All religion and man made philosophy have one thing in common

Jump to Last Post 1-38 of 38 discussions (152 posts)
  1. Thinkaboutit77 profile image72
    Thinkaboutit77posted 15 years ago

All religion and man made philosophies can not give the human heart peace about having a home in heaven immediately upon natural death. Why?

Room, what say ye?

Don't go off the subject, with ridicule, name calling or other nonsense. Just stick to this subject and answer the question if you can. Thank you

I'll be back in a little bit to weigh in myself.

1. profile image0
      sandra rinckposted 15 years agoin reply to this

If I am expecting a place in Heaven, then God makes room.  Who ever wants to can do the same.  smile

2. Marisa Wright profile image87
      Marisa Wrightposted 15 years agoin reply to this

The question is, why should the human heart feel the need to have a home in heaven?

Actually, I think many religions give people peace about having a home in heaven, but it may be misplaced.

3. Mark Knowles profile image59
      Mark Knowlesposted 15 years agoin reply to this

This is because there is no life after death as we know it and heaven does not exist. We know this in our true hearts and no matter how much we say we believe it, there is a clash of reasoning. This, in turn causes a massive in-balance in our psyche and many people are subconsciously forced to preach and try and persuade others to believe in whatever fiction is causing the internal confusion and strife thinking this will some how make their life more fulfilled and less empty.

If you just look deep inside you will discover the source of all this angst and no longer need to preach a false doctrine.

Oi be right zurprized oi foind zummun wot speks the proper englishe. Mar oi is nort unnerstandin thissum.

I will do as I please.

Any chance of using your own words instead of quotes from a 2,000 year old work of fiction or the pretentious use of olde english. Unless of course, you are actually reborn and have come to show us all there really is another life after death, in which case, what do you prefer, the smell of unwashed bodies or the smell of carbon monoxide?

I can hardly weight........

4. mohitmisra profile image61
      mohitmisraposted 15 years agoin reply to this

Only if you are thinking of god during your Death point will you go to heaven merge with god.
      If you have any other desires you will materialise  yourself in order to fulfill it.It is up to each individual soul.
      You must burn out your desires have no more wishes then the cycle gets complete.

All the Holy books do mention the possibility of paradise on death.

I am thy shield and thy exceedingly great reward.
      The Holy Bible

When we finally come to our senses we never return to this material world ,this painfull playground we mistakenly call home. 
      The Holy Bhagwat Gita

Unto Allah is your return and he is able to do all things.
      The Holy Quran

I have couplets in my book Ponder Awhile which suggest the same,

I know I am going to die soon ,
      That will be my biggest boon.

also
      When will you set me free,
      So that I can be with thee.

Poet Mohit.K.Misra

1. Paraglider profile image87
        Paragliderposted 15 years agoin reply to this

Mohit - This is quite astonishing. You cite four holy books in one breath. These are: the Bible, the Bhagavad Gita, the Quran, and Ponder Awhile by yourself. Well, I've read all of the first two, quite a lot of the third and several extracts from the fourth. I found three of them rich in history, mythology and poetry, though unconvincing as truth. (One in particular is exquisitely beautiful as poetry and invaluable, to me, in its philosophy). Another of them I found lacking in every department, though I didn't doubt its author's sincerity.

Please don't take this as a personal attack. But please learn a little humility so that we can engage you in reasonable discussion.

1. mohitmisra profile image61

Truth is truth doesnt matter where it comes from.

some reviews from two enlightened masters in Pune India.

This young man has written such a beautiful poetry book.I wonder how many poeple will really be able to understand and appreciate it.
          Kiran Baba-Enlightened One- Pune India

Beautiful poems a beautiful book.This book is full of diamonds.
          Swami Atmanand Vishnu-Enlightened One Pune India

1. Crash Jones profile image61
            Crash Jonesposted 15 years agoin reply to this

I Googled your "enlightened masters" .... should I be surprised that aside from one YouTube meditation flick from Kiran Baba (same one or not? ... I doubt it), there's not a jot of information regarding either?

I'll put on my surprised face.

Why do they need to be on the internet?

The fact that a newborn baby can be Googled within a day or two of its birth says something about the all-encompassing nature of the Internet.

The fact that your gurus don't show up likely indicates one of two things. Either they don't exist, or they're so insignificant or without followers as to not warrant any real credence.

And by the way you answered my post, I'm guessing there's more than a bit of truth behind one of the two explanations.

The fact is you have not read my book.
                  Little knowledge is dangerous as it leads to false assumptions.

These gurus are famous.

Poet Mohit.K.Misra

I've read what comes free ... Sorry, even the mark down price of $2.40 is a bit much based on "Truth" and "Mother Earth." There's no consistent rhythm to the poems. The grammar, when not faltering, is broken. The cliches are outnumbered by only the price ... in pennies.

Most importantly, after reading your posts on this site, it is evident that you are either insincere or far from being self-aware enough to dispense advice/dictum-esque lectures. Your poetry is renedered false of heart by what I have read here.

For instance, in "Truth" you write, "How am I to live in bliss?/When I stop myself from giving all a kiss."

Incorrect use of punctuation aside, you indicate here that it is right to embrace all mankind. You have embraced no one. You have shunned, mocked and condescended those who disagree with you. Even the people you don't like constitute the "all" you speak of in your poem.

Since you're into cliches, here's one for you - Practice what you preach.

ps - Reading your book won't prove your gurus famous.

2. Paraglider profile image87

Mohit - Thank you for responding. I have a couple of suggestions that I don't expect you to take seriously, but they are seriously offered:

1. Stop calling yourself Poet Mohit. Let others call you poet if they want. No real poet uses poet as a title.
            2. Submit some of your best work for publication by a respected poetry journal where it will be scrutinised 'blind' by an editorial panel in open competition with the work of many others. Let me know how you get on.
            3. My earlier suggestion - learn to practise a little humility as befits a holy man. Bombast is unbecoming in an enlightened one.

Good luck smile

1. Marisa Wright profile image87
              Marisa Wrightposted 15 years agoin reply to this

I second Paraglider's sentiments.

I have read some of your poetry Hubs.  Bear in mind that we can all be a little blind when it comes to the merit of our own work.  Humility is a virtue.

2. gamergirl profile image85
              gamergirlposted 15 years agoin reply to this

Paraglider said it best.

I am a full time poet have been for over five years what should I call myself ? Most do know I am a poet.
                Have been published in various journals,come in the news papers and radio.
                Why dont you give a better answer to the question than I have?
                Poet Mohit.K.Misra

hmm, how about Mohit? smile

Engineer Paraglider

I see nothing wrong in this.
                    A doctor calls himself a doctor and engineer calls himself an engineer,its the same with a poet if its your full time profession for years.

Poet Mohit.K.Misra

2. mohitmisra profile image61

expanding on my answer

The Bhagwat gita
        . Moksha Liberation from the Cycle of Rebirth
        Moksha means liberation from the cycle of rebirth or of 'Samsara'. The ultimate aim of every Hindu is that one day the cycle of rebirth will be over and he will not have to be reborn again. This can only happen if there is no karma to cause an individual to be reborn i.e. it looses its good and bad karma.

The Vedas
        May the realised ones, first of all, take the vital breath under their control from the limbs in which it has been circulating. Go to heaven stay firm with all the parts of your body. Attain the world of light and emancipation, following the path of the enlightened ones (your predecessors)”.

Like I said the last breath is crucial and one must not have any desires left.

The Buddhists on death
        A Buddhist’s life is practice for death – cultivating positive, happy virtuous states of mind and abandoning non-virtuous, harmful, suffering states of mind.

Death is definite but the time of death is indefinite so a Buddhist aspires to be ready by being mindful of the preciousness of life and the uncertainness of its length.

Death is an opportunity for great spiritual achievement if one is prepared and remembers one’s spiritual practices and beliefs / understandings during the death process.

A Hindu tradition after death,They believe that the soul can take upto thirteen days to depart and be one with god.Not sure wether is thirteen days or fourteen.On the last day favourite food of the deceased is made and given to the crows to eat.If the crow eats the food means the soul has departed otherwise prayers are required to help in the souls departure.

Hope this answers your question

Poet Mohit.K.Misra

The Master Paramhansa Yogananda

Though the ordinary man looks upon death with dread and sadness, those who have gone before know it as a wondrous experience of peace and freedom.

At death, you forget all the limitations of the physical body and realize how free you are. For the first few seconds there is a sense of fear -- fear of the unknown, of something unfamiliar to the consciousness. But after that comes a great realization: the soul feels a joyous sense of relief and freedom. You know that you exist apart from the mortal body.

All the enlightened ones who have died and come back have mentioned death as being beautiful.
          Pot Mohit.K.Misra

DEATH

Death comes to you in the middle of the night,

Or sweeps you away in broad daylight.

This being mans biggest doubt,

Death is not to be talked about.

Where he comes from where he goes?

We have no tangible proof that shows.

The masters say there is a holy light,

In the beginning and during our last flight.

How do I overcome my fear of death?

By leading a good life and having no regret.

The moment I die I must do my best,

To become one with the light, eternal rest.

The soul must merge with the super soul,

Forever to become part of the whole.

As long as I have much to give,

That is how long I will live.

Poet Mohit.K.Misra

5. mohitmisra profile image61

Your question is very straightforward and intelligent.
      Poet Mohit.K.Misra

2. Misha profile image63
    Mishaposted 15 years ago

It may help if you expand on your question - right now it does not make any sense to me. smile

3. Crash Jones profile image61
    Crash Jonesposted 15 years ago

That's a really broad generalization. Many Muslims, Christians, Taoists, Zoroastrians, etc., etc. feel perfectly at ease with their "life" after death. They are comforted in the theology of their faith.

Your question is erroneous, presumptive and self-serving (I feel a sermon coming).

I believe, if you're being honest, you really meant, "All religion and man made philosophies (except my own) can not give my heart peace about having a home in heaven immediately upon natural death."

4. Thom Carnes profile image61
    Thom Carnesposted 15 years ago

"Man-made philosophies" (what other sort are there?) have nothing to do with heaven: they are concerned with living a "considered life" (in Socrates's famous phrase) on this earth and this earth alone.

Matters relating to heaven are best left to priests, theologians and other purveyors of fantasy fiction.

5. ngureco profile image81
    ngurecoposted 15 years ago

God has provided life after death and heaven. Believe in Him and He will provide a home in heaven immediately upon natural death.Take it like that and do not question if you want peace of mind and heart.

6. knolyourself profile image60
    knolyourselfposted 15 years ago

' peace of mind and heart.' and brain dead.

1. profile image0
      Zarm Nefilinposted 15 years agoin reply to this

Lmao, best quote ever!

lol

7. profile image0
    sandra rinckposted 15 years ago

Why are you guys pickin' on the Poet Mohit?  smile

1. Mark Knowles profile image59

He asked us to.

If you read my poetry book, "Pander Awhile, I am enlightened and ego-less," I say:

The bible doesn't rythme,
      pander awhile and in time
      you will see
      it will set you free

This book is available from all enlightened ebook sellers big_smile

Saint Mark AIPP, CMT, NCTB

They were unable to answer the question,I did -ego problem.
      Poet Mohit.K.Misra

3. Misha profile image63
      Mishaposted 15 years agoin reply to this

Cause he is pretending smile

You were unable to understand the question.How will you be able to answer it?
        Poet Mohit.K.Misra

1. Misha profile image63

Huh? I thought I understood Sandra's question. Right, Sandy? wink

It may help if you expand on your question - right now it does not make any sense to me.

You were the first to reply.
            right now it does not make any sense to me.

Poet Mohit.K.Misra

1. Misha profile image63

I did not pretend to answer original question. I still don't understand it. However, I think I was able to understand Sandra's question, and this is what I answered, and this is what you quoted big_smile

I am able to answer what you are unable to.I have the knowledge and I am here to share it .Does this mean I am pretending.Would you not defend yourself if you are being attacked for no reason? I am doing the same.There is a time to ignore and a time to defend.
                Poet Mohit.K.Misra

2. profile image0

Pretending to be what?  A Poet?  I think he writes lovely poetry.  Maybe you mean pretending to be an enlightened being?  If that is the case, maybe your thoughts on enlightenment or what this means is different that what I consider enlightened.  I guess I don't always agree with the books on what it is, but what could an unenlightened indavidual as myself know about enlightenment considering I am still sitting in the dark because I haven't read enough books.

Enlightened ones write the books, curious ones read the books and regurgitate someone elses 'knowledge'.  That doesn't exactly equate to enlightenment. 

All enlightened indaviduals come at the cost of humiliation, but I guess people are asking him to announce it to the world so you can get your kicks off of human emotions.  Oh  wait,  I know, it must be because he is proud of his work as a poet and proud that he was number 1 for poetry. 

In anycase, I have see far worse comments made by a lot of people, and to be honest,  if this is coming from his comments to Mark, well....it isn't like Mark hasn't left a few comments of his own that were considerably more distateful than anything Mohit has ever said. 

smile

It takes intelligence to understand and recognize intelligence.You cannot force someone to be intelligent.
          Poet Mohit.K.Misra

1. Misha profile image63

Sandy, and you are asking why people don't like this guy? The answer is above - he always pretends to be better than other people, and now he is pretending to be the most intelligent one around.

It is called arrogant on my books, as well as pretending to be enlightened and selling your enlightenment $2.40 a piece big_smile

While I had some doubts at the beginning, by now I am pretty much sure he is not. smile

Just another religious spammer... smarter than the average, but still spammer...

Yopu have no idea what enlightenment is ,yet you want to decide who is enlightened and who is not.Now you are so desperately trying to find a flaw so you keep going on about spamming.
              Poet Mohit.K.Misra

1. Misha profile image63

I was not even talking to you. smile
                I was talking to Sandra, and you interfered. wink
                As for enlightenment - I have enough life experience to tell with high accuracy genuine enlightenment from pretending. One even doesn't need any life experience in your case. Just one tiny thing gives you up with crystal clarity - not a single prophet SOLD his word. But most if not all false ones did.

1. profile image0

I suppose I am a little dissapointed in your choice of words Mohit.  Certainly I can understand where you coming from, but if it mean anything to you at all, Misha is right.  If you said, I need to sell my poetry to make a living, then indeed more people would have a different perception of you, however this is not what you are relaying.

What it looks like is belittling the folks around you, and I don't like that.  Not that I am not guilty of calling people jerks and stuff, but if I must say:  On the path to enlightenment, you never stop looking at yourself in the people around you.  Prophets are never above nor below, they exist in the spirit of people. 

taking advise from people isn't a smack in the face.  The way I see it is, if someone wants to offer you advise, then they offer it because they want to see you succeed.  So take it with some salt, it taste better that way. 

Of course, call yourself a poet, this is what you are after all.  If I had some advise to offer you, then I would say,  your path to enlightenment comes with a big veil. 

In the same way that a Christain can never understand they do the things that God asked them not to do because they can't see it or understand it enough, or in a sense have become so prided on their path that they forgot what humiliation is for. 

Ps.  I would be careful what doors your knock on because you never really know when you are knockin on God's door.  Boasting.  It's a terrible thing. 

With love Mohit,
                  sandra

I was answering the question in this thread and not belitting anyone.I did not start it.
                    Poet Mohit.K.Misra

2. Paraglider profile image87

No-one's arguing with that.

That's true too. But you can encourage the signs of intelligence by positive feedback and gently discourage seemingly unintelligent behaviour.

Engineer Paraglider wink

4. Paraglider profile image87

I wasn't. I was offering some suggestions on how to be taken seriously as a poet. So far he hasn't responded, but that's OK smile

8. profile image0
    RFoxposted 15 years ago

Paraglider: Your remarks are well thought out, helpful and to the point. If anyone is enlightened here it is you. smile

As to the original question: It assumes that all religious people are striving for heaven and peace upon death and this is simply not the case.

Heaven is irrelevant to me and death comes to us all.
    Death reminds us that life is a precious gift.

I look for peace within the moments of my daily life. Living in the present (not the past or the future) is how I believe I can come to know peace, however, this is a very difficult thing for most of us to accomplish. big_smile

And mohitmisra: Paraglider is giving you good advice in a compassionate, helpful manner. Wise people always listen and never stop learning. smile

My answer is far better than yours.You should learn.earlier on when I mnetioned the cosmic will you replied with paragraphs on your Buddha nature and you had no idea what cosmic will meant.Its obvious you are not tapping into your Buddha nature.
      Poet Mohit.K.Misra

1. profile image0
        RFoxposted 15 years agoin reply to this

I have no answer for you on this.

I hope everyone here finds peace however they can. smile

9. profile image0

ok, I see what you guys are saying now.  Let it be the way it is ya know. 

I wonder, why they call a folley a folley?  smile

10. gamergirl profile image85
    gamergirlposted 15 years ago

“The aim of public education is not to spread enlightenment at all; it is simply to reduce as many individuals as possible to the same safe level, to breed a standard citizenry, to put down dissent and originality”

~Henry Louis Mencken

11. Mark Knowles profile image59
    Mark Knowlesposted 15 years ago

Sandra - Even you would admit I am pretty selective about the people I insult.

Mohit - I, like Misha, also have a considerable amount of life experience. I have traveled the world, including your part of it. I am also aware that in your part of the world it is not unusual for people who consider themselves enlightened to sell their enlightenment. Or at least generate food from it.

As I told you before, you would have more luck in L.A.

But, I have yet to meet some one I consider enlightened who would attack me in the fashion you have done. You are nothing more than a spammer and incapable of listening to good advice when you are given it. I helped you when you first arrived because you would have had your account deleted if you had continued in the way you began.

You will be able to find many more people to take advantage of and sell your enlightenment, but it is unlikely to wash here.

If anyone has an ego problem, it is you. Arguing in this fashion is unlikely to convince anyone of anything. I really don't think I have ever met anyone as full of hubris as yourself. I realize you have stopped responding to me. I understand - I am very difficult to fight with. Especially with words, which is how I make my living. Which is why you resorted to attacks.

If you read my poetry book, "Pander Awhile," all will become clear. (Available from all good ebook sellers) big_smile

Saint Mark, AIPP, CMT, Bscs

1. Misha profile image63

LOL, I stand corrected. It was just way easier for me to express this in English than to go into lengthy explanations of your kind tongue

2. profile image0

True smile

12. Paraglider profile image87
    Paragliderposted 15 years ago

Good night all - I'm off for an enlightening beer smile

A nice cool Pinot Noir for me. big_smile Night.

13. Mark Knowles profile image59

Misha - Zen Buddhist monks have been doing it for ages and many "gurus" do it. But, usually with a little humility. big_smile  Sadly lacking in this case.

14. gamergirl profile image85

Guys, it's obvious this self proclaimed "enlightened poet" is oblivious to the things that are being said to him.

Better to just ignore him from here on out.

Why would you say something if I give a better answer than anyone else.Why is it not possible to expand on the answer ?
      Poet Mohit.K.Misra

15. Misha profile image63
    Mishaposted 15 years ago

Let's test if our poet just has to have the last word wink

Why not. He hit about 30 threads the other day with comments like. "Insightful." and "Thought provoking."

Plus his signature. LOL

A guru he ain't.

2. profile image0

LOL,  I think that was already proven.  ;P

1. Misha profile image63

Yeah, looks like the test was redundant big_smile

16. profile image0

Another stupid joke...

How does one know when he has become enlightened?

When he passes gas and calls it uplifting.  LOL.

Bad joke, I know, but it is making me laugh right.  tongue

17. gamergirl profile image85

Isn't it a sign of insanity to talk to yourself?

Thinkaboutit77
      Don't go off the subject, with ridicule, name calling or other nonsense. Just stick to this subject and answer the question if you can. Thank you

1. profile image0

I guess you haven't figured it out yet, lol.  This tread is still on the subject.  The answer...human stupidity, ignorance, and laughter.  Try it out!  smile  plus some others but hey...

"The only way you can conquer me is through love and there I am gladly conquered."
          Krishna
          Identical with  me.
          Poet Mohit.K.Misra

18. gamergirl profile image85

The patience of those whom you have insulted via this thread is great, Mohit.  Stop trying to get the last word in.  LOL

19. gamergirl profile image85

*has the last word*

20. Mark Knowles profile image59

I am still weighting for the other religious spammer who started the thread to drop by and tell us how it is big_smile

If you just buy my book of pottery, "Pander Awhile." you will understand. In it I say  things like,

"Roses are red, violets are blue,
    this is proof that god loves you."

It all rhymes and everything, like an enlightened pottery book should. (Available from all good ebook retailers)

Saint Mark CMT, AIPP, NCTMB

1. profile image0

ROTFLMAO. 

That is now my favorite poem.  hilarious.  smile

My pleasure. Feel free to sell it in an ebook anytime. smile

21. knolyourself profile image60

Cool but what then

We are god and have left home playing a game with ourselves,what is called the cosmic joke symbolised by the laughing Buddha.This earth is a temporary home for you,me all of us.When we realise the futility of our desires that they lead to pain,we stop creating more desires,man says enough i want no more.The poor man looks for money,the rich man wants more money or is looking for love, it never ends.
      Your real home is with god a state of bliss which nothing on this planet can give you.Like Alexander the great-some say he got enlightened while in India learned yoga from and Indian king whom he had annexed.His last wish was to leave his hands out open in the coffen to show that he the great Alexander although he has conquered three fourths of the world is still going empty handed with nothing when he dies.
      In India he saw that the sages who had nothing but a begging bowl were deeply respected,and were in peace with themselves without anything,even the kings bowed to them and seeked their blessings.
      A story-his army and genarals  came across a sage who refused to bow to them.He said no man can be my king -my king is god.Alexander went to see who this arrogant man could be.
      He approached him and said do you know I am the great Alexander and have conquered three fourths of the world ,all bow to me.
      Upon this the yogi started laughing which made Alexander angry,he asked why do you laugh.
      The Yogi says you are still conquering the planet I have conquered the universe.
      Enlightenment exists and you can find it if you meditate .You are the son of god.

Poet Mohit.K.Misra

22. profile image0

I was just thinking about Hell.  And I thought this... I consider the material world Hell.  If I were to use science as an anology for this then I would say, we are basically fire.  Energy is a form of fire, heat is a form of fire, microscopic, energy. 

We don't have anything attached to us that gives us energy, but we eat for energy, it's fuel.  We burn forever in Hell.  We sorta self will our energy, our sustinance that gives human life it's quality, something we know we can take with us. 

Whatever it is in our what seems to be known as "consciousness" is, could be our theoretical connection to, it feels like what I am attached to.  I mean I don't think the emotion of love literally comes from our beating hearts, but from somewhere else.  It feels in my mind what I precieve as coming from my heart, so it's all upstairs somewhere, but where, I don't know. 

at the same time, I feel it tingle in my body, like a light under my belly.  Anyways...

Very true love comes from the source.The buddhists call earth a dimension of hell and many wise sages say the same.
      Poet Mohit.K.Misra

1. profile image0

That's good to know.  Thanks Mohit.  smile

You are welcome,
          I appreciate the truth from wherever it comes.
          Poet Mohit.K.Misra

2. SparklingJewel profile image68
      SparklingJewelposted 15 years agoin reply to this

Sandra, you have made some interesting references/intuitions here that I can connect with. Some of the spiritual teachings I have read and connected within myself are similar to what I "feel" you are saying. Like, "we are basically fire". A term i have learned, is calling chi/prana/ kundalini energy, the sacred fire (of God). There are aspects of this sacred fire that manifests as some of the rainbow ray colors of the white light through/as our chakras for healing and clearance of "impure substance" (karma/sin).

This sacred fire literally (as literal as spiritual fire can get smile !) burns out the karma. I had always seen hell fires as having a purpose, metaphorically speaking, to "burn" out sin/karma.

And in the system I like most, love does arise from the heart, for it is in a spiritual dimension near the physical heart, where "God" resides. Where the Energy/God comes into animate all   levels of physical being...but it is the mind area that is ignited with illumnination of God awareness of Life and the solar plexus area registers our comfortability in these earthly realms. And we tingly as we realize this Energy coming into, flowing through our being.

1. Misha profile image63

Yep, that's a nice post from Sandy. I wanted to reply to it, but somehow forgot - thanks Jewel for reminding me smile

Sandy, I like your idea of hell, it is definitely something to ponder about smile

23. knolyourself profile image60

'Your real home is with god a state of bliss which nothing on this planet can give you.' So even just writing this a total waste of time. I feel like such a fool
    for even being here. Total waste who could of guessed. Personally I like the
    three dimensions and have been in a state of bliss for 30 years. It might be that there are things here that cannot be found with God. If you prefer it there
    why are you wasting your time.

The ordinary man fears death while the enlightened one waits for it patiently knowing he is going back home.You would also feel differently once you get enlightened-something inevitable.Like Guru Nanak says all are masters or to be masters,enlightenment is destined for all.
      Poet Mohit.K.Misra

I don't fear death. But I am not going home. Home is here. Now.

When you become enlightened, you will understand. I suggest a different meditation technique.

Saint Mark CMT, AIPP, NCTMB Professional writer and humorist big_smile

I'm with the Saint on this one. Death holds no special power over my actions or state of mind. When I keel over, so be it. And claiming that everyone will become enlightened is lunacy. For example, children, some mentally unstable people incapable of coherent thought and religious zealots (ahem) will never reach any kind of enlightenment, no matter how you define it.

And if you're saying they'll reach enlightenment after death ... one tiny shred of evidence would be appreciated, because of every person I've known and heard of who physically died and was resuscitated, there's 10 who saw or remember nothing to the one who "saw the light."

24. knolyourself profile image60

We got it already weeks or months ago. Can't you say something original. Seems like it's a dead end.

If you understand I am happy,not everyone does.Truth has been the same for ages and will allways be the same.
      Poet Mohit.K.Misra

25. gamergirl profile image85

It IS a dead end.

It's not like he's here to do anything other than sell his book and parrot about how enlightened he is, while never really portraying himself in the manner the truly enlightened people I have known behave.

You are wrong unless you say something he has said.

1. Misha profile image63

It is a DEAD end tongue

1. profile image0

Lol. wink

So I'm back and I need to clear up a few things that our dear Poet has espoused about Buddhist philosophy because I don't want the Dharma being misrepresented.

He stated: "The buddhists call earth a dimension of hell." We don't call Earth a dimension of Hell. The human rebirth is the most valued and revered as it is the one from which you can achieve enlightenment the easiest. This is due to the fact that humans have free will. (Going to Heaven is not as important as a Human Rebirth.)

If you want to delve into Buddhist Cosmology (which by the way is not a major part of our religion unless you are a Tibetan Buddhist) then here are the 6 levels of rebirth in Samsara:

1. The Heaven Realms (birth as a deva, or god-like being)
           2. The Human Realm
           3. The Realm of the Fighting Spirits (Asuras)
           4. The Animal Realm
           5. The Realm of the Hungry Ghosts (Peta)
           6. The Hell Realms

Notice how 'The Human Realm' is one from the top in the cycle of birth/death and the Earth itself can contain all levels of existence from Heaven to Hell.

Next he stated: "The Buddhists on death

1. A Buddhist’s life is practice for death – cultivating positive, happy virtuous states of mind and abandoning non-virtuous, harmful, suffering states of mind.
        A Buddhist's life is spent in the pursuit of Enlightenment. If you have not achieved Enlightenment before your death, then your state of mind at the moment you pass is extremely important to your next rebirth and continuing path to Enlightenment.

2. Death is definite but the time of death is indefinite so a Buddhist aspires to be ready by being mindful of the preciousness of life and the uncertainness of its length.
        This statement is true. We do meditate on death so that we are in a peaceful state whenever it arrives. Death should hold no fear. It is merely a transitory state just as life is.

3. Death is an opportunity for great spiritual achievement if one is prepared and remembers one’s spiritual practices and beliefs / understandings during the death process."
        Every moment is an opportunity for great spiritual achievement. Death is no more significant than life. Remembering your spiritual practices and beliefs at the moment of death is important because you want to be reborn with that knowledge in your next existence. Also you want to have a peaceful mind while passing as it makes the transition easier and your spiritual practices help in this regard.

The above statements "The Buddhists on Death" were taken word-for-word from The Amitabha Hospice Service website. The reason I clarified the statements is because they are taken out of context and may be misconstrued by the way our 'Poet' presented them.

mohitmisra is not well versed in Buddhist philosophy nor does he have an understanding of the Dharma or Buddha Nature (despite what he might say.)

Just needed to clear that up.wink

1. SparklingJewel profile image68
          SparklingJewelposted 15 years agoin reply to this

It amazes me to think that there are people existing at all levels of consciousness within the earth realms...some living in hell and others in the etheric(heaven) all at the same time...even interacting with each other.

I feel these differences in people, but am still learning to discern the differences

And what is even more interesting is that as an individual, we go through cycles of different levels, too.  Like, experiencing depression is going through a particular level of consciousness, or being in a high state of consciousness of meditation during prayer or while doing mantras, or a drug addict, for sure, is living in a lower state of consciousness...or someone that thinks only about money and not about people...according to the levels RXFox quoted what level would that person be in?

1. profile image0

Yes, thinking about the levels of consciousness and dimensions of existence is mind blowing...(pun intended)...Lol. tongue

In my opinion clinging to material possessions at the expense of people causes no end of suffering. It is attachment at it's most obvious.

Of course I make money off my art and would love to make more and many religious people sell their advice and that's totally okay. Who doesn't love to make money from their passion in life? It's the intention behind your actions that is the most important. It's all about intention.

And if your intentions are selfish, fraudulent, deceptive, then you will heap suffering upon yourself. If your intentions are honest, kind, compassionate, giving, then you will feel freedom.

Just my two cents. wink

Glad you posted this because I didn't want to lend credence directly to big Mo, the endarkened one.

Preachers all across the Americas and Europe earn their livings through tithes. The more successful ones make money off of books, broadcasts, etc. There's nothing wrong with cashing in off of your religious views, IMO.

It's when religious views are shaped by revenue, popularity, power or other fringe benefits/impediments of the trade that it becomes distasteful. It's tough keeping your humility when you achieve a certain level of success (the level depends upon the person).

It's a balancing act, and poor Mo just ain't no gymnast.

2. Mark Knowles profile image59

RFox -

Thank you for stepping in and clearing a few things up. One word you have used makes all the difference:

intentions

Sometimes it is hard to see the intentions behind actions, other  times clear as day.

Thanks smile

A couplet from my poem Religions

The entire Buddhist monks life is but a preperation,
            For his Death Point or moment of seperation.

The Death Point or the last breath a human takes when his soul departs the body is crucial.Intense effort is involved to cross over and merge with the light.
            Most humans do not contemplate death most of the time and loose out in the Death Point,they are thinking of something else and materialise themselves in order to complete it. Thus missing out on the chance to become one with god.
            The Buddhists believe human life is very valuable as it is only the human and no other animal that can attain Moksha or liberation.Other animals need to eveolve to the human stage first.
            Poet Mohit.k.Misra

2. Crash Jones profile image61

Thank Ra / Eros / Abhir / Flying Spaghetti Monster!

A person of an Eastern faith that knows what they're talking about. It's fun to learn. RFox has taught me Buddhist Cosmology, which is much more valuable than Mo's endarkened meanderings that are only made sensible by rearranging the words.

Many Thanks RF.

1. profile image0

Lol. Wow, thanks Crash Jones!
            I really enjoyed reading your hub on Trash and Mementos...too funny. Can't wait for more.
            And there are a number of other lucid Eastern Philosophy people here, they just hide well. Lol.

In fact SparklingJewel has some interesting hubs. Gotta run. Time for supper! Yum....big_smile

26. Paraglider profile image87

Well folks, I'm in a different time-zone from most of you. I've had my night-cap, I'm back home, about to go to bed, (at 01:30), but I see we're all still sparring with Mohit. Really it's not worth it. I've not challenged him on enlightenment, spirituality or whatever. But I have asked him a few elementary questions about poetry, none of which he's addressed. He couldn't write his way out of a paper bag, but that's not my problem, or yours. It's his.

Good night ...

I gladly question him about his religious views. Not only is that the subject of this forum, his own words and behavior have proven contradictory. I'd like to understand where he's coming from, but I'm beginning to suspect that he's as theologically adrift now as he was physically while serving at sea.

27. knolyourself profile image60

Good Night Sir.

28. gamergirl profile image85

Thank you so much for clearing that up, RFox

1. profile image0

You're welcome Gamergirl! big_smile

I would never pretend to be an expert on Buddhism as it is so complex and depending on what lineage you follow sometimes so different, but there are certain basic fundamental principles that are true across all styles and lineages and it's important that these philosophies aren't misrepresented.

29. Misha profile image63
    Mishaposted 15 years ago

OK, you lost me with this mysterious "Mo". Moses? Mohit? Both? Something else? IDK sad

Oh, and I don't consider Christian priests (and any other priests or monks for that matter) "enlightened" en masse. smile

1. profile image0

He's referring to Mohit.

I don't believe in en masse "enlightenment" either in the sense that you mean Misha and I don't think that's what Crash Jones means either. Wow, what a convoluted sentence. Lol. wink

heh, yeah, what she said ... minus the convoluted part.

Your question is erroneous, presumptive and self-serving (I feel a sermon coming).

You could learn some humility.
          Poet Mohit.K.Misra

Mo is the poet of ebook fame. I feel close enough to him to use a familiar.

LIke you, personally, I'm not much on the idea of enlightenment either, but I understand the definition and at least some of the concepts, and respect those who do believe there are such states of being. I'm opening to listening. I'm intrigued by the idea of superior powers and that they care enough to "show us the ropes." I'm reading the Tao Te Ching now and though I get lost from time to time (translation: every other line), I'm learning, and really, that's all I care about.

1. profile image0

Yep, constant learning is a fun state to be in. I was reading up on Taoist philosophies the other day. Very interesting. smile

2. profile image0

In my opinion buddhism is retarded, just like anything else out of the east.  Trying to wrap your noodle around that, (buddhist spirituality), is going to be hard given a western upbringing (I am guessing you are western).  You may reply that I do not know what I am talking about, but I do.  The very thought structure between eastern and western culture is very different.

I pretty much stopped reading any buddhist texts once I knew that "enlightenment" can be found anywhere, take the truth from any body of experience or knowledge and instead of discarding the rest, and try to make sense out of that too somehow.  Buddhism has no special claim anymore than any of the rest of the eastern spiritual paths.  Yes, they all tell us something, but so do a lot of things including novels and history books.  One may very well read buddhist texts but the spiritual understanding of things (imo) is nothing more than alternative spirituality as far as logic goes or science is concerned for that matter.

Saying there are ways to reincarnate is about as indefensible as saying I was abducted by aliens and when asked why simply respond the aliens don't show themselves because they are humans from the future and showing themselves by leaving proof behind would disrupt the fabric of time or some such nonsense.  While that is pretty self contained, so are many mutiple outs which in reality are not truly defensible (kind of like solipsism).

Occultic forces, if they do exist must submit to the axe of science.  I do not want idiots fighting wars for christ and I also do not want peacful monks setting themselves on fire out of misguided but sincere motives during a protest. 

Why do I not want this?  Because at the end of it all they are DEAD.

That is right DEAD.  A four letter word, which is indicative possibly, (although perhaps not), of the very end of existance.  At least all available evidence does not point to anything beyond it yet.

When you are DEAD, you DO NOT EXIST, (at least that is what appears to be the case).

When will the human race grow up?  The sooner we grow up and realize science might very well give us immortality as a superior way of relating to the universe (not necessarily just understanding it), the sooner we can get about the business of trying to do just that, rather than indulge in mindgames that waste time and resources and bring knowledge but with stunted growth and at a cost to human lives.

It just amazes me how people cannot just rip the occultic understanding out of a belief system and still try to find ways that is has meaning.  Why the need for the unproveable?  Is it emotional?  You may say spiritual but then what is that?  What is spiritual?

For me the simple fact that spiritual experiences can be scientifically traced at all to certain parts of the brain removes their legitimacy (on an occultic hidden level) altogether.

If I have a soul that can reincarnate then why can deep religious experiences be picked up and explained AT ALL by modern neuroscience?

It's a sham, every last bit of it.  It is one thing to realize it's a sham and have the experience it is another (and I contend irresponsible) to not realize it is a sham when provided evidence and continue to indulge in wonderland (whatever version you like).  One is indicative of intellectual cowardice and the other is indicative of intellectual courageousness and awareness that results from an honest response to the evidence at hand.

I mean hell, it's ok to imagine things, but people DIE as a direct and indirect result of certain tenets contained in every religion/spirituality including buddhism.  Granted current historical trends are indicative of the hypothetical contention that far greater numbers of humans die as a result of dogmatic religions, but one death and one misery is one too many in my book (and it isn't the good book it is the "real" book).

In my opinion almost any doctrine or dogma, or even "spiritual understanding", that acts against the survival mechanism built into every human and causes that human organism to terminate it's life or put itself into undue harms way at the potential risk of it's own life when it might otherwise hope for a continuance of said life in question, is EVIL.

If you want to claim certain "spiritual understandings" are "supernatural" that is one thing, but you would be hard pressed to effectively demonstrate to the sane that they are natural given the history of religious experience resulting in people taking their own lives or putting themselves at arguably undue risk of other people taking their lives from them.

They DIE.

Some of them before they have even had a chance to experience the very prime of their life.

In my opinion the only dogmalike idea worth dieing for is the one found in the American Revolution or the French Revolution-amongst other places historically-and that is the idea that no one religion should have control but all should be free to worship as they choose in a secular democracy or a secular state of some sort.  That is more damage control than anything else, damage control that exists until humans decide to stop the self inflicted injury known as religion/spirituality.

No one will force you to (ideally), but if you do not, other people will continue to suffer.

what, like sunrise, silk and fried rice?

1. profile image0

what like sunset, cloth, and chewing tobacco?

Don't play out of context using word association with me buddy, you will lose.

You start putting words in my mouth and pretty soon you won't be able to swim or keep up.

This isn't the food forum or the clothing forum or the nature forum.  This is about spirituality so quit trying to put words in my mouth.

Quit while your ahead is my advice.

To make it clear to everyone else (and not you) "everything out of the east" taken in proper context is meant by me to refer to spiritual understandings from the east.

I see what you did there.

Wow, your head is Huuuuuuuge. You and Mo ought to get together. You're like the little people in Gulliver's Travels waving around their crude weapons, trying to seem scary. It's entertaining.

2. profile image0
        3. mohitmisra profile image61

In my opinion buddhism is retarded, just like anything else out of the east.

The east is highly revered for its spiritual knowledge and masters.You still havent heard of the masters have you?.How can you insult a religion like Buddhism?
          The universe will not be kind to you if you insult anything connected with god or the Prophets or sages.

The Universe couldn't care less what you do.  big_smile

30. Paraglider profile image87

What I did, my friend, was make a little joke, at the same time hinting that your word choice was not helping your case. 'retarded'? You won't win much support that way smile

1. profile image0

Support?  First off buddy I am not looking for your support, and your "little joke" presupposed understandings of my true context unless you are a moron (which you are clearly not).  The only other conceivable option (from a rational angle) is that you did not read past the first sentence, in which case you are irresponsible.  However you do not show a "history" of doing this in your other posts, so presuming such would be inconsistent with the manner in which you post.

You are malicious.

Why not go bother with other people who will be more susceptible to your thinly veiled malice.  Perhaps there are bigger fish to fry hmmm?

Gotta love the Golden Compass.

31. Paraglider profile image87

suit yourself

32. profile image0
    Zarm Nefilinposted 15 years ago

Thank you.

I wish you a good and happy day.

33. Paraglider profile image87

I'm having a normal working day, thanks. I'm sorry if I caused offence. There was no malice intended. Really it was just a joke.

As a matter of fact, I agree with most of your original post, at least as far as your thoughts on mortality are concerned.

34. gamergirl profile image85

HAHHAHAHHHAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

The guy who calls himself "enlightened" and all that said someone else needs humility.

oh boy.  I'm crying with laughter here.

When you become enlightened you will also say so.Its the truth you will understand later.
      Poet Mohit.k.mISRA

I am sure you would tell the Buddha he needs to have some  humility since he claimed enlightenment after many years of meditation.

Al poets are enlightened,they spread the meassage of god through their poetry.Many masterpieces from the Ramayana to the Holy guru Granth Sahib are poetry.

A poetry book on god is considered by literary pundits a mental exercise of the highest order
        possible and carried out only by the enlightened ones.
        Then you wouldnt be a literary pundit ,would you?
        Poet Mohit.K.Misra

Humility ... and he said there was a question .... but no question referenced ... Mo sees things others can not. He is endarkened beyond our understanding.

You lashed out at Thinkaboutit77 for asking a very intelligent question.It was not kind of you to do so.Sandra tried answering it you only ridiculed it because you did not have the answer.Its an escapist attitude,It takes intelligence tostop and contemplate.

Poet Mohit.K.Misra

Bleh .. the question is flawed. It assumes people cannot find solace in religion as regards the afterlife ... many people are assured of their "life after death." Just because I don't agree with them doesn't mean I don't respect their right to believe as they wish.

All masters say by witnessing you will have the proof.Like science needs proof so does spirtuality -where a direct experience of the light is required.Unless you cross over you can never really understand and find the peace.Holy books are meant to reiterate the truth so it gives you courage to contemplate and meditate and find out for yourself.
            Poet Mohit.K.Misra

35. Paraglider profile image87

Born of an earlier dream, this lonely wood
    where no-one walks who could be somewhere else
    or someone else. I may not meet you here -
    your way and mine can never intertwine,
    belonging to a time that is no more.
    Where are the ghosts of those who went before,
    whose slow unbeing nourishes the vine
    whose fruit we are? The company we fear,
    not theirs, but our aloneness. Silence tells
    of more than emptiness where we intrude.

(Just thought this thread could use a poem to change the mood)

I like these words a lot,thank you for sharing.
      Poet Mohit.K.Misra

My pleasure smile

All the lines are beautiful but I particularly like.
          The company we fear,
          not theirs, but our aloneness.
          Did you write this?
          I also appreciate you making the effort to bring about peace and love in this thread and forum,I can only reply with love.
          Poet Mohit.K.Misra

I like paraglider ... smarter than most everyone here and the wisdom to ignore antagonists. I think I want paraglider as my guru.

36. gamergirl profile image85

Paraglider, your poetry is always nice.  Thank you. smile  Maybe it will change the mood of the thread, maybe.

I'm not even going to respond to anything else from Poet Mohumorless.  It's totally pointless.

Where's Misha with some wisdom when we need it?  tongue

If you had the knowledge we could have a healthy conversation,share knowledge and both of us can grow.

Poet Mohit.K.Misra

37. Paraglider profile image87

Gamergirl, Crash Jones -

Thanks for the kind words smile

Mohit -

Yes. I write quite a lot, but mostly under my real name, of course. Thanks smile

I am surprised you dont like my poetry our thoughts are similar.

Poet Mohit.k.Misra

I think we approach poetry very differently. You seem mainly interested in it as a vehicle for the content you want to put across. I'm more interested in poetry as an end in itself, an exercise in language and the affective power of words. Thus, my poems need not reflect my opinions. Some do, some don't.

So you basically write for yourself ?
          Poet Mohit.K.Misra

I write for pleasure and try to write as well as I can. I'm a member of a couple of on-line poetry forums and a moderator on one of them, so it's certainly one of my main interests. I enjoy 'workshopping' poems with like-minded people (i.e. like-minded in a love of poetry - we can be very different in other things!) So, no, I'm not just writing for myself but, while my stuff is available (free) to anyone who wants to read it, I don't have any great interest in promoting it.

Ok, which forum are you a moderator on?Will check it out.I also started writing for pleasure and then things changed on the way.An elderly friend of mine read some of my poems when I was asleep in his house,woke me up at three thirty in the morning and begged me to publish my poems,thats how I started getting serious about it and took it up full time.
              Poet Mohit.K.Misra

This one.  Sonnet Central    It's a site for people interested in learning from each other and improving their skills, mostly in formal verse. It's not a place for showcasing published work.

It can be a pretty tough place though. Some of the critiques can be very strong. It's best to do a lot of reading there before testing the waters.

Thank you,
                  You have so much knowledge about poetry,could you give me your email address,will send you my ebook.Would love to have your feedback.I like to get feedback from religious people and professors and scholars such as you.Have got very good reviews from English professors as well.
                  Poet Mohit.k.Misra

Do you come from some royal family,your mansion is just something else,visiting your web site.
                    Poet Mohit.K.Misra

38. Misha profile image63
    Mishaposted 15 years ago

Wow Rachelle, that's a nice one. I really envy your clarity smile

Just one sort of disagreement - I don't think Stalin's goal was to kill people. I think he had different goals - but, yeah, his goals were not achievable without killing lots of people. Still, this was not the goal all by itself.

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
Necessary
HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
Features
Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
Marketing
Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
Statistics
Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)