What Do You Like Most About The Opposite Sex

Jump to Last Post 1-15 of 15 discussions (32 posts)
  1. Breatheeasy3 profile image62
    Breatheeasy3posted 11 years ago

What Do You Like Most About The Opposite Sex

Some people have instant chemistry, while others may grow on you with their unique character. Some are just downright "Leave me alone". What's an instant hit for you when it comes to the opposite sex?

https://usercontent1.hubstatic.com/7827178_f260.jpg

2. DDE profile image46
    DDEposted 11 years ago

I like  a confident and sexy guy with a goal in life and to know what he wants from life the life who is true to himself and others.

Breatheeasy3posted 11 years agoin reply to this

Thanks dde! I think that confidence is def. a good quality to have. However, some men are confident but don't make good 1st impressions. How can they get around those initial jitters to show whom they really are b4 it's too late with a women?

3. profile image0
    jonnycomelatelyposted 11 years ago

Breatheasy, sorry to butt in here, but that picture of Yin Yang is incomplete.   It should have a little of the opposite in each bulge area.
    Amazing philosophy in this, and worth looking up on the Internet.

1. MasculistFeminist profile image54
      MasculistFeministposted 11 years agoin reply to this

Could not agree more with your opinion regarding Yin and Yang. I chose that symbol for myself for a very good reason.

2. profile image0
      jonnycomelatelyposted 11 years agoin reply to this

....and I have so little to do with the opposite sex that your question alludes me.  It's not that I am anti-, but there is really no deep connection.

3. Breatheeasy3 profile image62

I agree Jonny! My goal was to attract constructive criticism, even with choosing the "right" picture. I guess it worked..lol. I did find a yin/yang pic  that you speak of, but thought this one would be more engaging. Really appreciate your comment

4. Tinsky profile image92
    Tinskyposted 11 years ago

Personally, I like someone who is fun and wants to make me laugh till I cry, communicates with me honestly and frequently, supports what I do and is genuinely caring.  And I want them to want the same from me.

All that comes into the package of how much attention someone is giving you and how much attention they want you to give to them.

The "Leave me alone" is a heart breaker, especially when all you want to do is not leave them alone (of course, giving someone space as well is important).  But a relationship goes both ways, there is give and take on both sides.  When it isn't balanced, the yearning you feel may be left wanting.

definitely agree with that last statement. Also, I hear many woman speak of this thing called humor. It seems that humor in a man defeats other things that may be taken at first glance, like killer good looks....thanks for the comment

5. MasculistFeminist profile image54
    MasculistFeministposted 11 years ago

The one quality I look for in the opposite sex is their capacity to treat others the way they themselves would want to be treated.

"Do unto others as you would have them do unto you."

I am not religious (actually agnostic), but that principle is key to me.

I call the underlying quality integrity.

Integrity def goes a long way...Thanks for this comment

6. howtobeasuccess profile image67
    howtobeasuccessposted 11 years ago

I easily get attracted with physical appearance. This includes the eyes, lips, and the hair. But what makes me interested in knowing here would be character.

character! Main theme around here! Think character is very important as well...Thanks for the comment

2. howtobeasuccess profile image67
      howtobeasuccessposted 11 years agoin reply to this

looks can attack but its the character that could make you fall..

7. stricktlydating profile image85
    stricktlydatingposted 11 years ago

It's the masculinity I like most about men.

and by masculinity do you mean internal or external..or perhaps a bit of both?

8. LongTimeMother profile image91
    LongTimeMotherposted 11 years ago

I like the way I can wear his jeans as long as I have a belt, borrow his socks, and even grab his hat if I need to as I run out the door ... but he can only fit into his own clothes. lol.

lol! Love this answer...thanks!

9. Frank Atanacio profile image75
    Frank Atanacioposted 11 years ago

I like the softer side of a woman.. the naturing side as well.. yeah

lol...I like the girly girl as well

10. duffsmom profile image60
    duffsmomposted 11 years ago

I love men and for me, as far as physical attraction, it is just about everything that attracts me to them; the way they stand, the way they walk.  Anything that is uniquely masculine draws my attention initially.  I like very manly men.

lol! Thanks for the insight! The way they stand. Wow! Women are so dynamic with their way of thinking...love it!

11. Li Galo profile image75
    Li Galoposted 11 years ago

I've met some wonderful, well mannered men in my life and I've always been attracted to men who took care of themselves, dressed well, and had good manners. 

First, they must take care of themselves: no smoking, no doing drugs, be in decent shape physically, shave daily, have clean teeth, not smell, and dress well (no holes, tears, rips or stains on clothes and look like they made an effort when they woke up).  You can tell most of that just by looking at a man and talking to him for five minutes. 

Second, they must have manners: hold my door, wait for me, and mind their cursing around me.  I realize men can be nasty with each other - like spitting, cussing and picking their teeth - but if they do it with me, it's over before it started.  That's the opposite of attractive.  You can tell most of that on the first date.  I never sleep with a man unless I've seen what he does after he's left the bathroom in my home.  If he leaves the seat or lid up, it's over.  That means he always will.  Leaving a seat up shows who the "real" man behind the man is.  If he puts it down, I will definitely be impressed - and more attracted to him, as a result.

They don't have to look like a movie star to be attractive to me.  For me, attraction is all in how a man treats himself and how he treats me, too.  It's not as much about the physical as it is about his behavior.  I've dated men other women might consider physically unattractive.  But they were very attractive to me because of how they behaved.  Their behavior made my heart melt!

Very interesting! I must say though, became a bit intimidated with the many stipulations.lol, but to each his/her own. Thanks for some really good insight. I see that many women think beyond looks and think that itspeaks volumes about her as a person

12. healthyfitness profile image71
    healthyfitnessposted 11 years ago

I look for her to be considerate of others. That is a huge thing for me, I don't like judgmental people.

Totally agree!

13. MissJamieD profile image56
    MissJamieDposted 11 years ago

When I met my boyfriend it was instant. I know that sounds cliché but it's true. Physically he's not like most men I've chosen in the past. I used to choose baby-faced blondes with muscular bodies but it was never "instant". When I met my current boyfriend I never saw it coming. I wasn't looking for love at all. He's a bigger man, not as muscular as I used to pick, he has dark hair and the first time our eyes met I knew he was "it". When he and I would meet eyes, the chemistry inside both of us was completely electric. Once we started talking we figured out that we both felt the exact same feelings. When we'd look into each others eyes, the world around us would disappear. The amazing feelings we felt inside were nothing like we'd ever experienced before. We've been together a year now and we still love/lust after each other like we did from day one. We fit each other perfectly. As a young person I thought I had to have a certain look and body type to be attracted to a man, but that is so not the case. Love comes from within. Of course you will be attracted to them on the outside as well because whether they're "beautiful or handsome" in other peoples eyes doesn't matter because their inner beauty makes them beautiful outside as well. I think he's absolutely adorable and sexy, the thinks the same about me.

Very nice comment! Thanks for the input. This says a lot. Part of what I was already thinking and yet still insightful on other things. It's interesting to hear the women's point of view on the subject matter. Thanks again

2. MissJamieD profile image56
      MissJamieDposted 11 years agoin reply to this

You're so welcome:)

14. MGlobal profile image56
    MGlobalposted 11 years ago

I like idea that the opposite sex subsidizes in the areas that I am lacking.

lol! Interesting answer

15. Hariom Singhal profile image61
    Hariom Singhalposted 11 years ago

Not only men and women but even every animal want sex with opposite sex animal.

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
Necessary
HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
Features
Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
Marketing
Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
Statistics
Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)