Introducing SONI2006's CLONE - Hubpages new user - SONI2009

Jump to Last Post 1-17 of 17 discussions (41 posts)
  1. soni2006 profile image76
    soni2006posted 14 years ago

Today, I logged into my account and was surprised to see the fan mail of soni2009 who has used my profile pic on his profile. Actually, I became much more surprised when I checked out my url trackers where it was showing that soni2009 joined hubpages via my referral tracker on 11/15/2009.

Here is soni2009's hubpages profile link:  http://hubpages.com/profile/soni2009

Up until now, according to soni2009's hubtivity, he has asked some questions but has not created any hubs. The questions are:

1.  Who will add my adsense account?

2.  What is the achivement of sachin tendulkar in cricket?

3.  What is your opinion about soni2009?

4.  How the ranking of cricket team is determined?

5.  How India is better than other countries?

6.  Do you believe Ghosts? have you faced any real time experience?

7.  What are the different types of suicides?

8.  If a person becomes popular, will he be targeted to defame?

9.  How many personailites can you see having similar faces?

plus he has joined some more fan clubs namely; soni2009 became the fan of HubMerc, soni2009 became the fan of Edgeymon, soni2009 became the fan of reeltaulk, soni2009 became soni2006's fan and has left some fan mail which soni2006 has approved, then  soni2006 became the fan of soni2009 and has left him some fan mail which he has not yet approved.

IMPORTANT NOTE:  SONI2006 and SONI2009 ARE BOTH DIFFERENT USERS WITH DIFFERENT IDENTITIES. I DO NOT KNOW WHAT IS THE PURPOSE OF SONI2009 WHO JOINED HUBPAGES USING SONI2006'S PROFILE IMAGE, SO I REQUEST MY FANS TO PLEASE MAKE SURE THAT WHILE DOING ANY HUBTIVITY OR SHARING ANY IMPORTANT INFO LIKE COMMENTS OR ANSWERS TO QUESTIONS, CHECK THE USER NAMES.

MY USERNAME IS soni2006 and not soni2009.

1. mandybeau1 profile image61
      mandybeau1posted 14 years agoin reply to this

Soni do u realise that there is a Summer Tan and products website that comes up on your Site...........??????????????????? It just did it twice, so its prob some form of spamming...... It has just click on an ad automatically... This can disable your account..........

soni2006posted 14 years agoin reply to this

Hi Mandy, please let me know about it in detail. I am really worried about this. Also, tell me how it comes up on my site as I cannot see it over here.

1. mandybeau1 profile image61

O.K. It is called Summer Tan it just popped up and then the Internet thingy came on that said cannot display this page. Then I realised it was chucking open websites. So I switched over as I guessed it was making use of somones clicks then there is this thing in the avator like a monkey with sorry on it. The web page is blue and yellow and looks like one of those cheapy we sell everything Sites.
          There is also something wrong with this page as all the other Forums jump to last reply this one makes you scroll through the lot.  I hadmy adsense disabled for illegal clicking,  I had had a similiar thing happen, with an auto clicker, I think the person, may have been someone that I gave too many details to.
          My fault
          Mandy.

so is it a problem on your computer or your account or my account????

Please verify??

1. rmcrayne profile image90
              rmcrayneposted 14 years agoin reply to this

What is the status of this?!

2. weblog profile image57
    weblogposted 14 years ago

Soni, it's good that you're letting hubbers know this!

Is it that your referral is overly inspired by you and your avatar? I wonder smile

Thanks a lot weblog. I do not know what is the case. I will send an email to soni2009 today to ask why he has used my profile image  which is my real pic in his profile. If at all, he says that he was inspired by me and did that for that reason, I will ask him that he should have took permission from me before doing this.

3. GeneralHowitzer profile image67
    GeneralHowitzerposted 14 years ago

Looks like you are popular already that a user dared to ride on your performance...

I think you are right General because I am really worried about that, basically after reading these two questions which are very suspicious:

8.  If a person becomes popular, will he be targeted to defame?

9.  How many personailites can you see having similar faces?

1. GeneralHowitzer profile image67
        GeneralHowitzerposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Dont worry there man, a copycat will never be given accolades... The original stuffs will always prevail...

Thank you General. I am doing what I think is right to do and after reading all of your's comments, I think I am on the right track.

4. profile image0
    Crazdwriterposted 14 years ago

I would report him to the team and see what they say. how weird Soni! Kinda creepy too. you've got a stalker....

I agree mam but let's wait for the email response. It can be one of my friend or a known person trying to make fun of me or a real admirer, who knows, I am not sure of this because there has been no direct threat on me up until now.

Plus I have asked him to remove my real pic from his profile. If he does that and there are no further issues, I will not report but if there is something serious, I will definitely report.

1. profile image0
        Crazdwriterposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Keep me posted on what happens. I want to know what he or she says about using your picture and all that.

I will definitely do it. I will show it you plus also to every hubber because it can be done with someone else also. This will be an example for other people who are potentially trying to steal credits out of other's popularity.

1. profile image0

thanks for letting us know..TOTALLy creepy and totally lame that someone would try to do something like that to anyone. Sorry you had to be their target, Soni!

5. Veronica Allen profile image70
    Veronica Allenposted 14 years ago

Soni I really hope you will be able to resolve this issue. That is scary though. It would be a shame if all the hard work you've done is discredited by something like this. Thanks for giving us the heads up.

Thanks a lot Veronica. I am glad that you are always there for the support.

6. Shalini Kagal profile image54
    Shalini Kagalposted 14 years ago

That can be a bit unnerving Soni - and using your pic is absolutely not on! Do hope you get this sorted out quickly!

Yes Shalini, that's what I have written in the mail sent to soni2009 that using "username as "soni2009" is fine with me but using my profile pic is a potential harm to the work done by me" and I have asked the user to remove that pic immediately.

7. soni2009 profile image58
    soni2009posted 14 years ago

sorry soni2006,

just I saw your referral url and when i clicked registration page came..

so i gave your id...

just to join..

nothing to do with your image.. (now i have replaced)..

Thanks a lot soni2009 for changing that pic. As you have done it so early, I have not reported it to the hubpages team. Please tell us know who you are and why you used my pic in your profile page. Please always remember to never do that with anyone else's pic.

As you are new to hubpages, I do not have any problem because mistakes are done by human beings and not by robots.

8. profile image55
    fun2hubposted 14 years ago

Mandy is confusing huh?

Yes, I am confused now.

2. mandybeau1 profile image61

Nah
      Mandy

9. Princessa profile image83
    Princessaposted 14 years ago

That's scary... and very annoying.  I hope you can find a solution.  It is bad enough to have people copying our hubs, but having someone using your profile picture and your name (only changing one letter) is just too much!

10. Choke Frantic profile image70
    Choke Franticposted 14 years ago

Hm, this is kinda creepy! Maybe you should be flattered? Thanks for letting us know.

11. soni2009 profile image58
    soni2009posted 14 years ago

hai Soni2006,

nothing to worry..

just keep posting..

today you will get the secret...

Thanks for the email. All issues resolved. That was a freaky unnerving surprise though.

1. profile image0

Everything okay now, soni?

Yes friend. Everything is okay now. That's hubber-2009 who was trying to give me a surprise. Thanks for the concern.

12. hublim profile image67
    hublimposted 14 years ago

Soni2006

You have a hubclone!

Where hublim?????? Please tell me???

1. hublim profile image67
        hublimposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Soni2009, or has the issue now been resolved? It seems they've changed the profile picture now.

13. retellect profile image70
    retellectposted 14 years ago

Soni, don't worry too much about him. If the team cancels his account then no worries. If they don't however, change your profile pic......if he keeps stealing it then that should be enough grounds to cancel his account.

Keep us posted though, let us know what he says! smile

14. profile image0
    reeltaulkposted 14 years ago

I did find it strange that you became my fan twice, just thought it was an error of hubpages

15. barryrutherford profile image74
    barryrutherfordposted 14 years ago

I think it is time to report it !

16. hubber-2009 profile image57
    hubber-2009posted 14 years ago

I am sorry, that I wanted to give a surprise to soni2006, it has become a big issued and lot of dimension took place...

Don't worry. Everything is fine now.

17. oxymoron profile image57
    oxymoronposted 14 years ago

Oh what a drama, but all for good smile

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
Necessary
HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
Features
Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
Marketing
Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
Statistics
Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)