Let us hear your arguments for and against Tongs.

Jump to Last Post 1-28 of 28 discussions (65 posts)
  1. NGRIA Bassett profile image59
    NGRIA Bassettposted 14 years ago

Both men and women may participate.

1. Paradise7 profile image70
      Paradise7posted 14 years agoin reply to this

Tongs? roll

1. mango babe profile image58
        mango babeposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Tongs?

2. Sonja Morris profile image60
      Sonja Morrisposted 14 years agoin reply to this

They're just uncomfortable to me. I think they're sexy... but, just can't get myself to wear one!

3. Chris_S profile image61
      Chris_Sposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Thongs are worn for only two reasons that I can think of... 1) To be sexy, 2) To prevent visible pantylines.
      I don't buy the reasoning that they are more comfortable than regular underwear. Come on, you can't be serious!

I have one thong that I ONLY wear when I'm wearing a certain pair of pants to prevent underwear lines. Yes, this can happen to men too!

2. Helen Cater profile image61
    Helen Caterposted 14 years ago

In Britain Tongs is an electrical appliance which we curl our hair with. Maybe this also means thongs...not sure.

3. Paradise7 profile image70
    Paradise7posted 14 years ago

In America tongs are Asian-American gangs.  As in gang warfare, drugs, bad stuff.  I don't think that's what the lady meant, couldn't be.  I hope not.

4. profile image0
    Aquaposted 14 years ago

thongs maybe? smile

5. profile image0
    sneakorocksolidposted 14 years ago

I  think it's better than reaching in to a pot of boiling water for an ear of corn with your bare hands.

1. profile image0
      Aquaposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Oh come on....man up! smile

6. Lady_E profile image60
    Lady_Eposted 14 years ago

Lol. Please clarify Ngria.

Are we talking, hair tongs, gang tongs or Sisqo Thongs?  smile

1. NGRIA Bassett profile image59
      NGRIA Bassettposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Sorry the "h" is missing.
      Thongs as in underwear was the intention.

I'm glad it wasn't the gang tong.  Didn't think it could be, really) I'm glad you got back to us.  I think we did figure it out, though.  I didn't know that tongs were curling irons in the UK.  Also, you've got to get rid of a lot of intimate body hair in order to make them look ok.  That isn't comfortable to maintain, either.

Good deal.  Me, personally, I don't like thongs.  They aren't comfortable, I don't think.

2. Lady_E profile image60
        Lady_Eposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Thx. smile

3. Deborah-Lynn profile image60
        Deborah-Lynnposted 14 years agoin reply to this

That's a relief, all I could think about was that episode of "Two and a Half Men" when Alan broke both his wrists and needed his brother to help him pee, so he decided to use Tongs, (the Salad tong kind), to help his brother out!  big_smile big_smile big_smile

Thongs on the other hand, like many things women do to look better, are not very comfortable after a couple hours...ouch!sad

7. profile image0
    Aquaposted 14 years ago

I'm guessing it's "thongs" since this is in the intimate apparel section.

8. Paradise7 profile image70
    Paradise7posted 14 years ago

The first time I put on a thong bikini, I put the thong on backwards.  I didn't quite get the gist of the thing...REALLY!   You said it, sneakrocksolid, I'd rather reach my hands in a pot of boiling water.

You know, I really am quite clueless...lol

9. rebekahELLE profile image84
    rebekahELLEposted 14 years ago

thongs are o.k. for certain occassions, otherwise a pain you know wear!

1. rebekahELLE profile image84
      rebekahELLEposted 14 years agoin reply to this

oops, I mean 'where.' lol

10. Lady_E profile image60
    Lady_Eposted 14 years ago

I'm just tired of seeing them hanging out everywhere. It seems to be the fashion now - to reveal it above your Jeans/trousers.

http://xeneria.co.cc/wp-content/uploads/2008/12/thongs.jpg

God, that's disgusting. And that poor woman CANNOT be comfortable.

2. NGRIA Bassett profile image59
      NGRIA Bassettposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Ohhhhh.That's what I see a lot as well. Is this fashion trend? Tacky!

1. Pearldiver profile image68
        Pearldiverposted 14 years agoin reply to this

That is Completely Gross! yikes
        Yet it is also an excellent Advert for Contraception! big_smile
        I wonder if she could even find her Tong with an H? hmm (or visa versa)

1. mandybeau1 profile image61
          mandybeau1posted 14 years agoin reply to this

She is disgustingly obese it is prob the most revolting Thong/Tong thing I have seen.  But I feel fairly certain she would need Tongs to get the Thong on, and forceps to pull up the re volting plus 4's.

3. profile image0
      Wendi Mposted 14 years agoin reply to this

EWWWW

4. rmcrayne profile image91
      rmcrayneposted 14 years agoin reply to this

THere are the guys and gals who show off their undies above their pants, as though the undies are an accessory, like jewelry.  Then there's your chubby handyman who doesn't know his arse crack is constantly showing. Totally different impact.

11. prettydarkhorse profile image62
    prettydarkhorseposted 14 years ago

i wear thongs when i am wearing white pants...but most of the time no, they are itchy and I feel uncomfortable too,,,

12. Helen Cater profile image61

I much prefer French knickers as they are comfy and look nice.

1. Neil Sperling profile image59
      Neil Sperlingposted 14 years agoin reply to this

I'm With Ya Helen on the looks- (!)

As for comfy --- I have no idea!

2. LiamBean profile image79
      LiamBeanposted 14 years agoin reply to this

French Knickers?

13. Valerie F profile image60
    Valerie Fposted 14 years ago

One thing to be said in favor of thongs- you don't have to worry about ride-up.

14. Mocha Momma profile image60
    Mocha Mommaposted 14 years ago

Wowsers!  I don't recall thongs above the hip huggers waist line ever being a fad for adult women.  The top portion of the thongs only, that rides along the hip were a fad back in 2000 and 2001 for teen age girls only.

As a woman, we wear the proper fitted/size thong for clothes we do not want to show panty lines or seams.  A properly fitted thong does not cut into any part of the anatomy (hips, lips, or the dip at the lower part of your back - right above your crack).  If they are uncomfortable, you are wearing the wrong size (because they are probably too small).  If the are sucking into the crack of your behind, then you are wearing them wrong or your sucking your pelvis in and its creating the "vacuum" affect, fix your posture.  One that I'd like to call "mail" or "hungry butt/a$$ syndrome" where it looks like your butt is trying to "eat" whatever is there.

A way to remedy this, is to fix your posture and your posterior will thank you for it. 

There are countless options to go with a seamless look outside of thongs.  There are seamless panties, they seem to work and you can have all the extra coverage and support that you feel you need.

Pros:
    - Feels like you're not wearing anything
    - Feel sexy underneath your clothes without anyone knowing it ;-)
    - Eye candy for your significant other (not the entire planet)
    - No double bubble or crazy looking seamed butt look in your clothes

Cons:
    - They aren't for everyone (Eye FAIL, not CANDY)
    - People don't seem to want to keep them under their clothing and want to show the entire world
    - If you don't wipe properly, this could be a problem (skids) - and that's not eye candy at all for your significant other
    - Wearing them too tight so instead of a double bubble, you have a "T" bubble...

Just thought I'd put in my 2 cents ;-)
    -

15. IntimatEvolution profile image68
    IntimatEvolutionposted 14 years ago

Here's a shot for you from my hub, Why Thongs Are Not For Everybody....

http://z.hubpages.com/u/1777087_f520.jpg

1. Mocha Momma profile image60
      Mocha Mommaposted 14 years agoin reply to this

LLS!!! Did you just finish spanking him?  Did you make him wear your thongs for being a naughty boy?

2. profile image0

Again...EWWWW!

3. Flightkeeper profile image66
      Flightkeeperposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Really one should be warned before a picture like this is posted.  I was snacking on some chips when I saw this picture and started to choke.

1. Deborah-Lynn profile image60
        Deborah-Lynnposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Hee Hee!

2. profile image0

LOL, that's funny!  You're ok right?

1. Flightkeeper profile image66
          Flightkeeperposted 14 years agoin reply to this

I managed to swallow and drank a little soda right after. Yeah, still here. Thanks!

1. mango babe profile image58
            mango babeposted 14 years agoin reply to this

How do people get in such terrible condition.

1. Pearldiver profile image68
              Pearldiverposted 14 years agoin reply to this

I think you'll find that getting into such terrible condition comes from the tightness of their tongs; which restrict what comes out after they have gorged themselves. hmm

4. dutchman1951 profile image60
      dutchman1951posted 14 years agoin reply to this

I just lost my supper, this is gross, please no more

5. manlypoetryman profile image81
      manlypoetrymanposted 14 years agoin reply to this

That's going to leave a mark...AAAAGGGH! The pain...my eyes...my eyes!

6. Sonja Morris profile image60
      Sonja Morrisposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Just can't imagine the explanation for this!

16. bittybrasize profile image59
    bittybrasizeposted 14 years ago

I don't get how Hanky Panky thongs are one size fits all. How can they possibly fit anyone?

Lol, Bittybrasize, like many things thongs were never intended as a one size fits all ever... ;-)

17. NGRIA Bassett profile image59
    NGRIA Bassettposted 14 years ago

Interesting! Mocha Momma, thanks for all the information. There seem to be a science and an art to thongs. I always wondered how they went on. Where is the front from the back? They both seem the same to me!
    Also wondered why they cost the same as the real panties when there is so little fabric in the thong? I guess they must be tedious to make!

18. profile image0
    Wendi Mposted 14 years ago

It's like wearing dental floss!

19. Deborah-Lynn profile image60
    Deborah-Lynnposted 14 years ago

Then again, if you don't want panty lines, is it worth the discomfort?

20. Pantywearer profile image60
    Pantywearerposted 14 years ago

I love wearing thongs.  Been wearing thongs & g-strings for about 15 years now.  My favorite are from Rena's Wild Wear (an independent lingerie shop in Tampa).  I also like to buy them @ Victoria's Secret...love their line of thongs/g-strings.  Sometimes, I do wonder which is the front and which is the rear...one clue is the tag.  I'm not too concerned about pantylines.  I love it when my pantylines show through.  I've never had a problem of them being uncomfortable...thongs or g-strings.

Seeing those two photos of the obese man AND woman gives new meaning of "one-size fits all"....EEEEEEWWWWWWWWWW

21. emievil profile image67
    emievilposted 14 years ago

Those two pictures lol lol lol

22. Helen Cater profile image61

sexy sexy sexy....eeewwwwww

23. profile image0
    Maximus591posted 14 years ago

I could never date a girl who wore a thong.

Studies have shown girls who wear thongs have a higher concentration of fecal material (poop) in their thongs than girls who wear other styles of underwear.

Ladies, everytime you fart, microscopic particles of feces are expelled from your anus and get trapped within the fabric of the thongs, due to the fact they sit much closer to the anus than other underwear.

Boxer shorts and other loose fitting underwear allows the fecal particles to dissipate more freely.

So girls, the next time you're getting fruity with your partner and you whip off your thongs and rub them in your partners face, maybe you should ask if he (or she) enjoys having your fecal matter in their face.  smile

1. bittybrasize profile image59
      bittybrasizeposted 14 years agoin reply to this

I don't know whether to laugh or throw up, right now.

2. mandybeau1 profile image61
      mandybeau1posted 14 years agoin reply to this

Thnx very much for the additional info. which I guess we all probably knew, and really did not need reinforced especially given I have just eaten my tea.
      How come so much research on the subject Scary!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!I am curiously revolted but need to ask where the particles disappate to in the case of the Boxer, onto your Burger perhaps. GROSS>

3. Mocha Momma profile image60

The study is true, however I doubt that the study takes into account women that have permanent wedgies from their fuller seat underpants.  Go to your local Target or Walmart, have a seat and look around.  For every woman that you see with a Wedgie in their pants, trust, there is pants and underpants in the crack of their buttocks (same proximity as thongs) to capture all of that Fecal matter.

If you use the same bath cloth on your face that you use on your body, your getting a face full of fecal matter ;-)

If you go to the bathroom and use your cell phone and flush, you're getting a face full of fecal matter. 

If you keep your toothbrush in your bathroom uncovered and in plain view, you're getting a mouth full of fecal matter.

The food you consume (cereals, rice, grains, etc) are allowed a certain amount of rodent waste per the FDA.

Men who wear boxers and get wedgies, yup you bet, they have fecal matter.

Rule of thumb, if you wear thongs, it's great to make sure you wipe well, also there are plenty of anti microbial additives that you can add to your panties in the wash.  You can also use wipes after you use the toilet. 

If a man performs Oral on his mate, and she hasn't cleaned herself all day, guess what, regardless of the under wear she's wearing, he's getting a mouth full of fecal matter... 

Humans are exposed to fecal matter everyday.

1. bittybrasize profile image59
        bittybrasizeposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Seriously?!

Be right back, gotta go throw out my toothbrush.

2. profile image0
        Maximus591posted 14 years agoin reply to this

Im curious.

Is it customary for the modern day female to carry within her handbag moistened toilet paper sheets? It would seem a necsessity if your underwear of choice is a thong.

It just seems so unsavoury. You sit on the toilet, evacuate the content of your bowels then wipe a few times with dry sheets and then pull up your thong. The anus entrance will still be heavily stained with fecal deposits. Surely a quick wipe with something that is moistened will help reduce the fecal staining?  Is this how the modern day, thong-wearing, female thinks? Or does she apply a more liberal 'dump-and-go-philosophy' with barely a wipe? smile

Yes, you're correct with regards to fecal material heavily staining peoples bathrooms. Everytime you flush, a fountain of microscopic fecal material is sent hurtling into the air and can land just about anywhere. This can be minimised by lowering the toilet lid to prevent those pesky fecal organisms from landing and then breeding on your toothbrush.

Maximus,

Women carry lots of things in their purses.  Regardless of the underwear that I wear, I am not a fan of excreting anything and using a piece of dry tissue to wipe clean (enter flush-able wipes).  I prefer a shower after wards smile.  That's regardless of the type of underwear that I wear.

If you think that this thong and defecating thing is unsavory, I'd really hate for you to see some of the less than sanitary habits some women have.  And how they interact with others after the fact. 

Some women have more fecal matter on their faces and hands than most thongs and toilet seats...  They are the ones that love to wipe, flush, and run and not wash their hands when they exit.  Everything they touch is then contaminated with their little nasties.

24. maudine_05 profile image60
    maudine_05posted 14 years ago

its nice to wear as long as ur comfortable...

25. profile image0
    Crazdwriterposted 14 years ago

If she means thongs then I wear them myself but I make sure that they don't show...and if I want them to show only let my hubby see wink And for me I find them comfy...I'm just weird that way lol

But I do agree that thongs aren't for ebveryone! And it is disgusting to have them showing

26. Katelyn Weel profile image91
    Katelyn Weelposted 14 years ago

Sport thongs are actually super comfortable.. better than regular undies any day. Especially when wearing tighter track pants or dress pants, so you don't end up with panty lines.

1. Pantywearer profile image60
      Pantywearerposted 14 years agoin reply to this

I didn't know they made sport thongs.  Katelyn...where do they sell sport thongs?  Are sport thongs different than regular thongs?

27. elisabethkcmo profile image77
    elisabethkcmoposted 14 years ago

thongs are surprisingly comfortable
    and make you feel sexy

28. profile image0
    Poppa Bluesposted 14 years ago

I use tongs on the barbecue to turn meat and to remove corn on the cob from the pot. They are very useful. We also have tongs with a very long handle which we use to dig clams from the bottom of the bay. I like tongs!

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
Necessary
HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
Features
Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
Marketing
Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
Statistics
Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)