Drama...We don't want no Drama.

Jump to Last Post 1-11 of 11 discussions (14 posts)
  1. manlypoetryman profile image82
    manlypoetrymanposted 14 years ago

Well...that's not really true...some drama in our life gives us purpose...keeps us entertained...etc. This posting is inspired by the drama...that goes on here. I don't want to make too big a deal out of it...apologies are being said in another post...this really has to do with a more "Kumbayah"inspired feeling...guitar playing around a bonfire type...everyone sharing a laugh...kind of a post. Drop in here...and let some of your positives be said...or make a point...or say three things about yourself. Really...life's to short to not make the most of it...and we really have some cool "Writing-type" people on the Forums here...IMHO... smile

[A tangent point comes to my mind...Just out of the Blue: In one of the Houston Oilers (Old NFL Football team) best seasons...which ultimately turned out to be the worst. The Coach for the Defense was asked by a reporter (something like this-don't remember exactly), "You know you have players saying things about each other, the coaches don't get along, rumor has it if ya'll don't make it this season the entire coaching staff will be let go, the quarterback will get traded, and one of your players has just committed suicide...What do you think about all this?" The coach replied: (Again...don't remember exactly how he said it) "Sounds like a normal football season to me..." Point is...There will always be DRAMA!]

2. manlypoetryman profile image82

I'll go first...3 things about me: I like old tractors...I like the great out of doors...and I am like writing...! (Wish I had time to write all day long!)

Having Fun Writing...that's all!

http://pub.tv2.no/multimedia/na/archive/00212/fergie__Black_Eyed__212683c.jpg

"Drama...Drama! You don't want no Drama" A favorite line from one of the Black-Eyed Peas songs ("My Humps")...We use this line at my work...everyday!

3. Uninvited Writer profile image79
    Uninvited Writerposted 14 years ago

http://i165.photobucket.com/albums/u79/Sukeep/Drama_Llama.jpg

4. Virgoman profile image57
    Virgomanposted 14 years ago

lololololololoo

5. tantrum profile image61
    tantrumposted 14 years ago

Drama is 'cool', if you can have a laugh at it !

I love forum drama big_smile
    [url=http://planetsmilies.net]

manlypoetrymanposted 14 years agoin reply to this

"Drama...Drama! We don't want no Drama...eeeuuuurrrppp!!!

6. manlypoetryman profile image82

http://www.wcbc.org/Resources/bonfire2.jpeg

yikes yikes yikes yikes"Kumbayahh....Kumbayahhh...!"yikes yikes yikes yikes

7. Lisa HW profile image61
    Lisa HWposted 14 years ago

I'm the first to admit that I find some of the drama that goes on here very entertaining (SOME - not all).  smile  There was some big drama that went on here months ago, and it involved a few people fighting with other people, who didn't even know what was going on, throwing in completely unrelated remarks "whenever".   I don't even remember the thread or who was involved, but it had a very funny "insane asylum" flavor to it because of the bizarre combination of "contributions".  lol

Sometimes, though, the drama isn't the least bit entertaining.  This is an online forum.  Offline, real, life so often has more drama than most of us care to have; forum drama is just kind of hard to fathom.  There are people starving to death in the world, people with sick children, people with awful diseases, wars, and on and on and on.  It's hard to imagine why anyone would take anything that goes on in online forums very seriously.  For the most part, there's a nice online community here.  Some people have more "real" friendships than others, but those who do have those friendships away from the forums.  I don't think too many people want forums to be nothing but cake recipes, gardening talk, and happy stories about cute babies; in fact, it's the mix of personalities that make the posts entertaining.  My only point is that when that mix doesn't mix very well people shouldn't take such things too seriously.

There's a whole offline world around this Internet; and besides those big, serious, problems (and even horrors) that go on in it, there are cakes, sweet babies, beautiful gardens, love, laughter, potpourri, and a zillion other great things (big and small) that make life real and worth living.  Online forums where people get to have a little discussion or share a laugh with others from around the world can be among those small, but nice, things in life; but people shouldn't forget how small a thing forums are in the grand scheme.  We should get whatever enjoyment we do from participating and overlook the stuff that - really - isn't worth spinning wheels over.

That's my "Kumbaya" post.  Here's some daisies (and a baby) to go with it:   (How "Kumbaya" can anything be?   smile  )

http://i251.photobucket.com/albums/gg294/mollyann-album/daisies.jpg

manlypoetrymanposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Liked your "Kumbaya" post smile !

8. tantrum profile image61
    tantrumposted 14 years ago

This is my 'kumbaya' post !
    Whatever that is ! lol
    (what's a kumbaya? I'm not english and don't know)

9. Lisa HW profile image61

Tantrum,

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kumbaya

(The short story, outside of Wikipedia, is it was a song a lot of people sang in the 70's, including people at Catholic "folk masses"; and it's kind of all about brotherhood and God.  I guess it's really spelled, "Kum ba ya" .  People pretty much kind of make fun of it these days.  lol  You can hear it on YouTube, if you were to be so inclined...)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vo9AH4vG2wA

(Think:  "Sitting around a campfire and singing.")

1. tantrum profile image61
      tantrumposted 14 years agoin reply to this

thank for the info ! smile I think i'll pass big_smile

10. Lisa HW profile image61

Tantrum, I would too if I were you.  (There's a reason everyone makes fun of "Kumbaya"  lol  )

11. manlypoetryman profile image82

Yo tantrum...that's cool...do your thing, man...Peace Out!

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
Necessary
HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
Features
Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
Marketing
Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
Statistics
Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)