are this not signs of end time

Jump to Last Post 1-18 of 18 discussions (48 posts)
  1. efeguy profile image39
    efeguyposted 14 years ago

economic meltdown,
    global warming,
    swine flu
    bird flu
    HIV
    earthquakes
    wars
    I can go, are this not signs that the end is near?{i mean the lord coming}

1. Paraglider profile image88
      Paragliderposted 14 years agoin reply to this

It's a sign - the hidden message wink

As Earnest said.

1. profile image0
        ralwusposted 14 years agoin reply to this

That's pretty cool how ya did that one PG. God, now I'm scared! Must be bible code.

2. Cagsil profile image70
      Cagsilposted 14 years agoin reply to this

You want to keep thinking that there is a mystical God coming to claim the Human Race and bring them to a higher meaning, is complete foolishness, but is your right to believe.

However, to make this quite simple- There is NO END of days coming anytime soon.

But, I do find your point to be skewed and a quite negative aspect about Life on Earth. With that said- I shall let you get back to doing whatever it was you were doing.

If you're unaware- I have no religion or religious belief. I reject all religious mystical faith, due to the fact that our minds don't deal in the mystical word, but much more in reality, because it is what we see and know.

Have a great day. big_smile

3. profile image0
      sandra rinckposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Look for the Mother Ship! big_smile

1. profile image0
        Crazdwriterposted 14 years agoin reply to this

lol Sandra the mother ship called and said they'll be running a few centuries late lol

1. profile image0
          sandra rinckposted 14 years agoin reply to this

When will they get with the times! lol

1. profile image0
            Crazdwriterposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Don't ask me ask them...I've got their cell number saved if ya want it lol

2. cheaptrick profile image75
        cheaptrickposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Which will be followed by the Father ship(for misogynists).lol

4. mohitmisra profile image60
      mohitmisraposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Warning for humanity to shape up.

5. profile image53
      (Q)posted 14 years agoin reply to this

Wouldn't the Black Plague that spread across Europe be far more a "sign" of the end times than what you've offered?

6. profile image0
      Poppa Bluesposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Nope. When the end comes, we won't get any warning.

7. sooner than later profile image61
      sooner than laterposted 14 years agoin reply to this

It is getting close. Here are the main prophecies I am interested in;

1. the temple must be re-built in Jerusalem. Jews are building it now.(after all these years? yes interesting isn't it)

2. "man's ability to travel will be greatly increased" - one hundred years ago we could only travel as fast as a horse could run.

3. "there will be one world order" Why have the politicians been talking and using those SAME EXACT WORDS? Over and over- it is the agenda.

4. "man will have the ability to destroy the earth" last 50 years.

8. Bredavies profile image62
      Bredaviesposted 14 years agoin reply to this

well the econoic meltdown..I don't know if that would count. And I don't think the bird flu is that big anymore. I think it willl be the end if people don't start changing.

9. seyiari profile image60
      seyiariposted 14 years agoin reply to this

no , they are not a sign, you want to know end time sign see what the bible says :
      Mat 24:3  And as He sat on the Mount of Olives, the disciples came to Him privately, saying, Tell us, when shall these things be? And what shall be the sign of Your coming, and of the end of the world?
      Mat 24:4  And Jesus answered and said to them, Take heed that no man deceive you.
      Mat 24:5  For many will come in My name, saying, I am Christ, and will deceive many.
      Mat 24:6  And you will hear of wars and rumors of wars. See that you are not troubled, for all these things must occur; but the end is not yet.
      Mat 24:7  For nation will rise against nation, and kingdom against kingdom. And there will be famines and pestilences and earthquakes in different places.
      Mat 24:8  All these are the beginning of sorrows.
      Mat 24:9  Then they will deliver you up to be afflicted and will kill you. And you will be hated of all nations for My name's sake.
      Mat 24:10  And then many will be offended, and will betray one another, and will hate one another.
      Mat 24:11  And many false prophets will rise and deceive many.
      Mat 24:12  And because iniquity shall abound, the love of many will become cold.
      Mat 24:13  But he who endures to the end, the same shall be kept safe.
      Mat 24:14  And this gospel of the kingdom shall be proclaimed in all the world as a witness to all nations. And then the end shall come.
      Mat 24:15  Therefore when you see the abomination of desolation, spoken of by Daniel the prophet, stand in the holy place (whoever reads, let him understand).
      Mat 24:16  Then let those in Judea flee into the mountains.
      Mat 24:17  Let him on the housetop not come down to take anything out of his house;
      Mat 24:18  nor let him in the field turn back to take his clothes.
      Mat 24:19  And woe to those who are with child, and to those who give suck in those days!
      Mat 24:20  But pray that your flight is not in the winter, nor on the sabbath day;
      Mat 24:21  for then shall be great tribulation, such as has not been since the beginning of the world to this time; no, nor ever shall be.
      Mat 24:22  And unless those days should be shortened, no flesh would be saved. But for the elect's sake, those days shall be shortened.
      Mat 24:23  Then if any man shall say to you, Lo, here is Christ! Or, There! Do not believe it.
      Mat 24:24  For false Christs and false prophets will arise and show great signs and wonders; so much so that, if it were possible, they would deceive even the elect.
      Mat 24:25  Behold, I have told you beforehand.
      Mat 24:26  Therefore if they shall say to you, Behold, He is in the desert! Do not go out. Behold, He is in the secret rooms! Do not believe it.
      Mat 24:27  For as the lightning comes out of the east and shines even to the west, so also will be the coming of the Son of Man.
      Mat 24:28  For wherever the carcass is, there the eagles will be gathered.
      Mat 24:29  And immediately after the tribulation of those days, the sun shall be darkened and the moon shall not give her light, and the stars shall fall from the heaven, and the powers of the heavens shall be shaken.
      Mat 24:30  And then the sign of the Son of Man shall appear in the heavens. And then all the tribes of the earth shall mourn, and they shall see the Son of Man coming in the clouds of the heaven with power and great glory.
      Mat 24:31  And He shall send His angels with a great sound of a trumpet, and they shall gather His elect from the four winds, from one end of the heavens to the other.
      Mat 24:32  Now learn a parable of the fig tree. When its branch is still tender and puts out leaves, you know that summer is near.
      Mat 24:33  So you, likewise, when you see all these things, shall know that it is near, at the doors.
      Mat 24:34  Truly I say to you, This generation shall not pass until all these things are fulfilled.
      Mat 24:35  The heaven and the earth shall pass away, but My Words shall not pass away.
      Mat 24:36  But of that day and hour no one knows, no, not the angels of Heaven, but only My Father.
      Mat 24:37  But as the days of Noah were, so shall be the coming of the Son of Man.
      Mat 24:38  For as in the days before the flood, they were eating and drinking, marrying and giving in marriage, until the day Noah entered into the ark.
      Mat 24:39  And they did not know until the flood came and took them all away. So also will be the coming of the Son of Man.
      Mat 24:40  Then two shall be in the field; the one shall be taken, and the other left.
      Mat 24:41  Two shall be grinding at the mill; the one shall be taken, and the other left.
      Mat 24:42  Therefore watch; for you do not know what hour your Lord comes.
      Mat 24:43  But know this, that if the steward of the house had known in what watch the thief would come, he would have watched and would not have allowed his house to be dug through.
      Mat 24:44  Therefore you also be ready, for in that hour you think not, the Son of Man comes.
      Mat 24:45  Who then is a faithful and wise servant, whom his Lord has made ruler over His household, to give them food in due season?
      Mat 24:46  Blessed is that servant whom his Lord shall find him doing so when He comes.
      Mat 24:47  Truly I say to you that He shall make him ruler over all His goods.
      Mat 24:48  But if that evil servant shall say in his heart, My Lord delays His coming,
      Mat 24:49  and shall begin to strike his fellow servants, and to eat and drink with the drunken,
      Mat 24:50  the Lord of that servant shall come in a day when he does not look for Him, and in an hour which he does not know.
      Mat 24:51  And He shall cut him apart and appoint him his portion with the hypocrites. There shall be weeping and gnashing of teeth.

10. Clara Ghomes profile image61
      Clara Ghomesposted 14 years agoin reply to this

End is near according to the bible proficies.. lets see when teh doomsday come.. smile

11. Bovine Currency profile image59
      Bovine Currencyposted 14 years agoin reply to this

wars - N/A - always been war, no correlation to 'the end'

earthquakes - N/A - always been earthquakes, no correlation to the end

HIV - N/A - HIV does not kill people, AIDS kills people and there are drugs available that stop HIV becoming AIDS, no correlation to the end

bird flu/swine flu - N/A - hardly worth a mention - no correlation to the end

Global Warming - N/a - we can fly into space, split the atom, create test tube babies, clone sheep - no correlation to the end

1. Bovine Currency profile image59

Oh yeah,

economic meltdown - Definetly N/A -  not going to spell this one out - no correlation to the end

12. aguasilver profile image71
      aguasilverposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Hi my brother efeguy...

2 Peter 3

God’s Promise Is Not Slack

1 Beloved, I now write to you this second epistle (in both of which I stir up your pure minds by way of reminder), 2 that you may be mindful of the words which were spoken before by the holy prophets, and of the commandment of us,[a] the apostles of the Lord and Savior, 3 knowing this first: that scoffers will come in the last days, walking according to their own lusts, 4 and saying, “Where is the promise of His coming? For since the fathers fell asleep, all things continue as they were from the beginning of creation.”

Posting here is like tossing snowballs into Hell, but welcome brother and keep preaching in season and out of season, it infuriates them! smile

Yes we are in the beginning of the birth pains, yes all these things have happened throughout history, but not all at the same time, which is what Matthew 24 is speaking of.

Remember when you deal with these people that they have only studied the bible to justify their disbelief, they are not filled with the Holy Spirit, and they do not know that by default they are under Satan's dominion.

They are disadvantaged, but they are also self willed and in rebellion.

Matthew 10:16(New King James Version)

“Behold, I send you out as sheep in the midst of wolves. Therefore be wise as serpents and harmless as doves."

Stay Blessed.

13. profile image48
      kstewposted 14 years agoin reply to this

First of all in myopinion all the Swine Flus and bird flus and shit like that it's call " POPULATION CONTROL" the fucking government!!! it's all them and there corrupt minds.

2. earnestshub profile image80
    earnestshubposted 14 years ago

Don't get your nickers in a knot efeguy, the world is just doing what it always has, scaring the shit out of people so they go looking for some god to save them. Been happening since the beginning of conciousness. smile

1. profile image48
      kstewposted 14 years agoin reply to this

(some god to save them.)

well who are you two judge someone beleifs!!!!!

1. earnestshub profile image80
        earnestshubposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Well, I an literate for starters! lol

3. Lisa HW profile image60
    Lisa HWposted 14 years ago

There have always been diseases and plagues, and there's always been war.  There have always been Earthquakes.  Economy issues are about nothing but money.  If anyone thinks enough about all the bad things in the world (I mean, seriously enough and long enough) it can be depressing and anxiety-producing, and being depressed or anxious makes people have a sense of doom.

4. kess profile image60
    kessposted 14 years ago

This age has through quite a few cycles, but now the cycle is about to break.

Now what do you do?

Develop a desire for truth in the inward parts.

Walk upright before all men especially when none reguire it of you.

Flee all religion.

efeguyposted 14 years agoin reply to this

thanks for your view.

5. PabstPenrose profile image60
    PabstPenroseposted 14 years ago

Wars have been going on for thousands of years. But I guess it's a good time for conspiracies to rise about Obama being the Anti-Christ, eh?

6. Lisa HW profile image60
    Lisa HWposted 14 years ago

Oh well, the way I've been feeling lately, if it's the end of times it won't be the end of the world (oh, wait, I guess it would be.  smile

thanks for your funny view. i also feel the same

7. bojanglesk8 profile image60
    bojanglesk8posted 14 years ago

Yes, by 12/21/12 we will all be sadly dead...

1. stormie92 profile image57
      stormie92posted 14 years agoin reply to this

The world is not going to end on 12/21/12. It's stupid. The reason the Mayan calender stopped on that day and year is because:

1.) Maybe they thought that the world will be over, but they could not predict the future.

or

2.) The Mayan race died out, went missing. So the guy who was creating the calender died before he got to finish.

It's a new year. We are all going to live. We will NOT die. Our race will die because of scientific reasons, like the sun dying. Running out water. A deadly disease that there is no cure for. A black hole that will suck everything up and destroy the world. Etc. Etc. Etc.

As for nuclear war, I am pretty sure no one is absolutely determined to nuke anyone, because if someone does, the fumes and deadly material in the bomb will spread ALL OVER because of the wind. It would kill a lot of people all over the world. All the countries may talk crap, but they won't do it.

Once again, we will die of scientific reasons. Not because a Mayan calender was not finished or because Jesus is sick of us.

8. Presigo profile image61
    Presigoposted 14 years ago

I certainly dont know when the end comes. I know that most all generations have felt that the time was in their lives. We should be living as if the end were near, love more, repent for our wrong doings. All in all we need to give more of ourselves to all those in our life.

9. profile image0
    AdviceDoctorposted 14 years ago

No.

Can't put it better than that! smile

1. profile image0
        AdviceDoctorposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Right? I just don't believe it. I mean, religion is bullshit. No, sorry, religion is the mother of all bullshits. And the mother earth thing, okay.. I'm fine with calling earth "mother earth", but she has no idea what the hell is going on here. Why would an earth have any idea we have an economical meltdown?

Think about it..

2. Bovine Currency profile image59

Nice.

10. chambersgirl21 profile image61
    chambersgirl21posted 14 years ago

Yes we are very much in the end times right now. The best thing we can do is to live the way Jesus wanted us to and be prepared.

thanks for your view

11. earnestshub profile image80

Ole Matthew sure wanted to get his point across! smile

1. getitrite profile image71
      getitriteposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Yeah.  I think I'll go gnash my teeth now!  lol

12. earnestshub profile image80

Great. A thinker, makes a nice change. smile

13. chronage profile image60
    chronageposted 14 years ago

since the dawn of time there has been earthquakes, volcanoes, Tidal waves, these are not showing the end of the world,
    Disease's are spread easier with more people on the planet the more populated the earth is the more freely disease's will flow, If you think the end of world is now then what would you think about 1914

14. kiwi gal profile image60
    kiwi galposted 14 years ago

Mother nature plays a huge part in life,
    Everyday you wake up is a bonus
    Live it to the full

Spot on! At any moment the planet could decide not to be here and it has to do with physics not any god. smile Lets enjoy life and hope it continues for those we love well in to the future. smile

15. Artin2010 profile image65
    Artin2010posted 14 years ago

John the apostle quoted Christ in the end of Revelations Chapter 22, vs.20 saying, " Surely I come quickly."
    Man can only make predictions of the future events leading up to and at the end of times. The Alpha and Omega, God is the only one who really knows.
    Man should grow some more grapes, make some great wine, drink it and take a couple of Vycodin and prophecy a little more.
    Nostradamus, Mayan Indians, wine,drugs and predictions.
    Mankinds history tells us that there will always be perdition and the only thing that will destroy man is man! we are our own worst enemies. {Self}
    Planet earth has always been changing and will continue to change, we shall change right along with it.Maybe for the better, but maybe for the worse. It is up to us to strive to be the best stewards we can be of our environment and stop killing each other and the planet we call H O M E!!
    God be with us!

16. GL Bell profile image59
    GL Bellposted 14 years ago

You forgot poor/ Bad TV programs in th list...A sure sign...

17. Jerami profile image59
    Jeramiposted 14 years ago

These are not the signs of the times as spoken of by Jesus Christ in Matt 24.  But these are the times of the   ...
    "Last times of indignation". The 1000 year reign that Satan was bound is over!!!   The "Little season" that he is given to bring together the kings of the earth to the battle of Armageddon is about to be fulfilled.   In My Opinion any way.

But who am I?   Just a kook ???  Maybe not!!!

18. efeguy profile image39
    efeguyposted 14 years ago

thanks for all your views

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
Necessary
HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
Features
Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
Marketing
Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
Statistics
Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)