Anyone else notice a drop?

Jump to Last Post 1-9 of 9 discussions (18 posts)
  1. college-economist profile image60
    college-economistposted 14 years ago

Has anyone else noticed a drop in their traffic and earnings. It seems as though there has been a lot more authors present. I noticed a lot more new authors joined especially around June. I think this is a good and bad thing. The good is that there is more content. The bad, well more content is more competition for traffic. This isn't my first account so do go all up in arms over this accounts join date. Has anyone else noticed this trend?

1. asalvani profile image60
      asalvaniposted 14 years agoin reply to this

I joined recently, so I must be one of those:)

2. relache profile image72
      relacheposted 14 years agoin reply to this

This topic has been the subject of several threads in the past few weeks. 

http://hubpages.com/search/include:forums+traffic+drop

1. profile image50
        badcompany99posted 14 years agoin reply to this

As I said before Relache the forums are but a perfect example of Deja-Vu, " Did I just say that ? "

3. AEvans profile image71
      AEvansposted 14 years agoin reply to this

How would you know how many others joined in June when you have only been here 3 weeks. You must be an alter-ego and just who are you? Yes I have seen a jump in more authors and I have seen a decline but I try to just keep on writing. smile

4. LVM profile image58
      LVMposted 14 years agoin reply to this

I noticed the drop a few days ago.  But I'm getting high traffic again.

5. darkside profile image62
      darksideposted 14 years agoin reply to this

I hope you don't go all up in arms when I say the opposite, but I've seen a rise in my traffic and earnings.

And we're not competing with each other for traffic. We're competing with millions of others. Any traffic that each of us get to hubpages.com ultimately benefits all our fellow hubbers.

2. Lady_E profile image61
    Lady_Eposted 14 years ago

No. I've noticed a rise but that's probably to do with the Hub Challenge.

Re: competition - people are writing different topics, so there shouldn't really be much competition.

Hope your traffic picks up...

3. profile image0
    ryankettposted 14 years ago

I notice a drop in traffic just as frequently as I notice a rise.... what goes up must go down wink

I am actually getting my highest traffic ever, but thats because I have more hubs than ever before....

The best thing to do = Just write through it.

4. profile image50
    badcompany99posted 14 years ago

All I know is I am still getting my 15,000 views a day !

1. profile image0
      ryankettposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Which is why we all know that you will never actually give this all up lol

5. profile image0
    Aquaposted 14 years ago

Fortunately, this has not been my experience so there is hope! I have seen major increases in traffic and minor increases in revenue smile I don't know if this has any correlation with my increased writing or not. I agree with the others though, just keep writing because it does seem to help.

6. Rik Ravado profile image86
    Rik Ravadoposted 14 years ago

BC - Don't be discouraged by your modest 15,000 a day traffic - things will pick up once you get the hang of Hubbing.  I personally get 15 Million hits a day and spend my Adsense earnings on buying cheap airlines and banks! smile

Actually I've seen a slight drop in traffic too in August but it is supposed to be about the worst month of the year for Internet traffic ..

1. nicomp profile image61
      nicompposted 14 years agoin reply to this

I get 15 grillion hits a day and 99.98% convert to clicks.

I am currently finishing up a hub that explains where Jimmy Hoffa is buried.

7. laringo profile image61
    laringoposted 14 years ago

One thing I've certainly noticed is a drop in fans...about 5 in four days. I don't know what's going on. I guessed I'm not loved anymore because I in a rut and can't bring myself to create any new Hubs. I've been out of commission for 2 months.

1. profile image0
      ryankettposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Thats more likely to be people either a) deleting their accounts or b) having their accounts deleted.

If it makes you feel any better, I have just added you wink

8. Rebecca E. profile image78
    Rebecca E.posted 14 years ago

From what I've read, I don't think there is a drop, everything is going up, and down.  I think it's a cycle, similar to what happens with blogs.  I'm more versed in those.

9. lrohner profile image68
    lrohnerposted 14 years ago

I'm fairly new so have little to compare it to. But I'm reveling in seeing lots of little red arrows point UP UP UP next to my hubs! I agree, though, in that my hubs do tend to be cyclical -- one week up, the next week down. This is very unlike my blogs which are pretty consistent year-on-year (except for one seasonal blog that I write).

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
Necessary
HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
Features
Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
Marketing
Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
Statistics
Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)