Notification of comments

Jump to Last Post 1-27 of 27 discussions (41 posts)
  1. Uninvited Writer profile image80
    Uninvited Writerposted 14 years ago

I'm not receiving notification of comments people make on my hubs. I checked my profile and I have the right buttons clicked. Anyone else having problems with that?

1. Rochelle Frank profile image91
      Rochelle Frankposted 14 years agoin reply to this

I commented on one of yours in the past couple of hours.

2. Sally's Trove profile image77
      Sally's Troveposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Yes, same here, going back about 10 days. I received some notifications, but not all. Wonder if it had anything to do with the recent stats problem. Glad you started this thread.

3. Anath profile image62
      Anathposted 14 years agoin reply to this

I have been have the same problem since saturday

2. profile image0
    cosetteposted 14 years ago

Mhmm. this morning i checked my email and was notified that i had one comment and when i logged on, i had 8! yikes

3. profile image0
    lyricsingrayposted 14 years ago

yep here too - thought it was me - now checking through account page - also no notice of hubs published.

sigh.  hmm:

1. Jane@CM profile image61
      Jane@CMposted 14 years agoin reply to this

me too!

4. profile image0
    Crazdwriterposted 14 years ago

I've got that same problem. sad I like reading those that say you have comments.

5. Rochelle Frank profile image91
    Rochelle Frankposted 14 years ago

I published on today and haven't got notifications-- but then, no one has commented-- so that MIGHT be it.

6. Cagsil profile image70
    Cagsilposted 14 years ago

I published a new hub today and have almost no traffic to it.

Plus, I'm use to getting up in the morning and have a daily email of hubbers who published hubs?

I haven't received it, as of yet today. smile

1. rmcrayne profile image90
      rmcrayneposted 14 years agoin reply to this

I didn't get my notification of my favorite hubbers published hubs today or yesterday. 

I did not receive notifications on at least one comment each, today and yesterday.

7. jenblacksheep profile image68
    jenblacksheepposted 14 years ago

Yup I have the same problem, have done for at least a week now. Not that I get many comments, but I like to know when I do.

8. IzzyM profile image88
    IzzyMposted 14 years ago

I'm not getting notifications either, but to be honest I didn't notice until this thread was started, so I went looking.

9. jenblacksheep profile image68
    jenblacksheepposted 14 years ago

I think I'm now not getting notifications of when my favourite hubbers publish, either. I think this has only started today or maybe yesterday.

10. SandyMcCollum profile image64
    SandyMcCollumposted 14 years ago

Hmm... same here...

11. A2shley profile image60
    A2shleyposted 14 years ago

ditto...I've missed a few comments and have only gotten one or two emails from Hubbers who have published.

12. AEvans profile image70
    AEvansposted 14 years ago

I am not getting notification either and when I go to look at the hub or add tags low and behold there is a comment. I am a little embarassed because I do not want them to believe that I have ignored them I just did not know that they commented. sad

1. Sally's Trove profile image77

I feel the same way...it's important to me to acknowledge the time and effort a reader spent in my direction. A few minutes ago I went through all my Hubs and responded to comments I hadn't been notified of. To all those wonderful readers, I'm not ignoring you, I just had no way of knowing you were there.

LOL. I have only 31 Hubs. What about those with hundreds? Maybe the HP team can re-send those notifications that we never received?

1. rmcrayne profile image90
        rmcrayneposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Just go to "my account" on the top right of the screen.  The there will be 5 columns.  "Comments" is at the bottom of the 2nd column.  Click there and it will show you all comments that have not been acknowledged/approved.

Right you are! Thanks. Just found four new comments, and still no email notifications.

13. LaVieja profile image61
    LaViejaposted 14 years ago

Me neither, glad to hear its not just me!

14. flread45 profile image60
    flread45posted 14 years ago

Do not forget that it is the biggest day on T.V.___because it is the SUPER BOWL.smile smile and many thousands are watching it instead of being on the net ..

15. profile image0

This is so frustrating! hmmyikes

16. aware profile image67
    awareposted 14 years ago

hay lyrics .  hope your doing ok.

1. profile image0
      lyricsingrayposted 14 years agoin reply to this

You too babe xo thanks

17. Hokey profile image62
    Hokeyposted 14 years ago

also my rating is going up but my stats aren't moving. (Lyrics, Marry me?)

1. tantrum profile image61
      tantrumposted 14 years agoin reply to this

After I've been beating you since Yesterday ,now you intent to desert my SM game ?

lol

1. Hokey profile image62
        Hokeyposted 14 years agoin reply to this

roflmfao big_smile big_smile big_smile big_smile big_smile

18. pddm67 profile image60
    pddm67posted 14 years ago

The same thing happened a couple months back. I don't know exactly why it happened or whay caused it but once I changed my email address (that the notifications were being sent to) from my hotmail email to my google email I started receiving notifications again and everything went back to normal.

Don't know if it's the same type of thing or not but you can try using a different email acct. - Hope things work out smile

19. profile image0
    Ken R. Abellposted 14 years ago

I am having the same problem, since Saturday, I think. No notification of comments & also, no notification of when those I follow publish. No Daily Digest in two days.

20. rmcrayne profile image90
    rmcrayneposted 14 years ago

Today is the 3rd day I did not get my notification of new hubs by my favorite authors.

21. Cagsil profile image70

http://hubpages.com/forum/topic/35364#post790435

I posted yet another thread about this on going problem.

There was another thread on top of this one, and the above one.

So, there has been 3 threads started now. smile

1. Green Lotus profile image61
      Green Lotusposted 14 years ago

Me too! And I thought everyone was busy getting ready for Superbowl parties wink. Right now, I'm only receiving sporatic notices of comments and new hubs. I'm also assuming negligible traffic to my most recent hubs is due to the glitch.

2. sunflowerbucky profile image61
      sunflowerbuckyposted 14 years ago

I'm not getting notification of new comments, or notification when hubbers I follow are publsihing new hubs.  I'm with you Lotus, I thought it was Superbowl related!

3. Sally's Trove profile image77
      Sally's Troveposted 14 years ago

I've spoken to a couple of Hub friends about this issue and I have found that those who have gmail accounts are getting their notifications just fine.

My email account is not gmail.

If there's a problem with HP not getting their automated messages through email servers other than gmail, then this is an old problem. This happened about a year and a half ago.

About this current issue, one of my friends said, well, just open a gmail account and that will solve the problem. My answer is, I have enough email accounts that I am not going to open another one to make HP's problem mine.

To those of you who are experiencing the same problem, is your email account through gmail or not?

I don't know what the problem is here, but I wish we'd hear from the HP team about it.  This is a thread, after all, in the "report a problem" category.

4. Cagsil profile image70

Problem fixed on the email. I received the newsletter. Thank you. smile

Is your email account with HP a gmail account?

5. profile image0

hey, I still haven't.  not fair smile

6. Uninvited Writer profile image80
      Uninvited Writerposted 14 years ago

I use Gmail and I haven't gotten any notifications. I did just get my list of hubbers I follow new hubs.

TY for your input. It's helpful to the HP team.

1. profile image0
          Tammy Lochmannposted 14 years agoin reply to this

I got the new hubs notification and new comments are starting to trickle in.

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
    Necessary
    HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
    LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
    Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
    AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
    HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
    HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
    Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
    CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
    Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
    Features
    Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
    Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
    Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
    Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
    Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
    VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
    PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
    Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
    MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
    Marketing
    Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
    Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
    Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
    SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
    Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
    Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
    AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
    OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
    Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
    TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
    Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
    Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
    Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
    Statistics
    Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
    ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
    Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
    ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)