I know I am a silly billy but...

Jump to Last Post 1-18 of 18 discussions (27 posts)
  1. kirstenblog profile image78
    kirstenblogposted 14 years ago

A little while back (few days maybe a week) there was a hubber (wont say names, not really appropriate here) who caught my eye. S/he was having the most amazing results with adsense and was churning out those hubs like crazy. As you can imagine I was impressed and went and read some of those pages, also joined their fan list with a comment, something like I'll have to keep an eye on your hubs. I guess I wasnt clear that I meant keep an eye on so I could learn. I say this because this was waiting in my inbox this morning

"I find it quite funny that you would want to "keep an eye" on what im publishing!

Be my guest! I Should also let you know that Im a 2 week member with 200 in adsense revenue. I think its pretty hilarious that people like you think that theres no way for someone to do what i have done without cheating, lol the reality is that I own and operate over 30 websites, and i also publish daily to hub pages. Next time instead of being jealous, and rude, you might try a more suttle approach! Its a shame that this web site gives voice to people like you! I hope you have had a good look at my 50 hubs that I did in two weeks, and I also would like to point out to you that the 100 hubs in 30 day challenge, is how im doing it! I publish 3-5 articles a day. Well researched, Keyword Rich, and full of ORIGINAL content. P.S. I took the liberty of looking around at your hubs, and I think that if you continue to publish that kind of junk, that you will make no money here, and that you will get the boot for spam! Never, ever, insult a paid blogger my friend, its a hell of a quick way to make enemys! Also..... If you had chosen another approach, i might have considered giving you a few money making tips! However that is not the case. Is it?"

I know I shouldn't let this get to me but it has and I hoped that by sharing here I could get it out of my system. I hope this is not inappropriate here but thought it was probably ok smile

How do you people who can shrug stuff like this off do it? I guess I am just to sensitive!

2. tksensei profile image60
    tksenseiposted 14 years ago

Wow, that person sounds like a real POS. Forget it and move on.

3. RooBee profile image83
    RooBeeposted 14 years ago

Yeah, sounds like some serious overreacting IMHO. Sometimes, I have a hard time with stuff like that at first but then you just have to shrug it off. Obviously the person is REALLY sensitive and rather snarly. Try not to let it bug you too much as it's obviously no real reflection on you, but on that person who wrote it.

4. Misha profile image63
    Mishaposted 14 years ago

It looks like your fan mail (or other piece of communication, if any) either was misunderstood, or was not that innocent as you thought. smile

Why don't you publish it, too?

kirstenblogposted 14 years agoin reply to this

It defiantly must have been vague enough to be interpreted as some sort of attack.

Thisey here thing what when eye gotta put dem squgles tageder for da word makin stuff isa real hurd na i be doin my bestest job what I can

1. Misha profile image63
        Mishaposted 14 years agoin reply to this

LOL smile

5. Susana S profile image93
    Susana Sposted 14 years ago

Phew! That would have upset me as well. As RooBee stated it says an great deal about how hung up that person is and nothing about you. I would quit the fanclub and ignore the email.

6. Lisa HW profile image64
    Lisa HWposted 14 years ago

Maybe this wouldn't have been the right thing to do, but I would have e.mailed the person back and said something like, "Whoa.  I'm sorry you seem to have grossly misinterpreted my use of the words, 'keep an eye on you'...".  I'd then go on to explain that I was simply complimenting him/her and was completely shocked to get such a nasty, nutty, e.mail back.

I'd end it with something like, "Misunderstandings happen.  I'm sorry to have upset you with what was apparently a careless choice of words; when, in fact, I was just trying to compliment you.  I'd like to reassure you that I have no intention of ever again laying eyes on your Hubs.  I do find it unfortunate you are someone who saw jealousy where it simply does not exist."

(By the way, with only skimming that e.mail I noticed that the Hubber misspelled, "enemies".   smile  )

I did email back trying to say something like that, tho I probably let hurt feelings get in the way of it being just positive without a bit of hurt and anger

BTW when you quite a fan club do you lose all the hubtivity in regards to that person?
      I went looking to see if I could find exactly what it was I had said in my fan mail to this person and found bupkis! Sadly my memory isn't enough to remember exactly what I said cept that it did have the phrase keep and eye on, oh well.

7. Lisa HW profile image64

Oh well, it makes more sense to just ignore it anyway.  smile   (I've noticed that after a string of recent, frustrating, customer-service-type, phone calls I've been dealing with recently that I'm kind of ready for a fight with anyone.  lol   and it's starting to show up in my forum posts  smile  )

I can totally sympathize! I think some days I am just more fragile and likely to feel hostile at piddling little things.

8. SweetiePie profile image83
    SweetiePieposted 14 years ago

Personally I would never say something like that to someone, but a few other hubbers and I have expressed irritation when people wrote us asking how much we make on the site.  I do not even ask my close friends questions like that, so it surprises me when perfect strangers seem comfortable inquiring. 

I am sure others feel free sharing these details, but I actually learned how to earn on Hubpages and other sites without asking questions.  Personally I would recommend not writing emails asking people how much money they make because this happens to be a very personal topic and can stir emotions, and irritations. 

However, it was pretty harsh that person went on to tell you that your hubs are not up to par, but please keep in mind this is just one person's opinion.  I learned years ago it is better to write for yourself, and not for the opinions of others, so keep writing what you enjoy.  There are many friendly and outgoing hubbers out there who share how to optimize hubs with seo, so I would study what they have to say.

9. JonTutor profile image60
    JonTutorposted 14 years ago

Folks with inferiority complex show such attitude.... ignore it. smile

10. Lisa HW profile image64

Jon, I know you're referring to the e.mail writer and not to the idiots I mentioned I've been dealing with over the phone; but I have to note that sometimes it's people with a superiority complex that have attitude too.  roll

1. JonTutor profile image60
      JonTutorposted 14 years agoin reply to this

You're right. smile

11. charanjeet kaur profile image61
    charanjeet kaurposted 14 years ago

I guess its not just you, anyone at the recieving end of this email would be taken aback. You really need thick skin to accept such input on hubs. Commenting that your hubs are not good enough is really way out of line. We all are still learning but this just shows that the written communication is more prone to misunderstanding. I hope things get sorted out for good.

Thanks for this post, it made me smile and I think was what I was hoping to hear maybe smile

12. Gennifer profile image54
    Genniferposted 14 years ago

This person seems to be very agressive and he/she certainly misunderstood your words. I would be offended as well if I were you, but try not to think about it, forget about this mail and this hubber; he/she doesn't deserve your attention and concern.

13. Lady_E profile image62
    Lady_Eposted 14 years ago

She simply misinterpreted what you wrote.

I would have just replied to her and explained what I really meant in an amicable way and that would be the end of it.

Some people are just naturally defensive.

Don't let it get to you at all.

1. JonTutor profile image60
      JonTutorposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Excellent response. smile

2. profile image0
      dennisemattposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Thats what I was thinking. Clearly, this girl thinks people are "out to get her" and so she retorts with personal attack. Very immature. Dont take it personally.

14. wrenfrost56 profile image55
    wrenfrost56posted 14 years ago

I suspect that someone who writes that much, probably doesn't get much sleep and is probably a little streesed out and cranky. Try not to take it personally, altough I understand why it upset you and I think your work is great thats why me and others are your fan!

15. bigmikeh profile image69
    bigmikehposted 14 years ago

It's so easy for an innocent written comment or post to be misinterpreted - there's no body language or intonation to back up the words.

I made what I thought was an innocent comment a while back and was immediately attacked for it. Now I keep most of my opinions to myself. Not that I can't handle criticism, I'm just not prepared to be vilified. Behind these usernames and avatars are many sane, well balanced individuals but I suspect there are a number of neurotics as well.

1. tantrum profile image61
      tantrumposted 14 years agoin reply to this

You should go on giving your opinion.Your opinion is valuable even if it's misunderstood. Who cares! Go on being yourself ! And by the way, I'm 1 of the neurotics big_smile

16. kirstenblog profile image78
    kirstenblogposted 14 years ago

Guess what? While I was writing a new hub page I got a very lovely email from the person who wrote the other email, I guess my response email worked the trick. I am glad of this as I tried not to be driven in what I wrote as a response from my hurt feelings and it helped I guess. It seems the person in question (no need for names) has had a few nasty remarks recently and was on the defense, expecting more of the same when reading my comment. I was actually quite impressed with this person as she is doing phenomenally well with her hub pages, thing is they have 30 of their own websites and if they uses them to drive traffic here and are on similar topics it kinda makes sense that there would be above average click throughs and with good keywords there can be a good payoff. I expect this person is working like they have a caffeine drip hooked up! Sleep whats that? lol. I am happy that all has ended well with this little misunderstanding, I hope that most misunderstandings can be sorted so easily smile.

17. wrenfrost56 profile image55
    wrenfrost56posted 14 years ago

hurah! well done her and you, I love it when things work out. She sounds like a busy bee I bet she is whacked.

18. Uninvited Writer profile image78
    Uninvited Writerposted 14 years ago

Hmmm...talk about protesting too much... Sounds like she is feeling guilty smile

Or...maybe some less talented people have been accusing her of "cheating" because their crappy hubs don't make any money smile

Glad it's all cleared up now.

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
Necessary
HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
Features
Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
Marketing
Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
Statistics
Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)