Why girls are the way they are

Jump to Last Post 1-30 of 30 discussions (99 posts)
  1. arunjain1989 profile image60
    arunjain1989posted 14 years ago

I have always wondered why is it so difficult to understand girls,why are they so deep and why i just cant get them.I think there are many guys like me who dont get it and there are some who knows everything about them.so I would request everyone to please post their experience,what they find weird or not predictable about women and how to deal with it.To all the female hubbers please share your insights on this.I have just written a hub on it..so if anyone could help with the riddles about women mentioned in the hub can comment there or even post the solution here.the name of the hub is the same as the topic name

1. blue dog profile image59
      blue dogposted 14 years agoin reply to this

if you're lucky, crazdwriter won't show up here.  she and the word "weird" have this relationship that truly has a life of its own.  last evening's discussion is testament to that fact.

1. profile image0
        Crazdwriterposted 14 years agoin reply to this

LMAO too late dude I've already been here HAHAHAHA

2. arunjain1989 profile image60
        arunjain1989posted 14 years agoin reply to this

well sir she has already showed up...i guess no one can stop girls from going anywhere

2. Bredavies profile image61
      Bredaviesposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Its hard to explain smile But I am going to read your hub

Thank you so much bredavies.

3. profile image0
      fierycjposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Treat them like goddesses, and you'll be rewarded beyond your wildest dreams...no jokes...

Off to bed, now...

fierycj are you sure it works...like have yiu tried it

1. profile image0
          fierycjposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Dont be a sissy, girls hate sissies. They love manly men. Here's the sum of the whole matter - if you're good looking, and you're real smart, and you've got a job, and you've got your own place, and you drive your own car, and you're above average in the hay, then you've got it made...

1. Eaglekiwi profile image74
            Eaglekiwiposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Another words ,not lazy ,that makes you desirable smile
            females look for security and stability,its not about looks ,(thats a bonus) but reliablity and responsibility makes the female relax and when she is relaxed nice things happen lol

eaglekiwi you understand girls very well.Thats what my girl says me all the time.Get stable and secure,only then we have a future.

1. Colebabie profile image59
                Colebabieposted 14 years agoin reply to this

And that takes time. You're 20? You've got time smile

yup I am 20 and i have lot of time and your advices would really help me in the long run.

No problem. I'm 22, my boyfriend and I have been together for four years, we both have our own places and good jobs... but not ready to get married. smile So even when you have security and stability, it still takes a little more wink

2. Eaglekiwi profile image74

Thankyou , well I was one (a girl)a long time ago lol but some things never change .
                And I have 3 sisters and 5 brothers, we are all human are we not, and want similar things smile

ohh god!!girls wants are just so unlimited.

3. Lisa HW profile image62
            Lisa HWposted 14 years agoin reply to this

fiercy, that may depend on who the girls/women are. 

Women don't always mind "sissies".  Manly can be ok - but not macho, and not too worried about always being manly.

"good looking" - surprisingly, doesn't always matter a whole lot.  Good looking is nice, as long as the guy doesn't over-estimate the importance of his looks.  "Attractive" is more important than "good looking", and there are some very handsome guys who aren't very appealing or attractive.

"real smart" - only if the guy is also well adjusted.  "real smart" without common sense or without being socially/emotionally well adjusted doesn't count for much.

"got a job" - always good in the eyes of women; although a good reason for temporarily not having a job is ok too.

"got your own place" - depends on how old the people involved are.  Younger people (student-age) aren't looking for someone to have his own place.  In fact, a lot of women don't think it's all that bad if, for example, a guy is divorced and sharing a place with someone else.  It's just not that a big a deal, at least not in a lot of circumstances (with good reasons for those circumstances).

"own car" - that one's for teenagers.  If there's some guy in his twenties or over who happens to have his transmission go, and who happens to be borrowing a car or driving an old wreck until he can get another car - a lot of women don't care about that kind of thing.

"hay" - I can't speak for other women, and I'm too
            "old fashioned" to be able to say much about my own opinions on that.  I will say that many men over-estimate the importance of that and under-estimate the importance of some of the things that matter far more to a lot of women.

Lisa can you please do me a favour of posting this as comment on the hub.You really have broken some of the age old myths boys have about girls.Please I would like everyone outside the hubpages benefit too.But it is always your wish.

2. tantrum profile image60
    tantrumposted 14 years ago

you don't have to understand them !  you just have to 'love' them,!  Putting it in a gentlemanly way ! big_smile

1. beautyrose profile image61
      beautyroseposted 14 years agoin reply to this

hehehe it seems you have no tantrum in this thread huh.

3. profile image0
    Crazdwriterposted 14 years ago

Goes the same for us we'll never understand males. lol it's just the way life is I'm afraid lmao

and thank you tantrum sweet comment hehe

1. tantrum profile image60
      tantrumposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Where's you pretty face ??? yikes

1. profile image0

I wanted to change my picture so I changed it to my youngest kitty Tiger...what you don't like it?

1. blue dog profile image59

crazd, you could have waited until i posted my comment.

and no, we don't.  back to the mug shot.

2. tantrum profile image60

I prefer your face, but the kitty is ok as well big_smile

4. arunjain1989 profile image60

tantrum your right you just have to love them...but if i understand them then i think i would know as what makes them happy.Atleast my girl would be happy.

1. tantrum profile image60

Every girl wants
      what you've got in your pants  .:  lol
      my favourite poem

5. arunjain1989 profile image60

yea crazdwriter your face was a refreshing sight

6. profile image0

Stop us? H-E-double LL no HAHAHAH we are everywhere especially me. You have a title like that and of course I'm going to come barging in on the convo hehehe

and yes I am weird and everyone loves me for it so *thhhhhhhhpppppppp*

7. Colebabie profile image59
    Colebabieposted 14 years ago

Every girl is different, just like every guy is different. So it isn't so much understanding "girls" but understanding the particular one you're interested in wink

However there are some general things to keep in mind. But there is always an exception to the rule smile I wrote a Hub about some dating tips for guys.. but they're very general.

1. profile image0

Bravo Colebabie! You said it! I love when guys try to understand me...my husband still doesn't fully understand me lol

1. profile image0
        mtsi1098posted 14 years agoin reply to this

this sounds dangerous...I am staying out of this

well i agree with ya but can you help me with the things i have talked about in my hub.Because mostly it relates to my girl only.And yea i would read your hub on dating.It can be a good help.

3. blue dog profile image59

hi colebabie,
      could you be more specific?

That's the thing! You really can't be.

Every girl is different. Every single one. So rather than trying to understand them as a group, understand the individual. Its just like learning about a person. You wouldn't generalize, you would learn specifically about that person.

So a guy could say, "Geez I don't understand you women at all"

But its not that, he just doesn't understand her.

you are just so right cole.Thats what i have experience with my girl.I screw up most of the time and i am like why dont i get her.

2. blue dog profile image59

it was a rather ill-advised attempt at humor.

3. profile image0
          rednckwmnposted 14 years agoin reply to this

a huge thing in learning about a person is to pay attention. Listen, really really listen, wihtout thinking about yourself at all, to what she says. Try not to think aobut whatyour going to say next, or how you dont agree. Allow them to be thier own person. This is usefull in any realationship, not just romantic.

4. profile image48
      CabinGirlposted 14 years agoin reply to this

I always like to be different, for some reason guys can never work me out. smile

1. profile image0

I'm with you CG

1. profile image48

Nice pussy smile

1. profile image0

Thank you...the guys want me to change it so i made a forum to vote on my profile pic lol

1. profile image48

Yeah I read it, if you like it you keep it, always works for me, anyways just a passing visit. Loves ya and leaves ya but I shall return, Thursday is a commin lol smile

Nite Peeps !

8. Colebabie profile image59

Ok arunjain,

In response to #1

She went with her gut. Her gut was that she wasn't ready to marry the man. You say your friend "liked a girl a lot" it takes a lot more than like to marry someone. It seems like since he asked the question two years later he was still hung up on her. She had moved on. Truth, she didn't love him and wasn't ready to get married. Her response is valid. "How do you expect a girl to say yes so soon and easily?"

#2 I'm not sure how you're asking the girls. Maybe they would like to go as friends, or as a group.

#3 As far as the jealousy thing, there are two parts. Part I is regarding members of the opposite sex. Part II is with time. Every girl is different. Some girls are more jealous of time spent and just want to spend more time with a guy and are not jealous of specific people or other women.

you are really great.Can you do me a favour...can you please post it as a comment on the hub so that my friends who are not on hubpages can benefit from it as well.It is just an request.

Of course. And as far as the goddess thing, it works to a certain extent. There is such a thing as being too nice. There has to be some passion in there!

Cole you are really helping me a lot.I mean you are a true gem.When my girl meets me tomm she would find a different me.Thnx

9. arunjain1989 profile image60

are you kidding or would the site really help.

10. profile image0
    ralwusposted 14 years ago

Mathematical proof - Girls Are Evil
    Girls require time and money.     Girls = Time × Money
    Time is money.     Time = Money
    Therefore:     Girls = Money × Money = (Money)2
    Money is the root of all evil     Money = √Evil
    Therefore:     Girls = (√Evil)2
    And we are forced to conclude that:     Girls = Evil

This explains women so well. Understand?

11. Colebabie profile image59

If girls are so evil, then why do men love us so much?

12. arunjain1989 profile image60

Ralwus cole has a point.If you think girls are evil then we would be more evil.I think they are the god best creation.I love them

13. profile image0

Well, I dint say they were bad. Evil is what we like in girls, right? LOL I do. or did. Too married and oldt now. hehe

haha..

You're never too married or too old. Excuses excuses... wink

14. Eaglekiwi profile image74
    Eaglekiwiposted 14 years ago

What a sweet guy  Arujain1989 !,so refreshing that you ask ,too many guys just assume to know, or mistake brawn for brains.

I think you have an open and teachable spirit, your insight will be your best teacher and friend. All the best for you and your girl wink

Thank you so much for your wishes and if i have a open spirit then you have an open heart.Even with so much knowledge and experience your humble enough to praise someone openly.I have many things to learn from you.

15. profile image0

You don't know my wife. LOL She is evil!

I hope your wife is not on hubpages too

2. Eaglekiwi profile image74

Maybe put your wife where that bird is ..lol

haha...that was a good one

big_smile Its a beautiful parrot ,but if I was the wife ,um he probably wouldnt let me close (bird that is)..

16. Eaglekiwi profile image74

They dont want it all at once and if they do kiss them goodbye lol,nah you want a girl who respects too!

You are absolutely right!!

I also have a son your age, and he asks the exact same questions, you are not alone lol.

I knw understand how your so quick in answers.BTW whats your son's name.

17. Eaglekiwi profile image74

Cheyenne

nice name...

Thankyou gnite

18. profile image0

Find yerself a cougar young feller. She'll learn ya proper!

Aww ralwus such a sweet avatar, nothing against birds, but you two look gorgeous!!

1. profile image0
        ralwusposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Thank you dear. It's my niece, ain't she cute? She just loves me since a baby.

2. IsabellaRothchild profile image69
      IsabellaRothchildposted 14 years agoin reply to this

As a genuine cougar, I agree.  :-)

19. arunjain1989 profile image60

Hey friends me going off nw..itz 6 30 am in india and i think i should sleep now.Will catch ya soon.

20. profile image0

She is very cute ralwus. and I was laughing about your "mathamateical" equation about us girls heheh yes I am evil I admit in lmao

1. profile image0
      ralwusposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Thank you dear. I can't take credit for the equation though. I ain't that smart. I do understand it. My lil niece is a doll and she is smart too.

21. AsherKade profile image58
    AsherKadeposted 14 years ago

we are made as opposites so we won't get bored and our kids can have diversity growing up.I will never understand my spouse either. I just know that love and patience are more than just virtues, they are survival instincts!

http://www.dailyhaha.com/_pics/life_of_a_man.jpg

Asher you summed it up very well.And the pic is just so true..lol..i hope You would post this in the comment section of the hubs as so well so that the non hubber guys can benefit from it too.Anyways your wish,But thnx for the insight.

22. Lisa HW profile image62
    Lisa HWposted 14 years ago

arunjain, I'm not sure if there are rules about copying stuff from the forum into comments; and I know I can't speak for all girls and women.  (I base what I say on myself and a lot of the girls and women I know - which is only one "circle" of people.)  As long as you're ok with it, I can post a link to this thread (along with a comment).

(Just as a source of a woman's views on "understanding how women think", I have a blog, "Lisa Light" (found through my profile if you want it - and if you go to it don't be shocked at how pink, flowery, silly and light it is.  That's the aim).  Anyway, if you scroll down you'll find, "Understanding How Women Think".  I can't post the link here, and I'm not assuming you're interested - but just in case you would be.)

Lisa you can for sure copy paste the content on comment because cole also did it.And you can also put the link of your blog.I am very much interested in your blog and would read it right away.

23. Lisa HW profile image62

arunjain, I just finished my comment.  I'll add the blog link (although it does go against my grain to post a link to my own thing.  smile ).  Thanks, by the way.

well lisa you wont need to do anything against the grain because i already have put the link to your blog.It is really good.And I am going it to suggest to every friend of mine.You just keep writing!!

1. Lisa HW profile image62
        Lisa HWposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Thank you very much, but I just went back and read the whole "Understanding How...." thing, and I now notice it's more a general approach and doesn't say anything about women's preferences or approaches when it comes to dealing with boyfriends and husbands.  Actually, the last quarter of it may have some insight.  Other than that, it's pretty much about general thinking.   hmm  (It's been a while since I looked at it.  I tend to write and abandon stuff.   smile  ).

But boys are more curious to know about women.Like i read why women go to washroom in groups and it has been a topic of discussion within our group from when.And I know why friends are going to love your blog.you have such a pleasant style.

24. Lisa HW profile image62

Again, thank you.  That particularly "fluffy" blog is one I've never been sure about; but the world is so full of unpleasantness and sometimes ugliness when it comes to women, I guess I just wanted to send the message that a lot of the times being a woman is fun, light, and pretty pleasant.  smile  (Besides, being writing dry articles for other people and stuff about serious issues so often, I just wanted something light.)  (By the way, I completely agree with Colebabie's sensible remarks.)

And I agree with both of you...you both are very helpfula nd beautiful at heart.And you really projected women in light fun and pleasant way.keep it up.

25. Lisa HW profile image62

arunjain, your thread here inspired me to write a Hub about what most of the women I know do want in men.  (I've been a little short on "inspiration" with the last week of 90-degree heat and humidity.  smile  Between this thread and the fact that we're down to 60 degrees - voila, inspiration.   smile  )

wow...now thats a good news.I am eagerly waiting for your hub to get published.One of my friend has already become your fan.And  I am happy that i could inspire you though i feel that you dont require any.

26. Rynaldos profile image63
    Rynaldosposted 14 years ago

Can't live with them ! Can't live without them ! Somethimes its better to just nod your head and say, "i understand" lol

you're right dude abd thats what i do most of the time

27. LondonGirl profile image80
    LondonGirlposted 14 years ago

"Girls" aren't some homogenous group, so there is no key to understand the whole lot of us, sorry.

As Kipling put it, however, "the female of the species is more deadly than the male".

You are right but Is there no way to atleast prediict ya sometimes though i agee with what you say es[ecially when you said dangerous...

28. arunjain1989 profile image60

rednckwmn really good advice!!

1. profile image0
      rednckwmnposted 14 years agoin reply to this

smile hope it helps a little.

Honestly it would really help me a lot.I thoght i would not be able to solve the mystery about my girl but i have fugured it out a bit now.Thnx really for the advice.

29. smokenchic profile image61
    smokenchicposted 14 years ago

I don't agree about security, and whatever. Just give me a man, that wants me, for who I am. And I will be his wildest dreams....lol. And he would not want to go any where else. Honey, I don't care if a man makes much money, but that he makes much of me instead and I him. As for looks, I'm sorry but there is an attraction to the opposite sex, we can't deny, that we don't look at the outside of each other. If it weren't so, then we would eat a pile a doggy poo, even though we new it wasn't. And as for sissy men, no way, my man better stick up for me when I am right or when I am not around. Don't try to understand us, but listen with open ears, and don't give us advice.

1. pddm67 profile image61
      pddm67posted 14 years agoin reply to this

Well put smokenchic!

1. smokenchic profile image61
        smokenchicposted 14 years agoin reply to this

thanks!

30. torimari profile image67
    torimariposted 14 years ago

I can't speak for other women since we all are essentially individuals, but having two younger sisters so different from me, it intrigues me how eccentric us three women are.
    I think getting to know anyone, gal or boy, as a person rather
    a gender, will strengthen a bond.

Using me and my siblings as an example:
    I am not the emotional, romantic type, nor do I like talking much in real life. I do that in my writing rather, hehe. I am quiet, insightful, yet moredominant.
    I like smart, artsy men that talk more than me, yet are not these brawny, macho guys (I like me some long hair). I am rather picky.

My one sibling is bubbly, loud, blonde and lovely, yet smart while having the boys at her feet. She is no push over though which I think adds to her attraction.

My youngest sister is the insecure, emotional one, who at this point thinks she needs a manly man for security and affection. Nothing wrong with wanting a good MAN but she settles for anyone.

So, when you start treating and seeing a woman as an indivudal, and perceive her oddities or outbursts as part of her personality instead of categorizing her with all the other female stereotypes, you'll really appreciate that woman, person, better.

I know I had better relationships with men when I stopped classifying them so much into the typical male stereotypes I was brought up knowing. smile

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
Necessary
HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
Features
Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
Marketing
Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
Statistics
Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)