer if you believe you too are allegedly influenced by Satan.
                    You put forward controversial propositions you don't believe in for the sake of argument which technically means you are a self admitted "concern troll".
                    Finally you don't answer to any points in the debate directly but continue to plead ignorance even after clarification has been given.

2. Oztinato profile image76

If a person like yourself puts a proposition that is not thier own they could be classed as a "concern troll".ie. an unethical practice.
                How can you be a Christian but think negatively of  Christians? Or Jews for that matter.

How am I speaking negatively about Jews concerning this thread? Why should all Christians agree with one another? That's silly.  We can't all agree.  If I don't agree with some Christians they call me unsaved only because they cannot explain what they specifically believe in is illogical and incompatible with Christianity.  A lot of the OT is incompatible for Christian.  How can a Christian believe that Moses was a prophet for God when he wanted the death of women and children and said the spoils of war is rape of a virgin? I think negatively of a Christian when they believe it is true.  But they only believe that because they are too scared to question the Bible.  As I said, in return other Christians think negatively of me.

Once again you have failed to respond to the obvious point that a person who puts forward controversial opinions not "their own" for the sake of argument are 'concern trolls". These unethical types of argument are not acceptable or logical argumenst.
                    You clearly label in your profile that you put forward "conspiracy theories" but have instead occasionally put forward "concern troll" theories allegedly under the guise of some kind of conspiracy theory.
                    I am prepared to accept that you are mentally ill and you have self admitted that; however you also claim that mentally ill people are incapable of "doing anything good". Do you see your own contradiction here? ie. You are mentally ill, but you don't like mentally ill people as they do not do anything good and are influenced by Satan.
                    As for the "Jews"; all your religious threads directly and indirectly have a vein of antisemitism in them. How can a Christian be anti-Semitic?

4. sallieannluvslife profile image78
    sallieannluvslifeposted 10 years ago

...to clarify that evil is truly present in this world....what a sicko...

5. word55 profile image70
    word55posted 10 years ago

If you believe in the Bible, it says, Satan is like a roaring lion, moving about, and seeking whom he may devour. He comes to destroy, steal and kill. Satan at times gets in us because we allow his wickedness and makes us do terrible and sinful things. We must cast him out by prayer and scripture like Jesus occasionally did. In order for us to avoid satanic conduct we must believe, follow and become like Jesus otherwise, we’ll all become victims or victimizers. Read the Bible more: Satan was once in heaven but he was cast out with his angels and came down here to earth just to challenge God and destroy God's people and creation. That's why there is so much evil going on. Wake up everybody! This was meant to be a Holy World Nation… Thank you Claire for raising the issue. Be blessed!

1. WiccanSage profile image91
      WiccanSageposted 10 years agoin reply to this

If you read the original Hebrew scriptures of Judaism, Satan isn't even a fallen angel or a devil at all (never was).

Different versions of the Bible are not consistent on Satan.

1. Disappearinghead profile image59
        Disappearingheadposted 10 years agoin reply to this

So true but impossible to successfully get an evangelical Christian to check it out for themselves.

Blasphemy! wink

6. Hendrika profile image69
    Hendrikaposted 10 years ago

Just to add my bit. I really do not think all bad behaviour can be attributed to mental illness, it often goes together I do not deny that and has had some experience with that. On the other hand I do believe satan and his angels are behind a lot of evil. I actually believe that it sometimes is the evil that results in mental illness.

7. FatFreddysCat profile image94
    FatFreddysCatposted 10 years ago

Is this thread STILL going? Good grief.

1. A Troubled Man profile image59

Yes, and with no evidence of Satan, yet. smile

1. janesix profile image59
        janesixposted 10 years agoin reply to this

How do you explain Miley Cyrus?

1. profile image0
          Motown2Chitownposted 10 years agoin reply to this

She's just evidence of poor parenting. wink

2. A Troubled Man profile image59

Billy's biggest mistake?

1. janesix profile image59
            janesixposted 10 years agoin reply to this

The one that got away....

2. AshtonFirefly profile image68
            AshtonFireflyposted 9 years agoin reply to this

bahahah!

8. Marie Meyers profile image61
    Marie Meyersposted 9 years ago

That's right. The definition of Satan is "Adversary". In the Hebrew texts, God often used his "accusers" to test mankind.

9. profile image53
    Suzanna Andersonposted 9 years ago

yes there is such a thing as Satan, God is more powerful than the devil will ever be, yes i believe in God and i have God's seed of love in me, not everyone is of God.

That's odd, why would God keep Satan around? Why doesn't God just get rid of Satan if He is so much more powerful? God has no problem flooding the Earth, killing millions of innocent people.

1. profile image53
        Suzanna Andersonposted 9 years agoin reply to this

God is trying to, the only way i can put it is i have a narcissistic non mother, she has no empathy, not capable of ever thinking of anyone apart for herself, she is a liar and it's her word against mine, how powerful is she, very clever and  very powerful, but she picks up on other people's sayings, that's one tactic she uses not to be exposed, that's the devil, God is always with me.God bless.

If God is so powerful, why is he taking so long? What exactly is the problem?

No, that's just a person who has a mental disorder.

10. Zelkiiro profile image87
    Zelkiiroposted 9 years ago

Claire, you do know that huffing paint is bad for you, right? Because, based on the lunacy you keep spouting, I'm starting to worry that you don't know huffing paint is harmful.

sad Lol.

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
Necessary
HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
Features
Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
Marketing
Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
Statistics
Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)