hubsdirectory.com?

Jump to Last Post 1-9 of 9 discussions (27 posts)
  1. kowings profile image62
    kowingsposted 14 years ago

I received a hit on one of my hubs from this site. I'm not failiar with it. Is it affiliated with hubpages, or is a separate entity?

1. AEvans profile image72
      AEvansposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Its affiliated and Congrats!! smile

1. Ultimate Hubber profile image70
        Ultimate Hubberposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Are you sure its affiliated? I thought Ryan or someone else must have at the least blogged about it if it were affiliated with HubPages...

My Darling it has been here for ions nothing new to blog about well I don't think. Somewhere through the pile of threads from many moons ago someone asked the same question and the answer was yes. smile Here is the link http://hubsdirectory.com/ big_smile

I have seen that and that is why I thought HubPages won't create something that lacks quality. In addition to what Cls1321 has said,  on their start earning money page, the link has a tracker which means its not affiliated with hubpages because HubPages don't need to place such trackers in their links.
            Anyways, you have been here for a couple of years now so might know a lot. Think we will solve this mystery soon.

O.K. so I boo-booed do you guys forgive me??? I can make a little mistake ((( Big Hugs)) and I was thinking about something else I am soooo sorrryyyy.sad

1. LVM profile image58
                LVMposted 14 years agoin reply to this

This incident indicates that not everything you read in the forum are true.  You must take any advice with a grain of salt.sad

You are adorable we should read the information and my information had came from a hubber who was here much longer then I so all of us make mistakes. I feel horrible because I am normally on target and won't respond unless I know the answer. sad

2. kowings profile image62
        kowingsposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Thanks! I was pretty excited, that was my first hit that wasn't from hubpages, facebook, or shetoldme (I've only had about two hits from there so far). Then right after that, I saw my first hit from yahoo.

You are climning the ladder wait until you get hits from dogpile, digg etc. and then you will begin to get hits from Google. Nz, Google.It etc and so forth!! Great job it is pretty exciting isn't it? smile

3. relache profile image72
        relacheposted 14 years agoin reply to this

It's NOT affiliated.  It is a separate entity. 

An affiliation is when there is a formal partnership.  This site is just some guy trying to make a buck via his own trackers by making an entire site that points people at HubPages.

Thank you for the clarity I realized I made a mistake and caught it, thank you again. smile

2. readytoescape profile image61
    readytoescapeposted 14 years ago

I just looked at those for my hubs, didn’t realize you could until now, However I have a question. I'm getting good hits from Yahoo & Google, even some from AOL search but I received some hits from Facebook which is great, but I’m not a facebook member, any ideas?

3. readytoescape profile image61
    readytoescapeposted 14 years ago

Another curiosity is I am receiving more hits from Yahoo than Google. Confusing, great, but confusing considering adsense affiliation?

1. melbel profile image94
      melbelposted 14 years agoin reply to this

That happens to me on a few of my hubs. It's not a problem. Yahoo traffic converts better on AdSense than Google traffic.

4. Cls1321 profile image59
    Cls1321posted 14 years ago

AEvans I trust you and all but I sure hope its not an affiliated site. Just on the "start making money" and "about us" pages you can see 2 blatantly obvious spelling errors. And they claim to be a small niche marketing company ?

5. Anti-Valentine profile image74
    Anti-Valentineposted 14 years ago

Whatever the case, that site has a garish colour scheme. Jeez.

6. MontyApollo profile image61
    MontyApolloposted 14 years ago

Below is the first sentence from the "Start Earning Money" page, just to show what everybody is talking about with the quality issues:

"You probably heard about Hubpages.com  if not  the go and create you new account, you are loosing money every money you are doing it."

Haha!!! lol

Hence proved, the site is in no way affiliated with HubPages.

Thanx Monty.

2. Anti-Valentine profile image74
      Anti-Valentineposted 14 years agoin reply to this

That's disgusting!

3. Kadmiels profile image50
      Kadmielsposted 14 years agoin reply to this

agreed its a pretty messed up site and there is no way it is affiliated with hub pages. but it prob is makeing some good money by displaying hubs there.. is it legal for them to rss feed hubs from hubpages? or are they copying the content. not sure if i like either idea

1. Whitney05 profile image82
        Whitney05posted 14 years agoin reply to this

Tell me abuot it... But, I've seen worse. There's a blogger blog that uses nothing but RSS feeds from hubbers. It's one of the trashiest thing I've ever seen. I get a few hits from it, but I know they're just trying to get referrals. If they do, good for them, but the blog looks terrible. Just can't remember what it's called off the top of my head.

7. pauldeeds profile imageSTAFF
    pauldeedsposted 14 years ago

We have nothing to do with that site.

1. Anti-Valentine profile image74
      Anti-Valentineposted 14 years agoin reply to this

I thought so. Thank goodness.

8. WeddingConsultant profile image65
    WeddingConsultantposted 14 years ago

Paul's official word confirms it, but were you seriously even thinking hubpages had something to do with that site? haha

That's probably ran by a fellow hubber. It's got ads pasted in various places, color scheme is horrible, pagerank 0 out of 10...yeah that's not the work of hubpages.

9. WeddingConsultant profile image65
    WeddingConsultantposted 14 years ago

Alright people, everyone gather the tomatoes and rotten cabbages and let's start chucking them at AEvans!

haha just kidding just kidding. No worries about the mistake- we all make them.

***phew**** I am so glad **sigh** big_smile

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
Necessary
HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
Features
Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
Marketing
Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
Statistics
Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)