OBAMA

Jump to Last Post 1-28 of 28 discussions (62 posts)
  1. profile image49
    maribellposted 15 years ago

Why is people hipnotized with him? Because he is black he has the right to be president?
    He has no qualifications or expirence to be president yet, but the left wing media, already making him the president, and i do not like that.

1. leftquark profile image60
      leftquarkposted 15 years agoin reply to this

I recommend reading his book "The Audacity of Hope".  He is an amazing writer and he makes his political views very clear.  Besides, what qualifications did George W Bush have other than a C average in college and being a failed businessman?

2. profile image0
      Zarm Nefilinposted 15 years agoin reply to this

Left wing media?

That depends on how you define media.  Rush Limbaugh, Laura Schlessinger, Michael Savage, Mike Gallagher, Ann Coulter, Bill O'Reilly, and Fox News are all in the media business themselves.

They are all well versed in the art of spin doctoring and spinning/manipulating people's emotions, and somewhat similarly the left wingers are good at spin doctoring and spinning people's intellects.

This is not about right or left this is about freedom and what has been taken from us.

We will get it back.

John McCain likes to talk tough, but he is senile.  Obama is the only one who really had the balls to stand up to the status quo and against the occupation of Iraq.

Hell, we occupied Haiti back in the earlier half of the 20th century.  It wasn't right then, and it isn't right now, no matter the political excuse.

3. lyubansk profile image79
      lyubanskposted 15 years agoin reply to this

Hypnosis implies that people are misled into doing something that they don't really want to do or wouldn't normally do in a fully conscious state.  Obama supporters are not hypnotized.  They just have a different world view and social beliefs than their more conservative counterparts.  And like their counterparts, they support their candidate because they are persuaded that his leadership is in America's best interest.  To suggest that Obama supporters are mindless puppets, as you do, is disrespectful.

And no, of course being Black doesn't give him the right to be President, but it doesn't take away that right either (as you seem to also imply).  More to the point, there is nothing wrong with considering the candidate's race in determining who to vote for.  I explained why this is not only acceptable but necessary in this recent hub: http://hubpages.com/hub/The-racial-impl … Presidency

1. Hill Country profile image61
        Hill Countryposted 15 years agoin reply to this

People also ignore the fact that the man's just a darn good politician, the likes of which the Democratic Party is blessed to have twice in such a short span of time. Not since Bill Clinton has a man with his prodigious talents graced one of our national parties. He's shrewd and he out-maneuvers the competition. There's a hub in which I explain why he also benefits from luck sometimes. http://hubpages.com/_2tfnh89kr3msw/hub/ … -for-Obama

That said, I agree with the reasons you stated in your recent hub about why an Obama presidency would shake up all the old grievances and alliances.

2. pfuller profile image60
    pfullerposted 15 years ago

Barack Obama has more than enough qualifications and experience to be president.  That is just a smoke screen for people.

If you do not agree with his policies then don't stoop so low and repeat stupid statements.  Tell us why you do not agree with his policies instead.

1. thranax profile image73
      thranaxposted 15 years agoin reply to this

Agreed.

2. College politico profile image60
      College politicoposted 15 years agoin reply to this

Are you kidding? What qualifications or experience does he have? Umm last time I checked being a freshman senator doesn't qualify you to be the leader of the free world.

But here's my full opinion:

I'm a believer in someone knowing what they're doing when they apply for a job and I think that when Obama choose to run on a national ticket he had to start before having served a day in the senate, some people might be comfortable voting for someone who has done that, but I am not.

Ooooopps. Sorry I accidentally confused my opinion with that of Barack Obama's from 2004... my bad.

Here's the video so you can all fact check: http://youtube.com/watch?v=4gexyfVpFMU

1. Paraglider profile image88
        Paragliderposted 15 years agoin reply to this

The President of the United States is not the leader of the free world. The new President, whoever he is, will inherit a lame economy and a discredited foreign policy. His job will be to restore American credibility at home and abroad. Both sadly damaged in recent years.

1. profile image0

Hehe Paraglider, he IS the leader of the free world according to arrogant imperialist neo-cons.

Hubris will be their downfall, now and in future elections as well.

Hubris was the downfall of the British around the time of the birth of the US and the neo-cons are no exception to the rule that has been shown time and again in history, that people who have a lot of control tend to get very arrogant and careless, and as a result end up losing that control.

It's all rather funny in a very "big picture" sort of way.

"In the land of the blind the one eyed man is king"  may very well be true.  What happens however when that "one eyed man" gets drunk with power and reckless and careless?  The two eyed men come along and take it away from him.  Unless the one eyed man is willing go the route of a Xerxes or Hitler (and not many of those one eyed men are), then he ends up being voted out or kicked out of power, which is exactly what is going to happen real soon..

You cannot be a super charismatic demagogue con artist and a highly intelligent person at the same time.  The mere fact that most people like Xerxes and Hitler believed their own lies is proof in the pudding that their own lies/political dogmas make them less aware, and therefore less intelligent.  Being less intelligent and arrogant to boot, they are naturally more vulnerable to people who are far more intelligent than they who see hubris as a strategic weakness to be exploited.  When you are a demagogue and the stuff hits the fan, your only option is being ruthless to continue to stay in power, and that is not for the faint of heart (to mock those in power right now).

Obama being as left as he really is cannot help but restore the balance in this country right now.  I will be voting for him.

If he takes Chuck Hagel as his VP the republicans in power will be looking even far more pathetic than they already are atm (and that is pretty pathetic).  If I were Obama I would take former NATO Supreme Commander Wesley Clark as my VP or as my Secretary of Defense.

On a lighter note, my hats off to Dr. James Dobson for realizing how the neo conservatives tooled him and socially conservative evangelicals in order to get the Bush administration into power.  He is a smart man, even if his beliefs are evil in my opinion, and if he refuses to vote for McCain and encourages others to do so, then to a certain extent I could say he is also a man of his word.

If we keep voting the neo-conservatives into power, then in three or four more election cycles we won't constitutionally be America anymore, People.

Left, Right, or Center.

Wake up.

3. profile image51
    TMichael66posted 15 years ago

I agree with pfuller. There is no hypnotism or magic involved. Obama simply has ideas that the country likes. In case you've been living in a box, the Bush policies haven't been working out too well.

A better question might be to ask why on Earth so many people voted for Bush in 2004. It's a shame that it took so long for 75% of the population to finally understand what a horrid president he has been.

Just my two cents.

4. profile image0
    oberbrecklingposted 15 years ago

(well theres no magic) about him , he tells the truth,tells it how it is sometimes all the tricks in the world wont stand against the truth ,but I think thats why so many like him we are tired of being lied too.

5. profile image0

REALLY! LOL

6. profile image0

HaHa that is very true and all that was at the hand of a experienced person hell his dad was allready president Get real politico1

7. College politico profile image60
    College politicoposted 15 years ago

Are you all kidding? You've seriously never heard the term "leader of the free world"?

And what a typical response from Obama supporters... Don't bother talking about the issue at hand, start talking about something else.

But on the side track you seem to want to take, I'm wondering how full employment and positive economic growth is tantamount to a lame economy? If by lame you mean a slowed economy, then certainly. But if by lame you mean an economy in a recession, then you are incorrect since a recession is defined as atleast two consecutive quarters of negative growth and we have yet to see one.

So now that that's out of the way can we get back to how Obama is experienced enough to be president when he himself didn't think so in 2004?

1. profile image0

Your living in a bubble dude, seriously.  Chuck Hagel of all people, freakin Chuck Hagel is expressing his openness to a VP position should Obama desire him.

Chuck Hagel.

This election is not about right or left, this election is about freedom and what different people think it means definitionally.

Like the freedom to prosper in a good economy, and no our economy is not good right now and it is projected to get worse.  Worse as in all hell breaks loose?  No.  Worse as in worse than it is now.

2. TheCapn profile image60
      TheCapnposted 15 years agoin reply to this

Obama also has 0 years experience of being the president of a country, we should definitely toss his resume.

On a more serious note recession is a retarded term. When the country gets close to one it's the responsibility of the government to cook the books as best they can to minimize the relative damage of what's been done. It's not an old practice, national accounting has been getting screwed with for years. If by lame economy he means a crappy economy where the average American worker hasn't seen a wage increase in decades, the housing and credit markets are in the toilet, gas and oil are at higher prices than they've ever been, and everything all in all appears to be screwed, then I'd agree.

3. Paraglider profile image88
      Paragliderposted 15 years agoin reply to this

Of course I've heard the term 'leader of the free world'. Just like I've heard the term 'the man in the moon'. The existence of a phrase doesn't constitute a correlation with reality.

Have you traveled abroad recently? Have you noticed that the dollar doesn't go very far against the Euro? When the Euro started it was about 1 to 1. Now it's changing at 1.55$. The Gulf economies are pegged to the dollar, but are considering breaking the link because the failing dollar is dragging them down. If they do, the dollar will plummet.

Back to Obama - I'm not in any camp. I'm not American. But I've yet to meet anyone in my travels (UK & the Gulf, mainly) who has a kind word for the present administration and who doesn't want a change.

4. Marisa Wright profile image87
      Marisa Wrightposted 15 years agoin reply to this

Yes, we've all heard the expression.  You've probably also heard the term "Britannia rules the waves", but the British Empire doesn't exist any more either.   

In the 1950's and '60's, America was a world leader, and Americans had never had it so good.  Look at a graph of distribution of wealth in the US then, and you'll see it was fairly evenly distributed.   Now, there's a huge divide between the haves and have-nots.  The economy is a basket case, the health system is one a third-world country would be ashamed of, the housing market is in crisis and city crime rates are among the worst in the developed world. 

When I visited America, I was also struck by how racially divided it still is - much more so than anywhere in Europe or Australia - and how uneducated Americans were about the rest of the world - unlike Europeans and Australians.

Sorry, collegepolitico - in the rest of the world, we no longer see any reason to look up to America as a leader.

5. profile image0
      daflaposted 15 years agoin reply to this

Yeah...typical conservative BS.  Try telling the hundreds of thousands of people who have lost their jobs to outsourcing that.  Try telling all the people who are losing their homes that.  Try telling all the people who are paid lousy wages with no right to any sort of recourse that.

This economy sucks.  I know at least 40 people just in my town who have lost their jobs in the last 6 months.  I'm one of them.

That being said, I wouldn't vote for Obama or McCain if they were the last two people on earth.

8. Uninvited Writer profile image79
    Uninvited Writerposted 15 years ago

Like others have said, the president does not need to have that much experience. He will be surrounded by people who have more than enough experience. It's not like he just came out of school, he has lots of experience other than senatorial experience. So, he changed his mind about the experience.

I wish people could stop the name calling on both sides and try to work together. That is what the US needs and what the rest of the world needs from the US. Don't condemn a man before you know what he can do.

I lost $10,000 in my investments due to the US economy, I don't say how you can argue that there is nothing wrong. I don't think that is a left vs right thing.

9. knolyourself profile image60
    knolyourselfposted 15 years ago

Some believe ethanol is causing a world food shortage. Corn instead of cattle feed and food is fuel. The price of food is rising world wide. This was predicted before the ethanol debacle. Money in the bank for politicians courting the ethanol lobby. Rumors are Obama is for corn-based ethanol. If this is true would reduce my opinion of him considerably.

1. profile image0

This right here is the reason food prices just spiked worldwide:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/June_2008_Midwest_floods

There are Yahoo AP news articles explaining how the destruction of crops in our country is causing the prices of these kinds of foods your talking about to spike worldwide.

When we get hurt, everybody get hurts.  That is due to how the global economy is setup.

10. profile image49
    ROBYN118posted 15 years ago

Frankly I am not impressed with either Obama or McCain.  I am a Republican and I have to agree with the post who said Republicans are looking pathetic.  We are.  Republicans have become wimps that do nothing.  They don't stand up for what they believe in any longer.  I have voted Republican every election since I was voting age.  I just don't know that I can go in there and vote for McCain.  He is a very angry old man.  My issues with Obama have nothing to do with his expierence level.  I don't agree with his policies.  I don't like the Rev. Wright issues.  I don't know that I can vote for him either.  This is one election I probably wont decide until I get to the polls.  I do know McCain is no true Republican.  I don't trust him and you never where he is going to stand on what issues.  In that case I might as well vote for Obama.  At least I know what I am getting with him.

1. profile image0

That is just a "guilty-by-association" propaganda tactic that was used by the neo-conservative spin doctors to attempt to create and feed you hatred for a man (Rev. Wright),  who believes in things that Obama does not and never will.  They want to create in you, and other Republicans, the illusion that Rev. Wright is running for president, and not Obama.  That is easy to do if they can get you to think that the two agree on the subject at hand, racism.

They do not agree on that issue and many others, and if you research this, you will see the illusion for what it is, a pre-packaged lie using one of the oldest propaganda techniques in the book, the Communists used this trick countless times for crying out loud.  It is called "guilty-by-association" and it goes something like this:  Take your opponent and try to find exploitable weaknesses in what he believes that can be used to make people despise him, that failing find someone he associated with and try to get people to believe that he believes what the most radical of his friends believes and that he is thereby guilty because of that assocation.  This tactic has worked countless times in history in very very many diverse situations, but this time around not every one is as easily under the neo-conservative thumb, because quite some time has elapsed since 9/11 and people are realizing more and more how the Bush Administration has manipulated us through fear mongering within the years immediately following 9/11.

If you disagree with Obama's policies then that is something else, check out Ron Paul's movement if you are a die-hard Republican, that would be my recommendation, from one citizen to another.  Those people (Ron Paul supporters) are not neo-cons they are mainly ex- Republicans and some libertarians, and they believe in a traditional Republican understanding of our Constitution, whereas Obama belives in a traditional liberal understanding of that same Constitution.

McCain is a senile puppet (imo), and his policies would be disastrous.  He wants to bomb Iran, and the UAEA Energy Chief has already said he thinks the entire middle east would explode into a political fireball if Israel bombed the Iranians. 

One simple question, with a much more inherently complex answer to it:

What do you think would happen if we did?

I think it is well nigh time that Americans stopped listening to the failed politics of the neo-conservatives and their ideological demagoguery. 

Chuck Hagel did, and Chuck Hagel is a good Republican.  Check Chuck Hagel out would be another recommendation, seeing as how you are a Republican. 

From one citizen to another, I support your quest for good policies, even though I am more of a liberal, whatever conclusion that leads you to.  I just hope you find the voice you need, like the rest of us who are trying to this election cycle, whatever that voice may be and whomever you choose to represent it, even if it turns out to be McCain (although I sincerely hope you do not vote for him).

We all need representation, that is what it is all about, our elected leaders representing us as a people, that is one of the things that this country was founded on from day one.  If our elected leaders cannot be by the people and for the people, then the people are royally screwed (emphasis on the royal part).

11. SparklingJewel profile image65
    SparklingJewelposted 15 years ago

Did you see the new Presidential Seal the Obama camp came out with?  Check it out and then tell me there isn't something eliteist and arrogant going on in the minds of those involved in his camp and even with Obama himself.
    Power corrupts everyone.

1. profile image0

Except you, evidently.

12. profile image0

the topic was why are so many people hipnotized by obama.I dont like either one of them and this is not a free country its changed as time goes a little at a time but I can see it in the last 30 years of living things are different its not as free as it use to be and one thing thats really different is the media just the way they try to make a person,group or country look a certain way. well maybe not all media, as far as being able to tell theres something going on in the obama camp Ive been seeing that for a long time and Im sure others do as well but should we vote for WAR you know we are in Iraq for the oil thats not good enough bush and the terroist want to make money now off of drillin off of our shores bush is probaly having lunch with the terroist tommorow dont just take a look around on the surface of the country take a longer look~cool~ cya

13. profile image0

http://hubpages.com/hub/Evacuation-of-t … ar-forever  And you can read more about it here pics to!            ~cool~ cya!

14. profile image49
    ROBYN118posted 15 years ago

I disagree with you blaming my view of Rev. Wright on the neo-cons as you put it.  Obama talks a good game, but he is not trustworthy.  You don't go to a church like that for years and say you never heard this stuff.  Your wife doesn't say This is the first time in her adult life she has ever been proud of America.  Regardless of Rev.  Wright I am just not sure I can vote for Obama simply because of his policies.  I did look at Ron Paul, but in some aspects he is just as wacky as the others.  Bush has kept us safe since 9/11.  I have been upset about his stance on immigration and refusing to do something about the border and all the illegals.  If everyone hates America so much why do they keep sneaking into our country?  This country is divided in every sense of the word, but I don't see either McCain or Obama bringing us together.

1. profile image0

Because the Hispanics who mainly come to America do not hate America at all.  They love America, and that is why they are coming.  Some of them have family across the border even.  Why would they want to hate America?  America has not invaded Mexico and probably never will.

Why would anyone want to hate America?  Well, because we are currently the world's only superpower, and when you are the world's only superpower all your mistakes get magnified.   We have made some mistakes and now a lot of people hate us, whose to say they shouldn't?  Why not just learn from the mistakes and not make them again while we wait for China to ofiicially assume popular superpower status?  Then there will be a lot less responsibility on our shoulders and China can share some of the blame for global political goofups that we have had to burden for far far too long.

America is good stuff if it can stay away from being a police state.  I am optomistic that we can. 

Afterall we have far too many problems to worry about right now other than controlling our own people and preventing dissidence whilst saber rattling our nukes at countries like Iran.  Those days have come and gone for the human race, the days of petty wars and strife.  Population is exploding and we have global warming occuring at a pretty fast pace.  Not to mention we need to implement fossil fuel alternatives asap. 

We are all in this together, every American, every proud European, every Nigerian, every Indonesian, every Russian, every Chinaman, every Mexican, every Honduran, every Canadian, everybody.

America has point right now, and when you are pointman and you are not doing your job in a way that respect's the sensitivities of other cultures/peoples you get blamed for it.

America leads the way right now and a lot of people want to make sure we do not become too controlling or call too many shots.

I really think that the ability to colonize other planets would allow the global community some seriously needed psychological decompression, but the technology does not currently exist for us to do that just yet.  I think that we as a human race need to try to find ways to make that technology so that this planet can rest easy for awhile.  Perhaps a breakthrough will be found in the next few decades that will allow colonization on a discovered planet, although at this point such a thing looks extremely unlikely for the forseeable near future in my lifetime.

My thoughts.

15. twingwiri profile image59
    twingwiriposted 15 years ago

Barack Obama, unlike McCain,knows what America needs right now.He is loved by both black and white America and represents a united America.Even if he was in a white body,with his ideas we'd vote for him anyway.

16. Shadesbreath profile image77
    Shadesbreathposted 15 years ago

A president isn't going to have "presidential" experience anyway unless it's their second term or, I suppose, if they were VP.  We can start making arguments about cabinet posts and blah blah, but the fact is, nobody has presidential experience prior to doing it.  And it's not like presidential experience or "enough experience" on the global stage... whatever that's supposed to mean, translates to knowing everything anyway.  That's what the cabinet is for, to provide expertise in the many areas that no one person could possibly be an expert in. 

The role of the president is leadership.  Obama clearly has enough experience in this regard or he wouldn't be where he is right now.  What comes next is where he decides to lead.  The experience debate is a red herring.  I'll take a good, honest, intelligent man (or woman) with no presidential experience over an a-hole with a great résumé any day.

Does this mean I'm voting Obama? Not necessarily.  But I believe he is a good man, and I just might.  His war policy is killing me though.  If it wasn't for that he'd be a no-brainer for me.  So I still have a lot of thinking to do.  This forum is a good place to help do precisely that, along with many other hubs.  (That one Lyubansk wrote, linked up above, is a good one and well worth taking the time to read.  I would have linked it had he not.)

1. TheCapn profile image60

Perhaps we should bring in a former leader of another country that did a good job and see how well he could do taking the reigns of this country.

1. Shadesbreath profile image77
        Shadesbreathposted 15 years agoin reply to this

Well, I fancy you'd get massive arguments as to what constitutes a "good job" no matter who you tried to choose.  Be interesting to see who was nominated, though.  1) out of living leaders, and 2) from the dead.  Although that risks derailing this thread entirely.  Still, fun to think about.

17. patnamohan profile image58
    patnamohanposted 15 years ago

lot of intresting things!

18. TheCapn profile image60
    TheCapnposted 15 years ago

If Obama gets elected, hopefully we see some real change. I hate to be a doomsayer but I think we've only got a 3-4 year window of opportunity to change things before this country goes through some bad times that would eclipse what we're experiencing now. I wish the same if McCain gets elected too, I think democrats and republicans alike both realize that something needs to be done to halt our downward spiral, I just think that Obama will be more suited to effecting change than McCain will be.

Hopefully the American public will start to realize how much is at stake during the upcoming election

19. knolyourself profile image60

'Barack Obama yesterday pledged to increase US troops in Afghanistan by a third if he becomes president, sending 10,000 more to reinforce the 33,000 already there.' So exactly what is the difference here. He wants to move the war focus from Iraq to Afghanistan. If there is logic here besides Afghani pipelines, I don't get it.

20. Sprinkler Man profile image58
    Sprinkler Manposted 15 years ago

Obama isn't even an American - I have no idea how he has gotten this far without an actual birth certificate. He faked the one in my hub - I found this from another site that was discussing this issue. He has not produced an actual birth certificate. How the hell is this possible?

http://hubpages.com/hub/Barack-Obama-is … -in-Hawaii

I wouldn't even consider him unless he is forced to provide an actual certificate of birth with seal and signatures.

1. TheCapn profile image60

Oh, come on now! Next you're going to tell us that Barak Obama was conceived out of a terrorist plot that dates back to the hot August nights of 1961 to undermine democracy and bring about the destruction of the U.S.

21. knolyourself profile image60

Oh my, that makes 2 non-citizen presidential candidates.
    McCain was born in Panama. The Panamanian confidence man
    whose best bud and chief economic advisor is Phil Gramm,
    the guy who gave us the deregulations that produced Enron and
    the current economic melt-down, a story so momentous that the US media can't find it.

1. profile image0
      daflaposted 15 years agoin reply to this

Personally, I think that we should stop this BS about if you're born in America, you're automatically an American citizen.  If one of your parents is not an American citizen, I think you should have dual citizenship, and you should have to apply for full American Citizenship at 18, or not be able to run for any political office.

22. Sprinkler Man profile image58
    Sprinkler Manposted 15 years ago

So, who would you rather want running the country - The Terrorist or the Panamanian? LOL

Our choices suck either way. Both candidates have more problems than I care to deal with, I guess its got to be the one with the least amount of problems.....TBC

Experience is what you get whenever you screw up and have to fix the problem you created.

Can we depend on the one with the least amount of experience?

SM

1. mightyone profile image40
      mightyoneposted 15 years agoin reply to this

Experience doesn't matter really...I mean look at Doc Rivers!

1. SparklingJewel profile image65
        SparklingJewelposted 15 years agoin reply to this

I don't remember a United States President that was named Doc Rivers smile  sorry, a very minimal comparison

200,000 german supporters.  He has experience and has a vision.  Truth be told; if Madonna ran against McCain I'd choose Madonna.  The white house needs something different - some new leadership.  Not a older form of Bush...

BTW- many presidents have done well that didn't have lots of experience.  You know what you do...you get a cabinet and advisors who do.

Let's not look at experience only; let's look at policies and what they stand for.

Luv ya

You would choose Madonna over McCain ? I guess that says a lot about your state of mind consciousness. How old are you anyway?...experience does matter smile Yes, what are Madonna's policies...big_smile     what are Obama's policies?

I haven't heard any yet, just a lot of changing his mind on issues to try and please more people. Granted, I don't see that as necessarily a bad thing, to change one's mind, I mean, but we have to, as a country, hang on to some old ways while we change to new ways, or things will crash and do so badly.

Gradual change can be good, if all people stay awake and speak up to bring things back to center. McCain shows a lot more centeredness ability than Obama...that comes from experiential action...not pretty talk.

I still think we, as a country, could fair better if there were two presidents of equal power, one from each "side" to find the middle...or eventually have a strong middle party that can truly show how to work together and not disregard the other.

Better yet, all people need to become more centered and learn how to work better together, then as a country all decisions would be for the best possible interest of everyone, not just one side or the other.

May the visions of a better world continue ! big_smile big_smile big_smile

You're so cute.  I actually agree with your concept - and the Madonna thing was an exaggeration...haha.  I'm 85 years old according to my friends...and kids.

Cute? that's creepy smile

2. Hill Country profile image61
              Hill Countryposted 15 years agoin reply to this

Like McCain hasn't changed his positions?

First he was against all offshore drilling, now he supports it. First he was for the amnesty in the immigration bill he twice co-sponsored, now he's against it and wants to beef up the border first. First he was against the Bush tax cuts, now he wants them extended.

I defy you to tell me McCain has not made these flip-flops.

No defying necessary. smile Did I not say above that it can be good for people to change their mind? Did I not say above that it would be better if all people learned to work to find the common ground instead of perpetuate "sides"? Did I not say above that I thought it would be better for everyone if we all learned do find what could work out the best possible for everyone?

The reason I am focusing on Obama is because he has been getting an imbalanced amount of attention from the media, and his lack of experience, and enough proof through action of him knowing what would be best for everyone...not just the left.

Of course McCain has changed his mind. He has the right hounding him for his position on issues, just like the left has Obama doing.

23. SparklingJewel profile image65

I am looking at the current trip Obama is on. Not only is he getting more media coverage than MaCain did/does...few if anyone, except the Republican/conservatives, are recognizing the imbalance in this attention from the media.

How can people be so "entranced" with the charisma, and so ignorant of the potential lack of correct/decisive action from the amount of inexperience of Obama. It's a recipe for disaster to be too enthralled with a person with out being able to question that person on the important issues and truly sizing up his past record, which is extremely sparse!

Remember any history of leaders in charge that were arrogant and charismatic?...wheres the balance from Obama and the  media? Look out and WAKE UP ! America !

Energy and ideal for momentum is great...but there has to be the ability to buckle down, structure, organize and accomplish and act at the same time.

In the state his supporters are in now, they are cows ready to come home to pasture and be milked! Or pigs overfeed and wallowing in the mud. Get my drift? sad

1. profile image0

Because people don't want Big Brother telling them and everyone else what to do, (which is what McCain represents for a lot of people).

Also, how is Obama arrogant?

Charisma is not bad, which is certainly the way you are portraying it.

What is bad about Obama's charisma?  Hmm?  Why is that bad?  Hmmm?  I suppose we are all a bunch of mindless sheep coming home to pasture right?  Those were your words not mine, and your arrogance is stifling, not Obama's.

Don't act hurt with me, or coy.  If there is any arrogance that has been demonstrated, then it is your own in comparing humans to animals and thus de-humanizing them.

Yeh I get your drift, loud and clear.  Your drift is that we (Obama votes) are all a bunch of swooned sheep waiting for Obama to lead us out to pasture.  If he is elected you will be soul searching (that is my guess).

Yes Zarm, we all must look to our own arrogance as well (you think you don't have any?!)

My belief and experience comes from being able to see it in others because I have seen it in myself and have dealt with it and can come to terms with it and can be objective about it when it comes clear to me, and change it appropriately. That is what comes with experience...you will learn one day too. smile

Oh come on now, you really don't see your own arrogance?

I talk as if I  know the way IT (whatever it is)  "IS", just like you... but I also realize and am open to change and learning. Do you? Are you?

As far as charisma and arrogance goes, all you have to do it look at history for the answer to that one. They can be  bad, because power is corruptive...duhhh! the potential is always there.

Obama has a very difficult row to hoe, he is just a pup, in the dog eat dog world of government lies and corruption...that didn't just happen to start with the Bush administration...seriously, people act like it hasn't been going on for eons. Could it just be that more people are just beginning to really wake up to it !?

Humans de-humanize themselves by letting their desires, wants and egos rule...until they wake up and learn to do otherwise. I've been there...I still go there...but at least I recognize it and do something about it.     That is my point.

But yes,  I should have more appropriately said "some" supporters are acting "like" animals...instead of saying all were animals. I apologize for my wrong choice of words. I guess I am just as immature as you are sometimes. smile  I should have depersonalized better. But I mean what I said about  "loosing one's sense of center, clarity and objectivity.

I do my soul searching before AND after the fact. Do Obama supporters? Do McCain voters? When I hear citizens ditzing any candidate, usually the one on the "other side", that is a clear sign of lack of objectivity. Both sides have  lost their objectivity, sometimes; candidates and voters. Obama is showing some good points, so is McCain...but the media of both sides doesn't show both sides, so unless someone looks at both sides, they don't see both sides. Have you lost your objectivity? You do have some, I have seen it.

I have it easy...I don't take one side on everything...I have conservative and liberal values, conservative and liberal morals, conservative and liberal ideas.  I can only determine who I am going to vote for on their stance of specific issues that carry the most weight with my values, morals and ideas. And it is hard to choose big_smile

BTW, Did you ever ask yourself why you get so irate and virulent about the things people say? I can almost see the mouth froth around your typed words sometimes big_smile

Is that un-coy enough for you !? smile Now don't be all hurt or anything ! smile

If Obama gets elected, I know one thing for sure...I will be praying even harder than I do now...he appears to be on the slippery slope of socialism...just like Bush was on the slippery slope of (what's the word to correspond to socialism) relgiousism? big_smile

Democrats think they got it all figured out as to what is "right" Just like Republicans thought they had it all figured out...It will be the Democrats turn to find out a few things if Obama is elected.
        America needs balance between the two, to learn to work together instead of this continual blocking each other...for then nothing gets done. We need to be looking more closely at what we need to be learning from all this. And stop acting like each other is all bad.

Right?

1. profile image0

Nice try at projection, when all else fails try projection. (statement)

Fail. (flat statement)

"God" forbid you ever had a two sentence post where you apologized without trying to project blatant arrogance onto others. (sarcasm)

Nice try, will give you that much, but nothing more. (flat statement)

The arrogance that was exhibited in your post came from you and not me, don't try to switch the subject.  If you feel you were not being arrogant then say so, don't resort to projection. (statement)

24. SparklingJewel profile image65

This is what I am talking about... America wake up and see what it going on in this man's head...

"...Perhaps it has something to do with Obama’s arrogance.

David Gergen, former White House advisor to Presidents Nixon, Ford, Reagan and Clinton, strongly rebuked the candidate for releasing a statement outlining his discussions with the Prime Minister of Iraq. “We have a long tradition in this country that we only have one president at a time. [President Bush] is the commander in chief and the negotiator in chief. I cannot remember a campaign in which a rival seeking the presidency has been in a position of negotiating a war that’s under way with another party outside the country. I think he leaves himself open to the charge that he’s meddling, that this is not his role, that he can be the critic but he’s not the negotiator. We have a president who does that.”

25. SparklingJewel profile image65

And my "turtle man"  speaks again...smile

“I think that the coverage [Barack Obama] is getting is beyond presidential. It’s papal. I mean, a president never has all three anchors on the way with him. If you needed any evidence of how much in the tank the mainstream media are, this is it.” —Charles Krauthammer

26. Uninvited Writer profile image79
    Uninvited Writerposted 15 years ago

"I am looking at the current trip Obama is on. Not only is he getting more media coverage than MaCain did/does...few if anyone, except the Republican/conservatives, are recognizing the imbalance in this attention from the media. "

That is because McCain is not doing anything right now! The Republicans are coming across as a bunch of whiney babies... Like it or not, Obama's run is historic and it will get a lot of attention. It's not like McCain has been totally written out of the election. According to what I've heard they are very close to each other in percentage of support. People are not going to vote for Obama just because they see him on TV more. Give people more credit than that.

27. SparklingJewel profile image65

I had to copy this from my comment in a hub. It is good for me that I was able to say what I mean and I wanted to share it.

What I am seeing is a person in Obama who doesn't understand the holiness of patriotism that Christians feel. Albeit, sometimes that seems misguided by those not of the same mind and heart, but I do believe that there is a great spiritual purpose for America and not having a flag on stage with you anywhere in the world that you go to speak does not say...I am of proud to be an American and represent America and though I feel differently about the way things have been done and differently than others may, I am willing to learn to work better together...its says...I don't feel comfortable being an American and I am too afraid what others might think, and so I mosey around unnoticed for a while and just try to talk pretty to make people happy.
    I am ever hopeful he will have the courage to BE his pretty talk, but there is a certain courage of heart that no pretty talk conveys, action only conveys that. If he can show a different action from what we have seen and still show that courage and patriotism, then I can begin to trust.
    Mostly I think people have put way too much emphasis on what one person says or does, as if that one person was responsible for what everyone else does, and that is ridiculous to surrender that much power to one person..I am talking about the president of the US. He is a symbol and should present an ideal of who we are as Americans, but as a human being, not perfect. We shouldn't put any more or less on Obama or anyone that becomes president.
    I do have to say that I have listened to what liberals accuse Bush of through the years, and I have seen them give themselves pass after pass, for doing the same things that they accuse conservatives of. And it saddens me to see some of the Christians doing the same things, talking very un-Christ-like about liberals. I am not impressed with either side.

My main point is we need to be objective about Obama and his lack of experience that could easily be swayed by the power of the office of the president and all people who don't want things to change and will try to keep the status quo in the government...and that status quo was there long before Bush became president, he has been just another in succession who tried to follow through and change things the way he thought was for the better.

We all have that weakness deep down that is tested when we try to stand up and change things. Let us not be fooled by pretty words...and right now that is all we have to go on in Obama. I am just as willing to give him a chance as any other president, but I am more experienced in my experience now, and happy to say that a greater objectivity is in order this time around!  And a lot more praying ! big_smile

You're still on the experience tip?  I'd still rather have a rather inexperienced guy who grows and learns; than a guy who is too old to learn and see things objectively.

But that could lead to a lot of indecisivness, incoherence and confusion. He will be getting a lot of different views on the way it "should" be done. I have a lot of compassion for any president...so much is expected by citizens, but not enough citizens taking responsibility to help get "there". Much more prayer is needed big_smile

28. knolyourself profile image60

McCain is a moron. He thinks Pakistan is on the border of Iraq and not Iran. He doesn't know who the chairman of the joint chiefs is. And on and on. However looks like it will be four more years of war with Obama, and he doesn't seem to be any more
    independent of the ruling class and Israel than McCain or Bush.
    Might be better domestically, but that is looking in doubtful as well.

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
Necessary
HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
Features
Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
Marketing
Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
Statistics
Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)