Ladies what are your secrets to attracting men?

Jump to Last Post 1-7 of 7 discussions (18 posts)
  1. profile image0
    Stevennix2001posted 10 years ago

Since im bored, i decided to open up a topic in this category nobody else thought to yet. therefore, what are your secrets ladies to attracting men?  and you gay guys can comment too if you like.  Although I prefer girls myself, but as seinfeld would say, "not that there's anything wrong with it."  anyways, have fun folks talking about this.

1. wonderful1 profile image84
      wonderful1posted 10 years agoin reply to this

Have an extroverted personality, smile, be social. Talking openly with a guy and lightly touching him is also a subtle trick to make men attracted. Although attraction gets attention, it doesn't guarantee love will follow.

2. Sed-me profile image79
      Sed-meposted 9 years agoin reply to this

When I was a teenager, I was at a party. They had water balloon fights and I liked a cute kid I'd met there. He chased me with a water balloon, cornered me, raised it above his head, and was smiling from ear to ear 'cause he was about to douse me. I reached above his head, slapped it with my hand and it burst all over *his head. I had totally outsmarted him and showed him my spirit and spunk. I was sure he had to be quite smitten with me, but apparently I was the only one smitten with me 'cause he ended up liking my blonde friend. So if you're asking what attracts men... making them look stupid in front of their friends is not on the top ten list.

2. wychic profile image84
    wychicposted 10 years ago

Would I be a gender traitor to admit that I personally have none? All of the men I've ever attracted were kind of by chance. I'm just myself, and every now and then someone pops out of the woodwork and tells me how attractive that is. But then, I'm afraid my failure rate may be abysmal if I had ever tried to just go after the ones that appealed to me. Good thing some of the attracted ones DID appeal to me, I suppose tongue.

3. schoolgirlforreal profile image78
    schoolgirlforrealposted 10 years ago

Just taking care of myself, dressing well, and looking presentable. Smiling, being friendly. I don't have a lot of tactic though.

1. profile image53
      PMARTINposted 9 years agoin reply to this

I, a male agree with this poster. Nice attracts. Nice cover alot of over "tactics". Nice gets you a job, nice gets favors done, nice gets you friends.

4. Cardisa profile image88
    Cardisaposted 10 years ago

Confidence.

I remember when I was depressed and lost confidence in myself. I felt lonely and needed someone badly. No matter how attractively I dressed I could not get a man. After healing and regaining that confidence, my self esteem started to rise and I felt good about myself again I could not keep men away from me no matter how frumpy I dressed.

There is one thing I learned. You can't expected to be loved if you don't love yourself first. Men can spot needy from afar. Confidence in a woman is very sexy and when you learn to balance that with your own natural beauty and sexiness you become irresistible.

1. schoolgirlforreal profile image78
      schoolgirlforrealposted 9 years agoin reply to this

That's a very good answer.
      I also find that being approachable helps.
      If you appear angry, it's not helpful.

5. profile image0
    Motown2Chitownposted 10 years ago

I'd have to agree with Cardisa that confidence is a super important part of attracting men - well, actually, other people in general.  Another, IMO, is simply to be honest and straightforward.  Don't play games.  Say what you mean.  Do what you say you will.  If you find a person's company enjoyable, tell them so.  Be truly interested in who they are and be genuine about expressing your own character and personality.  Most of the men who have ever been attracted to me have said that it was the sincerity of my smile and my honesty that attracted them.  I mean, having a cute butt doesn't hurt, but it's not usually my go-to.  wink

1. Cardisa profile image88
      Cardisaposted 10 years agoin reply to this

lol...you are so right and in being honest it pays to be yourself. If you happen to go on a date or have struck up a conversation with someone, don't pretend to be who you are not. I have seen stuff really get messy for other people who do that.

1. profile image0
        Motown2Chitownposted 10 years agoin reply to this

As have I, Cardisa.  Looking back to the beginning of my relationship with my husband, there was absolutely no game play allowed.  We were both honest about who we were and what we wanted out of life.  We found that we were in agreement on almost everything.  That which we did not agree on, we worked out early.  It's made for a wonderful life together.

2. schoolgirlforreal profile image78

I find myself running in the other direction at times like a schoolgirl

I guess if it was the right one it would not happen

but there are a lot of men out there, and I don't like to always be pursued

I feel aggressive at times around men, it's weird

Sometimes I feel like most men are piggish and that I don't want them. therefore I don't try

there are days the whole world seems attracted to me- men and women

and days like Cardisa said, I feel depressed, lonely, and have low self-esteem

1. profile image53

Ms schoolgirl, why do you think your up and down, on and off so much? Dont say "I dont know", give a try at a reason.

Trying to heal from a tough childhood
          and being moody (some days) I guess

I'm not good at smiling and stuff cause I've been hurt a lot....but eventually I'll get better at it.

1. profile image53

Well...We all have hurt someome else too and you never know but the person next to you may have had a worse childhood than yours but glad they survived it!!  Our parents have been deeply disappointed (hurt) by us at times, the un-popular guy in school that you rejected, even on one of your moody days you hurt someone Im sure. In other words you have been hurt and have "hurted" someone. Dont focus on self misery because people will just avoid you more-- but work on making others happy--smile at them, kind remarks, a helping hand, kind gesture. make people feel as though youre glad to see 'em.  You 'll get a reputation for being a sweetheart. Everyone loves a sweetheart.

I do that. When I feel depressed it's hard to do though.

6. Kathryn L Hill profile image76
    Kathryn L Hillposted 9 years ago

What girls want most in the whole world is affirmation of their beauty. To attract a man and hold his attention, girls will do many subtle things. Their true aim is prove to themselves they are desirable and attractive. They know how to be beautiful, as though they were flowers in bloom.
    They want to be thought of as beautiful and will do everything in their power to appear so.

To attract a man, they play up their femininity. The play up the curls, the bows, the rosy cheeks, the rosy lips. They accentuate the line of the their calves with high heels, the beauty of their fingers and toes with nail polish. They flood on the mascara because everyone knows long lashes and beautiful eyes are the most attractive feature a woman has. They want to allure their victims with their particular and special look, walk and stance.

They will pretend they could care less for the attention of a man, when in all actuality, it is the reason for their existence. And they know quite well what they do, yet act as though they don't. They are masters of illusion and then they tell you it is confidence and wholesome smiles...
    HA!
    But, I will not admit to any of that either!
    In the end, it really is my wholesome smile!

7. Cgenaea profile image60
    Cgenaeaposted 9 years ago

Different men are attracted to different things. The setting is very important too.
    But a smile and eye contact works like a charm...

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
Necessary
HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
Features
Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
Marketing
Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
Statistics
Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)