When You Suffer An Injustice***How Do You Respond

Jump to Last Post 1-33 of 33 discussions (67 posts)
  1. profile image0
    Rick Marlowposted 14 years ago

Do You Turn The Other Cheek or Do You Seek Revenge?

1. prettydarkhorse profile image61
      prettydarkhorseposted 14 years agoin reply to this

I will seek the proper forum to address it, and let the people pay for it, hoping it will givwe them a lesson and wouldnt do it to anybody.....

2. starme77 profile image77
      starme77posted 14 years agoin reply to this

well, revenge is a strong word, in seeking revenge one comes close to being on the same level and do 2 wrongs make a right? I would say I don't seek revenge, but more set out to right the wrong against me in a reasonable fashion. Just walking away and turning the other cheek is why this country is in such horrible shape, people should speak up for themselves, but in a less angry way

3. NewHorizons profile image80
      NewHorizonsposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Some time ago I was walking with my brother and we met a man who nodded to us and I saluted back.  My brother looked at me surprised and said,"Do you still talk to that man?" And I said, "Well yes, why not?"  My brother grew serious and replied,"Have you forgotten the harm and the worry he has caused you, you told me so yourself, once." And I said, "Oh, I have forgotten all about it".
      This is the way I usually react when people do me wrong.  Forgive and forget, that's my motto.  And this in my opinion is a primary ingredient for a peaceful and healthy existence.

Negative thoughts which bring me 'down' and make me sour have no place in my mind and heart - - or at least I strive to clear them away.

4. profile image0
      Brenda Durhamposted 14 years agoin reply to this

This is a difficult one to explain.
      I don't seek revenge.  That belongs to the Lord.

But there are two different interpretations of "turning the other cheek".
      It can mean simply not taking vengeance.

I think it's totally possible to turn the other cheek while still seeking and/or demanding justice, not revenge.

1. Mark Knowles profile image58
        Mark Knowlesposted 14 years agoin reply to this

LOL

Interesting how jeebus meant "keep fighting," when he said "turn the other cheek." LOLOLOL

1. profile image0
          Brenda Durhamposted 14 years agoin reply to this

And interesting also is your pet name for Jesus (I assume you meant Jesus anyway).   Do you not take Him seriously?

There are different ways to "fight" also.

You have much to learn, perhaps?

There's an interesting tidbit of history about how the Roman soldiers smote people on one cheek,  and what the response to that smiting meant by turning the other cheek.   It rings true to me.   Maybe others can bring you up to speed on that.   I'm actually on my way to .... (gasp) doing some things needed around the house.

I do not think I have much to learn from such as yourself. I have no troubling understanding what "turn the other cheek," means.

You on the other hand seem to think it was said by Jeebus and means "keep on fighting." lol

No doubt you can invent quite a few Roman soldier stories to back that up. lol

You have an awful lot to learn. I can teach you how badly you have misunderstood Jesus' message of peace and non-conflict if you like.

Of course I do not take Jeebus seriously. People like you speak for jeebus, and are therefore not worth taking serious.

You are the type who cannot keep their ridiculous beliefs out of any conversation.

Jesus is an ideal not an actual person. wink

2. profile image0
          Madame Xposted 14 years agoin reply to this

I guess the subtle difference escapes you . . .

I suspect I am just not open minded enough. wink

1. profile image0

Ok. Do you think it possible to seek justice without hating the person over whom you seek that justice? For myself, if someone wrongs me in whatever way I believe to be "wrong", then I am entitled to legal redress, if legally possible. To involve myself with hating them will only defeat my purpose to think clearly enough to "win my case".

So, on one hand I am seeking justice and on the other I have turned the other cheek.

I have no problem with "justice". But revenge will only bring more trouble.

Just my opinion smile

1. Cagsil profile image70
                Cagsilposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Justice is revenge disguised by mankind's own arrogance.

To 'hate' is too strong of description, depending what is considered to be the injustice. You might not like the action(injustice) against you, but doesn't warrant 'hatred' for that person.

To 'hate' another person requires you put aside all other rational feelings and dwell on what the injustice which happened, and doing that....is only detrimental to your own life via unhealthy thoughts, stress and a flood of other emotional, such as confusion.

1. profile image0

In your opinion. Sometimes to let an injustice "go by" is a bigger injustice.

1. tksensei profile image61
                    tksenseiposted 14 years agoin reply to this

That's a very good point.

2. tksensei profile image61

So, anything but anarchy is "arrogance"?

3. Daniel Carter profile image63
                  Daniel Carterposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Arrogance originates with the perpetrator believing he is somehow "entitled" to perpetrated the offending event. Therefore, I believe your premise may be a little flawed about justice being a form of arrogance.

Hate is a real issue in most of these kinds of events, but is really a secondary issue, and has no real relevance to the root of the issue. Therefore, it seems more intelligent and rational to stick to the original issue. Hate is a cop out. It serves no purpose. Aren't we at war because of this? When will the real issues be addressed when hate is hot in every body's mouth?

Further, to simply turn the other cheek and *assume* the offender will "repent" is naivete at its best, to me. To allow another person to continue to perpetrate injustices is called ENABLING. That persons feels justified because no one is stopping him and he has the go ahead to continue.

To stop injustice is not arrogance to me. It's about stopping the enabling of wrongful entitlement to continue perpetrating injustices.

2. Mark Knowles profile image58

Ah well - If you are able to distinguish between the two then you are a better person than I.

But that is not what the question was. It was "do you turn the other cheek or do you seek revenge."

One man's justice is another man's revenge - neither of which involve "turning the other cheek."

1. profile image0

Then the original question is flawed, because it leaves out a very viable and important option.

5. alekhouse profile image73
      alekhouseposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Neither one. I deal with it head on in a way appropriate to the injustice. Then let it go.

6. QuirkyPearl profile image60
      QuirkyPearlposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Rick I have a slight variation of your question.
      I would change your question from When You Suffer An Injustice**** How Do You Respond, do you turn the other cheek or do you seek revenge?

to

When You Suffer An Injustice**** Do you Respond? or React?

I can only speak from personal experience, having contemplated this subject and although at first glance they appear to mean the same, I think these two words are worlds apart.

My findings? When a human being 'reacts' to an Injustice it's  like a fight or flight animalistic instinct triggers inside of us, or we deal with it in our heads, the actions that follow our thought process in a state of reacting are often, destructive.

When a human being 'responds' to an Injustice, an awareness of the natural urge is acknowledged, therefore, we have a handle on something that otherwise has a free reign, once we have a handle on that and take it from head space to heart space where there is no room for the ego to play, the actions that follow as a result of responding are often, peaceful.

We always have a choice. My choice is to respond.

1. rebekahELLE profile image86
        rebekahELLEposted 14 years agoin reply to this

I'm surprised that it took this many posts to see the word 'ego' come into play which is more what injustice and revenge are about. Ego is power and control and the urge is to make it bigger and protect it sometimes overlooking what the injustice really is.  responding to a perceived injustice is about taking responsibility and making the appropriate choices, which sometimes is nothing. my dad used to always say, 'if you can change the situation, change it, if not, forget it and move on.'

7. tantrum profile image59
      tantrumposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Seek revenge

2. profile image0
    Justine76posted 14 years ago

I turn the other cheek. soemetimes its hard,(like, family?) and when I suffer injustice after injustice at the hands of the smame person, I think..its thier loss...and I walk away...
    when I love soemone. I love them(not necissarily romantic love)  thats it. They cant make me unlove them. I might not trust them, I might not got to them for help, but if they need me, im here.

3. profile image0
    Go Writerposted 14 years ago

It depends on the injustice.

If it's something I know I will have no control over, I let it go. If it's something I do have control over yet it would be rendered pointless to the transgressor, I turn the other cheek. He will eventually reap what he sows, or better, he learns from his error and changes his ways.

If the transgressor consistently and willingly continues his injustice without any intention to change and enjoys my suffering from it, I kick his ass.

1. Paradise7 profile image69
      Paradise7posted 14 years agoin reply to this

Good one, Go Writer.

I have the patience at times to turn the other cheek, or ignore it, or let time pass.  At other times I don't have the patience for that and speak out.  The question I always ask is, "Why?  Why do you want to do something or say something that is so unfair?  Doesn't your own sense of right and wrong get back to you from behind and thump your head?"

4. earnestshub profile image80
    earnestshubposted 14 years ago

I do not seek revenge. I deal with it when it happens. If I lose, I cop it OK.

5. Cagsil profile image70
    Cagsilposted 14 years ago

Injustice?

I move on.

6. wychic profile image84
    wychicposted 14 years ago

It all depends. Currently I am in a situation where I have suffered one injustice after another, but I can not walk away or stop fighting. Unfortunately, there is nothing to do but keep pulling every possible string and hoping the justice system will one day live up to its name. Revenge would lead to prison, though I can't pretend I don't wish his heart would just explode or something.

7. breakfastpop profile image64
    breakfastpopposted 14 years ago

I don't turn the other cheek and I don't seek revenge. I do, however, try to meet the problem head on and correct it. If I am dealing with a maniac who can't listen to reason then I let it go, along with the person who caused the problem in the first place. Life is too precious to waste on insanity.

8. profile image0
    Sarra Garrettposted 14 years ago

It's not worth your time or energy to seek revenge for an injustice.  Life is too short, keep quiet and walk the other way. Karma will take care of the problem.

9. Ivorwen profile image66
    Ivorwenposted 14 years ago

Complain to my husband and move on.  By venting I can see how silly the situation is or come up with a proactive solution for 'next time.'

10. repstrydiefly profile image65
    repstrydieflyposted 14 years ago

I try to turn the other cheek, or seek revenge through words without really putting people down. I don't believe in organized religion but I do believe that you should treat people like you would want to be treated. Anyway karma is real and like the moon whenever they wane it will still rotate back around to get waxed. That's some food for thought.

11. VENUGOPAL SIVAGNA profile image60
    VENUGOPAL SIVAGNAposted 14 years ago

I will analyse what went wrong with me... Am I responsible for the injustice?... If I think I was clean and it was injustice, I will respond by engaging four steps as per Hindu tradition.

(Sama, Bedha, Dhana, and Dhanda) Make peace, divide the opponents, bribe the opponents and punish the culprits.

12. profile image0
    Leta Sposted 14 years ago

I don't do either...seek revenge or turn the other cheek.  I try to change the situation, if it can be done.  Regardless of that, I seek to use anything or see anything in a positive way--ie, what can I learn, what can be gained from the situation.

13. mikelong profile image60
    mikelongposted 14 years ago

Toward injustice I see no revenge. I don't see how this word applies.

When someone close to me was the victim of a corrupted justice system I and others organized and stood up to the police and district attorney..

When I saw a program at a college campus committing acts of fraud I spoke at the academic senate and district council meetings and met with local media.

When my supervisor tried to write me up over nonsense because she wished to threaten my job I let her know, professionally, what my opinion of her views were. I didn't get written up.

I do my best to know what is technically legal and illegal while letting my own sense of judgment then work with and between the two.

I wish more people actively did so, at least in a socially beneficial way....

1. Friendlyword profile image61
      Friendlywordposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Very good advice. I now direct my anger toward the people that hurt me instead of inward. If you hurt me; I hurt you back. In court. I take your money. I dont knock you out and end up in jail myself. That's for stupid convicts with no clear way of thinking. I am a Torture Victim. I have to contain and deal with rage everyday of my life for the past 30 years. So the things people have done to me since then is greasy kid stuff. I laugh at people that think they can provoke me into violence or anything else that going to hurt me. I know just how far I can go. I am very creative with my words. I let you have it baby. I may even say a little too much once in awhile, but I have never been driven to retaliate with violence. You just hurt yourself more that way.

Thank you for further enfeebling society.

14. cmlindblom profile image71
    cmlindblomposted 14 years ago

i think you all need to see the movie law obiding citizen it shows the most rediculous way to deal with it... great movie though

15. myownworld profile image74
    myownworldposted 14 years ago

if it's directed towards someone you love, especially a child, one can't help but fight back....

16. Daniel Carter profile image63
    Daniel Carterposted 14 years ago

Revenge seems to just make the situation worse. Protecting yourself is fair. That's a given, to me. Not striking back isn't always about turning the other cheek, but it may be a way of not perpetuating something worse as well. There are ways of protecting yourself without striking back in most incidences. However, if forced to strike as a way of protection, then I believe you need to strike once and win hard.

Turning the other cheek, to me, really only applies on the premise that both parties are acting mutually favorably to each other, and one of those parties has made a mistake. If the mistake creates remorse in the perpetrator, then I think turning the other cheek could have some merit. If however, it's a deception to open your opponent's vulnerabilities to bring him down, then you don't have much choice but to protect yourself.

Turning the other cheek is a lovely sentiment. In the real world it isn't always possible. Iraq and Afganistan come to mind.

1. profile image0
      elliot.dunnposted 14 years agoin reply to this

i suppose it depends on the nature of the injustice.  i know in high school i found no want of "injustices" that were really just strikes against my sense of individuality.  personal offenses require turning your proverbial cheek; law punishes those who seek to take justice into their own hands.  yet, in the sense of corporate injustice, we, particularly as Americans, have a difficult time not fighting for our freedoms and rights.  government has the power to bring justice, not the individual. i agree with your points.

1. Daniel Carter profile image63

You make a good point, elliot. A sense of propriety comes with experience and maturity, I think. Not everyone, unfortunately, acts maturely or gains a sense of propriety about simple and/or small injustices. The shades of these are innumerable. Getting made fun of in gym class seems rather insignificant to ethnic cleansing, yet both can leave scars, some of which are permanent. So yes, your point makes good sense.

17. Flightkeeper profile image68
    Flightkeeperposted 14 years ago

There is more than one answer to an injustice other than letting it go or seeking revenge. I'd rather see what I can do to fix it or perhaps minimize the damage or turn it to my advantage.  Revenge is kind of something I'd resort to as a very last measure and then I'd have to think of how to get away with it.

18. Valerie F profile image60
    Valerie Fposted 14 years ago

I believe in justice and mercy, not retaliation. If an injustice only affects me, I'm big enough to let it go. However, if it doesn't I would consider myself a party to that injustice by allowing it to continue without doing anything to prevent it.

I also like the historical context that indicates turning the other cheek means more than nonresistance. It is a nonviolent assertion of one's equality.

Can any injustice affect only you?

1. Daniel Carter profile image63

Paradoxically, the injustice is all about the perpetrator. What makes it about you is what you put into it. In that regard, I think it's a lot like a droplet into the water, rippling out.

19. profile image0
    poetlorraineposted 14 years ago

I get so upset, don't seek revenge, and realise that in this world there is not much justice..... sad but i have found it to be true

1. manlypoetryman profile image81
      manlypoetrymanposted 14 years agoin reply to this

How true...that statement is..."in this world there is not much justice".

20. profile image0
    Kathryn LJposted 14 years ago

I wait.  If you wait long enough those being unjust get their come uppence.  There's nothing more satisfying than watching Karma in action.  Of course by gloating, your actually storing up bad karma yourself. Dam.

1. profile image0

HA HA! I don't think it's gloating to feel satisfied by justice being done smile

21. profile image0
    Kathryn LJposted 14 years ago

Quite but it might be a bit naughty to be caught grinning like a cheshire cat in the background.

1. profile image0

smile (cover your mouth) smile

2. wychic profile image84
      wychicposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Aw, dang it...you think maybe karma will just be busy with the other side for a while and I can gloat just a little? I have to say that in my own situation, the knowledge of what will happen to him when karma catches up (which it is, quite quickly) gets me through many rough days smile

22. Helen Cater profile image59
    Helen Caterposted 14 years ago

I have on many occasions wanted revenge on someone so bad that I would dream of ways to hurt them, as they hurt me. As I have gotten older, I realise that those people get their just rewards. Not by my hands, but by their own. Now if someone does wrong by me, I sit back safe in the knowledge that one day they will have their rewards by someone else who is also as nasty and hurtful as them. Karma is a great thing, and fate often deals a hand in righting any wrongs. I have yet to not see this happen, and the saying what goes around comes around is so true. When I find out about the unfortunate events, I just sit back and smile and think to myself....Good you got what you deserved.. Smug in the knowledge that I needed no revenge after all...Life will dish it's revenge however it see's fit.

23. Pearldiver profile image67
    Pearldiverposted 14 years ago

I Never Walk Away from an Injustice. That amounts to a Weakness of Character as far as I'm concerned; and certainly has Nothing to Do with Religion!!

If you Believe it is a Religious Issue... Here is an Example: An Injustice to a hungry man is his inability to feed himself. - I have experienced the apathy of 'Christian Values' a hundred times in my life! And a hundred times I have fed hungry men who those others would not!

In every other respect if you suffer an 'Injustice' Never Turn Away! Identify what it takes to rectify the situation and show the active party by being successful and Thanking them for the success that you gain in your life! To them; often your success is an injustice! big_smile

24. profile image0
    poetlorraineposted 14 years ago

your success is to them an injustice, but quite often they are not around to see it, and would not even  care if they were.  People who wrong others so badly, over and over again, only smart when they are wronged....

1. Pearldiver profile image67
      Pearldiverposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Oh believe me.... with the right words and actions, along with the emphasis on their insecurities.... they care all right. If it is their nature to do the same thing over and over again; then generally they are weaker through their insecurities than you. hmm

1. profile image0
        poetlorraineposted 14 years agoin reply to this

what if it is employers that care nothing of anyone....

25. caravalhophoto profile image60
    caravalhophotoposted 14 years ago

i'm usually stupid in the begining and cut off my nose to spite my face, it usually eats at me if I've been wronged.  After talking to a friend, crying it out and walking away.  I usually get screwed in the end someway, but Karma has been good to me and kicks them back in the ass when they least expect it.

26. Stimp profile image60
    Stimpposted 14 years ago

As some have said, it depends on the injustice.  I was just "nailed" on facebook by a "friend" who shared something I told her in confidence on my profile page.  What did I do.  I took the high rode and handled it diplomatically.  I sent her a message that was between us.  I did not lash out at her on a post for everyone to see....that just makes me look like and ass as well. 

At any rate, I just said, I think you handled this in an inappropriate manner.  It was my fault for making the mistake that I could trust you with my confidence.  I truly regret having bothered you with my issues.  It won't happen again. 

Guilt is the best "revenge" of all.  Not anger, not spite.

She is now apologetic and I'm not really having any of it.  I need to cool down before responding. 

This is just an example.  But I definitely have a hot temper, so I have to be careful not to fall into the trap of lowering myself to the wrong-doer's level.  Hold your head high, handle it logically, not EMOTIONALLY....or you risk making it worse.

27. BEAUTYBABE profile image67
    BEAUTYBABEposted 14 years ago

I fell out with my older sister  two years ago. She had not been speaking to the rest of the family due to a difference of opinion. When I tried to speak to her, to try and mend the broken bridges, she accused me of "being on their side" and therefore she wasn't speaking to me either,which I felt was so unfair as we grew up very close and discussed everything when we became teenagers. I am so sad because of this.`

I had no idea of course what was going on. She just accused me of siding with the rest of the family against her. I did ask
    her on several occasions, "what did I do", the answer was always
    the same.

My Psychiatrist advised me to give up because she is obviously
    having emotional problems and needs help, all the more. However,
    I tried three times to mend the bridges that had been broken, but
    it would always end up with her "SHOOTING ME DOWN IN FLAMES.
    I would be in tears, she would be cold and unfeeling.

I am praying that she will come back to the family who love her
    one day, as I know that deep down somewhere in her heart, she
    still harbours feelings for her family, I just pray its not too late for this family to come together again.

28. Beyond-Politics profile image73
    Beyond-Politicsposted 14 years ago

I tend to follow the practical approach, which comedian Paul Mooney summed up quite elegantly:  "To hell with 'No Justice, No Peace!' We get 'peace' when I get even."

29. The Rope profile image61
    The Ropeposted 14 years ago

I tend to "go silent" for awhile.  This allows me the time to really determine if it worth the effort to respond or if simply letting it go is best.  I find that 95% of the time, letting it go is the best response - but I've at least had my moments or days of anger which actually can be liberating in and of themselves.  But for the other 5%, I take appropriate action and yes, sad to say, sometimes it is enjoyable to see the outcome.

30. Jane@CM profile image60
    Jane@CMposted 14 years ago

If I sought revenge for every injustice toward me, I'd be knee deep in trouble.  No revenge on my part. I bottle it up, which isn't the best thing to do.  I try to journal about it, but it makes me angrier. I've learned what type of people are toxic in my life and have done my best to avoid them.

As far as my kids go, I've gone to the mat on more than one occasion, but kept my cool.

31. akirchner profile image92
    akirchnerposted 14 years ago

I think it all depends - I don't think revenge ever works for me so I gave it up decades ago!  It usually backfired onto me.  However, I try not to repeat the situation that led to it so that it doesn't bite me again. If it involves something that I can actually DO something about in a constructive way though, I do stand up and take care of it - make a fuss.  That isn't revenge - it is just smart policy in my humble opinion - example reporting something that was done in a less than professional manner in our medical community.  There is a good way to "fight back" and not feel like you just got reamed!

32. Manly Man profile image61
    Manly Manposted 14 years ago

I unleash my pit bull who rips their throat out!

33. garynew profile image60
    garynewposted 14 years ago

I prefer to inflict the injustice.

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
Necessary
HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
Features
Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
Marketing
Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
Statistics
Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)