Obama, the other Bush!

Jump to Last Post 1-5 of 5 discussions (44 posts)
  1. maxoxam41 profile image65
    maxoxam41posted 10 years ago

Here we go again, war is at our doorstep. Another false accusation against a minor country. Your opinion on this new Iraq plot! We are refusing that children being gassed and we propose as a solution to bomb them. Is it what I understood?

1. Kathryn L Hill profile image77
      Kathryn L Hillposted 10 years agoin reply to this

If you become president, once you get into office its not about the power, the people or the money... it is about your very life.  Thats my opinion. The world is a dangerous place due to shady characters..those who have the money and the true power..
      no doubt about it.

2. profile image56
      Education Answerposted 10 years agoin reply to this

He's not the other Bush.  At least Bush had the ability to convince other nations to join our cause and help.  We're on our own with President Obama "leading" us.

maxoxam41posted 10 years agoin reply to this

It is not a matter of who is the stronger to argue a case. Now the world knows what we are about and don't accept it. Iraq was the lesson. Until the last minute England was by our side and when it came to action, it disappeared. The international community doesn't see us as a liberator but as an invader. It is time for us to get wiser. By we, I mean the people, the government only responds to private interests. We shall speak out and protest. Let's solve OUR problems.

1. profile image56

I agree.  We have enough issues to keep ourselves busy.

2. Ralph Deeds profile image65
        Ralph Deedsposted 10 years agoin reply to this

Actually, respect for our country has increased greatly under Obama compared to the abysmal level under George W. Bush. Why do you continually report unsupported B.S.?

http://www.pewglobal.org/2013/07/18/ame … an-chinas/

http://www.pewresearch.org/fact-tank/20 … ove-obama/

http://www.ipsnews.net/2012/06/obama-u- … than-bush/

"In analyzing Pew's international polls forthe president and America, it hard to ignore the tremendous affect Obama has had in terms of projecting a positive and progressive vision of America. Obama's image has overwhelmingly resonated with our neighbors in Europe, South America and Asia (with the exception of China).

"The vast majority of European countries have sizable margins of approval when it comes to the way that Obama has worked with other nations on economic problems. More people like America’s ways of doing business now than four years ago. Polls even show that more people like “American views of democracy” now compared to four years ago.

'(It is also worth noting that Secretary of State Hilary Clinton has a very favorably image across all of Europe, except Greece, Japan, India and Brazil.) The Obama administration and America as a whole are especially popular in the 18-29 age bracket. The image of Obama and the image he projects of America represents a positive direction for our country to continue moving in the next four years...."

http://www.policymic.com/articles/17982 … econd-term

1. Superkev profile image61
          Superkevposted 10 years agoin reply to this

Exactly what color is the sky in your little world Ralph?

2. profile image56

Aren't you the same person who opposes the use of polls when they don't support your views?  Now you use them to support yourself? 

Just how many countries were willing to follow America into Syria?  How many nations supported George Bush in Iraq?  If President Obama is so popular, why is he unable to get countries to support his policies?  Is it a lack of leadership?

No matter though, because Putin was able to do what Obama couldn't handle.  Now, we have to rely on Russia for leadership?

1. Ralph Deeds profile image65

"Aren't you the same person who opposes the use of polls when they don't support your views?  Now you use them to support yourself? "

How would you measure U.S. approval ratings around the world?

1. profile image56

I already answered that.

How would you measure support for Obamacare?

Well, he was elected last year by a big margin over Romney.

1. profile image56

Big margin?  Yeah right. 

He was elected, and that still doesn't mean that the majority of people support Obamacare.

Well, if a majority don't like Obamacare, why did they vote for Obama? It may be too early to pronounce a verdict about Obamacare. It's better than what we have now, but I'm sure it can be improved based on experience. There has been a huge anti-Obamacare publicity campaign which has not been very accurate which no doubt has influenced people who haven't taken care to inform themselves about it.

3. profile image0
          HowardBThinameposted 10 years agoin reply to this

Your links are outdated, Ralph. You might try looking up China's call for a de-americanized world. 

Obama's getting us into hot water very quickly.

Are you suggesting China's position is more important than that of our European allies and other democratic countries around the world? President Obama has ended one of Bush's foolish, costly wars and is winding down the other. And without any cooperation from the GOP he is bringing the country and the world back out of Bush's deep economic hole. Now radical extremists are threatening default which would have severe results here and in other countries.

1. profile image0

Obama has a horrible track record on foreign policy, culminating with the loss of respect that just took place when Putin swept the floor with him over Syria. Obama backed the wrong party in Egypt, which has now turned into a disaster, violated the War Powers Resolution when he bombed Libya and then he made it clear he wanted to invade Syria - to great world disapproval.

You mention Bush's wars, and, yes, Obama finally pulled most of our troops out of Iraq, but he tripled the size of the Afghanistan operation, and three times as many Americans have lost their lives as compared to when Bush was in office.

Liberals are fond of saying that Bush spent a trillion dollars in Iraq and that's true, but every year Obama's been in office, he's added another trillion dollars to the debt.

Now, he's acting like a little baby, refusing to discuss, debate or compromise even a little on his ACA bill, which is going to be a disaster any way you cut it.

The world community is talking about how the US is slipping out of first place as a world power. And, how china is stepping up.

You appear to ignore that which does not please you.

The fact is Obama has greatly improved the standing of the U.S. among most nations around the world compared to our country's nadir under Bush. Putin deserves credit for what may turn out to be a peaceful resolution of poison gas issue in Syria, but so do Obama and Kerry. Also, we may see a satisfactory peaceful resolution of the nuclear issues with Iran thanks to Obama's determination to do so without starting another war. As I recall candidate McCain's refrain was "bomb, bomb, bomb Iran." Also, he would have gotten us into premature military involvement in Syria. Moreover, Netanyahu is on the way to being neutered and isolated.  Second, the increase in debt under Obama primarily is due to decreased tax revenues and increased expenditures due to the Bush recession.

1. profile image0

Nobody is defending McCain but Obama has definitely grown comfortable with his own bomb, bomb, bomb scenario. I can't think of one nation, friend or foe, that thinks highly of the US under Obama. And Kerry deserves no credit for Syria. That was all Putin, Kerry was running interference until he and Obama had no choice but to back down because Putin had them against a wall. Hillary Clinton admitted a few months ago that the risk of terrorism had grown in the Middle East in the past three years.

"I can't think of one nation, friend or foe, that thinks highly of the US under Obama." Just curious, what do you base that on?  Obama is not in a position to control what happens in the Middle East. He was not in a hurry to get involved in Syria and he's been patiently putting the squeeze on Iran via sanctions. Can you think of one thing that Obama has done that you agree with? Seems to me your judgments are extreme. I wonder why?

2. maxoxam41 profile image65
    maxoxam41posted 10 years ago

The Kennedys' death is the perfect example. As soon as you stepped into the oval office, I believe that they become a puppet. If they go against the mainstream you are simply eliminated. So much for the democracy!

1. profile image0

I think you might have a point with the "puppet" theory.

maxoxam41posted 10 years agoin reply to this

Indeed.

3. Reality Bytes profile image73
    Reality Bytesposted 10 years ago

https://encrypted-tbn2.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcTAmmM5Ewn0x-vZcqL7sK3J0_Um7oHB_OsbaVD3YMLkkVdVtTat

1. profile image0
      Brenda Durhamposted 10 years agoin reply to this

Indeed.
      And yet they use every excuse in the book to try to say it's not his fault,  that he's just a "puppet".    hmmm.
      Although.....if he's partly puppet and the string-puller is Hillary Clinton, I can see how he'd be scared;  Hillary is  just scaaarrry incarnate.

1. lone77star profile image73
        lone77starposted 10 years agoin reply to this

Yes, Hillary is scary, but she's as much a puppet as Bush, Obama, Clinton, Bush Sr, Carter, Ford, Reagan, Nixon and Johnson.

The last non-puppet president was taken out by the psychopathic elite -- the real puppet masters -- the ones who own the Central Banks of nearly every nation, except Syria... and until recently, Libya. E. Howard Hunt (of Watergate infamy) confessed on his deathbed to have worked for those psychopaths in taking out JFK.

Here's an exiled Syrian girl who speaks out against American and NWO hegemony:
        http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TP3mXVRd89Y
        http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GrEPadG0pQk
        http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ynH_BbqC4Zo

4. woodstonenu profile image58
    woodstonenuposted 10 years ago

Obama, the other Bush!

That is a nice post

Thanks

5. gmwilliams profile image84
    gmwilliamsposted 10 years ago

Obama indicated that when he became president, he would not be involved in any wars.  He stopped the war in Iraq but continued the war in Afghanistan.  He then instigated in the war in Syria.   Obama is NOT the other Bush.  He is the beyond Bush.    What Bush has done regarding his presidential policies is pale in comparison to what Obama in doing.   Obama is making Bush look like an innocent choir boy. 

Obama asserted that he would discontinue many of George Bush's policies.  Wrong.  He extended the Patriot Act in which America citizens can be arrested and detained indefinitely if the latter are perceived to be security risks.  He had IRS spy on people who disagreed with his policies.  Dr. Ben Carson indicated that after he gave a speech at the presidential breakfast, IRS "visited" him because his views were different from that of the president.  Now, he invaded Syria; something he said that he would NEVER do.  Bush-4, Obama-25.  Obama is MUCH WORSE than Bush pertaining to his strong arm tactics. 

To make an analogy-Bush was Alaric but Obama is Attila!
    http://s4.hubimg.com/u/8422631_f248.jpg
    http://s2.hubimg.com/u/8422637_f248.jpg

1. Paul Wingert profile image59
      Paul Wingertposted 10 years agoin reply to this

You know there's other things on TV besides FOX News BS.

1. innersmiff profile image65
        innersmiffposted 10 years agoin reply to this

Please enlighten us as to how GMWilliams is mistaken.

"Obama indicated that when he became president, he would not be involved in any wars.  He stopped the war in Iraq but continued the war in Afghanistan.  He then instigated in the war in Syria.  Now, he invaded Syria; something he said that he would NEVER do."

Obama didn't say or "indicate he wouldn't be involved in any wars." He was already involved in Bush's wars when he took office.
          He is winding down the war in Afghanistan. He didn't "instigate the war in Syria. And he hasn't invaded Syria."

As usual, GM Williams has trouble keeping her facts straight.

1. profile image56

Total Deaths in Afghanistan:

President Bush:
            2001: 5

2002: 30

2003: 31

2004: 49

2005: 94

2006: 87

2007: 111

2008: 151

President Obama:
            2009: 303

2010: 497

2011: 494

2012: 294

2013: 91 (From Jan. 1, 2013 to Sept. 10, 2013)

Did you notice when most Americans were killed?  Almost seventy-five percent of all American deaths occurred under President Obama.  President Obama is employing Nixon's strategy in Vietnam, an insurgency followed by withdrawal.  How'd that work for Nixon?

Bush started a needless war after letting bin Laden get away. Obama followed his generals' advice and sent more troops. Now he's winding down the war. I don't agree with every thing  Obama does, but I don't disagree with everything he does as you appear to do. Just can't stand having a black guy in the White House??

Uhuh, sure: there is no other rational reason anybody could ever come up with to oppose Barack Obama's presidency. Fudging an answer and then playing the race card is a fair and scholarly method of argumentation - as it has revealed our so obvious prejudices. Who could oppose this otherwise great guy if not for his blackness? Asides from the expansion of the military and police states, the war on drugs, his economic illiteracy and flagrant disregard for the constitution, what exactly is there to complain about?

A large percentage of ignorant, mouth breathing Tea Partiers have opposed Obama because of his race from the time he announced his first candidacy. Birthers are still claiming he's a Muslim born in Kenya and not eligible for the Presidency.

The war on drugs started long before Obama. However, I agree he's not winding it down as fast as he should. There are plenty of other things he's done that I disagree with, but I'll leave that up to you and Educationanswer and EWWilliams. On balance, he's a tremendous improvement over Bush and far preferable to Mitt Romney.

"Mouth-breathing" is a perfectly acceptable thing to call someone. We should always ignore the rational arguments and focus on the irrational ones. We should focus on non-sequiters like the birth certificate more than things like the economy, foreign policy and the police state.

2. innersmiff profile image65

Ahh you posted more of your answer afterwards, sneaky.

Winding it down as fast as he should? He's not winding it down at all. Although, to his credit, he elected against enforcing the federal ban on cannabis in Colorado where they had legalised it. I put that down in one of my previous threads as the one thing we can praise Obama for. Another thing he's done since then that has been half-decent is that he has not been so eager to rush into an all-out war with Syria as Bush or Romney probably would have. But on all other accounts he has to be worse than Bush: more wars, more spending and debt and expansion of the police state. On balance he probably is better than Romney would be but, jeez, that's like saying walking over a bed of broken glass is better than having your ears burned off.

2. profile image56

First off, you don't even know the color of my skin, so please don't presume.  You play the race card every time you're losing a debate.  It becomes tiresome.

The majority of people of color didn't vote for George Bush.  According to you, they must be racist?  I don't buy it.  I have more faith in Americans.  I believe that the majority of people vote based on ideology.  I have voted for many people, people of every color.  I vote for the best person and don't need to answer to you or your ilk, the kind who can't stand it when somebody disagrees with President Obama.  Contrary to your belief, there are many of us who just simply dislike his politics.

Okay. I accept your objection to my comment on your reaction to Obama's race. Apologies. Also, I have reflected on our discussion on the U.S. reputation around the world. It is true that it has suffered recently over the NSA spying issue, especially in Brazil and some other countries as well. However, although it's fair to criticize Obama over privacy/spying issues these policies were begun before he was elected. I have mixed feelings about what's been going on and about the effects of Obama's increased use of drone strikes.

1. profile image56

Thank you.  I can appreciate what you said.

I, too, am increasingly alarmed by President Obama's use of drones, a kill list with Americans on it, and domestic spying.  Yes, much of this was started under George Bush, but that doesn't make it moral for President Obama to continue and expand the program. 

It is fair to criticize President Obama for these actions if one also criticizes George Bush when appropriate.  I criticize both men for the Patriot Act but increasingly become alarmed by President Obama's expansion of invasive, rights-infringing policy.

2. profile image56

There's always CNBC.  It's totally unbiased.  You could watch CNN.  I recommend Piers Morgan; he's totally unbiased too.  (This is sarcasm.)

Democrats have many liberal news choices.  Republicans have one place, Fox News.

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
Necessary
HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
Features
Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
Marketing
Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
Statistics
Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)