Check this before you do the next abortion

Jump to Last Post 1-44 of 44 discussions (271 posts)
  1. emdi profile image63
    emdiposted 14 years ago

<snipped link>

I am sorry, I shared such a horrible video. But when we mock the pro- life people we forget the reality sometime.

1. prettydarkhorse profile image61
      prettydarkhorseposted 14 years agoin reply to this

I stopped in the middle, I have phobia of blood, but then in the Philippines, abortion is illegal and there are 400,000 unsafe abortions done every year, unsafe meaning no trained professional medical person is doing it,

there are lots of reason for induced abortions

not yet ready financially
      not yet ready emotionally
      father unknown
      due to incest
      due to rape
      too many children already
      baby born has imprefections -- abnormal
      mothers life is in danger

CONTRACEPTION and education for women is the best solutions, so that they will know how to protect for themselves and say NO or YES

1. profile image0
        Home Girlposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Prettydarkhorse, I agree with you. Contraception!
        Nature wants us to have babies
        As many as possible.
        We simply cannot do that.
        So we try to trick our nature.
        Contraception is not 100% safeproof unfortunately. Abortion is a necessary evil, and it should be legal everywhere. Sometimes it's not a woman's fault, and she needs a way out. And it's a horrible experience anyway - legal or illegal.

2. profile image0
      Brenda Durhamposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Don't be sorry.
      Sometimes a reality shock is needful.

2. donotfear profile image83
    donotfearposted 14 years ago

I watched the whole video. Shocking and sad. Looks like the  footage was of late-term abortions after the 12 week mark. Eye opener for sure. But a reality.

3. profile image0
    Crazdwriterposted 14 years ago

okay and why was the original post deleted?

1. profile image0

Hey!  You're right.
      Well ain't that hogwash!?

2. emdi profile image63
      emdiposted 14 years agoin reply to this

I don"t know. I think Hubpage team didnot like it

4. profile image0
    Norah Caseyposted 14 years ago

"Do not start threads for the sole purpose of promotion or posting links."

Please review forum rules before creating threads.

1. emdi profile image63
      emdiposted 14 years agoin reply to this

It was not a promotion ad, but an eye opener.

5. profile image0
    Brenda Durhamposted 14 years ago

Bumping this thread.
    Upholding the right of the unborn to LIFE is a very valid thing, and a personal right of every American citizen, not to mention that abortion is just plain baby-killing.   It's an American (and international) holocaust of major proportions, perpetuated BY Americans upon their own children.

I'm not talking about the instances when there really IS a dilemma where a choice MUST be made.

I'm talking about killing babies for none other reason than selfishness on the part of mothers-to-be and fathers-to-be.

1. Ron Montgomery profile image60
      Ron Montgomeryposted 14 years agoin reply to this

The issue has already been decided; based on science and reason, not mythology.

1. profile image0
        SirDentposted 14 years agoin reply to this

No morality in the decision making? It is a moral or immoral choice to make. Many use the excuse that most babies will be abused. Out of all the babies born, how many are abused?

They use excuses like rape and incest. Babies don't know anything about those things. They just want to live.

Excuses like not knowing who the father is. Keep your clothes on and it won't matter.

Like I said, it all comes down to morals. Those who are in a position to decide whether to abort a baby or not are pretending to be God and that is the bottom line.

Of course morality went into the decision.  Again, based on reason, not religion.

1. profile image0

Whose morality?

2. Valerie F profile image59
        Valerie Fposted 14 years agoin reply to this

The issue was decided based on obsolete science.

2. profile image0

Not to even mention the outrageous immoral leadership in The White House,  which (and who; yes, Mr. Obama) promotes baby-killing and other immoralities.

Your statement is incorrect and potentially libelous.

1. profile image0
          A Texanposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Ron "the hubpages attorney" Montgomery

2. profile image0

So you say.

I say your post is harrassment, Ron.

1. Flightkeeper profile image67
            Flightkeeperposted 14 years agoin reply to this

I don't think you have to worry much Brenda, President Zero is a public figure and they set the standard much higher.  They're just trying to silence people, as usual.

2. Mark Knowles profile image58
        Mark Knowlesposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Preaching again woman? This is against the Word and you will surely burn in hell for going against the Word.

Plus your irrational nonsense pretty much proves why women are not allowed to preach. It is one of the rare instances I actually agree with the bible. lol

1. profile image0

Hate speech and a personal attack all rolled into one! Shocking, simply shocking!

1. Mark Knowles profile image58

Just quoting the bible sweetie pie. God said so - not me. lol

1. profile image0

Amen, Brother Mark, amen!

Wow, I don't know how you and Brenda managed to get him to quote the Bible, when he thinks it's really about nothing. lol

1. profile image0

He's come out of the closet.

I don't think it is about nothing sweetie pie.

I am just constantly amazed at the followers who never follow the rules. Makes me think they don't actually believe. wink

And it might shock you to discover that I spent years studying the bible. Unlike most believers. lol

1. profile image0

Amen!

2. Flightkeeper profile image67

Boy, you studied the Bible?! Nah, I think it was a figment of your imagination.  You just thought you studied the Bible. Just as you think you're following the rules.  lol lol

2. profile image0
              sneakorocksolidposted 14 years agoin reply to this

You wouldn't know what the Bible said if it bit you in the ass! You just can't handle the truth can you Mark? This isn't suppose to be a country where life has so little value but, hey it's only a baby. Oh yeah, I forgot you're a promme frit.sad

3. Hokey profile image61
        Hokeyposted 14 years agoin reply to this

The danger is not that a particular class is unfit to govern. Every class is unfit to govern.

3. yenajeon profile image68
      yenajeonposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Do you have any idea of the consequences we'd have to deal with if abortion were made illegal? Now, I understand where your concerns come from when certain women go to clinics to get their fourth or fifth abortions and it does seem like blatant irresponsibility. However...

I know if it were illegal, many women would resort to doing it illegally in very unsafe ways.

1. profile image0

How does killing many to save a few sound, morally speaking? Even now anyone can go and do anything they want legal or illegal. They can find drugs, get drunk or whatever if they just set their minds to it. I am talking of young teenage boys and girls.

6. prettydarkhorse profile image61
    prettydarkhorseposted 14 years ago

Everybody should have reproductive choice specially for women---- and for the government to provide safe services for the woman who wants abortion because it happens that women resort to abortion for so many reasons. ABORTION simply happens, like infidelity etc..

we should focus on educating women and empower them to use contraception and assert themselves to avoid being pregnant if they are not yet ready etc...

1. profile image0

Deleted

1. 1974 profile image69
        1974posted 14 years agoin reply to this

sometimes...

1. profile image0

Thats not sex, thats violence!

2. frogdropping profile image77
        frogdroppingposted 14 years agoin reply to this

No. Not all have a choice I'm afraid.

1. profile image0

If you are referring to rape then don't speak as if that is sex, it is violence, nothing more!

1. frogdropping profile image77

To some it's exactly that. And no, I don't hold that view. And it's not always about violence. Sometimes it's a silent giving in. Not exactly rape but you'd have to find yourself in such a situation in order to know exactly what that means.

1. profile image0

Not trying to offend but sexual assault is about violence, whether the victim submits does not make her/him any less a victim of a violent act!

3. prettydarkhorse profile image61

in some societies yes, they cant say no to their husband like for example in the Philippines

2. profile image0

No.  Miscarriage simply "happens" sometimes.  Not abortion.
      I suppose you think the mother just "happens" to say hey I want this baby to not be born.
      I suppose you think the doctors just "happen" to poke babies with an instrument that makes their brains dead and other such inhumane practices.

induced abortion is when a woman do something to abort the baby -- at times she is scared for her parents to know she is pregnant so she tries to do something else to abort it, other times the baby is an outcome of rape, incest or infidelity...hundreds of reasons

spontaneous abortion is miscarriage

maternal mortality rate due to induced abortion is very high, the government should provide abortion to women who wants to have induced abortion rather than women risking their lives if they do it on their own

is called reproductive choice

1. profile image0

Pretty, the Government does not provide anything! We the taxpayers provide the funds that a tyrannical Government uses to enslave us, I do not want my money going to a woman who can't use proper birth control!

If the pregnancy is a result of a sexual assault then use my money to abort the child and then buy bullets for the late term abortion of the rapist!

thats why it is important to educate women about contraception

3. pddm67 profile image60
      pddm67posted 14 years agoin reply to this

Well said Maita.

I personally have never been faced with that choice to make but I do know people who have. I am Pro-Choice. I do not know if put in that situation that I would actually have an abortion but I believe that it is MY choice to make and that no one else should be able to decide for me - not the church, not the preident, etc...

There are many reasons and circumstances under which women consider and have abortions. Each circumstance is different and no one should judge someone else's decision unless they have lived their life or walked in their shoes. The reasoning might not seem valid to you but to someone else, it's a life altering decision that I don't believe is ever taken lightly - at least it shouldn't be.

If I ever had to make that choice and decided to have an abortion, I'm just thankful that I have a safe environment in which this can be done, by professional doctors and that I don't have to travel to some seedy town in Mexico, go through a back alley door, and have some make-shift doctor perform an abortion with a wire hanger (as has been done in the past before it was legal) and lose my life in the process on account of the non stop bleeding from the butcher job he just performed.

Women do need to be educated, made aware of ALL their options, not just abortion. That isn't always the answer. For some it may be but at least they have a choice.

1. Valerie F profile image59

Well, see, I believe strongly that my right to live is MINE, and not given to me by the Church, the state, or by any choice my mother's made.

7. profile image0
    Crazdwriterposted 14 years ago

I will say this...my egg donor had two choices to abort me or give me up for adoption. I'm alive today because she chose to put me up for adoption and I am grateful for that.

8. skyfire profile image81
    skyfireposted 14 years ago

lol

9. Ron Montgomery profile image60
    Ron Montgomeryposted 14 years ago

Who would have thought this topic would stir up so many?

1. profile image0

Who would've thought there are still adults who don't understand what murder is?

Yes, and they even let them sit on the Supreme Court!

Outrageous!!

1. profile image0

I agree.
          We have murder-advocates in many seats of leadership where they should NOT be.

1. Hokey profile image61

More people have been kiled in the name of christianity than any other group in history.

1. yenajeon profile image68

I never thought of that but its so true. Hello, Native Americans anyone?

2. aguasilver profile image71
              aguasilverposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Evidence please...

....because it's a broad statement and (for instance) in the abortion issue alone millions of children are being killed by secularists every year worldwide, and I don't think you can blame abortion on Christians.... know any Christian abortionists?

The main killing done 'in the name of religion' was during the Crusades, which were a small blip in the terms of human killing.

Besides which, Crusaders by their actions proved they were not Christians, just as GWB did when he went into the Middle East fro profit.

Christ never advocated killing anybody, therefore anybody who does is by definition unable to be called a Christian.

"If you love me, you will obey my commands" means just that, and when we don't obey His commands, we show our lack of love and compassion.

I love it when people who believe in an invisible super being who tells them what to do into their head start asking for evidence. lol lol

Too funny sweetie pie. Too funny. You were joking right? We just pull facts out of thin air on the irrational beliefs threads.

"My god said XYZ, therefore I am right," is a favored religious approach. I have seen you do it.

Evidence forsooth. LOLOLOLO Yeah - I know - I am using smilies and laughter. Evidence? Deary me. lol

1. profile image0

Another attempt to draw away from the topic of this thread. Why don't you tell us how you really feel about abortion? What about the video that was posted?

I think it is disgusting for you to use the death of a baby to further your political agenda. Typical underhanded behavior from so-called christians.

How many unwanted babies have you adopted? I know you are a big fan of using photos of dead babies to attempt to inflict your bronze age opinions of women on the rest of us, fortunately - the law disagrees with you and we will not be returning to dead women in back street abortionist's clinics any time soon.

I am in favor of women being allowed to choose what they do with their bodies. I also think that late term abortions are wrong.

But using video in this fashion to - basically lie about what abortion really is all about - is typical behavior from people with no moral standards.

And starting yet another " I want to stop women from doing what they please with their bodies because an invisible super being told me into my head it does not matter how much I lie as long as Jesus gets what he wants," thread is getting a little old.

How many unwanted babies have you adopted Dent?

Holier than thou? Yup...... Typical Kristian. No morals or ethics - that is the problem with you guys.

"Do as I say - not as I do."

2. profile image0
                china manposted 14 years agoin reply to this

You are deciding who is and is not Christian based on what ???

They were the only Christians around in their day.  You can't decide this like you decide what it is that god said - deciding what god said is ok, everyone does it, some obscure scraps even got put into a book.

It appears that the people most responsible for forcibly spreading christianity across the globe were not real christians and the only real christians are the few on here who support making abortion illegal in the hope that the mother will die using a back street abortionist, getting her just rewards.

Sad really.

2. profile image0

Did you know that these also killed Christians and Jews in their conquest? I also wonder if you know who financed the crusades. They did it themselves and I mean those who marched and fought in it. The Catholic Church bought their farms aso they could finance their own wars.

It has absolutely nothing to do with the topic of this thread. It is meant to pull away from the real discussion and cause dissent.

1. profile image0

OK on the non-christian Crusaders  -

My thoughts on this are in line with what happens here. abortion is free on demand at any clinic - up to week 14. It is the business of those who choose to terminate a pregnancy not anyone else. Abortion in the early days up to week 14, (week 12 in other places)  is not killing a human being it is killing a bunch of cells that in time could become a person.

2. TheGlassSpider profile image64
        TheGlassSpiderposted 14 years agoin reply to this

With all due respect, Brenda, it seems you are one of them. Obviously the law considers that there is a difference between abortion and murder, perhaps you should give consideration to why that is the case while keeping in mind the separation of church and state.

That having been said, even the Bible makes a distinction between "murder" and "killing." The commandment forbids "murder," but it's pretty obvious-Biblically speaking-that God seems to think there might be instances in which it's justified to kill.

You are welcome to your religion, and you are welcome to allow it to dictate *your* life choices--in fact, for those who are capable of actually living what they believe, it is a good thing--however, we are not allowed to force our religions on other people, to allow those religions to make laws that affect the entire country, to use religion to make choices for others, or to presume that we know what is the right for another person--with very good reason.

1. profile image0

Perhaps you should give consideration to your common sense and conscience, if you still have one that's not seared with the hot iron of liberalism.

10. profile image0

Well, I'm not surpised, but still shocked at the poor reasoning behind the actions of a moderator.
    They closed my questioning thread to replies.
    I reported back and told 'em all my questions were not answered.

Wonder if I can ever expect fairness from hub pages staff?...

hmm...

I have it on good authority that they are going to start closing any and all religious threads by people who love Jesus and try to bring Truth an Honesty into the Open and Show Late Term Abortion Videos.  Plus - I hear the owners have all become Satanists.

And it is your fault for going against the Word. I warned you. sad

1. profile image0

Hallelujah, lord have mercy, Mark is preaching the word, glory be his name,Amen!!!!!!!!!

1. Randy Godwin profile image60
          Randy Godwinposted 14 years agoin reply to this

He's got his own book, ya know!

1. profile image0

Forrest Gump?

No, Tex, the Book of Mark!  Of course, it wasn't nearly as factual as Forrest Gump, though!

1. profile image0

I have decided to worship Mark instead of football, praise him!

I don't blame you after the Longhorns year!

1. profile image0

There are some things worse than finishing second, like finishing where Georgia did, thats gotta suck!

2. Maddie Ruud profile image72
      Maddie Ruudposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Brenda:

You've already been given an answer.  We are not being unfair, simply upholding the rules.  Threads should not be created for the sole purpose of promoting links, and posting graphic visual content is not the same as simply discussing a touchy subject.  Talking about the fact that you think abortion is disgusting would be perfectly acceptable.  Posting a video with graphic images is not.  Just as (to use your own example from the other thread) talking about the possibility of Jesus being homosexual is perfectly acceptable, but posting a video of Jesus having gay sex would not be.

Please note that both sides of every debate complain to us about discrimination... the "liberals" say the "conservatives" are given too much leeway, and vice versa.  You may feel like you are the victim, but you're not unique in that.  Nobody is ever going to be happy with what I do, or what Norah does.  That's just the nature of the job.  But please, try to have a little perspective.

1. profile image0

Perspective? Good one!

2. profile image0

Sorry Maddie, but that's the problem with society today----it promotes the idea that there ARE two valid "perspectives" about baby-killing and homosexuality, when in fact there aren't.

But I'll shut up for now as far as asking about the abortion video,  if you'll please tell me why it was okay for Ron Montgomery to insinuate that Christians are into beastiality without his post being deleted.
        ??

And if you're gonna say he had a right to say that,  then tell me where you and other moderators draw the line at personal (and I did take it personal) attacks?

1. Maddie Ruud profile image72

I did not see that post.  Feel free to flag it for me.

1. profile image0

I reported it yesterday.

Do you mean I should do so again?

1. Maddie Ruud profile image72

The post says nothing about Christians. It uses the term "homo-abortionists" which is a completely made up term, and just a bunch of silliness if you ask me.

1. profile image0

I see.
                And you didn't take the context of the whole thread into account either, including the people (one of them myself) at whom the insult was directed.

Okay.
                I give up.
                Next time I'll just be secure in the knowledge that, by hub pages rules, I can pretty much tell Ron what a perverted sense of right and wrong he has, and that he's a pervert himself, just as long as I lump it into an indirectly-defined category and don't actually mention his name.
                Got it.

1. profile image0

And be sure to make up a word or two!

1. profile image0

haha

good advice, A Texan.

lol

So - there is only ONE valid perspective? lol

Preacher woman - you dun be goin agin tha word a god. lol

1. profile image0

Ameeeeeeeeeeeeen!

1. profile image0

Okay.  I gotta reply to this, or wanna anyway, real quick.
              With a question.

For those who don't believe a woman should be so vocal,  tell me WHERE are the men "preachers" who should be so forthright and vocal about the moral issues? 
              The day I see a man on here who's as outspoken as I am, and who takes a strong enough stance about right and wrong, is the day I'll sit back and AMEN him time after time.

I'm not saying there aren't some good Bible-believing men on here.  There are many I respect.
              But where's the ones who will stand up like John the Baptist and warn sinners to repent and label right right and wrong wrong without conceding to liberalism,   without fear of being labeled intolerant, without holding back?!   It might be said that they're in the churches, but I personally think they need to be here too.

And I gotta go.

Later....

That day I'll look forward to.

I believe a woman has a right to speak her piece and do with her body what she wishes.

It be the biybel wot sez woman b'aint be preechin'. lol

You dun be goin agin the Word a tha lord woman.

Makes me realize you do not actually have any moral standards. wink

2. profile image0

I was actually making fun of the Lord Mark Knowles, but you go girl!

3. profile image0

Any time that a man speaks out against abortion, nearly everyone starts picking on him. They say that's just typical of a man to say something like that.

I must also add this. Those who are responsible for the killing of the unborn babies will be judged at the White Throne Judgment. It is all in the hands of God.

1. Cagsil profile image69
                  Cagsilposted 14 years agoin reply to this

It might be good if "GOD" really existed. lol lol lol

A mystical entity handing down mythic judgment. lol another good laugh. Thank you SirDent.

1. profile image0

I am glad you find all of this funny. It is good to laugh. Where is the morality of your laughter?

3. Ron Montgomery profile image60

Here's one possibility.......

Cause I never did that!

3. Hokey profile image61

YAY MADDIE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!  Great reply and so true!!  big_smile

11. Flightkeeper profile image67
    Flightkeeperposted 14 years ago

I think it's important to educate all women to act responsibly when it comes to sexual behavor.  I also think contraception is a good idea and wouldn't mind that my tax goes to helping educate women to act responsibly with contraception, it's part of helping women to become good citizens.

1. CMHypno profile image82
      CMHypnoposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Why only educate women about contraception?  Men need to be educated as well and encouraged to use protection.  Men are part of the baby-making process and need to take their share of responsibility.

I agree with you Hypno, don't want to leave the guys out of it.  It just happened that we were talking about women.  Seriously, I wish both young men and women were educated more about the responsibilities and consequences of sex, contraception, protection, and acting responsibly when there are unintended outcomes.   Families are not able to have this kind of conversation and schools really are not equipped to have this conversation which is why we're in such a terrible spot.

12. prettydarkhorse profile image61

thats why the family is still the most important part of the society to instill values among children -- to use contraception and for school curriculum to provide venues for children to know when it is safe or not safe to engage in sex and the negative consequences it can bring to their lives and their future will be ruined if they are irresponsibe pertaining to their sexualities

Sex is such an uncomfortable topic among families.  My mother was uncomfortable discussing sex when I started having my period.  She actually wished for just a little bit that I would learn about it from the gutter lol lol Although she didn't admit it at the time.

my parents as well, it is taboo to ask about it--- that is why until I was 19 I was not allowed to have a bf hehehe,  never know anyhting about sexuality, contraception etc, and so when I had my first bf, I got preggers and was forced to get married at 21, Now I divorced the ex and I try to educate my children about sexuality but at times it is very difficult to do it,

I just try to tell them about options--contraceptions and what early pregnancy can do to their lives, instead of learning it from their peers or friends the wrong way i try to explain to them and try to be cool MOM<

Your case is a great illustration of the unintended consequences when we as a society are not open about human sexuality.  I'm sorry that you had to go through that.  Unfortunately your story is familiar to too many men and women.

13. profile image0

I find it interesting and sad that many people prefer the non-challenge of engaging in discussion about licking toads and other hogwash to actually entertaining the notion of moral right and wrong.

14. TheGlassSpider profile image64
    TheGlassSpiderposted 14 years ago

*checks herself*

Common sense? Yep...intact...Conscience? Check...Feelin' pretty good for a flawed human...I did get into a fight with my roommate the other day and said some things I shouldn't have. You're right; I should apologize to him.

Perhaps you ought to remember what the Good Book says about judgment, my friend.

1. profile image0

Tell that to the women who later grieve for the unborn children they were coaxed into killing or allowed to kill.

1. TheGlassSpider profile image64

I think I'll leave that up to you, Brenda, dear. You seem so good at passing along your judgment to anyone and everyone who wants to listen.

My lunch break is over now, but I hope you all have a great day!

2. profile image0
      wordscribe41posted 14 years agoin reply to this

You forgot to check your seared head.  Is it okay?  roll

1. TheGlassSpider profile image64

OMG You're right! *checks head* Hmm..Funny...No sear marks at all. I wonder what she was talking about? wink

All right, really must be off. Love to all!

15. lovelypaper profile image58
    lovelypaperposted 14 years ago

Again, I stumbled upon a HOT issue. My 2 cents: abortion is wrong.

16. frogdropping profile image77
    frogdroppingposted 14 years ago

I'm not offended. I'm just trying to say that your comment about women saying 'no' to sex isn't always as cut and dried as it means rape - or not rape. There is a grey area.

However - regarding a normal healthy relationship, however fleeting, then yes, of course you are right. A woman can always say no.

1. profile image0

What is Hubpages elite?

17. profile image0
    A Texanposted 14 years ago

Nevermind, I clicked on it and now I know.

You do? Good good. I didn't I know was in the 'e' team, 'twas sufidreamer that pointed it out. I believe it caused quite the controversy smile

You should be on the e team froggy, you're very helpful and a lot of people would agree that you belong there. Ignore the whiners.

2. profile image0

Why controversy? If I was in it it would cause controversy, now thats a fact!

Then join the club - and let's see. Oh and the controversy was, I believe, related to the word 'elite'. I know I've been told that the 'e' on my avatar is for 'eejit' smile

*doesn't know the actual rules - that's Maddies dept*

18. Flightkeeper profile image67
    Flightkeeperposted 14 years ago

Pretty, I think for many people here, you are a VCM - VERY COOL MOM.

1. profile image0

I think she's great!

19. prettydarkhorse profile image61

Thank you flight and Atexan, I will eat now, if only you are near here, I have some spring rolls,

Talk to you again

1. profile image0

I'd rather have some Lumpia, can you hook me up?

ok thats an easy cook, Ill send it to you via snow

it is almost the same as spring roll

do you also eat beef pho noodles?

1. profile image0

I'd eat the hair off a fat bears ass if I was hungry enough! That's a yes...

2. Flightkeeper profile image67

Enjoy your snack! Hook me up too in the future!

20. profile image0

Anyway, I did.

I don't mind some heated debate, even false accusations sometimes if I'm allowed to "fight back",  but that post of Ron's was total perverted hogwash.   It was an assault against  pro-Lifers and conservatives and Christians in general concerning two subjects.

21. frogdropping profile image77
    frogdroppingposted 14 years ago

Brenda, truth be told (and I'm going to be really frank here) the amount of people that piss and moan about bugger all is probably a big reason why genuine stuff will be missed. I've lost count of the times I've seen someone shouting 'harrasment', 'personal attack!!' when there's been nothing of the sort.

Equally, some folks have genuine issues and don't always get heard. Perhaps it's because the flagged threads inbox is weighed down with absurdity?

1. profile image0

Or ignored.

*shrugs* I don´t know Texan, I'm not admin and have no idea how it works, behind the scenes.

1. profile image0

They use their perspective, which is subjective!

Ahhhh - you're in the know huh?

1. profile image0

Been banned for things that happen here everyday where nothing is said or done, maybe I'm a little jaded, and I am without a doubt rebellious by nature!

You have? Oh. Well, seems you're not banned now smile

1. profile image0

Day ain't over yet!

True, true. There's always time.

2. Cagsil profile image69

Is that your subjective view?

How do you know their actions are not objective?

Since you only have a one-sided argument, it shows you are using your subjective views, in order, to degrade HubPages Staff, who try to be objective in doing their job.

They look at all sides before they make a decision and MUST do what's in the best interest of the company.

1. profile image0

Really? I feel so chastised now, please forgive me. roll

22. wyanjen profile image71
    wyanjenposted 14 years ago

If anti-choice people put as much effort into assisting women and families who are in trouble as they put into condemning a basic human right, we would not have so many tragic situations in the first place.

There are no human rights more basic than life, wyanjen.

And how do you know pro-lifers don't put even more effort into assisting women and families in trouble?

Last I checked, nearly every organization that provides the best support, food assistance, shelter, education, legal advice, education and medical references for women who don't want abortions are pro-life.

1. profile image0

You neatly qualify your response by narrowing it down to 'your' women -   how Christian is that - you help with all your self centred 'love' those who agree with your narrow point of view.  The real world and the real problems are out there and the mess that you see is mostly in the name of religion at the moment.

23. WriteAngled profile image75
    WriteAngledposted 14 years ago

In the 1970s, I was privileged to attend a workshop with Ken Feit. Ex-Jesuit priest, clown, mime artist and storyteller, Ken devoted his life to living as an "itinerant fool", seeking to understand the life of Christ, a life of no permanent commitment, no permanency, proclaiming universal love. He carried one suitcase with him containing his costume and the books he could not live without. He spent no more than 2 weeks in any place. He travelled the world, listening and learning from different cultures. Often, he would improvise on the street, challenging people to respond to his "foolishness".

We worked through many themes for street theatre and other, often spontaneous performances. He touched me deeply and I have never forgotten him (he died in 1981 in a car crash in Utah).

At the end of one presentation, we were invited to present topics to Ken and he would act out his response. Someone gave him the topic of abortion.

Ken stood in the middle of the stage and screamed, and screamed, and screamed.

We then discussed his response with him. To put it briefly, the scream was the scream of the child never to be born, and, at the same time, the scream of the mother who is forced do this to her child because of pressures she is unable to bear.

It is easy to judge and condemn, but unless you have walked the same path as the person you despise, you have no right to make moral pronouncements on their actions.

1. Hokey profile image61

I knew I liked you.   big_smile

2. Randy Godwin profile image60

Did he also do the unwed mother with several kids, not knowing how she would ever raise them properly?  I'm sure there was plenty of anguish for him to act out in those scenarios too!

1. profile image0

Maybe should have done the legspread and not caring what the consequences were until later scenario! Must be some angst to show there huh?

2. WriteAngled profile image75
        WriteAngledposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Ken screamed to signify all the pain of children, born and unborn, and the pain of parents and non-parents, for whatever reason.

He had no pat answer, there is no pat answer.

Relating to pat, his clown name was Pathetique and it amused him that many children would hear this as Pattycake.

He was an amazing man, there is a book about him called "Foolish Wisdom", which I hope to obtain soon.

Sounds like a real "scream"!

24. Hokey profile image61
    Hokeyposted 14 years ago

Outside of the kilings, Washington has one of the lowest crime rates in the country.

sorry for misspelling. Comp. has filter.

25. skyfire profile image81

Well where were we ?

26. Ron Montgomery profile image60
    Ron Montgomeryposted 14 years ago

And a good time was had by all.

Hey Ron! How are your cupcakes hanging?

Haven't had time for baking since I was appointed Obama's Porn Czar.

1. profile image0

Haven't seen any porn in a while...

1. profile image0
            lyricsingrayposted 14 years agoin reply to this

lol

2. Ron Montgomery profile image60

That's because of your latest mischief.  I post plenty but hubpages moderators intercept it before you can view it.

1. profile image0

Censorship, its a liberal thing.

Tell that to Brenda.

2. profile image0
                  sneakorocksolidposted 14 years agoin reply to this

It's a good thing you have a helmut to keep you from hurting yourself!

It's a good thing you have a spell checker....

Oh, apparently you still don't smile

2. Randy Godwin profile image60

Technically, "buns" are still considered pastry.

27. blondepoet profile image69
    blondepoetposted 14 years ago

That was extrememely sad and disturbing. I myself could never do it. The guilt afterwards would kill me inside.

1. profile image0

Thank you, Blonde Poet. I failed to mention the guilt that would come afterward.

1. blondepoet profile image69
        blondepoetposted 14 years agoin reply to this

You are most welcome Sir Dent. smile

28. profile image0
    lyricsingrayposted 14 years ago

wow, just need to add, judgements are strong, maybe from many not knowing there are many situation.  Who are we to judge what is acceptable or not.

Ugly as it is, abortion is a booming business and won't be stopping anytime soon.
    Another business.  What makes a business successful?  Demand, and abortion clinics have waiting lists.  Bottom line.

Just my 2 cents, irrelevant where I stand on the issue, it is, and will continue to be.

sad

1. IzzyM profile image87
      IzzyMposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Actually you are spot on there!
      Most big businesses including baby food manufacturers help sponsor abortion clinics.

1. yenajeon profile image68

What? But why would baby food companies sponsor abortion clinics? Don't they want people to have babies so more parents will have to buy food?

1. IzzyM profile image87

I used to have big list of all the companies that sponsor these clinics.
          This is called business.
          Business people (the top ones) are completely amoral. Everything is money.

1. thisisoli profile image71
            thisisoliposted 14 years agoin reply to this

There is no business in a company producing food for babies reducing the number of babies.  They must do so at a moral standpoint. Remember people can have a moral standpoint which is in direct opposition to your own moral standpoint, since moral views are entirely based on personal perspective.

2. thisisoli profile image71
        thisisoliposted 14 years agoin reply to this

But a babyfood manufacturer can only sponsor an abortion clinic on moral grounds.

There is no profit in a baby food manufacturer killing off future business.

1. IzzyM profile image87

You've got a point. It's something I'd never been able to figure out until recently.
          Think of - big business, Bilderbergers, One world Order, population reduction?

29. profile image0

lol

30. profile image0
    Pani Midnyte Odinposted 14 years ago

Not everyone has a choice. I have heard many horror stories about teenage girls who were forced to have abortions by their parents. And, sometimes an abortion is necessary to keep the mother alive.

For the most part, I am against abortion. But there are certain circumstances, I think, that make abortion necessary. Rape and illness are the two circumstances that come into my mind. Did you know that 80% of women have been raped at some point in their lives? 50% of women have been raped multiple times by different people.

We must also remember that, unless we ARE the mother, we don't know the exact circumstances and we have no right to judge. Often, women are feeling ashamed and scared when they get an abortion. They are probably not in their right minds and are unable to tell you the real reason for which they are getting an abortion until much later.

I think that when people address the issue of abortion, they are often trapped inside their "perfect world" minds, where every baby that forms is made in the perfect scenario. What people must remember is that there are many rapists out there, there are many parents out there who would not help a pregnant teenage girl, and there are many other situations we are not aware of.

Furthermore, even if abortion was made illegal, people would just set up black market abortion clinics with dirty knives and doctors who really don't know what they're doing, resulting in even more deaths, infections, and infertility. Although some of us may have a moral compass that says no no no to abortion, does your moral compass say yes yes yes to teenage girl's deaths and severe illnesses? You must think of both sides of an issue before you condemn something.

1. IzzyM profile image87

I was a member of the Life organisation when I was young, about 22 or 23. I was vehemently anti-abortion. At that time, even rape would not have been a good reason to have one, simply because it was not the baby's fault his or her mum got raped.

I'm a lot older now, and my views have relaxed. Abortion is still wrong to me.

The video at the start of this topic showed what happens in abrotions later than 12-13 weeks, before that, a woman can opt for a simple D & C abortion. Later than that she must go through labour and the baby must be killed either during or after. They used to inject a salt solution into the uterus to kill the baby.

Later abortions are more upsetting to everyone concerned. It would be far better to relax the Law to allow all abortions for whatever reason up to 12 weeks, and NONE after that, except when the mother's life is in danger.
      I know the tests for Downs Syndrome and spina bifida can't be carried out until 17 or 18 weeks, but I don't think these conditions are a reason for abortion. That's a bit like Hitler's Germany - kill the imperfect in society.

Women have a damned good idea they are pregnant from early on, and you can buy testing kits that can show a positive from as early as a week before the next period is even due.
      Everyone knows when they have had unprotected sex.

Even if it was an accidental pregnancy through a contraceptive failure, most women still know by 6 weeks at the latest that they are pregnant or think they might be.

This is not a good forum topic because everyone has their belief and it is very difficult to get that person to change beliefs.

Better to accept what is happening out there in the big wide world and look for a solution that will keep everyone (or most folk) happy.

2. profile image0

This does not seem right to me - can you clarify ??

31. profile image0

lol

32. myownworld profile image73
    myownworldposted 14 years ago

Not the kind of thing I would usually mention in a public forum, but the discussion here has forced me to it.

I had an abortion yes. Because I have a medical condition (liver related) which gets worse with the passing months of pregnancy, causing the child to die within the mother's wound. It can be dangerous for the mother too. My first child barely survived and even the doctor's advised me not to get pregnant again. Despite being on pills, I still got pregnant (that %). I went for the abortion within the first 6 weeks. The doctors told me it was the best thing to do. Given a choice, I would do it again.

I don't care about any moral/religious judgement. It was my personal choice. And I'm glad I had it. Period.

33. thisisoli profile image71
    thisisoliposted 14 years ago

I am pro abortion, that does not mean I am anti-life.

My first reason for being so is simply that I think it is the parents right to decide whether or not to keep a baby, lets face it, a condom could be classed as murder by most of the pro life arguments, it just isn't used because is it less 'personal'.  I would not preach to a family to abort a baby, but nor would I preach for them to keep a baby, it is definately up to them.

Legalization of abortion keeps abortion safe, it does happen anyway, backstreet abortionists are common in all countries which have made it illegal, and actually allowing abortion statistically reduces future crime.

Contraception is only a small part of the abortion argument in my opinion. Protection doesn't always work, and sometimes people have no choice in the matter (Rape is both sex and violence, to an earlier commentor, and can result in pregnancy) While I would advocate the use of contraception, I do not see much difference between that and an abortion, since both are preventing a future life.

There is adoption as an alternative, and a lot of the time it works out well, which is why Crazdwriter is around today. By the same argument however there are people writing on this forum today because people did not use contraception, and yet the pro-lifers are advocating the use of contraception itself?

I am thankful my parents got it on without a rubber, but I do not think that gives me the right to tell other parents that they should have unprotected sex simply for that reason.

Condoms are murder, abortion is murder, hell, deciding to watch a movie instead of doing it is murder.

But it is a kind of murder that I think prevents a lot of unhappiness in this world, and allows parents to be parents when they are both prepared and stable enough for a family.

34. thisisoli profile image71

P.S the crusades were very christian, a lot more christian infact than the watered down version of the religion we have today.  Christianity requires you to kill those of other religions, put God before your family, etc, etc.  If however this is going to be discussed further it should however be in a new topic, I don't see it having anything to do with current day abortion.

35. skyfire profile image81

Why there is opposition for abortion ?

In some cases there is no alternative to abortion, for example there are many rape cases and in those cases that women needs to abort and that is acceptable. If that woman is having problem (health/financial) to keep baby then why not abort ?

If any woman is having problem with health then her choice of abortion is not wrong at all. If people ask me choose baby or mother in extreme cases, I'll prefer to choose side of mother. There is nothing anti-life about it, it's about choice. Just because you choose name of Jesus to label your personal decisions and call any of your unanimous decisions as from Jesus then it is utter crap of faith.

I see Christians preaching against abortion just for one good reason, increase the count of religious followers. Muslims did the same earlier and now Christians want to do the same. In India, kerala church ordered women to have more than 2 kids just for the sake of increasing count of followers. So this type of faith-business allowed ? Or it is adjusted in prayers with god ?

1. profile image0

How ignorant a statement can anyone make? Do you actually believe what you wrote?

What is the moral obligation of a woman who is pregnant to her unborn child?

I understand ectopic pregnancies will not come to full term and endanger the life ot he mother and baby both. That is different than having sex and becoming pregnant and deciding that abortion is the way to go.

Whose moral standards did those who made it legal to have abortions use?

As I stated in another comment, there is also guilt associated with having an abortion.

You think I preach against abortion to increase followers? This is the most ignorant thing you said.

There are almost no morals at all anymore in this world. Nothing is off-limits and everything is legal. Do what thou wilt shall be the whole of the law. Let chaos reign and man do anything he wants.

1. profile image53
        (Q)posted 14 years agoin reply to this

Considering over three-quarters of the worlds population are believers in a religion, you don't make a very good argument for believing. Seems you are admitting that religion has no morals and that men will do anything they want despite it.

36. profile image0

abortion clinics are a business.  lucrative multi million dollar businesses.  bottom line.  They're not going anywhere.  All other elements and beliefs are irrelevant.  Business is business.

1. skyfire profile image81
      skyfireposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Reminds me of Donald trumph.

1. profile image0

Sky does that bean I'm fired lol

lol

1. Cagsil profile image69

Skyfire, I think Lyrics meant "mean", not "bean".

Donald Trump known for his TV show, the one where he fired people, because they weren't good enough for a job. smile

yeah i know, i got that "apprentice" one.  smile

37. skyfire profile image81

I don't preach morality on the basis of some religion. I believe morality is subjective and shouldn't be dictated by some random wanna-be god's word religion.

Morality is subjective.

Duh, Whether to abort or not is the decision to be made by that woman. Brainwashing women religiously to keep the child with so-called religiously moral arguments make sense ?

Guilt or no-guilt, it's their decision to keep it.

Nowhere in my post I said Sirdent preaches to increase followers. I made this statement anywhere about YOU ?

You talked about ignorance earlier, right ?

Don't get worked up, we have saviour who died for our sins right ? wink

38. alexandriaruthk profile image69
    alexandriaruthkposted 14 years ago

abortion happens and it kills the mother, specially if it is performed not by a licensed one, and women usually resort to abortion in a clandestine manner , at times it is illegal so they do it in their own as well, until they are bleeding profusely and rushed to the hospital and some died because of it, hundred of thousands women are dying because of this

are we blind, for the meantime what are we doing, condemning abortion and the woman???

why not help facilitate the safe way to abort until a certain age of the baby because it happens and it happens always,,,

1. profile image0

thank you alex, very well put.

39. thisisoli profile image71

When it comes to religion they preach charity and low crime, but the statistics show that where religion is highest, crime is highest, and charity is at it's least abundant. Where things are more liberal and religion is less prevailant crime tends to be lower and free will donations are considerably higher.

I am not saying that the Christians are commiting the crimes, since most Christians are law abiding, but I would one day like to research this topic to find out exactly where these metrics form!

This is a huge generalization. Where did you get this information?

1. profile image0

Doesn't everyone just kinda know this ?  Religion is about trying to dictate how others live - by doing this it is both the cause and the effect in the cycle of death and resurrection.

Really? Saudi Arabia is high in religion would you say that there is a lot of crime there?  Russia is low in religion would you say there is low crime there?

Oli, I still want to know your source regarding your statement.

1. profile image0

Good point about Saudi, maybe though this is more about the comparative qualities of religions.

Meaning?

1. profile image0

meaning that at least they operate their religion successfully according to their idea of their own rules. We may not like it but maybe a big part of the hate Christians have for it is that they at least do it so much better.

So if I understand you correctly china man, you are saying that you agree with oli that Christians are hypocrites and that Muslims are  successful because they maintain a strict adherence to a narrow interpretation of Islam. Yet your tone when it comes to Christians tring to adhere to their religious teachings has been disapproving because you see them as being narrowminded.  How is it that you admire one for being narrowminded but not the other?

1. profile image0

You are putting Oli's words in my mouth.  I have no time for either religion - I was pointing out, in response to your Saudi comment, that they do what they set out to do better than you.  I don't have to see anything right in either side.

2. Pandoras Box profile image60
                Pandoras Boxposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Their religion doesn't tolerate any disobediance. Punishment is severe. Unless you're advocating the same in western religions, it's not a good comparison.

It is interesting (sad) what religion does to the psyche of not just the religious, but also to nonbelievers living in a religious society.

40. habee profile image93
    habeeposted 14 years ago

When someone kills a pregnant woman, the perp can be charged with two counts of murder, but if the woman chooses to have an abortion, it's not murder. I don't get it.

I'm against abortion in general, but I don't think Roe v Wade should be overturned. Why? Because women are going to have abortions whether or not they're legal, even if it means having them performed by a quack. Better to provide safe means for terminating a pregnancy.

HOWEVER, there is no excuse for a late term abortion, unless the mother's life is in danger!! This isn't a "mass of cells." This is a tiny human being who can react to his surroundings and experience pain. WHY would any woman wait so long to make such a critical decision?

1. profile image0

I think everyone on both sides of this debate agrees with this.

But it is being used to cloud the issue over what most rational people see as a mass of cells, and societies everywhere have set the difference where this change to becoming a human being  occurring after 12 or 14 weeks.  To talk of early term abortion as murder is as ridicluous as banning spermicide that 'murders' millions of healthy half persons every day.

When I hear the arguments from pro-lifers I am reminded of a quote from a movie I watched recently
      "You mean you were the fastest sperm in your race?" 

To ensure that there is no mistake - this is not directed at you Habee who talks more sense than most on here smile

1. profile image0

I personally don't believe it's the same.

Someone correct me if I'm wrong about this, but I think spermicides prevent the egg from being fertilized in the first place.  And a man's sperm  only has the potential to be a child when coupled directly with the woman's egg.   So it's not a "half child"....

Conception is the beginning of a child.

So, to compare the use of spermicides to abortion is a bit erroneous, I think.

1. profile image0

This is the point - I was not making the comparison, I was making comment on how the pro-life thinking 'decides' when a thought becomes a person, and how their reasoning is emotive and ridiculous.

At least most pro-lifers have a much clearer-cut and scientifically supportable idea of when a "mass of cells" becomes a person- at the very beginning of the human organism's existence.

Pro-choicers can't agree if it's 8 weeks, 14 weeks, "viability," crowning, or when the umbilical cord is cut.

2. aguasilver profile image71
        aguasilverposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Your arguement failed when you mentioned 'half humans' that's a whole different ball game.

Fertilised Ovum are no linger 'half humans'.

1. profile image0

It was not an argument it was a joke - glad you got it though big_smile

3. Sab Oh profile image57
        Sab Ohposted 14 years agoin reply to this

" most rational people see as a mass of cells"

roll

"most rational people" = people who agree with you? Yeah ~ roll

41. BL Tween profile image60
    BL Tweenposted 14 years ago

See if you agree with me?
    There are 4 difference of a child inside its mother and a child outside of its mother.

1) Size
    2) Dependency
    3) Development
    4) Placement

1) Size - one is smaller than the other. Does a small person     have less rights than a basketball or football player     who     are very much larger than them?       
    2) Dependency - One is dependant on the mother one is not?
        Do people who depend on medicines like diabetecs or     heart patients have less rights as a human because they     are dependent on medicines?             

3) Development - One is more developed than the other. Does     a 5 year old girl or a 11 year old boy have less rights     as a human because they have not gone through puberty     and are not fully developed?               NO!!!

4) Placement - One is inside its mother, one is outside. If     you leave your home you are now outside, do you have     less rights as a human because you are outside? What     about if you were in another country, would you have     less rights as a human for being in Asia? What about     being in an airplane? Your not even on the earth, would     you have less rights as a human because you were not on     the earth? 

I believe "Fetus" is a french word that means baby?

1. profile image0

This moronic argument is anyway full of holes inconsistencies and downright funny stuff.

We all have more or less rights than others. Living in China I have less rights than a Chinese national – and other rights they do not have. Poor people have less rights than rich people, we may not like it but this is the human condition. And this is the condition promoted by your godless religions.

Does a child have less rights than an adult – of course they do !!   you can smack a child with impunity – smack me and you will not only get a broken nose you will get arrested!
      Nobody forces you to go to school whether you want to or not, orders you to stop doing whatever it is you happen to be doing, at random!

If you leave your home you DO have less rights than when you are inside !!  I guess you are in the US, I understand your godless gun laws to mean that you can shoot me in your home but not in the street.

And the Enslish language word for foetus is the French word foetus and the French word is the latin word -  still foetus.  And none of them mean baby they all mean foetus.

42. Pandoras Box profile image60
    Pandoras Boxposted 14 years ago

If you are against abortion, I would like to ask you if you are also against war? Do you find it wrong that we are fighting -killing people- in Iraq and Afghanistan?

1. profile image0

There is a difference between abortion and fighting in a war. A bbaby has done no harm to anyone nor had intentions of harming anyone. Wars are fought because of offense or some similar circumstance.

That being said, I am against starting wars. I am not against protecting my family or my country from anyone who means to do them harm.

1. profile image0

Wow - big issue here - to take one tiny element I read recently that a supposed 'Taliban' leader was not thought to be dead - along with his wife and children that WERE blown to pieces on the road in another country by some plastic US drone thing filled with murder!   You appear to be saying that abortion is wrong but killing others who don't agree with your particular view is ok.

1. profile image0

I think you need to reread what I wrote.

1. profile image0

You stated that killing for abortion is wrong but killing for war is ok.  quite clearly - and you are wrong.

1. profile image0

You are attempting to change what I wrote to make it what you want me to write. Grow up and look at what I wrote. Read it slowly.

I imagine maybe you would let harm come to your family if they are attacked, but I will do everything I can to keep harm away from mine.

1. profile image0

Don't tell me to grow up to try to disguise the conflicting and spurious nonsense you write - You are clearly saying that abortion is NOT ok but it IS ok to kill in a war because of some offense - what offense did Iraqi babies do to you, or your country !! 

BTW.  I quite admire your spirited debate on these forums even though you are defending the indefensible.

But surely you're not naive enough to believe that all the people harmed -or killed- by war are out to get you?

Or are you?

Either way, so it's okay to kill someone to keep your own life from harm?

It's not okay. But killing in defense of the innocent is only tolerable if it cannot be avoided. Killing innocents who are accidentally in the crossfire is also to be avoided as much as possible.

But again the killing that takes place in a war is different than the preemptive taking of innocent human life that occurs with elective abortion.

1. profile image0

Some cross-fire halfway across the world from you !!   

Are you really trying to defend what your blood thirsty administration calls 'collateral damage' when referring to the kids it kills?  And this was coined in the sixties when they were trying to inflict their self centred views on yet another population by killilng them.

Whose preemptive is it? Who gets to decide if it can or cannot be avoided? What gives them that right? Did anyone ask the victims? Perhaps they would have liked to live..

This is what is called, "turning the other cheek."

It is an admirable christian moral quality that sets them above all others and ensures them a place at the party with Jesus. wink

1. Pandoras Box profile image60

Really? You're saying christians possess this quality? And that it's a saving grace for them, part of their doctrine and teachings?

Amazing.. I never would have guessed that based on the christians here who constantly cry that they're being persecuted.

Oh yes - this is turning the other cheek. I thought that meant something else, but it now means something about fighting to show that your religion should be respected because their morals come from a higher power and are therfore more valid, and complaining bitterly when people laugh at your ridiculous beliefs and saying this is "unwarranted persecution."

You will have to ask Valerie to explain it to you - she explained it to me. I still didn't get it - but she was adamant that turning the other cheek means something new now. Nothing to do with what I always thought.

But - this may go some way to explaining why I thought Christians are total hypocrites. Jesus never would have killed anyone - except in defense of an innocent child - unless that innocent child is in an American war zone or the result of rape. Then killing it is OK with Jesus, and this is what is known as "turning the other cheek."

As I say - I am not really getting it but Valerie has it down pat. wink

1. Pandoras Box profile image60

Ah yeah okay. See I was starting to think "turning the other cheek" meant something like "speaking out of both sides of the mouth". That one seemed to fit.

Or possibly it was related to praying loudly on street corners. Like "turn the other cheek, but be sure to loudly let everyone know that you're doing so."

43. naflas profile image59
    naflasposted 14 years ago

rasheed

44. naflas profile image59
    naflasposted 14 years ago

aasdddsas

1. profile image0

Well said!

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
Necessary
HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
Features
Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
Marketing
Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
Statistics
Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)