Hubs scores: what's your highest score?

Jump to Last Post 1-15 of 15 discussions (42 posts)
  1. paolaenergya profile image93
    paolaenergyaposted 6 years ago

Hi,

I am curious to know what's the highest score you've ever got for a hub. Mine is 93.

Please share your proudest achievements!

Paola

1. Sherry Hewins profile image92
      Sherry Hewinsposted 6 years agoin reply to this

I have several that have hit 100. They never stay there though.

paolaenergyaposted 6 years agoin reply to this

That’s great to hear Sherry, congratulations! The fluctuating score system is rather confusing...

1. Marisa Wright profile image86
          Marisa Wrightposted 6 years agoin reply to this

They fluctuate because it's a ranking system rather than a scoring system.  Our Hubs are ranked relative to each other.  With lots of Hubs being added every day, there's no way it can't fluctuate.

2. sallybea profile image95
      sallybeaposted 6 years agoin reply to this

I have had several which have hit 100 but like Sherry said, they fluctuate depending on traffic (I think)

Hi Sally,

That’s fab!

3. paolaenergya profile image93

I have just run an experiment on a hub that was not featured because of “spammy” elements. It had a score of about 60. I worked out that the supposed spammy element was a link to my website, so I deleted the link. Lo and behold, the hub was then featured shortly after and within a few days got a score of 80. Food for thought...

1. theraggededge profile image98
        theraggededgeposted 6 years agoin reply to this

Indeed, HubPages frowns on self-promotion and will unfeature any hub it deems to be promotional.

You don't need to be concerned about hubscores, they really aren't terribly important. I've never paid much attention, but seeing as you asked... I have currently four at 100, six at 99 and seven at 98.

Write informative, well formatted, well-researched hubs and scores will take care of themselves smile

Edit: Just so you understand that hub score has nothing to do with performance, one of my 99s has 3 visits today, a total of only 760 views during its lifetime, and I wrote it in 2012. Not one of my better performers.

Thank you for your comment and congratulations on getting high scores.

Yes, scores are not as important as traffic, although in my case there seems to be a correlation.

2. Gregory DeVictor profile image94
    Gregory DeVictorposted 6 years ago

Hi Gregory,

That’s brilliant!

1. Gregory DeVictor profile image94
        Gregory DeVictorposted 6 years agoin reply to this

Thanks! I wish that all of us here could figure out the algorithm.

1. DrMark1961 profile image95
          DrMark1961posted 6 years agoin reply to this

Why? Those scores have nothing to do with traffic or earnings. I just checked my page and have a half dozen with 100 scores, but also have plenty of hubs that get more traffic and have lower scores. That is what really matters.

Thank you for your insight. I had the impression that high-scoring hubs would perform better

3. Lisa Jane39 profile image82
    Lisa Jane39posted 6 years ago

Hi Lisa,

That’s a good score!

4. incomeguru profile image94
    incomeguruposted 6 years ago

Mine is 94.

Excellent!

5. jlherrera profile image57
    jlherreraposted 6 years ago

I write really short blogs, so mine is 66. I also curse and don't usually follow SEO BS. Hubpages is a place that I use for just expressing myself.

Fair enough! Thank you for sharing.

6. TessSchlesinger profile image60
    TessSchlesingerposted 6 years ago

Some hit 100, but they don't stay there. They wonder through the 90s...

Hi Tess

That’s really good, you’ve definitely worked really hard!

7. Titia profile image91
    Titiaposted 6 years ago

94 at the moment.

Nice!

8. janshares profile image94
    jansharesposted 6 years ago

I've had one 100 in the past. Keeping in mind that they fluctuate constantly, current highest is 95. Lowest, by the way, is 69 (a poem).

Excellent. So it seems so far that longer hubs tend to have higher scores.

1. janshares profile image94
        jansharesposted 6 years agoin reply to this

Usually but not necessarily. My hub that reached 100 was a recipe. It's much shorter than my informational hubs but was very popular and unique at the time. Many factors are involved in hub score and can change over time.

Yes, popularity and niche subjects are great for traffic

9. Mamerto profile image90
    Mamertoposted 6 years ago

Since I joined last June, I'm now 92

Nice!

10. J Schatzel profile image86
    J Schatzelposted 6 years ago

95 and 96, but they're on my least visited hubs. My most visited hubs average around a score of 90.

11. Glenn Stok profile image97
    Glenn Stokposted 6 years ago

I presently have 8 hubs with a score of 100. Another 8 hubs are at 99. My average is 91. 

As others have said, the score is not related to traffic. I see no relationship to traffic or to view duration either. As Marisa had said, it's ranking system related to other hubs (That makes sense).

Well, whicever way we look at it, you’re doing well writing high quality hubs!

12. Jessie L Watson profile image65
    Jessie L Watsonposted 6 years ago

92. Then again I've only been here less than two months. I'm not even sure what it signifies. I notice that it will go down at seemingly inappropriate times like, say, having spent 13 hours writing then publishing an article. "Nice article you have there, lets feature it then drop your score". Okay? lol. I guess I'm more concerned about quality.

Yes, scores are unpredictable. As long as hubs get featured and get good traffic, that’s all that matters. I just wanted to understand more (and was simply curious to see how others are doing on the platform!)

13. TheShadowSpecter profile image83
    TheShadowSpecterposted 6 years ago

I made it to 92.  However, I only have 14 Hubs published on my account.

That's good going!

14. Ryan Cornelius profile image80
    Ryan Corneliusposted 6 years ago

Mine is 65. I never really pay attention to it. I just write. At +100 articles it seems to be working. I found something I love and just stuck went it

Doing what you love is all that matters!

15. Natalie Frank profile image92
    Natalie Frankposted 6 years ago

I had been under the impression that scores were based on quality of the hub which if they were not updated regularly would decrease over time.  I update when I think to but not nearly regularly enough but have recently noticed hub scores fluctuating with many going up despite no updates.  I have also had a number of 100 score hubs since I've been actively writing (for about a year and a half) and a bunch in the 90's though as others have noted they all fluctuate sometimes widely.  That being said I should point out that for Google rankings it's important your hubs are accurate and up to date.

1. Marisa Wright profile image86
      Marisa Wrightposted 6 years agoin reply to this

HubScore is made up of:

QAP score
      Length
      Number of comments
      Traffic
      Your Hubber Score

So you can see, apart from the QAP score, it isn't based on quality.

2. sallybea profile image95
      sallybeaposted 6 years agoin reply to this

The learning center is an amazing resource for writers. If you have not visited in a while or you don't know where to find the info about scores and much more https://hubpageshelp.com/content/Learni … bber-score

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
Necessary
HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
Features
Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
Marketing
Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
Statistics
Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)