Is it OK to let bra straps show?

Jump to Last Post 1-26 of 26 discussions (43 posts)
  1. exposedenvy profile image60
    exposedenvyposted 13 years ago

Is it ok to let bra straps show? Are women suppose to suffer with strapless bra's instead? What about designer removable bra straps, are they ok?

1. Ron Montgomery profile image61
      Ron Montgomeryposted 13 years agoin reply to this

It's beyond OK...

2. dutchman1951 profile image59
      dutchman1951posted 13 years agoin reply to this

bra straps-but cracks, pants at the knees with underwear showing, .... 500 pound old men with tee shirts that fit like shrunk sheets. 43 year old women with celulite but's and short's tucked up their backsides....

we are a class-less society now, so sure- We are in the Wal-Mart Age

rude, crude and ignorant gets the attention- (good or bad) as long as you are noticed, what the hell, its all about (me) now a days...let it all hang out- why not!

why worry about it, just grab the phone and text as you go!. No one cares any more..

3. amberjones21 profile image60
      amberjones21posted 13 years agoin reply to this

I don't mind bra straps showing sometimes. I think if the bra color matches the color of the top you are wearing then it can look like the spaghetti straps to a top.

I do think, if you are heading to a job interview or meeting your guy's parents, then a woman should pay close attention to what she reveals and how she dresses.

4. profile image50
      Saulsaposted 12 years agoin reply to this

Not only is it ok, it's actually preferred.  And this is coming from a real man.

5. profile image52
      Serge Kannonposted 8 years agoin reply to this

I have an 18-year-old daughter. She doesn't show her bra straps but sometimes they show. It's not a big deal.

2. alternate poet profile image66
    alternate poetposted 13 years ago

In China they have different 'modesty' zones - generally legs are not any issue and so walking around in the 9 month summer is made more enjoyable by the high numbers of beautiful girls legs under micro-minis and micro-shorts. The top, shoulders down, is a 'modesty' zone for Chinese and it is unusual to see more than the slightest development of a cleavage - yet Chinese girls would appear to have no problem showing bra straps, they appear to have a preference for see-through.

3. psycheskinner profile image82
    psycheskinnerposted 13 years ago

Showing a bit of strap might be a fashion no-no, but really, no one cares all that much.

1. Rafini profile image83
      Rafiniposted 13 years agoin reply to this

are you sure it's a fashion no-no?  (I would tend to agree, but...)  It's extremely rare to see a young woman without her bra straps showing....

4. alternate poet profile image66
    alternate poetposted 13 years ago

A much more useful topic than the religious threads !

1. saleheensblog profile image59
      saleheensblogposted 13 years agoin reply to this

agreed lol

5. profile image0
    kimberlyslyricsposted 13 years ago

If you like it, why would it be wrong.  Welcome by the way miss 88 minutes and opens a thread, wish I had those guts long ago but regardless here in Toronto it is lefal for women to be topless anytime, so I can't see many negatives with many fashion choices

Welcome again  glad your here smile

but will add it's always better when it is a nice bra

http://www.hannekristiansen.com/images/fall/widestripedsweater.jpg

cheers

1. blondepoet profile image69
      blondepoetposted 13 years agoin reply to this

Oh wow I want that jumper.

1. mega1 profile image78
        mega1posted 13 years agoin reply to this

I want that body! hmm  I mean, I want my body to be like that! smile

6. blondepoet profile image69
    blondepoetposted 13 years ago

As long as they hold up your bazookas who cares smile smile

http://i86.photobucket.com/albums/k99/kristinesnorman_2006/bra.jpg

7. CYoung75 profile image59
    CYoung75posted 13 years ago

Coming from a guy I have to agree that it makes a difference if its a decent bra, or a colour that goes with what you're wearing.

If it's tasteful then fine. If its blatant then its a no no in my opinion (but hey what does that matter)

8. Ivorwen profile image64
    Ivorwenposted 13 years ago

I try not to ever let them show.  It just doesn't look classy.

9. angela_michelle profile image95
    angela_michelleposted 13 years ago

Honestly, I never go strapless, and only in the past two years i started wearing tank tops that show my bra straps. i noticed a lot of other women do it. My husband who is hugely conservative has never even noted when he sees my bra straps (they are cute ones though) although if he sees a smidge of the side of it under my armpit, he tells me I should wear a different shirt.

1. profile image0
      kimberlyslyricsposted 13 years agoin reply to this

lol lol lol lol lol lol

10. Greek One profile image61
    Greek Oneposted 13 years ago

let us once and for all say a firm and hard "NO" to all bras and similar constricting devices!!!

1. pisean282311 profile image63
      pisean282311posted 13 years agoin reply to this

i second that...

11. psycheskinner profile image82
    psycheskinnerposted 13 years ago

You may not be thrilled with the results after a few years....

1. profile image0
      Home Girlposted 13 years agoin reply to this

Don't forget the gravitation, Greek One, we need those darn things, otherwise some older women might end up stepping on their own things (breasts, not bras)!

1. Ron Montgomery profile image61
        Ron Montgomeryposted 13 years agoin reply to this

Greek One claims to have a similar problem.

12. mega1 profile image78
    mega1posted 13 years ago

remember, if you are a redneck woman, bra straps MUST show! If you don't let them show, how will we know who you are?  I always wear those super sleeveless, cutback tank tops and let the glaringly white straps show, just so everyone will know that I get my whites really, really white!  Otherwise, why bother getting your underwear really white?  Also, its good to let a little of your panties show - somehow -!

13. Misha profile image63
    Mishaposted 13 years ago

It definitely is a turn-off for me...

14. rebekahELLE profile image86
    rebekahELLEposted 13 years ago

the removable beaded or jeweled ones look great, but anything else looks tacky, imo.

edit; found a great hub showing some pics. wow, there are hubs about everything.! http://hubpages.com/hub/beaded-bra-stra … -shoulders

15. Maddie Ruud profile image72
    Maddie Ruudposted 13 years ago

I think this is a silly question.  Nobody pitches a fit if a guy stretches and the top of his boxers show over his jeans.  It's not like anyone is actually fooled into thinking you're not wearing a bra if it isn't showing, so I'm not sure what the big deal is.  As long as you're properly covered in the right areas, who cares.

1. Greek One profile image61
      Greek Oneposted 13 years agoin reply to this

booooooooo "properly covered"

16. profile image0
    DoorMattnomoreposted 13 years ago

oh man, no way in hell can I go bra-less!! And when its over 90 degrees and 70 percent humidity..guess what? Im wearing a tank top... or maybe just a bra.....seriously, is "fashion" that much more importnat than if you feel comfortable? and can breath?

17. ponx profile image81
    ponxposted 13 years ago

I think it is ok for the bra straps to show depending on the outfit. If the color of the straps match with that of your outfit I think it looks kind of cute smile. I love the Victoria's Secret bra straps!They come in such funky colors and can surely be exposed I think smile

18. exposedenvy profile image60
    exposedenvyposted 13 years ago

I agree with those whom are of the thought that it's OK if the straps are attractive, There are different places to get these. One is exposedenvy.com. There's a great selection there.

Love all the light hearted responses...

19. Jeff Berndt profile image74
    Jeff Berndtposted 13 years ago

Well, where are you and what are you doing?

If you're weeding the garden, who cares?

If you're attending a state dinner, no.

If you're in a court of law, no.

If you're in a court of law because of a legal dispute with me, yes, please. In fact, show up wearing flip-flops, a torn tank top with a vulgar slogan printed on it, and heck, wear two bras for twice as much bra-strap action. Thanks. smile

20. profile image49
    Sun Kingposted 13 years ago

no. not sexy

21. Rafini profile image83
    Rafiniposted 13 years ago

Okay, can we look at this from a practical standpoint? 

#1.  Cute & Cuddly bras aren't made in all sizes.  They're made primarily for those who're young and too small chested for it to really matter whether or not the straps show.  I mean, bra straps on a 32b, which are cute & colorful, are gonna look a lot better than bra straps for a 42DD.  For the simple fact the larger size is going to have bra straps that painfully dig into the shoulders.

#2.  Those cute & cuddly bras aren't cheap.  Victoria's Secret, I'm guessing, probably costs more than the 18 hour just because Victoria has to get paid - otherwise she'd go out of business!  :0

#3.  True, as a woman it's no secret that I wear a bra, but why should I advertise the bra I wear?  Other women can go to the Underwear Fashion Shows to see what's for sale out there, and no man needs to see what color/style/size bra straps I'm wearing - it's none of their d@mn business!!

1. ponx profile image81
      ponxposted 13 years agoin reply to this

Try Victoria's Secret when they have their semi annual sales. You get bras for dirt cheap. And trust me if you know when to buy their bras they do come at a pretty cheap price. Never buy them at the full price.

2. Rafini profile image83
      Rafiniposted 13 years agoin reply to this

lol   "Underwear Fashion Shows"???   lol   

Lingerie Fashion Shows is more like it. big_smile

22. The Stylist profile image58
    The Stylistposted 13 years ago

I personally HATE it when I see a woman where her bra straps are showing! Some people call it classy, I call it trashy! Even if your going out and getting a jug of milk from the store, you can at least look presentable. In the words of the infamous Raquel Welch,`It really doesn`t do you any good to look anything but your best at all times.`

1. Patricia Rae profile image61
      Patricia Raeposted 13 years agoin reply to this

I totally agree with you and Raquel.   This style was probaly brought about by someone who was too lazy to dress properly.   I know many designers think that it's sexy and maybe it is on the model thin people, but all you have to do is checkout the emails of the "Walmart" people to know not everyone can carry that "style" off.   Please people dress properly.  Underclothes are just that......clothes to be worn UNDER your street clothes.

23. Alyssa Grace profile image58
    Alyssa Graceposted 13 years ago

It's definitely not ideal. If you're somewhere informal, okay. Otherwise it's kind of tacky looking

24. mrkorey profile image59
    mrkoreyposted 13 years ago

I really don't think it is flattering. I mean, come on, do you think it is flattering to see a woman hike her g-string up over their hips while wearing low cut jeans? I don't think so. Maybe for some people. I am sure it is only because they have one thing on their mind. Coming from a guy, I do not find it attractive or flattering in any way.

25. paradigmsearch profile image60
    paradigmsearchposted 13 years ago

"Is it OK to let bra straps show?"

I consider it tacky, but I wouldn’t shoot her for it. smile

And ditto male underwear. smile

26. Rafabatool51 profile image61
    Rafabatool51posted 8 years ago

You get strapless bras custom made.

But some "looks" involve showing a bit of bra strap.

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
Necessary
HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
Features
Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
Marketing
Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
Statistics
Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)