Is it wrong for a women for a women to call herself sexy?

Jump to Last Post 1-29 of 29 discussions (57 posts)
  1. profile image64
    Michael Achillesposted 14 years ago

NO.

1. dutchman1951 profile image60
      dutchman1951posted 14 years agoin reply to this

A agree, No it is not wrong.

If you are threatend by a confident woman, expressing herself, the re-evaluate yourself first!

and- Picture aside...you judge her by what she does, not what is said. Then keep it to yourself!

Jon

2. profile image0
      sandra rinckposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Did you mean is it wrong for women to call other women sexy? 

I call my bf sexy all the time!  Though, why would it be wrong for a woman to call herself sexy?  If she thinks she is sexy then more power to her. big_smile

2. Real Estate Lady profile image61
    Real Estate Ladyposted 14 years ago

Wrong? I don't know if it's wrong. A lot of women do it. It's disgusting. Half of them are far from sexy.

3. Colebabie profile image60
    Colebabieposted 14 years ago

No, but its better if her man/woman does. smile

4. profile image64
    Michael Achillesposted 14 years ago

It must be obvious that I stutter now...

5. profile image0
    sneakorocksolidposted 14 years ago

It's fine as long as she doesn't wake me up to discuss it.

1. Colebabie profile image60
      Colebabieposted 14 years agoin reply to this

I don't get it. Why would she do that?

1. profile image0
        sneakorocksolidposted 14 years agoin reply to this

I know by looking at my picture you might want me to sleep in the other room but, when I was young I was a machine! If she happens to be in a mood she may want to know why my machine has siezed up. If I get too comfortable I can sleep anytime anywhere.

Let me see if I got this. She gets annoyed that you sleep rather than have sex? I can understand her frustration. Not sure what this has to do with calling her sexy or her thinking she's sexy. But if the whole sleeping thing works for you guys then no prob. But if not, may I suggest a cup of coffee before chacha night?

1. profile image0
            Leta Sposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Cover your ears, Cole.  OOOOooo.  Bad advertisement for an engaged person!  wink

2. loveofnight profile image75
      loveofnightposted 14 years agoin reply to this

that is so funny....lol

3. Paradise7 profile image70
      Paradise7posted 14 years agoin reply to this

Good one, sneakrocksolid. 

Seriously, why not call herself sexy if she's feeling sexy?  Call herself blue when she's feeling blue.  Call herself competent when she does something well.  Call herself talented when she creates a work of art.

Call her shrink when somebody finds fault with her for calling herself sexy.

big_smile big_smile big_smile cool

1. myownworld profile image73
        myownworldposted 14 years agoin reply to this

trust paradise to put it so well! I completely agree! smile

6. Dark knight rides profile image59
    Dark knight ridesposted 14 years ago

Not at all. The only person that needs to be happy and satisfied is her, so she should see herself as being sexy, no matter what any one else says. After all she's the one that has to look in the mirror everyday, better she can look and see the beauty that's there.

7. Colebabie profile image60

Who's engaged?

1. profile image0
      Leta Sposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Thought YOU were.  You are not?  Oh!  smile

Nope not engaged. Been with my boyfriend for four years though smile

1. Misha profile image63
          Mishaposted 14 years agoin reply to this

May be it was Sneako? wink

Oh, and to answer the title question - NO. smile

8. Pearldiver profile image69
    Pearldiverposted 14 years ago

It is far more appealing if she says it in Spanish.
    "Te Quero... Te Quero!"  yikes

9. Colebabie profile image60

Do you mean "Te Quiero!"?

1. Pearldiver profile image69
      Pearldiverposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Thank you Hot Tub....... I was emphasising the stutter lol

10. lous55 profile image58
    lous55posted 14 years ago

They have the right to call themselves whatever they want to despite there looks/Weight/Height/etc smile

11. Hi-Jinks profile image61
    Hi-Jinksposted 14 years ago

A woman may appreciate the beauty of another, but it is unspoken.
    If there is a step further, one may touch the other.

12. profile image0

send me a picture.

13. Wonder_Woman profile image58
    Wonder_Womanposted 14 years ago

I think its sexy when a girl thinks shes sexy without having to compare herself to another women or putting another women down.

14. Lee Boolean profile image59
    Lee Booleanposted 14 years ago

sexy is a state of mind... so is unsexy, the most beautiful woman sitting on the couch with her cozy pants, curlers and doritos probably does not feel sexy at that time.

15. azraelsbane profile image61
    azraelsbaneposted 14 years ago

I reserve the right to call myself sexy...but I'm much more likely to call someone else sexy because honestly, I look at other people a lot more than I look at myself smile

16. profile image0

All women are sexy in their own way. I find a more average woman way more sexy than a beautiful woman that has an attitude.
    Its not just how you look it's your mind set be happy with who you are and it shines through to everyone around you.

17. myownworld profile image73
    myownworldposted 14 years ago

if it gives her happiness, why not? it's actually FEELING sexy that's important....

1. profile image0
      sandra rinckposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Bingo!

2. profile image0
      bloodnlatexposted 14 years agoin reply to this

there is nothing wrong with that, I actually encourage it! It makes them feel glorious about themselves.

well, nothing like a man making a woman feel sexy...now...THAT'S the real thing I'd say.... wink

1. profile image0

Exactly!  By the way, your picture is stunning!

hmm...now are u trying to make me feel sexy??
            (that's my laptop cam...taken last week...I could've done with a smile I think..next time perhaps!)

1. profile image0

Indeed!  Well Have a great night (Try to get a bit of sleep too).  It's time for me to ramble on.

lol..will do....u better disappear before they ban us together for hijacking every thread we go to!  have a good one...will compare notes soon... wink

2. Wonder_Woman profile image58
                Wonder_Womanposted 14 years agoin reply to this

hey she has work to do when she gets home wink

18. profile image56
    franki79posted 14 years ago

If calling your self sexy,,, Then I'm wrong. I'm as wrong as wrong can be.
      And I don't wantta be right.

Franki

19. profile image0
    Poppa Bluesposted 14 years ago

A woman should never call herself sexy. She should however be unafraid to project that image and expect to be complimented with that term!

1. Black Lilly profile image59
      Black Lillyposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Totally agreed wink
      A man has to say it, not a woman.

Sexy = attractive to the opposite sex. Very simple.
      And sometimes what a woman considers to be sexy is soooo different from man's oppinion.

By the way, as much as I've figured out - nearly all compliments received from men mean the same, SEXY. That means attractive - though such words as "gorgeous" or "absolutely stunning" might be perceived as a safer option to express attraction.

20. profile image0
    LEWJposted 14 years ago

Is it wrong for a woman to call herself sexy?    Only if she's NOT sexy!

1. GoldiString profile image59
      GoldiStringposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Haha!.. now that's a wake up call! smile

2. drej2522 profile image68
      drej2522posted 14 years agoin reply to this

hahaha...nice!

21. Cagsil profile image70
    Cagsilposted 14 years ago

It is insanity for a women to call themselves beautiful.

As the old saying goes- beauty is in the eye of the beholder.

The beholder is the one who sees the beauty in a woman.

A woman telling herself she is beautiful is bias. And, gives one a false self-confidence, aside from truth.

I've seen many women consider them beautiful. Yet, she wouldn't be able to get anyone to agree with her.

By asking- do you think I am beautiful? It defeats the purpose of true beauty.

Being beautiful can be instantly recognized by self(through love for oneself and acceptance of one's appearance).

True beauty only exists in the eyes of the beholder.

22. profile image0
    LEWJposted 14 years ago

But the word in question, my friend, was  'SEXY',  not beautiful.
    There are many beautiful women who are'nt sexy, and many sexy women who are'nt beautiful.
    There's of course an idealistic view of the subject, a sort of purist view as you express, my good friend Cagsil.    Not to argue with you, but all purism aside---I say she's only  "wrong"  to say she's something if in fact she's really not that.   Let her call herself whatever she wants; so long as she really is that, it's fine by me!

1. Cagsil profile image70
      Cagsilposted 14 years agoin reply to this

But you missed the point- beauty has to be a part of sexy, because you cannot have sexy with out beauty.

You cannot have an ugly woman be sexy- it's impossible.

If you can find sexy inside/outside of a woman without actually having beauty- then it is apparent that you've had too much to drink.

No offense.

1. profile image0
        LEWJposted 14 years agoin reply to this

It's actually only apparent that we disagree, and that you're taking your opinion too seriously. And who's to say that a beholder other than she might not be just as biased but in the wrong direction?    'Tis no big matter to me, but in spite of your personal feelings on the subject, I still say she's wrong only if she says she's sexy but ain't.  Case closed!
        GoldiString and dre2522,  I think you get the picture.  Ha Ha....

23. caravalhophoto profile image59
    caravalhophotoposted 14 years ago

The question is: is it wrong for a woman to call herself sexy?

I believe you are what you feel you are and no one can tell you any different, however there seem to be people who like to make you feel less than you are and it's usually because they need to bring themselves up.

24. sannyasinman profile image60
    sannyasinmanposted 14 years ago

I found three definitions of "sexy"
    - concerned predominantly or excessively with sex
    - sexually interesting or exciting; radiating sexuality
    - excitingly appealing; glamorous

which one are you? (or make your own definition).

Also, I don't think its a matter of how you feel, more the effect you think your appearance will have on the observer.

Can you be sexy all alone on a desert island with no one to see you?

25. caravalhophoto profile image59
    caravalhophotoposted 14 years ago

When I feel sexy, I exude it... in other words I become in myself more sexy, more confident, more glamorous...I feel that, I bring it out of myself.

When I feel like shit( I'm not talking sick), I exude that...in other words I am wearing sweats, no make up, really do not care about my appearence and there is nothing sexy about the way I look.

You exude what you feel...if you feel sexy, you become sexy. 

Can I be sexy all alone on a desert island with no one to see me? Absolutely...my sexiness isn't dependent on someone elses opinion, it is how I feel about me.

1. profile image0
      Crazdwriterposted 14 years ago

I don't think I am sexy but my husband calls me that all the time...that is his nickname for me big_smile
      and no it's not wrong I guess....

2. Tamarii2 profile image58
      Tamarii2posted 14 years ago

A woman can call herself whatever she wants.Even if she wants to create a new word for sexy.She can start a dictionary term for sexy with a different meaning.She can write a book and change our whole out look on the word.So it's not wrong.Let her out the box.

1. Black Lilly profile image59
        Black Lillyposted 14 years agoin reply to this

hm... ok. If I say that from now on new word for sexy is nuclear, and I start telling everyone how nuclear I am... don't you think people will just call me mental? big_smile

and to let the woman out of the box you have to stuff her into one first wink

2. profile image0
        LEWJposted 14 years agoin reply to this

SO RIGHT!--big_smile

3. Rayalternately profile image59
      Rayalternatelyposted 14 years ago

sexy is a state of mind, not a physical condition.

Anyone can feel sexy and should do whenever the mood takes them. You're all sexy, you just have to want to be! big_smile

4. Black Lilly profile image59
      Black Lillyposted 14 years ago

looks like we have a few definitions for sexy: as a state of mind (you just feel sexy, and that's it) and as a reaction from oposite sex (how they see you, what might be different from the first).
      I think that even if I feel a super-sex-bomb inside, it does not matter, if others do not see me the same way.

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
    Necessary
    HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
    LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
    Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
    AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
    HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
    HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
    Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
    CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
    Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
    Features
    Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
    Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
    Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
    Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
    Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
    VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
    PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
    Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
    MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
    Marketing
    Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
    Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
    Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
    SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
    Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
    Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
    AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
    OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
    Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
    TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
    Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
    Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
    Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
    Statistics
    Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
    ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
    Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
    ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)