How's your traffic this weekend?

Jump to Last Post 1-18 of 18 discussions (34 posts)
  1. Ultimate Hubber profile image71
    Ultimate Hubberposted 14 years ago

Mine was the worst in many months for this Saturday. sad

2. Lisa HW profile image61
    Lisa HWposted 14 years ago

Pretty much "stinko".  Darn these holiday weekends that get people away from their PC's.  mad

Ultimate Hubberposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Would you believe, that a website that gets 500 page views, got 46 page views on Saturday?? Site wasn't even down. Makes me wonder whats wrong. Hubs and other sites also didn't perform well.

1. Lisa HW profile image61
        Lisa HWposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Often my earnings are among their highest (for some reason) on the weekends (but never when holidays are involved).  Yesterday and today they're about 1/5 or 1/8 of what they usually are (at least the last time I looked).  Not too different, proportionally, to what your traffic is.  (Maybe it's all those people getting their kids ready to go back to school.   lol  )

3. profile image0
    Aquaposted 14 years ago

super slow - sad to say!

(wow, that was a lot of s's) smile

1. emievil profile image67
      emievilposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Mine too. Glad to see I am not alone. My adsense earnings also went *poof* for this week-end even though for the past few days I've been seeing some cents there smile. Oh well, hope everything picks up by next week.

4. SweetiePie profile image82
    SweetiePieposted 14 years ago

On the weekends I see dips too!

Dips on weekends is normal, but this was an extra ordinarily slow weekend. Reminds me of my days when I just started this online thing and traffic used to be too less.

1. rmcrayne profile image90
        rmcrayneposted 14 years agoin reply to this

What a relief.  I was beginning to think something was broken or that it was just me that was invisible.  Virtually no 24-hr traffic.

5. profile image0
    Aquaposted 14 years ago

It's a holiday weekend here in the U.S. - maybe that has something to do with it as well.

6. profile image0
    Ghost32posted 14 years ago

Not just a weekend, but (specifically) Labor Day weekend.  Gotta be a connection.  Mine's down over 20 percent--does often dip on the weekends, but not usually that much.

7. GeneralHowitzer profile image67
    GeneralHowitzerposted 14 years ago

hmm i'm batting from 150 to 250 views a day with 40 hubs...

8. Uninvited Writer profile image79
    Uninvited Writerposted 14 years ago

My daily page views have gone down by about 50 this weekend. So it's about 250 a day, which is an improvement over last month when that was my average. Lately my views have risen to 300/315 daily.

On the other hand, I made good money this weekend, almost $3 a day smile

1. arunjain1989 profile image60
      arunjain1989posted 14 years agoin reply to this

Congratulations

2. BristolBoy profile image62
      BristolBoyposted 14 years agoin reply to this

I always seem to earn more on weekends - maybe it is because some of my best performing hubs/infobarrels etc in terms of ecpm are about weekend events (eg shopping, sports, festivals etc).

9. BristolBoy profile image62
    BristolBoyposted 14 years ago

My page views often increase over the weekend but this weekend they have fallen by about 10-20% on a normal weekend.  However, I have noticed from using Rank Checker that on average my hubs are ranking about a position or two lower in Google than last weekend (some hubs have increased by 1 or two places but some have fallen by 10 or more) - maybe Google have made a change to their algorithm? 

Also I have noticed that for many keywords my hub is no longer top.  For instance for the phrase Basic Rules of Soccer you would expect this hub titled 'The Basic Rules of Soccer' to be ranking higher (was at position 9 in Google.com rankings last week) but now for that phrase the first item is this request for the Basic Rules of Soccer (at position 20 in Google.com rankings for search phrase the basic rules of soccer).  I have several hubs where this or similar is happening.  Anyone else able to report similar?

I have also noticed that many of my new hubs have taken longer to be 'found' by Google than they would do 6 months ago, despite the fact that I have included backlinks from popular sites.

10. Uninvited Writer profile image79
    Uninvited Writerposted 14 years ago

I got 2 clicks on one site, not Hubpages. The ecpm was huge and I got a very small amount. Not sure how that really works. I'm trying to be as vague as possible as not to break any rules with AdSense smile

eCPM is Expected Cost per Thousand Impressions.

So If you have 1 page impression and 0.2 cents for the click, your eCPM will be $200.

Similarly, if you have 500 page impressions and a click gave you 10$. Your eCPM will be 20$.

Hope I made myself clear...

11. lrohner profile image69
    lrohnerposted 14 years ago

I've had a weird 3 or 4 days as well. I thought traffic would be slow because of the big vacation week and the holiday, but my traffic has actually been up. However, I went three days with NO clicks. Not one. Nada. Zip. Zilch. Zero. That has never, ever happened to me. Very strange...

hmmm... The traffic you are having lately might not be the targeted one?
      Just guessing.

1. lrohner profile image69
        lrohnerposted 14 years agoin reply to this

I'm guessing Nelle might be right. I haven't had a zero-click day in two years. I mean, zero clicks on my blogs as well!

1. profile image0
          Nelle Hoxieposted 14 years agoin reply to this

The regular posters at webmasterworld are very savvy and spend lots of time monitoring all of the nuances of google adsense and search. Not only are they saying there's been public service announcements, but they're reporting no ads at all sometimes.

They aren't reporting a new algorithm ... yet. But they have begun to worry about the impact of Google's New Caffeine engine.

Yup, these people are truly into SEO, Adsense etc.

So Google might be doing these stunts like PSAs to promote its Caffeine update. Trust me caffeine isn't going to be anything big. They are just trying to cope with the issue of Bing's search market share improving.

2. Ultimate Hubber profile image71

BTW I also didn't receive a click yesterday but earned a cent through CPM ads. But I didn't felt it much as I didn't get any clicks on the first two days of last month too.
          So I will also take Nelle's word on this.

12. Treasured Pasts profile image71
    Treasured Pastsposted 14 years ago

Down about half but I think it is partly because I haven't written a new one in a few days to keep people coming.

13. profile image0
    Nelle Hoxieposted 14 years ago

My traffic has been HORRIBLE as well.

There has been talk at webmasterworld about adsense serving public service announcements network wide - off an on in August as well. I've noticed horrible ads on my hubs

So it's probably been a double whammy.

14. profile image0
    mtsi1098posted 14 years ago

web traffic is poor but road traffic is good (there isn't any)

15. profile image0
    ryankettposted 14 years ago

My traffic yesterday was excellent, one of my highest ever. It just so happens that most of it was hubbers reading my '50 Great Hubs' hub....... so adsense earnings were very poor...

Hopefully we will see one of those Mondays where everybody is making up for their internet withdrawals?

16. viryabo profile image93
    viryaboposted 14 years ago

Well now i can put my mind at rest. My traffic dropped about 15%, but i wasn't sure what the problem was. Thought people got tired of my hubs or something.
    My earnings, which is everyday now i must confess, also fell a bit.

You see, even our hubpages forums have lost a bit of traffic.... See the threads in the main forums and you will notice the last post of the first few was many minutes ago which is rare.

1. emievil profile image67
        emievilposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Maybe because a lot of the hubbers are on holiday?

lol... yes I figured it out earlier. tongue

17. profile image0
    Nelle Hoxieposted 14 years ago

I always find times like this upsetting. But I'll just keep making hubs and fresh content.

18. thranax profile image72
    thranaxposted 14 years ago

Mine stay pretty consent all the time. Although sadly a few hubs get very low traffic from since they were released a long time ago.

~thranax~

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
Necessary
HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
Features
Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
Marketing
Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
Statistics
Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)