Are you top or bottom?

Jump to Last Post 1-17 of 17 discussions (30 posts)
  1. mega1 profile image78
    mega1posted 14 years ago

When you share a bunk bed would you rather be on the top? or the bottom?

1. Mamelody profile image60
      Mamelodyposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Oh I'm always on top.. Like to feel in control of the bunk share smile

2. profile image0
      cosetteposted 14 years agoin reply to this

i always liked the top. it felt funny being so close to the ceiling though.

1. mega1 profile image78
        mega1posted 14 years agoin reply to this

just don't start jumping, ok?  there's alot of us down here and we might get squished!

3. prettydarkhorse profile image61
      prettydarkhorseposted 14 years agoin reply to this

I dont like to sleep in bunk beds, am scared of it, at times it feels the top bed will crushed me or if I am at the top bed, I will be scared, might fall am mobile when I am sleep, turning around

4. profile image0
      lyricsingrayposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Top - weird having bunk beds at 43 but cool concept.  big_smile

5. Daniel Carter profile image62
      Daniel Carterposted 14 years agoin reply to this

I'm completely versatile. I like the variety. As long as my bunk partner doesn't snore and doesn't make the bed shift around all night. I value my sleep.
      wink

6. myownworld profile image74
      myownworldposted 14 years agoin reply to this

bottom for me. I'm just that kind....people can walk all over me....smile

2. profile image0
    ralwusposted 14 years ago

bottom, easier for an old fart like me to get up and out for the toilet.

1. profile image0
      A Texanposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Hey, how ya feeling

2. Mamelody profile image60
      Mamelodyposted 14 years agoin reply to this

LOL old fart.. you can borrow my bladder for the night lol

3. mega1 profile image78
    mega1posted 14 years ago

that's good to know, because I like the bottom too!

4. H.C Porter profile image79
    H.C Porterposted 14 years ago

as stupid as it sounds I hate heights, so I would pick the bottom bunk

5. profile image0

Hey Tex, much better thanks. Almost good. LOL
    @mega, good, we can share. hehe
    @mamelody my toilet is not far, but I go often.

1. profile image0
      A Texanposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Glad to hear it.

6. Eaglekiwi profile image74
    Eaglekiwiposted 14 years ago

Top ,cuz what happens if someone peed and ya stuck on the bottom  lol

7. mega1 profile image78
    mega1posted 14 years ago

Well, folks I just know there will be enough bunks in heaven and everybody will get top or bottom, whichever they like best!

8. profile image0

Hmmm, I just never envisioned sleeping in heaven. You think HE has that there?

1. tantrum profile image59
      tantrumposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Hey !! You're here ! the ban is over!!
      Great !!! big_smile

9. mega1 profile image78
    mega1posted 14 years ago

IF there is a heaven, I think the powers that be will know I actually prefer a big king sized bed! but I will take a bottom bunk with you anytime, charles!

1. profile image0
      ralwusposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Hah! Need to kick the dam dogs out first! But I will! Furry little bastards anyway. Anyone care for three Bassets, I got a new bunkmate.

10. profile image0
    poetlorraineposted 14 years ago

i prefer the bottom too, but it seems already crowded

1. mega1 profile image78
      mega1posted 14 years agoin reply to this

hahaha   and lord help us if the guy on the top starts jumping!

11. mega1 profile image78
    mega1posted 14 years ago

that actually happened one time when my boys had bunk beds - my youngest was jumping off the top bed into a big pile of bedding and instead he jumped ON the bed and it came crashing down, but fortunately nobody was hurt - nobody was on the bottom one at the time.  Silly kids!  man were they ever scared!

12. tantrum profile image59
    tantrumposted 14 years ago

I would go on top.
    Can't sleep if I know somebody is on top of me.

13. mega1 profile image78
    mega1posted 14 years ago

whenever I've been in bunks (at slumber parties or guest houses) I've always been too tired to care by the time I got into bed!

14. profile image0
    B.C. BOUTIQUEposted 14 years ago

bottom... I roll around way too much  and I could never climb to the top bunk anyway

15. Misha profile image63
    Mishaposted 14 years ago

Both have ups and downs. Usually in a train (this is when such a choice happens in reality) I prefer an upper bunk, so nobody steps on me tongue

16. brimancandy profile image77
    brimancandyposted 14 years ago

My brother and I had bunkbeds in our room, and I chose the top bunk. He used to kick at my bed when I was sleeping and scare the crap out of me. He claimed I was shaking the bed, because I toss and turn a lot in my sleep.

My Dad finally cut the bed in half. It made our room smaller, but the bed kicking stopped. As soon as my sister went to college. I took her room. Sure was nice to get out of my brothers room. He had copper wires strung all over the place, to get better radio reception. If you so much altered a wire
    you would incur his wrath!

But, I liked the top bunk. It was like my own personal treehouse. I made it into a fort, so nobody could see me when I was in there, and I loved it. But, I was only 13 at the time, so
    that probably had a lot to do with it.

17. brimancandy profile image77
    brimancandyposted 7 months ago

Not the question I was expecting.

But, I used to do sleep overs with a friend in highs school, and I always insisted on being in the top bunk. Mainly because I was shorter than him, and noticed when he got up, he always hit his head on the ceiling if he was in the top bunk. So, I picked the top.

I also shared a bunk bed with my older brother, and I slept in the top bunk. But, my dad ended up using his band saw to cut the bed in half, to stop my brother from kicking the bottom of my bed when I was trying to sleep, because I tossed and turned too much.

Funny thing is I recently was in a bunkhouse at campground, and slept in a top bunk in a room with 8 other guys. The snoring and tossing and turning kept me up all night. I dont think I ever want to sleep in a bunk bed again. But, if I had too, still be on top.

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
Necessary
HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
Features
Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
Marketing
Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
Statistics
Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)