Has anyone been accepted into the eBay Partner Network recently?

Jump to Last Post 1-15 of 15 discussions (22 posts)
  1. Fawntia profile imageSTAFF
    Fawntiaposted 14 years ago

I am trying to update HubPages' step-by-step instructions for joining eBay, and I'm looking for some help from the community. Has anybody recently (within the last couple of weeks) applied to eBay and been accepted? If you have, and you'd be willing to help me and others Hubbers who will be applying in the future, please contact me (either by replying to this message or via my profile). Mainly I will need to know what the acceptance email said and what steps you had to take to complete the process. Thanks!

1. NGRIA Bassett profile image59
      NGRIA Bassettposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Thought it was me. Just cannot seem to complete the process. Ebay, whatever!!!

2. Glenn Stok profile image96
      Glenn Stokposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Fawntia, I did a thorough review and wrote a detailed Hub about it. I hope this is helpful to the HubPages community...http://hubpages.com/t/e4d1d

2. Helen Cater profile image61
    Helen Caterposted 14 years ago

This has been hopeless. I think they are no longer accepting hubbers. The process was so confusing I just gave up in the end. Good luck cause I think you will need it.

1. Ronaldos profile image61
      Ronaldosposted 14 years agoin reply to this

That explains it all Helen. Thank you ! I had a endless struggle and still not accepted.

3. profile image0
    ryankettposted 14 years ago

I have only seen rejections on the forums, havent even bothered trying myself. I am going to buy a domain, build up a micro site, and try it that way.... then use my ID for hubpages.

4. Helen Cater profile image61
    Helen Caterposted 14 years ago

Oh my Ryan that sounds complicated.

5. lrohner profile image69
    lrohnerposted 14 years ago

Ditto what Helen said. And Ryan, I got rejected when I applied using HP so applied using my highly ranked, well trafficked several year old blogs. Still got rejected.

1. profile image0
      ryankettposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Was the blog hosted with somebody like Blogger though? They have taken a dislike to sites such as blogger, hubpages, etc.... do you have private hosting etc for your blog?

1. lrohner profile image69
        lrohnerposted 14 years agoin reply to this

I've tried with HP, blogger blog and owned domain site.

1. profile image0
          ryankettposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Oh ok, I guess its just the financial climate. Adsense have cut down a lot too, basically not giving accounts to anybody outside of North America and Europe. In fairness, I am all for my share of the pie being protected by adsense, so I guess that the same applies for those that are already with ebay.

I think that hubpages needs to find another affiliate network if possible, Kontera and Ebay are dead options for most for different reason.... and that leaves just Adsense and an Amazon which has removed its 24 hour cookies!

I cross my fingers that adsense continues smoothly, else I am out of her unfortunately....

6. profile image49
    badcompany99posted 14 years ago

Got turned down both by hubs and my domain site.

7. 2uesday profile image65
    2uesdayposted 14 years ago

Thank you for posting about this, I'm going to give up trying to sign up to it now I've read this. Wasted so much time trying to get the Ebay unique verifier to work in the Hubpages page for submitting it. I keep getting told I have n't got the correct amount of characters in the code. Thanks again.

8. Marisa Wright profile image86
    Marisa Wrightposted 14 years ago

I've been wondering about this too.

I was already an eBay affiliate when the rules changed, but I decided to verify my domains anyway.  I had no trouble verifying my own domains.

However, for some reason I had trouble getting the HubPages verification to work - so I followed eBay's instructions and added a note to explain why I hadn't verified it yet.

Next day, I got an email from eBay Customer Service, telling me I wasn't allowed to verify HubPages because it didn't belong to me, and therefore contravened their rules.

That worried me, but I went through the HubPages verification process again and this time it worked - so I stopped worrying.  However it was obvious from the email, that the message that HubPages and Squidoo have a "special deal" has NOT got through to the minions on the Customer Service desk.

If new applicants have to go through a manual approval process by these guys, they may be getting rejected simply because the clerical staff don't realise it's allowed.

9. Fawntia profile imageSTAFF

I'm told that we are still waiting on a decision from eBay about how things are going to work from now on. Until that's settled, it might be best for new users to hold off on applying to eBay. I apologize to anyone who has been frustrated by this.

1. macbeth25 profile image59
      macbeth25posted 14 years agoin reply to this

I received this reply and don't know what to do next.  I don't have my own website, yet.  Can I use HUBpages?

From: eBay Partner Network [mailto:noreply@eBayPartnerNetwork.com]
      Sent: Tuesday, September 15, 2009 4:02 PM
      To: bevmacent@windstream.net
      Subject: Confirm your eBay Partner Network domains

Dear John McCoy,
      We require you to confirm ownership of the domains that you will drive traffic from within 72 hours.

The process is easy:

Create a plain text file from a text editor and in the contents put only your unique identifier (provided below).
      Save the file as 'epndomain.txt'.
      Upload the file to the base directory of each of your domains that you would like to register.
      Example: If your website is www.ebay.com, your file would be located in http://www.ebay.com/epndomain.txt.
      Visit the Domain Confirmation Page when your domains are ready to be validated and click on the 'Confirm Domains' button.
      Our system will look for the file and your unique identifier and confirm appropriately. Don't worry if you have additional domains that you'd like to add, as you will be able to add them in the future if you are accepted into the network.

Unique Identifier: xn9okdLRfG8NtilzfO+lMA==

If you cannot confirm ownership of your domains, we provide an area to provide a reason on the Domain Confirmation Page linked above.

Thank you,

The eBay Partner Network Team

If clicking on the link above does not work, copy and paste the following URL into a browser:
      https://publisher.ebaypartnernetwork.co … lang=en-US

eBay Partner Network sent this email to you at bevmacent@windstream.net because you are registered on the eBay Partner Network. eBay Partner Network sends this email based on the preferences you set for your account. To unsubscribe from this email change your notification preferences in your eBay Partner Network account. Visit the Network Agreement and eBay Partner Network Privacy Policy if you have any questions.

Copyright (c) 2009 eBay Partner Network Inc. All Rights Reserved. Designated trademarks and brands are the property of their respective owners. eBay and the eBay Logo are trademarks of eBay Inc. eBay Partner Network is located at 2145 Hamilton Ave, San Jose, CA 95125.

10. Eaglekiwi profile image74
    Eaglekiwiposted 14 years ago

Well I was halfway through applying ,but cant remember the phone number I used when I first registered so basically Im screwed.

I just dont use Ebay ,no point adverts appearing on my page if they wont let me on theirs!

11. Sara Tonyn profile image60
    Sara Tonynposted 14 years ago

I just received my rejection email on the 14th. Based on what I'd read from fellow hubbers I wasn't surprised at the snub. But I wish I'd been given a specific reason or reasons for it. What they sent instead is what looks to me like an all-purpose form letter stating:

"There are a number of reasons why your eBay Partner Network application may have been declined. Some of these include:"

The list of possible reasons that follows is vague and of no help.

The biggest clue I found was in the closing paragraph which addresses any request for re-review. The key sentence being:

"Requests that contain no new information about your promotional methods will not be reconsidered."

So "promotional methods" may be the big sticking point. Dunno if that's a hint that HubPages isn't an acceptable method or if eBay just didn't like my particular wording re "promotional methods".

12. blaise25 profile image73
    blaise25posted 14 years ago

yeah I'm confuse too why eBay still disapproves...I never thought many hubbers were dispproved too

13. Fawntia profile imageSTAFF

macbeth24, you can follow the instructions here.

Unfortunately, we are hearing from a lot of people that eBay hasn't been accepting many applications lately, probably because they are in the middle of changing the rules that govern their affiliate program. We are advising people to hold off on applying to eBay for the time being, but you can certainly still try if you want.

14. Michael Willis profile image68
    Michael Willisposted 14 years ago

Hello Fawntia
    Is there anyone else that Hubpages could affliate with other than EBAY? Since they are being jerks about accepting hubbers...why not find a better site if available to help us be able to make money from ads. If Ebay refuses your membership, why not refuse them? It costs ebay money also if you blackball them! If Ebay cannot advertise on Hubpages( by accepting hub members) they lose marketing and a venue to make money!Fair is fair!

15. mkott profile image66
    mkottposted 14 years ago

Hello Fawntia and fellow hubbers,

I agree with Michael on this.  Ebay was etremely rude to me and I kept my cool until this morning.  I had applied 3 months ago and never finished my application because it was a little confusing.  Tried to re-apply and it turned out to be one big hassle.  I told them up front what I was trying to do and that Hubpages was the site I would be using.  7 e-mails (total of 15) later they tell me that they went over my app and rejected it.  Which is ironic since the application was never completed the first time.

Even if this issue with them is resolved, I for one will not have anything to do with them.  If they had at least been considerate it wouldn't be an issue of joining later when things are resolved.  If I handle my customers like that I would be fired.

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
Necessary
HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
Features
Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
Marketing
Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
Statistics
Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)