The most romantic gift you ever recieved

Jump to Last Post 1-22 of 22 discussions (43 posts)
  1. nikipa profile image63
    nikipaposted 14 years ago

Have you ever recieved an usual gift?
    What it was or how it was?
    Please, share...

1. profile image0
      B.C. BOUTIQUEposted 14 years agoin reply to this

a collection of Tiffany lamps..the beauty of them are amazing!

2. double_frick profile image60
      double_frickposted 14 years agoin reply to this

there was a person that i had pined for for years, an ex.
      finally i was presented with the opportunity to talk to this person again and i did and they finally said all the things i ever wanted them to say. and they gave me a salvador dali book---huge book, means a lot and he knew it would. it means the most that he missed me so much that without any indication he would ever see me again he saved it on the chance that he would.
      anyone believe in second chances? third?

3. lawretta profile image63
      lawrettaposted 14 years agoin reply to this

the most romantic gift i ever received was an engagement ring and a will you marry me speech! and of course i said "yes" but that will happen months from now due to economic reasons.

4. KaterinaBeckham profile image54
      KaterinaBeckhamposted 12 years agoin reply to this

A COSIMO by AntonioVerdi.com with a really touching poem. Cried my lungs out.

http://s3.hubimg.com/u/5504662_f248.jpg

5. profile image51
      Doroty51posted 11 years agoin reply to this

Our honeymoon was in Naples and Rome, Italy. My husband gave me one of this awesome sculpture made by an Italian artist for our first son's birth.
      I feel blessed every time I see it. pastorinapoletani.net

2. Urbane Chaos profile image90
    Urbane Chaosposted 14 years ago

Out of the blue, my ex wife once sent a small package to the place where I used to work.  I opened the box, and all that was in it was a feather and a note.  All the note said was, "Keep this."

Thinking that either she was off her rocker, or that it was a from a strange bird or something, I just ignored it.  I stuffed the feather in my planner and went on with my day.

When I got home there was a note on the door that said something like, "bring the feather, I'll be waiting."

So, grabbing the feather, I walked through the house looking for her.  She was in the bedroom, and I'm sure that by now you can guess what the feather was for. big_smile

nikipaposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Incredible!! Inspiring… smile Glad you shared this.

3. wychic profile image84
    wychicposted 14 years ago

My husband! We met online, so at that point we hadn't met in person yet...I was doing one of those dumb Myspace bulletin surveys (my sisters and I try to see who can be the most witty and entertaining on those, it's fun to read theirs so I have to participate). One of the questions was "What do you want for your birthday?" My answer was something along the lines of, "My ideal present knows I want him." A couple of days later he E-mailed me a copy of his flight confirmation on the ticket he'd just bought to arrive here three days before my birthday, and he hasn't left since smile.

Amazing! It's like a modern fairy tale... The prince came on a white horse (airplaine) !!!

2. double_frick profile image60
      double_frickposted 14 years agoin reply to this

in my defense its very late but i'm getting all teary eyed.
      that is a great story for the future generations, eh?

1. wychic profile image84
        wychicposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Yeah, someday it'll be our grandkids rolling their eyes at us and asking if they really have to hear the story AGAIN tongue. I do hope that my kids, grandkids, etc. can learn something from the older generations about not settling...I strongly believe that the perfect match is out there if you're willing to be patient and refuse to tie yourself down with anyone who doesn't fit. We both have our faults, everyone does, but it's a matter of having the right mixture of strengths and weaknesses to mesh with the other person. Okay, now there I go getting mushy...my apologies everyone! big_smile

3. profile image0
      B.C. BOUTIQUEposted 14 years agoin reply to this

my goodness, what a wonderful and true tale. Thank You for sharing, I actually shed a tear and got a smile on my face..
      Again Thank You smile

4. profile image0
    Ghost32posted 14 years ago

Only one gift leaps to mind, and it was not from a romantic interest--being instead an expression of divine rather than human love.

In late 1997, my finances were terrible.  I had to turn in my car as a voluntary repo, which would leave me without wheels--and I lived six miles from the nearest highway, 20 miles from the nearest town.  Through the classifieds, I found and purchased a 1984 Chevy Citation from a young Chinese immigrant couple who were both attending grad school.  I persuaded them to give me possession of the car for a mere $100, with them holding the title.  The asking price was $1800, more than Blue Book, but haggling was not an option.

A bit of luck came along, and I was able to pay off the car in full--and pick up the title--within weeks.  I also warned them, as a friend, that while our arrangement had worked out perfectly for all of us, it was NOT something they should allow a second time...because I was not a typical American used car buyer.  They understood and appreciated my warning.

Then they gave me the gift:  A small wooden plaque on which was mounted a running, rearing, copper horse.  The plaque hung from a braided piece of rope and was adorned with Chinese script--but from a dialect my new friends did not know, so to this day I'm not sure what it actually says. 

The plaque has stayed with me ever since and will once again hang on my office wall as soon as our new home is ready for occupancy. big_smile

Ghost32, thank you for sharing! It was quite interesting to smile

2. wychic profile image84
      wychicposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Awesome smile. It's pretty sad that here we do have to teach people ways to keep from getting screwed over. My husband rented a house from an elderly Russian couple in Alaska who didn't require a lease, didn't require a deposit, and happily handed him the key to the house without any rent in advance. He explained to them how lucky they were that he'd come to them first, because so many people out there would completely screw them over for such open friendliness.

5. profile image53
    probafixposted 14 years ago

well i am yet waiting for a gift that i will remember my whole life

yet i ain`t receive a gift of that sort but lots many on the other side

but i don`t find them memorable enough.

6. profile image48
    chizuuposted 14 years ago

i like this...

7. theirishobserver. profile image61
    theirishobserver.posted 14 years ago

a little black number from the Ann Summers collection.... smile

8. nikipa profile image63

I am sure everybody deserve something extraordinary!

9. ThoughtfulSpot profile image69
    ThoughtfulSpotposted 14 years ago

A rock... and not the sparkly kind.

My husband came home with a chunk of concrete one day, all wrapped up in wrapping paper ribbon.  There was construction going on at our old highschool, and they were apparantly demo-ing the back steps where we had first sat so many years ago and had our very first real conversation.  He'd gone up and asked the construction guys' permission and brought home a piece of those steps for me.  I still tear up when I think about it.

Amazing!!! Really, very  very romantic gift!

2. profile image0
      Justine76posted 14 years agoin reply to this

smile  hehehe.... what a good story!!!

10. profile image0
    Justine76posted 14 years ago

One night I said....argh, I wish for chocolate cake, but Im too tired to cook, and the only way anythhng ever gets done, is if I do it myself!
    Hubby came home from work the next day with a chocolate cake.  smile   and sometimes he picks me flowers....i love that!

Agree... Small presents, even the most usual ones, It's the best way to to show your love... No need to wait for a special ocassion, because we live now and we should cherish everything we have at the moment.

2. ThoughtfulSpot profile image69
      ThoughtfulSpotposted 14 years agoin reply to this

I agree w/ nikipa.  I love the little things.  Sweet one Justine!

11. donotfear profile image84
    donotfearposted 14 years ago

I've never recieved a romantic gift in all my 51 years.

It's never too late... Life always brings us pleasant suprises when we don't expect them... smile

2. donotfear profile image84
      donotfearposted 14 years agoin reply to this

I just remembered something. I guess this counts as a gift. It was sweet....had only been married to hubby about a month. He came home from work with some of those little bundles of pretty fresh flowers they sell at Albertson's, (he was in management there at the time so it was pretty convenient) Anyway,....so he laid the flowers on the table right next to the official marriage license that had just come in the mail. It was really nice. I had forgotten about that. So I guess I'm not such a pitiful mess after all.

You are deserve more then you can imagine... I am sure you are!

12. H.C Porter profile image80
    H.C Porterposted 14 years ago

The first Christmas I spent with my now husband, we didn’t have a bunch of money to spend on gifts. So for one of my gifts he fixed a jewelry box I have had since I was 5 years old. The ballerina didn’t twirl anymore and the music sounded like a dying animal rather than a lullaby. When I opened it on Christmas, she danced and the music played-bringing back so many great childhood memories.
    By far that was the best gift he has ever gotten me. Not that I don’t adore the gifts which included diamonds or camera equipment- but the jewelry box took my breathe away... smile

13. profile image0
    Crazdwriterposted 14 years ago

Okay let me think...I would have to say my engagement ring, my 2 year anniversary ring, ummm... my kitten Sasha for my 25th bday was one of my favorite gifts from my husband smile

14. profile image0
    sneakorocksolidposted 14 years ago

My K98 Mauser! She a beauty! A thing to behold! And it shoots good too!big_smile

Nice gift!!! I think men always liked to hold something "powerful" in their hands! smile

15. theirishobserver. profile image61
    theirishobserver.posted 14 years ago

G-string, attached to a beautiful woman smile

16. nikipa profile image63

Who else recieved something romantic and wants to share? Dont forget Valentine's day is near, you could inspire other people...

17. profile image0
    PrettyPantherposted 14 years ago

My fiance is semi-retired so he sometimes goes several days without shaving and because he works outside a lot he gets pretty dirty.  A few days ago, he had picked me up from work and we were walking into a supermarket when I looked over to see him wearing a stained shirt, holey pants and shoes with no socks. I teased him that it was time for us to establish some minimum standards for his appearing with me in public!

Anyway, the next day, he arrived at my workplace 15 minutes early, wearing a suit and tie, clean shaven and smelling wonderful, and bearing flowers and chocolate.  And, he took me to our favorite coffee shop where we spent a lot of time getting to know each other when we were first dating.

It was all very sweet and funny at the same time!

Agree... If men knew how much means for us to see them clean shaved, smelling wonderful and wearing nice clothes... Mmmmmm... smile

18. profile image50
    megyncdcposted 12 years ago

My boyfriend for my 16th bought me a tiffany pendant necklace it was soooo beautiful !!!!! He wrapped it soo many times it was super cute!

19. vmartinezwilson profile image79
    vmartinezwilsonposted 12 years ago

http://s4.hubimg.com/u/5966327.jpg

We watch it together every Halloween.  Still very cool cover.

20. profile image52
    Anamika Daniposted 8 years ago

It was handmade card and paper flowers.... I really appreciated those. I was so happy on that day. My hubby first time made something from the bottom of his heart. Find some lovely personalized gifts ideas for this valentine for your loved one.

21. profile image53
    Steffan Johnsonposted 4 years ago

Intuit QuickBooks Payroll services are accessed by many people people business people, accountants, CA, CPAs to calculate taxes and pay employees. Unfortunately, types of issues and errors arise for which they have to contact the QuickBooks Payroll Support Phone Number>.

22. profile image59
    shubhamhackzposted 4 years ago

Surprise our loved ones with the quickest and most uncommon gifts that you can buy online. Uniqueness to gift gives your gift a unique emotional and touch to it.
    Birthday Gifts Online

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
Necessary
HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
Features
Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
Marketing
Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
Statistics
Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)