Do you believe in Karma? is their any God or Bad Karma?

Jump to Last Post 1-8 of 8 discussions (16 posts)
  1. richgerman profile image61
    richgermanposted 15 years ago

Karma influences our current life in two ways. First, we carry karma as part of our life conditions, though not all of our conditions are karmic in origin. Karma is the part of our conditions that represents unfinished business and other residues from the past. Second, we create future karma continually with every thought and action.

As an individuated part of Spirit there will be particular areas of growth necessary for our personal evolution. There are also areas in which we may best contribute to the growth of Spirit in its totality. Sometimes karma thrusts us into diametrically opposite conditions than we previously experienced.

The first step in dealing with existing karma is awareness and acknowledgement of it. Are there any themes that seem to recur throughout your life? Nothing happens by chance. Recurrent themes suggest the hand of karma. These recurrent themes are telling you they are providing conditions for some necessary life experience.

This experience may be obvious to you, but where it is not you may need to ask Spirit for guidance through prayer, meditation, or through your dreams.

Once you understand the karmic themes of your incarnation you can start working with them, ie swim with the tide rather than against it. If you find it hard to acquire or hold money, you need to practice good money management. If you find it hard to make friends you need to be that bit nicer to others� If you're not sure how to work with your karma, ask for guidance and be open to the answers.

The second aspect of karma is that it is being created all the time. Every act of will, every thought, is a karmic act. By acting in accordance with our Spiritual purpose in particular and Spiritual principles in general we create good karma for tomorrow. But good karma doesn't mean material success; it is concerned with Spiritual progress and making one's soul available to more advanced lessons rather than continually repeating grade 1.

Do unto others as you would have others do unto you Matthew 7-120

Karma works at a more immediate level by returning to you what you give to others. There's nothing particularly mystical about this. If you're friendly to others, you receive friendship. If you're generous, people are more inclined to be generous to you.

QUESTION: how would you react to this statement? Do you believe in this?

1. darkside profile image63
      darksideposted 15 years agoin reply to this

I'm curious as to why you copy and paste whole slabs of content from other sites to start forum threads.

1. richgerman profile image61
        richgermanposted 15 years agoin reply to this

this how we collect ideas of hubbers on this whole statement on how he define the word karma

2. Mark Knowles profile image59
      Mark Knowlesposted 15 years agoin reply to this

brokegerman - this is spam. And it doesn't belong to you. All you are doing is persuading us you are no good at what you claim to be good at.

For someone touting themselves to being recognized as one of the top business and life coaches in North America today he doesn't seem to have an fracking clue.

1. Inspirepub profile image70
          Inspirepubposted 15 years agoin reply to this

Aaaah ... maybe he's a Cylon, then ...

Very clever. I see you picked up on my BSG flavoured cussing. big_smile

2. balisunset profile image60
    balisunsetposted 15 years ago

If life is just so predictable, everybody will become good guys....

because I see a rich and evil man live happily until death.....and a good guy languished in poverty  and sadness

3. omarabid profile image43
    omarabidposted 15 years ago

I think good and not god :!

4. profile image0
    terrygposted 15 years ago

Thank goodness for that Mark,

I was reading the same thing over at new-age-spirituality.com that was just about word for word on the thread and thought my browser was broken.

5. terenceyap07 profile image60
    terenceyap07posted 15 years ago

What german has posted here was actually copied, word for word, from this url:

http://www.karmadirectory.com/karma-directory.htm

This article was actually written by "J. Finnis". That wasn't very nice, german.

6. terenceyap07 profile image60
    terenceyap07posted 15 years ago

And there's a google adsense advertisement entitled:

"Law Of Attraction Scam
    Dont Buy Another Law Of Attraction Product Until You Have Seen This"

German, why does this advertisement say this? Is it talking about your book?

7. Mark Knowles profile image59
    Mark Knowlesposted 15 years ago

Terence - this is just a typical spammer who has read an ebook entitled, "How to use forums to generate massive amounts of traffic to your website." lol

He is not looking for a dialogue.

He might be back to defend himself, but I doubt it. They rarely do, but it is fun when it happens big_smile

1. terenceyap07 profile image60
      terenceyap07posted 15 years agoin reply to this

Thanks for the heads up, Mark. There is indeed so much to learn here on the internet.

8. CarpetDiem profile image72
    CarpetDiemposted 15 years ago

If this post was spam (and I don't know what else it would be, though if it is, I'm not sure what the point is...), then the spammer should learn to spell! "Is their any God or Bad Karma?" should be "Is THERE any GOOD or Bad Karma?" Well, I do believe in Karma and have found that when I help other people, I feel good, and eventually I believe it comes back to me. As to this spammer, I hope there is Bad Karma as well... I clicked through to his profile and wonder if the picture of "him" is stolen as well... any ideas on how we could find out?

1. terenceyap07 profile image60
      terenceyap07posted 15 years agoin reply to this

I ran a Whois check on german. He hasn't been blacklisted yet but he's lost almost 2 miilion points on his Alexa rating over the past 3 months. Here's his IP adress if you want to run a check on him, too.

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
Necessary
HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
Features
Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
Marketing
Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
Statistics
Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)