Ms. Clinton visits India

Jump to Last Post 1-33 of 33 discussions (133 posts)
  1. JYOTI KOTHARI profile image62
    JYOTI KOTHARIposted 14 years ago

Ms. Clinton visits India. It is underlining importance of India to US. She told that the US considers India as mega power.
    Indian economy is booming and she urged to fight recession together with the US.

I have repeatedly suggested in my hubs (e.g. Can India bail out America and rest of the world, part 1, 2 and 3) that India is becoming a super power in economy and can bail out America.

India needs the US but US needs help of India more.

Visit of Ms. Clinton to India has opened the door for the same.

Thanks,
    Jyoti Kothari

1. profile image0
      James Agbogunposted 14 years agoin reply to this

On the issue of economy improvement, you are right. But on the aspect of helping the US, you are very wrong. I think you should talk about the "Untouchables"

2. JYOTI KOTHARI profile image62

Please view this news for more info.

http://lrd.yahooapis.com/_ylc=X3oDMTVnb … 126230.htm

Thanks,
    Jyoti Kothari

3. Mark Knowles profile image59
    Mark Knowlesposted 14 years ago

Quite right - what they need is cheap slave labor - it is the only way. What are you going to do when your workers want to eat and have health care though?

Still a lot of lepers in India?

JYOTI KOTHARIposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Indians are not slaves. They are skilled workforces. They are the most educated and skilled. Even silicon valley can not run without Indian soft engineers and IT professionals.

Indians have lot of savings and investing them into booming Indian stock markets.

Indian entrepreneurs are continually venturing. They have opened hundreds of offices in the US where large number of Americans are getting their jobs.

The US can not afford to ignore India!! This is the cache.

1. earnestshub profile image80
        earnestshubposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Jyoti, do you think the governments will be able to help the low paid workers and still overcome the protectionist policies both ways? If they could that would be downright exciting. I would very much like to see the very poor get some trickle-down in India.....the super poor need help now.

Earnest,
          Yes, Indian government can do that. They have enhanced salaries of low paid workers by approximately 60 percent and that for medium and high paid workers by 20 to 40 percent by implementing recommendations of 6th pay commission. India is providing a lot to the poor by means of cheap food grain, free health care and extremely cheap railway tickets. They are getting their life insurance in just 25% premium. Poor people are also improving their financial conditions at a great pace since last 20- 25 years.
          India is the least sufferer of this global recession.

Thanks,
          Jyoti Kothari

2. Ron Montgomery profile image59
      Ron Montgomeryposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Subtle

1. VENUGOPAL SIVAGNA profile image60
        VENUGOPAL SIVAGNAposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Mark Knowles always sees the black spot in the full moon.
        If anyone contradicts him he has bagful or words to reply.
        He will not come to the subject.
        Are there no lepers in his country UK or his present country USA? Even if they are there, what shall we do? We have to keep them in homes for life. We are doing this.

4. Make  Money profile image67
    Make Moneyposted 14 years ago

Bangalore has failed to impress Obama! Buffalos have succeeded in that effort!

It is not dud, brother. American economy is in a dilemma. If Obama says yes to outsourcing, he will lose popularity. If he says no, American economy will ruin. Other countries will take the benefit and the US will face problem in international market. America can not move without support of India and Indians.

Thanks for posting Venu.
        Jyoti Kothari

5. LondonGirl profile image81
    LondonGirlposted 14 years ago

India's an amazing country, I agree.

6. JYOTI KOTHARI profile image62

Londongirl,
    Thanks for compliments to India. India deserves it. India has emerged with its full potential after centuries of colonial rule. It was known as teacher of the universe and will soon regain the seat.
    Amazing growth of India has compelled the US to think about India. It is to be remembered that china's growth was dependent on the US. The US has given them status of most favored nation whereas Bush administration imposed sanctions against India. India has grown instead of that and the US has to withdraw sanctions.
    Thanks,
    Jyoti Kothari

7. earnestshub profile image80
    earnestshubposted 14 years ago

This is exciting information Jyoti! Thank you for such a complete reply... Go India!

8. Mighty Mom profile image77
    Mighty Momposted 14 years ago

It would be incredible if India helped the US. We need it.

That will be very good for America. In Australia we have a huge number of Indian youngsters studying at our major Universities.(There has been some bad press here about students Indian students being attacked.) Truthfully it happened in our biggest Cities and represented a tiny minority, but still disturbing.
      Australia and India are also progressing with more co-operation and I expect we will help each other out of the current financial problems. Australia is doing pretty well too, and is a large economy.

Incredible India! India is a possible solution to global recession. May refer to hubs "can India bail out America and rest of the world....."

Some salient features:
        1. No major bank failed in India during this time of recession.
        2. Indian stock market is doing well.
        3. Industries are surviving their own. No stimulus package by   the Government.
        4. Substantial hike in salary in Government and some private sectors.
        5. Growth in many Industrial and service sectors.
        6. Growth in automobile sector.
        7. Growth in education sector.
        8. Overall growth rate over 7 percent.
        ........... and many more.

I can not understand why Australian youths are attacking Indians. After all these Indian students are major source of revenue for Australian Government and private sector. Co-operation between these two countries solicited.
        Thanks,

Jyoti Kothari

There is a tiny minority of disassociated youth that have made the attacks. Our Governments are talking about it in India as we write. It is still very safe here for Indian students and the police will mop this up soon.The students are very welcome for the income they provide to our education system, and Australians generally love the Indian people anyway, so for those who have seen all the press, please know this is a couple of isolated events and Australia is generally very safe for your children.

Thanks Earnest,
            I believe that these are isolated incidents. Most of the Australians are like you who like Indians and are friendly with them. I hope the situation will be changed soon.

Just off topic... former Indian skipper and legendary opener (Cricket) Sunil Manohar Gavaskar married an Australian girl Marsenil. Sunil Manohar Gavaskar has celebrated his 60 last week.

Jyoti Kothari

9. JYOTI KOTHARI profile image62

I am quoting here results of polls in two hubs that is again supporting the idea of growing India.

1. Who is the greatest businessman of our era?
    •    63% Dhirubhai Ambani
    •    11% Aditya Birla
    •    10% Ratan Tata
    •    9% Bil Gates
    •    6% Warren Buffet
    •    2% L. N. Mittal

123 people have voted in this poll. First three are the Indians, that itself tells the story.

When will India come to third position in world GDP (PPP)
    •    41% 2010
    •    25% 2015
    •    25% 2020
    •    7% never
    •    2% Can not say
    59 people have voted in this poll. India is the fourth largest economy in the world at present and 41% believe that it will raise to number 3 by the next year. Only seven percent do not support the idea.
    Data: 27, July 2009

Thanks,
    Jyoti Kothari

10. earnestshub profile image80

This is great news for many. I see America is still pumping China as their financial savior, but I do know that China will internalize it's economy first with more infrastructure. This is more advantageous to Australia and Brazil who supply much of the raw products of metal.
    I feel America should start speaking more about India as India is a stable country with a similar legal and business structure to America, England and Australia at least.

Dear Earnest,
      China has never saved anyone. I have suggested in my hubs that it is one of the blonder committed by the US to give China status of MFN. This single step has done enough to ruin American manufacturing industries thus the economy.

America imposed sanction upon India and then has to revoke it. America supported Pakistan and its military dictator General Musharraf against India for a very long time. The US is not yet supporting India for a permanent seat in the UNO. Most of the other nations including Russia, France and UK has already supported. The US was not friendly to India but now situation has turned.
      It is in the best interest of the US to be friendly with India.
      Thanks,
      Jyoti Kothari

India need not worry about US not being friendly with India. With just less than one third of population, Americans think they are the global police.  Even if we try to be friendly with them, the fruits will go to them and not India. India asking for UN SC seat is not good.  Why should we worry about the UNSC?  India has ignored its resolution in 1971 and went on to create Bangla Desh? They had to keep quiet till the war with Pakistan ended on 17-12-1971.  Did not China keep out of the whole UNO from 1945 to 1975?  Like that, we, Indians should have some self-respect and avoid begging for UNSC seat.  It is not our whole life. India has more critical things to bother about. India is surrounded by anti-Indian countries because of our foreign policy. It is enough if every Indian understands that the destiny of the whole world lies in India and not elsewhere.

Legitimate rights can be expected from legitimate countries only. How many countries are legitimate now? Even miniscule countries like Fiji and Barbados votes against India in UNO in a crisis. How can we expect this favour from such worthless counties?  We Indians have to ascert our rights.

Hitler once said "the country we now live was not bestowed upon us from heaven. But our forefathers had to win it by the power of the triumphant sword."  This applies to our country.

Freedom was not the result of Gandhian sathyagraha...
            First, the 2nd WW. UK had to pay a huge debt to USA towards cost of war. By giving freedom, they withdrew several assets including gold and silver coins from India. Many resources were sucked out. UK settled its debts to USA by giving freedom to India.
            Another important aspect was the strike by naval personnel in Mumbai, in 1946, which threatened the maritime superiority of the UK. The army people joined with navy by refusing to fire at them. The UK govt. could do nothing in that case. If they did not leave by Aug.15, 1947, they would have been driven out before that year ended.

Like this, instead of "expecting UNSC seat", India should quit the UNO and establish an identical world body, which can give equal status for all countries., except USA.

Hi Venu,
              Nice post.
              Jyoti Kothari

11. earnestshub profile image80

Well I hope America can join with India sensibly to end the world financial crisis, and hopefully produce a more equitable world economy.

12. CEN7777 profile image61
    CEN7777posted 14 years ago

Yes friend I agree with you that India need us and us also needs India. Still I can say that us is just showing importance of india and actauly prefering pakistan over india.Pak is more favoured by Us than India. As per my knowledge us has taken advantage of India but didi not given much benifit to India. Thus i can say Us needs India and they using Indian for their interest.

Well my friend, that will not take them far with India!
      Is Obama's Government more malleable?

1. CEN7777 profile image61
        CEN7777posted 14 years agoin reply to this

Thanks friend lets hope for the best.

And thank you. I am a long way from India, but have many friends from there.

Hi earnest,
            And I am one of them. Thanks,
            Jyoti Kothari

Thank you Jyoti! I am proud to be your friend!

If Obama can change attitude of America towards India it will benefit the US more.
          Thanks,
          Jyoti Kothari

13. VENUGOPAL SIVAGNA profile image60
    VENUGOPAL SIVAGNAposted 14 years ago

All hopes of USA and other western countries about revival of their economy from the present recession are going to be daydreams. The main reason for the present recession may be, I think, is due to the loss of their markets overseas. India and China, the main markets are producing everything and they wont turn to west to buy their products in the near future. The only market they can expect may be arms markets, which will flourish for ever. That too, if India and China decide to produce them locally, the whole west can never revive their economy. So, they must learn not to act as masters. Some unacceptable policies have to be thrown out by them. Applying per-capita-income to describe India as poor and denying "per-capita"  in world forums like UNO, G-8 and some funny things are unworthy of consideration. They should come to the ground and realise the ground situation in the world. Denying they elephant of its rights in a jungle will not go for long.

14. earnestshub profile image80

America must embrace India, As Jyoti has pointed out on numerous occasions, India has the wherewithal to turn the world economy around for the western nations.America will ignore India at it's own peril.

15. VENUGOPAL SIVAGNA profile image60

The days of American pride are gone forever!  They need not embrace India, which is 3 times bigger than America. At least a thousand times, India was ignored by the ignorant America, most recently in Italy in the so-called G-8 summit. So, India should begin to ignore those who ignored us. If India ascerts its power, its ancient glory will come back.... And the sun will swallow the stars!

I do hope America has a change of heart under Obama. It is a lot to ask of one man to change the direction of a nation, but it must happen, and soon.
      India will fall too, if a war breaks out. India still has to spend a lot of money on making the country better for it's poor, just as America does and a co operative  approach is better for all the world. America is smaller than India, but is still a huge economy.

America has a huge economy but falling. Its greatest advantage is that America has one fourth population of India but area three times of India. America has huge lands. Almost 12 times per capita land than India.

Possession of large area of lands will not enhance the pride of America, as those lands do not belong to them historically. They are exploiting the lands, which must one day be restored to the red Indians or native Indians. Just take Japan, which has no land to cultivate or build homes. Do they feel depressed for that? Their madness to restore their pride only counts.

America does have a large economy... by the standards fixed by Americans themselves. The exchange rate of Rupee vs. dollar is 1:50.  In such a case, how can we become larger economically. What made them fix that exchange rate?  In a sense, India is 50 times larger economically than what it is counted for.  In some cases, America takes monetary value to evaluate a country. In some cases, they take land area. In some cases, they take population. Whichever suits their taste, and make them look like a dominant power, they are using that criterion to evaluate other countries.

Dear Venu,
            You are right. America is taking undue advantage and setting world order to their convenience. However, they could do it because of economic and military supremacy.

The recession has broken their economic supremacy and a new world order is obvious. American currency has started falling against many other currencies. It is also losing its share as reserve currency.

I will not be surprised if Dollar rupee ratio will go down to 1:15 instead of 1:50 in few years.

India will come up up and up!!!!!

Thanks,
            Jyoti Kothari

America is certainly not a military super power. After the 2nd world war, it has not won even a street-corner fighting. Even in WW2, it had not gone alone. It always gather a handful of subservient countries and send them first to the battle front. After their death and after the enemy becomes tired, Americans pounce on them and show that they won the battle.
              During that WW2, India was under the British and the British victory is  due to Indian soldiers only. As we became independent 4 years after the formation of UNO, we were left out from the UNSC. But the seat in UNSC held by Britain should really come to India and the British are not justified to hold that seat.                 
              If and when another great war comes, India will certainly be the leader of the world. Most of the wars in human history were fought in and around India and by Indians. Indians have a good experience in military warfare.  India has a large ocean in its name which no country can boast of. India has the only camel regiment in the world. And India has the strongest mountain war apparatus in the world, from whom Americans came and took training some years ago.

1. Ron Montgomery profile image59

Do not mock America's superpower status.  Your camels will be no match for the deadly Obama microbes which will be unleashed on you after our "white problem" has been eliminated. http://hubpages.com/forum/topic/19277?page=4

1. tksensei profile image59
                  tksenseiposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Yeah, you know, that was really cute and clever the first 1000 times you said it but now you are just spamming. Let it go.

Awwwww poor doggie.  Him's confused.

2. VENUGOPAL SIVAGNA profile image60

Just because wearing a hat, does it mean the hat is expected to fight? Camels are used in deceptive desert lands for carrying cargo to battle front. It is just an ornamental thing for our army. I had to refer it because, we keep respecting old things while modernising ourselves. From lunar expedition to nuclear submarines, from missile defence to missile launch..

America's super-power status will be respected only when it respects the new super/superior powers. America keeps on saying old things for the last 65 years that they are super powers. If and when it respects the capability of India, it will be justified in calling itself a power, if not super power.  It will be a  superpower, only when it single-handedly wages a war and wins it. So far, for the last several decades, no victory... why?  How to call it super power?

But I dont like the fall of America! Let it live with the same old majesty.. But let it learn to respect others.. and let it shed its treacherous treatment of India.  It continues to aid Pakistan with billions, which directly goes to the hands of terrorists.. whose aim is to enforce Islamic law in the subcontinent...  then what is the meaning of fighting terrorism? Whose money is being pumped into Pakistan's treasury? It is all American people's money. At a recession time, it is suicidal.

Dear Venu,
                    You are right they have shown their Military supremacy only in Hiroshima and Nagasaki by blowing a nuclear bomb. The world is still afraid of that.
                    However, they could not win Vietnam war and Cuba is still showing thumbs to America.
                    America is now started learning to respect other countries and that is good in their part.
                    Thanks,
                    Jyoti Kothari

16. earnestshub profile image80

Jyoti we are hearing about India's success more each week in Australia through our government radio stations, it seems that some small recognition is coming India's way.

17. JYOTI KOTHARI profile image62

I do not think that they will go Sati-way with Pakistan. After all they know how safeguard their own interest.

Jyoti Kothari

Don't mock the military might of the USA.  They have a long history of doing bad things to Indians.

18. tksensei profile image59
    tksenseiposted 14 years ago

So anyone who allies with Pakistan is "not respecting" India? Really?

Every Indian will be happy if Pakistan behaves properly. The core issue for which it was created by Britain, aided by Md.Ali Jinnah was to trouble India and divide people on religious lines. They have invited and harbour thousands of dummy terrorists, ready to strike at innocent civilians. When they see an Indian soldier, they gallop at full speed to take shelter in caves and huts. Their only targets are innocent civilians. How long can India suffer this? How many civilians should India lose? America knows all these things. But for strange reasons, they support, aid and arm Pakistan. So, when a thief is aided by someone, we can call them also like that.
      Better it is taken over by India before much damage is done.

Well, good luck with that.   roll

19. tksensei profile image59

Would you want to? I don't think that would be a real good idea.

Always, the end justifies the means.  If and when India annexes Pakistan, there would not be a single terrorist left. The only place where all terrorists find safe houses is Pakistan. If an answer is found for that, the whole world can see peaceful coexistence. But it is not known which thing forces America to safeguard Pakistan. As long as America aids and arm Pakistan, they can never see peace in their own country. It is like feeding snake with milk.

LOL! Yeah right. There are terrorists IN India, what makes you think ALL of them could be cleared out of Patkistan in such a fantasy?

There are terrorists in India with ideological bases from bordering countries.... Pakistan and China. If the existence of Pakistan is at risk, how can the Indian based pro-Pakistan terrorists operate?

In China's case, the Indian people themselves take up terrorism based on Chinese ideology. For that, the Indian Govt. should expedite development of tribal areas. Nepal, purely Hindu kingdom, has taken Maoist ideologies. Because the previous King of Nepal did nothing for the development of his people, himself living in a posh-palace. Before that happens in India, I think Indian Govt. will wake up.

2. Ron Montgomery profile image59

The end justifies the means?  You've come a long way from Gandhi haven't you?

Yes. We all have come a long way from Gandhi. I very much inherit the Gandhian ideology... I was born in the year of his death (1948). In Gandhi's case also, end justified means. He taught sathyagraha, nonviolence, etc.  But in a country which was burning because of religious hatred, the immediate necessity was putting out the fire and punishing the miscreants. If his words were taken sincerely, more Hindus and Sikhs would have been killed by Muslims. He even requested Jinnah (Pakistan) to take over as Prime Minister of United India and avoid partition. He even advised Indian Govt. not to send troops to Kashmir to prevent advancing Muslim fighters. Unable to bear his untimely preachings, some hardline Hindu groups planned and killed him. But killings in anyway cannot be forgiven. The killer was later hanged.

That is gandhi? I had a much different perspective from the west, but I thought he was highly regarded apart from the usual extremists.

Your Gandhian perspective need not be changed. He treated all Hindus and Muslims as brothers and sisters. But the criminally motivated muslims never budged to his advises and requests. What should a normal man do with a senseless terror-creating group? Gandhi did not expect that his words will be rejected and kept on preaching non-violence. That brought his end. But throughout his life, he was an ideal leader. If his words are taken by the present world, there will be no fighting, bloodshed, no need for n-bombs even for Amereica...
              In a sense, all of us are born to die one-day.  Why so much controversies in between?

Albert Einstein saw Gandhi as saviour of the world.
                Jyoti Kothari

Gandhi was old enough unable to act when he preached non-violence. Even at the South African railway station, there was no one to help him and so he did not resist the white hooligans.  He would have turned violent if and when his family members were subjected to terrorism. (The present terrorists choose family members to subjugate a person.)
                  Gandhi can be called saviour of the world.. but he was ready to place all the Hindus in India at the mercy of muslims.... ! Saving the world, but not saving the Indians?

Dear Venu,
                    There are various perceptions about Gandhi and yours is one of those.
                    Thanks,
                    Jyoti Kothari

20. tksensei profile image59

Again, not funny.

Trollin'Trollin' Trollin'

Doggie speaks from colon........

Yeah, maybe YOU should stop trolling, it's not getting any funnier.

How would you know Doggie?   The intricacies of parody are much to difficult a concept for the brain of an animal that rolls in its own feces. (and roots for the Patriots)

ZZZZzzzzzzz....

2. nicomp profile image62
            nicompposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Let your microbes do the talkin'

Microbes?

21. VENUGOPAL SIVAGNA profile image60

Thanks to Mr.Jothi Kothari.
    I always tend to be controvertial. Because, I dont like hiding things. Even if we do not highlight the controvertial things, they cannot be erased from history books. But it is the duty of every Indian to highlight the partial treatment meted out to India in world forums.
    When referring to swinefle or other diseases, they say India tops the list. Referring to moneylaundering and foreign bank accounts, they say we are on top.  But the amount of agricultural products and money earned by Indians is 1000 times larger than America. But they divide it by population and find "per capita" income. Why dont they divide the disease by "per capita"?  These are the unanswerable questions to them.

America was mighty for approximately half a century. Always in the history powerful countries manipulated facts in their favor. America did the same thing. But those days has gone. The US is suffering bitterly from economic crisis and overwhelming debt. The truth will come to the world later or sooner. Now they are unable to manipulate the facts in their favor.
      Thanks,
      Jyoti Kothari

The eagerness with which some folks search for a chance to declare the decline of the US reveals a lot about the person making such claims.

Indians are eager to see the revival of USA to its original status. But regret to see it failing.
          The fact that a nation is declining reveals a lot about the country's citizens.

22. profile image0
    ryankettposted 14 years ago

India bail out America? There are tens of millions of people, maybe in hundreds of millions of people, in India who work for about $1 a day.

I think that you need to look after your own before trying to bail out the world.

It is not necessary to count wages in dollars. Indians have to spend in Indian rupees and $ 1 means rupees 50 or so. Moreover no one India has to work for Rs. 50 but the minimum wages is Rs. 100 and that is enough for livelihood of an Indian. Moreover, India is growing at the average rate of seven percent per year. India has the fourth largest GDP in the world in PPP terms and will soon be the third.
      America is under huge debt (Highest in the world) and should not boast of its wealth. It seems ridiculous for an indebted country. India has the fifth highest foreign currency reserve in the planet that is continually growing.
      India, rightly can bail out America and rest of the world from economic crisis.
      You may refer to some of the hubs about the subject.

Thanks,
      Jyoti Kothari

23. tksensei profile image59

How about no bigotry? Or no idiocy?

24. JYOTI KOTHARI profile image62

What all these going on? We are here for serious discussion.
    Please post threads related to the topic only.
    Thanks,
    Jyoti Kothari

25. tksensei profile image59

You have already decided how you want to present yourself. I will respond accordingly, you bigoted fool.

Mr.bigoted fool, what more can I expect from persons like you?

You can expect to be called on your bigoted crap, that's what.

Dear all,
      I request not to attack personally. Please keep the thread clean and a discussion forum for serious issue.
      Thanks,
      Jyoti Kothari

I never enter into uncharitable and filthy discussion. Only after repeated insults, freely allowed by HP, I had to reply.

2. VENUGOPAL SIVAGNA profile image60

Clean threads will be an eyesore to HP. They will not allow such things.

Is it really? I also felt disgusted many times in different threads. However, we should maintain our dignity and stick to valuable posts.
          Jyoti Kothari

We always maintain dignity except only when there is no way out of the ditch. They should be ashamed of their unsavoury attitude.

26. dave272727 profile image59
    dave272727posted 14 years ago

Please keep her there.  She is one of the MANY things that are wrong with the USA.

1. profile image0
      Madame Xposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Amen!

Can not Americans bear women politicians? Or there is something wrong with her?

Thanks,
      Jyoti Kothari

1. profile image0
        Madame Xposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Male or female - any race - it's her politics I don't like.

2. dave272727 profile image59
        dave272727posted 14 years agoin reply to this

Her political stance is not good for the American public.  Oner of her "schemes" was to increase taxes and give those increases to illegal immigrants.  I am all for helping the poor, but I am not for supporting people that sneak into my country and then demand handouts.

Are not the present days' Americans immoral immigrants to America? Are not they stripped of the original Americans from their genuine rights on the land?

27. zadrobi profile image60
    zadrobiposted 14 years ago

Well I was going to post about Hillary, but it looks like the conversation has drifted to, if I'm not mistaken, Native Americans? hahaha

Surely you can post about Hillary. However why people do not think of native Americans?

28. VENUGOPAL SIVAGNA profile image60

Hitler once said: The possession of a land is the proof of the strength of the conqueror and weakness of those who submit to him. And in this strength alone lies the right to possession of that land perpetually.

Native red-Indians were not so strong and those who 'sneaked' into American virgin lands having guns and pistols. So they easily conquered those lands. But it is strange that they talk of "human rights", equality, etc. 

When Iraq annexed Kuwait in 1990, the USA interfered and liberated it. Who will liberate the American lands and hand them over to native Indians?

29. dave272727 profile image59

I cant comment on what happened before I was born.  I wish that things were different, but they are not.  That being said, its time to move on to the present.  What we have/had was a melting pot, of different people from different areas of the globe that all showed up LEGALLY in an attempt to better themselves due to the opportunities in America.  Now we have people that sneak or are transported here illegally trying to do the same thing.  I wish nothing but good fortune and good luck to them.  I am all for helping people, but I wish that they would do it legally.  Instead of our leaders taking from the taxpayers to support and defend the illegal immigrations.  Mrs. Clinton is one of the top people that are doing this.  Her initiatives and plans and yes I used the word schemes are what started this trend with some of our "leaders".  I am not preaching violence, crime, or hatred.  I think that everyone deserves a right to better themselves.  Legally and peacefully.  What happened with the Native Americans is unforgivable.  Hitler sought the genocide of the Jewish people.  How is that ANY different from what the newly formed government of America did to the Native Americans?

The US has huge lands and small population. that gives them an advantage. Illegal immigrants are attracted by that. Government of America can give them Visa. This is the way to legalise immigration. Why are they so strict in granting visas to their neighboring countries?

30. VENUGOPAL SIVAGNA profile image60

Any immigration should and must be legal only. America has the right to expel them. Or atleast they should be specially screened and their immigration legalised before they settle there with some jobs.

I think anyone going to America is for jobs and good earnings. But in India, a silent immigration is illegally going on in the north east from Bangladesh. Their only aim is to settle in India and increase the muslim population in Assam. Now, it is said that native Assamese are less than the illegal immigrants. But India is doing nothing to stop this.

During 1980-84, the exodus from Bangladesh was so heavy that a number of killings were carried out by the native Assamese. Nellie massacre was so famous that the Prime Minister had to visit these areas. (On a single day, more than 3000 illegal immigrants were killed by native people with bamboo sticks, knives and arrows.)

1. dave272727 profile image59
      dave272727posted 14 years agoin reply to this

The slaughter of any peoples in horrible.  I wish for any and all immigration to be legal and peaceful.  Not all of the people that enter America are coming for peaceful and lawful reasons.  I briefly spoke of the drug problem that we have.  To me any people that desire opportunities that they do not have in their home countries should be allowed a temporary visa and be allowed to seek their chance in life.  Being screened is a part of that and a problem for some.

31. VENUGOPAL SIVAGNA profile image60

Immigrants to America are well educated and are fit for some job. But Bangladesh immigrants to India are all illiterate, ready to settle in jungles and river-beds. Their only aim.... occupy vacant lands.

It is true at many times!

LOL! You gotta be kidding me! I think you overlooked a little something.

I am not in the habit of kidding anyone or overlooking anything. Especially I tend to use decent words in my comments.

Well then, are you laboring under the illusion that the thousands of illegals streaming across our border with Mexico everyday tend to be particularly well educated?

Every illegal immigrant is not an Indian. That too they never will go to Mexico and then to your country. Illegal immigrants should be dealth according to your laws and should not be taken for discussion. That is a legal problem, which has no backing from any Indian.

32. dave272727 profile image59

I can only speculate on the visa issue to be honest.  I have read up on it and I am not an expert on immigration.  One of the main reasons that they are not issuing visas to the people that are already here is that there are too many that have crossed illegally.  Customs and Border Patrol officers routinely round up and send people back to where they came from.  Mostly this is done peacefully.  Another reason is the drug trade.  A lot of the drug traffic flows in with illegal immigrants.  So the government is trying to stem the flow of drugs by denying visas and increasing security at the borders.

I am only partially agreed with you. People from many countries are negated for US visa that have no connection or record of drug trafficking.
      Thanks,
      Jyoti Kothari

33. tksensei profile image59

?????????????

Come again?

Closed to reply

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
Necessary
HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
Features
Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
Marketing
Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
Statistics
Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)