Healing Hands of Jesus

Jump to Last Post 1-42 of 42 discussions (144 posts)
  1. writerjay profile image68
    writerjayposted 14 years ago

I just came from SALT on the Street, a ministry for the homeless. Food, clothing, information about services, and tons of love is given out to all who come. Tonight, I saw the healing hands of Jesus at work in the lives of some who are weak and on the verge of giving up.

Tonight I saw the Healing hands of Jesus remove the pain from a young man's back, and take the pain out of an old man's neck. Tonight I saw a crowd of folks who normally are talking, and sometimes shouting sit, and listen intently about the healing hands of Jesus, and the eternal love of Christ. Tonight I saw a softness come over the face of hardened men of the street. God is reaching the sin sick soul, He's stirring up the yearnings of fulfillment to those who have thought themselves to be empty of emotions. Praise you LORD!!!

1. profile image0
      SirDentposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Awesome

2. Mark Knowles profile image58
      Mark Knowlesposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Wow. I nearly puked a little at this one. sad

I see Jesus gets the credit for the healing. Does he also get the credit for the young man who dies age 12 of leukemia?

Talk to Mikel - he knows what Jesus would think and say. wink ....  (or at least he thinks he does lololol).

I see you are here solely to spread the word of the Lord. You are going to find a fair amount of us are sick and tired of people whose sole purpose in joining the site is to do this and generally we will point out the obvious fact that your invisible super being is a figment of your imagination.  big_smile

1. profile image0
        hamstersmessiahposted 14 years agoin reply to this

see my new forum topic "New Requirement for Posting Religious Topics" for my proposal.

2. profile image49
        nhoenigesposted 14 years agoin reply to this

I would say we as humans get the credit for killing the 12 year old.
        In case you missed it, we are the ones who sinned not God! aka Jesus if you wanna stay biblical, and therefore God has nothing to do with that child dying.

1. getitrite profile image70
          getitriteposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Too bad that God is so irresponsible that he passes his responsiblities on to us-his mere creation. What a childish bumbling idiot of a god.

1. Alya rose profile image60
            Alya roseposted 14 years agoin reply to this

couldn't agree more.

3. Davidsonofjesie profile image60
        Davidsonofjesieposted 14 years agoin reply to this

wow mark you really hate GOD,you should hate electricity,mircowaves,cell phones,perservatives and lots of other stuff man made that causes cancer

3. getitrite profile image70
      getitriteposted 14 years agoin reply to this

JESUS IS DEAD.
      GET OVER IT!

4. Hokey profile image61
      Hokeyposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Believe nothing on the faith of traditions,
      even though they have been held in honor
      for many generations and in diverse places.
      Do not believe a thing because many people speak of it.
      Do not believe on the faith of the sages of the past.
      Do not believe what you yourself have imagined,
      persuading yourself that a God inspires you.
      Believe nothing on the sole authority of your masters and priests.
      After examination, believe what you yourself have tested
      and found to be reasonable, and conform your conduct thereto.

5. AndersVilhelm profile image60
      AndersVilhelmposted 14 years agoin reply to this

I am a healer, and have studied the different levels of potential in receiving the light of healing. When I let the light of the highest spirit flow through my body and to the person asking for healing I see thousands of ways to receive the healing.
      It is always about how much the human body is prepared.
      Thank You
      Anders SAV Jacobsson

1. Beelzedad profile image58
        Beelzedadposted 14 years agoin reply to this

$T$h$o$u$s$a$n$d$s$

big_smile

6. PrayerWarrior101 profile image61
      PrayerWarrior101posted 14 years agoin reply to this

Thank you for sharing, Blessings!

7. nikki1 profile image60
      nikki1posted 14 years agoin reply to this

Cool : )

8. qwark profile image61
      qwarkposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Hey:
      Where are these healing hands of jesus?
      ya got'em in a jar a formaldehyde?
      Are ya not wantin' to share em?
      c'mon bro, bring'em out. lets have'a look at 'em.
      How do ya use 'em?
      Do ya hold one to yer forehead and yell "heal brother, HEAL?"...and hope ta hell it works?

2. writerjay profile image68
    writerjayposted 14 years ago

Thank you SirDent!

3. Mikel G Roberts profile image74
    Mikel G Robertsposted 14 years ago

You sure it was that Jesus guy and not God...God's hands are bigger than Jesus'...
    God's love is greater too...

Without Jesus we still have God, without God, Jesus is irrelevant.
    God is the Greater...God is the one that counts.

...My Humble Opinion...(and I think Jesus would agree with me)

1. donotfear profile image85
      donotfearposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Well basic Christianity teaches that Jesus IS God.

1. Mikel G Roberts profile image74
        Mikel G Robertsposted 14 years agoin reply to this

If the name most used is Jesus it is about Jesus.

again, my humble opinion.

2. profile image49
      nhoenigesposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Your humble opinion needs fixed. Jesus says over and over again that he is God. So trust me he wouldn't agree, if we are basing this off the bible, which is our only written documents on Jesus, That are credible.

1. AdsenseStrategies profile image63
        AdsenseStrategiesposted 14 years agoin reply to this

What is your basis for deciding they are credible

2. Mikel G Roberts profile image74

Jesus says it, or a Roman Senator says Jesus said it?

Got Proof?

The Bibles aren't proof, The Bibles are just a list of things people say that someone else said. Some call that heresay, or gossip, rumors.

3. profile image0
      Twenty One Daysposted 14 years agoin reply to this

wow Mikel, i never heard you speak like this.

but i must instruct, Y`shua IS god -in that he is the totality of the expression of the fullness of all. The Word framed the worlds.

4. Timothy Donnelly profile image60
    Timothy Donnellyposted 14 years ago

Sounds like a great ministry.
    I hope all the efforts prove effective, in that the benefactors remember the source of these blessings are from the love of God, and the following of his commandment to love one another (aka The Golden Rule).
    I also hope the venue, organizers, and workers are all volunteers, not people in it for filthy lucre. If so, it would truly demonstrate the love of fellow man.
    Good Tidings nevertheless. It is wonderful that you witnessed this generosity, and ascribe this to the providence of the Lord, and to the healing Hand of Jesus.

5. earnestshub profile image79
    earnestshubposted 14 years ago

For hundreds of years we have had to put up with this psycho-somatic bulldust!
    No proof have you? Just assumptions. Show me the Xrays I say! Before and after. Thousands of these "miracles" proof of none. No not one!  Not ever. I help street people through an organisation too, but we don't tell them lies, or hoodwink them!

1. profile image0

actually there are psychic healers... Jesus himself learned the skill in his travels in China and India.   you can read about it in The Aquarian Gospel of Jesus the Christ by Levi S. Dowling.  all humans have the innate power to heal themselves. it's just not fully developed in the vast majority.  healers are just facilitators of this innate ability.  it wasn't Jesus' Healing Hands but the person's faith that they were being healed that healed them.  if you read the KJV, Jesus himself said to the woman who had an issue of blood: "your faith has made you whole" when she was healed.  he never took the credit and true healers don't.

1. profile image0
        cosetteposted 14 years agoin reply to this

(nods) i am a big believer in the healing power of the mind. modern medicine is also taking seriously spiritual and emotional factors when treating cancer patients and accept that the mind plays a big role.

however i don't think people get miraculously healed by these tent preachers, but it makes those who witness these events feel good so who am i to judge.

2. AdsenseStrategies profile image63
        AdsenseStrategiesposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Sorry hamstersmessiah, but that is not a good criterion for deciding if a healer is "true" or not. I could be a crook and still claim it wasn't me but God doing the "healing." What would I care, long as I got the money / status / accolades / ego-boost or what-have-you

1. profile image0

what i meant was that the healer ascribes the act of healing to the person who received the gift's faith in themselves, the healed.  not a higher power.  you missed my point.  "your faith has made you whole" meant Jesus gave credit to the woman for her miracle of healing imho.

3. 2besure profile image79
        2besureposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Jesus never went to China or India.

1. Cagsil profile image70
          Cagsilposted 14 years agoin reply to this

And where do you think he was for first 30 years of his life?

You don't think he traveled? hmm

1. profile image0

he was obedient to his earthly parents.
            oddly at the wedding feast prior to his 'coming out', his mother actually encourages him to turn the water into wine. According to traditional Hebrew custom, unless he was married, he was to live with his parents and foster the knowledge of the scriptures.

why do non Hebrews and non believers think they know better history than we do? It's annoying. Take a year and study Hebrew law, custom, life, then start barking things about Y`shua and his ways or the law or covenant.

1. earnestshub profile image79
              earnestshubposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Despite all your crowing, he probably did not even exist! You offer that others should read, but do so very selectively yourself it seems!

1. profile image0

I have studied. So why don't all the rest.
                Every single shred of fundamental belief of most religions -even sciences- are based on Hebrew history, culture, laws, practices and even their assumptions.

If people on both sides would get out of the bible belt-it-out, they just might, emphasize might, realize something great -or not.

2. qwark profile image61

Earn:

A quick "sidebar" chat.
                For one who proclaims to be educated and a "writer," have you ever been witness to such terrible syntax, innability to express in writing, such bigotry in expression, such narrowmindedness in reponse and arrogance based upon abject ignorance as that of the fellow, I won't mention a name, you are "hubbing" with?
                I had to hit the "ignore" button in his case.
                I know I'm mean and judgemental...but golly, gee whiz, there's just so much BS a man can handle...:-)

Spot on! I tried to explain that he had not written anything but badly structured babble, but he is right about it all, cos he calls his god by a "special" name. That makes him immediately smarter, better educated and more capable than we mere mortals!

1. qwark profile image61

Earn:
                    "sidebar" is finished..back to your seat counselor.
                    I've considered your comment and will overrule any objection henceforth...:-)

3. Elefanza profile image68
                Elefanzaposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Regardless of bad grammar, or where Jesus spent the early years of his youth, the question is this: Did Jesus exist and if so, how can we know?

I'll imagine for the sake of time and space that critics don't assume that the New Testament is a historically valid document. Yet if other documents that came from a non-Christian angle matched up with the description of Jesus in the New Testament, then perhaps there might be more reason for establishing the credibility of his existence. Here follows a list of some ancient secular writers who were very anti-Christian that could be looked at as establishing the historicity of the man called Jesus.

Cornelius Tacitus, Roman historian, Governor of Asia:  "Christus, the founder of the name, was put to death by Pontius Pilate, procurater of Judea in the region of Tiberius..." (Chron ii 30.6)

Lucian of Samosata, satirist, second century: "the man who was crucified in Palestine because he introduced this new cult into the world....Furthermore, their first lawgiver persuaded them that they were all brothers of one another after they have transgressed once for all by denying the Greek gods and by worshipping that crucified sophist himself and living under his laws (The Passing Pergrinus)

Flavius Josephus, historian, second century: Now there was about this time Jesus, a wise man...He drew over to him both many of the Jews and many of the Gentiles. He was the Christ, and when Pilate, at the suggestion of the principal men among us, had condemned him to the cross, those that loved Him at the first did not forsake him:..." (Antiquities)

In the British Museum lies an old manuscript that preserves the text of a letter to his son which encourages his son to pursue wisdom and then states that that those who persecuted wise men were overtaken by misfortune. He cites Socrates, Pythagoras and Christ.

There are also references from rabbis referring to the Jesus of Nazareth as described by the Old Testament which I will leave out as this comment is far too long.

I'm not sure what process you have for determining the historicity of someone, but there is a much greater body of evidence that can be established through tests and reason that prove Christ's existence if you're interested to know. Also, quick note about the earlier post, Did Jesus refer/believe himself to be God and how do you know? In John 10, you will see his constant repetition of the small phrase "I am". For a Jewish person, this was synonymous with claiming Deity as God identified himself as "I am" in Exodus. You can see this identification more clearly in John 10:33 when the Jews pick up stones to stone him because, "you, a mere man, claim to be God."  That's just one of several examples though.

Hope that gives you food for thought at least!

1. Obscurely Diverse profile image61
                  Obscurely Diverseposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Yeah, I ate the "food for thought" and it gave me "indigestion" in a spiritual sense.  All this biblical hogwash makes me yearn for planetary destruction.  We are overrun with enough retards, but thanks for your input.  Ha-ha!

1. profile image0

wow, again, once offer proof, people reject it.
                    how ironic.
                    at least science would consider it and test it.

'the lack of courage causes flaws in conviction and the increase of passions far exceeding necessity, as it were. Folly is mans pillow, his thoughts a casket of ambiguity. For its sake alone -being itself- denies even its maker peace.'

2. earnestshub profile image79

I have read your post, and stand by what I said. smile

1. Elefanza profile image68
                    Elefanzaposted 14 years agoin reply to this

I'm curious to know your rationale if you care to explain. smile

2. nikki1 profile image60

When he was alive he probably did go to China, etc. Spreading his compassion world wide.

God loves us all. Just like the people in your life care about you as well.

He also morns for those who are hurting or etc. He is also proud of those who helps him encourage those, as well. He calls them "Fishers of men". I for one am a believer. For those who believes in him and prays to him with their challenges and thanks him for all he has given us. If you have concerns about God you may want to discuss them with a trusted family pastor. As well as you family. God only wants the best for us. He fought for our sole against Satan,.
          Smilez to all.

So he should have. It was his making! smile

1. nikki1 profile image60

Not really.

2. profile image0
      JeanMeriamposted 14 years agoin reply to this

I knew you guys were old, but that old? Wow

6. earnestshub profile image79

I know and understand the mind and body can relate in ways of healing, and it is no miracle healer or any pissant god doing it, as you say it is belief. It could be belief in a dog turd, same result. By the way, the back pain will be back. Religious healing is not permanent as the sub-conscious is not so gullible as the conscious mind! The condition returns due to the belief dropping away. smile

1. profile image0

yes but that is the problem with our under-developed power for self-healing.  in our evolvement, diseases of deformity and imbalance will fall away as we develop the ability to sellfheal much as we have an immune system that fights off infection.

7. earnestshub profile image79

I find the mind to be the key here. We know and have stacks of empirical evidence for massive mental capacity in the sub-conscious pouring in from studies of autistic creatives and well documented studies conducted by Jung that confirmed mental capacity vastly ahead of conscious intelligence as we know it in mind medicine today.
    The cell that causes death of cells is about to meet the research carried out on a 17 year old American girl with  physical age of 3, it is all happening right now, and it is exciting as all hell to a curious mind!

1. profile image0

it's more than that...  a starfish can be cut in half or even six or seven pieces and reproduce exact copies of itself..  imagine if the human capability extends to the point where we can regrow a limb or organ just by sheer will.  it is possible and not precluded by science.

8. Sunshiney31 profile image67
    Sunshiney31posted 14 years ago

Thank you writerjay for sharing God's love with the people around you,and for holding onto your faith.Love is a powerful thing .I know first hand how it can bring healing to the hopeless.If only everyone could be as open minded as you are...

9. h.a.borcich profile image61
    h.a.borcichposted 14 years ago

Praise God - people need healing, help and Jesus!

Especially those who go out of their way to mock.

10. Beelzedad profile image58
    Beelzedadposted 14 years ago

It was Lois Rose who spent 25 years investigating hundreds of faith-healing cures and never found one.

"I have been unsuccessful. After nearly twenty years of work I have yet to find one 'miracle cure'; and without that (or, alternatively, massive statistics which others must provide) I cannot be convinced of the efficacy of what is commonly termed faith healing."

It's all very confusing when someone gets cured of something and others don't. Does Jesus roll the dice on these cases? How does it work?

11. skyfire profile image79
    skyfireposted 14 years ago

Healing hands huh ? I need some healing for some humans living in asylum/disability home. Any idea how can those hands will help ?

12. earnestshub profile image79

I do not believe in healers other than self healers. When I got lyposarcoma cancer it produced an enormous lump on my back before 4 biopsies found any malignancy.
    After 4 incisional byopsies no cancer was discovered.

On the advice of a doctor at a major hospital I went to see a Chinese doctor who performed a process that involved him putting his energy into the area of the lump. He appeared exhausted after the treatment, he had been recommended by a highly qualified doctor so I believed it may help.

he said he could do no more, that he felt it was cancer and I should have surgery if it was offered.

The next day the lump was visibly reduced in size! I admit to being shocked by this, as were my wife, kids and friends who had seen it before and after. I thought that was pretty amazing.
    I then got the call from the specialist explaining I would need to have the lump removed
    The tiny gold thread which is the indicator of Lyposarcoma was found in a sectioned biopsy performed on removal.
    Note:
    (I had attempted the removal by a surgeon in between these events. He left the lump in and stitched me up again after 4 hours of trying to get it untangled from around my spinal chord.
    He was exhausted and I was feeling very ill and my skin was grey from too many needles, as he had to keep injecting Novocaine as the problems got bigger and bigger.

The look on his face when he told me he could not remove it I took to be a death sentence, and a quick one at that! The poor fellow was visibly distressed.

Long story short, I am still here after the operations.

As for the "magic medicine" that reduced the size of what proved to be a malignant tumour I have only photographic proof of the size reduction from the Chinese "che" medicine but I do believe my eyes.
    Photo's can be altered, so I do not offer them as any proof.

The only explanation that seems logical to me is that my mind stepped up to the plate and "received" the apparently highly regarded Chinese medicine man's belief. smile

1. Hokey profile image61

In my practice we do what is called Metta meditation which is the transference of energy. There have been scientific studies that have shown this to be possible.

Could I see those studies? Thanks. smile

1. Hokey profile image61

Sure. They are available to anyone. Google it. I will not do your work for you. I have nothing to prove to you. If you want to know then do your own leg work. It's there.

Didn't find the studies you claimed existed, but did find plenty of sites explaining how to do Metta Meditation. The "energy" flow thing looks like a bunch of new age baloney. Repetition of words and phrases; affirmations. Might explain why there wasn't any studies. smile

1. Hokey profile image61

New Age baloney? lol lol it's over 2500 years old. lol lol New age....... lol

Could be, but the "energy" flow thing is similar to the new age baloney you can find anywhere. Of course, no one can explain what they're talking about, but they're sure it flows.

Something sure is flowing, though. wink

2. profile image0
      china manposted 14 years agoin reply to this

I am in China and my everyday doctoring is Chinese medicine, always offered as an and/or western stuff choice. The prescription can be anything from half a gallon of the most bitter herbal stuff that is almost impossible to swallow, to massage, or other seemingly strange practices.

My slightly cynical mind says that the cures that come without pills or cutting are b*****t    and yet it always works.

13. earnestshub profile image79

That interests me. I have tried many forms of healing, and have first hand experience of results too, even though I do not understand the process other than to assume a connection being made with my/the patients sub-conscious mind and his illness somehow.
    I could be scientifically convinced of some of them coming from other forms of exchange, but having a long term friend who believes in a Japanese form of healing called Mahakari. (spelling?) I have a lot of observed phenomena, such as my friend and his fellow believers breaking out in huge boils on their bodies apparently the "bad stuff" comes to the surface as a boil to dispel it from the body!This is created with special hand movements like pushing the hands forward and holding the hand over the area as with Chinese doctors. My friend chants strongly while he heals. His healing had no effect on me at all. smile
    Very interesting subject.

1. Hokey profile image61

It is very interesting to me also. I do believe this to be possible. I have no understanding of how it works except to think it is some kind of energy transference through deep concentration. Maybe the person trying to receive the energy has to be somehow open to it and maybe it is easier for certain people to transfer energy and receive it. Of course you notice that I say maybe.

14. earnestshub profile image79

Maybe is as close as I can get too. I am very interested in the mind, as it seems to be able to produce a helluva lot of things that don't enter consciousness.
    For example I spent some tears years ( I will leave the subconscious truth or Freudian slip typo in for your amusement!)in psychotherapy with a top Jungian.
    After establishing my broad archetypical beliefs, symbols and their source in my history we moved to dream therapy for three years.

I learnt to wake without assistance at exactly 3pm, (the time we discovered when my dreams were richest and write down my dreams verbatim without totally leaving sleep, or when partly awake, which keeps the integrity of the dream whole, without the conscious censorship!
    I was told never to attempt to analyse my dreams until I had a lot of experience and then to just ask myself, "I wonder what that meant" then forget about it. The subconscious then goes to work putting the dream together. I think it works.
    I saw that almost all that I was doing in my life was not deeply thought out by my intelligence, but just a series of reactions to events, (some quite minor) that were driven by fear and a need to know! By the way at this time my business was booming and I had plenty of time as well, I did not go in to therapy to become happy, I decided to learn about myself.

These days I try to go to that stuff in myself and deal with it by allowing it the space to come in to my conscious mind in the ways where I am best suited to receive it.
    It means questioning what I believe and do all the time, but I have learnt to wait. The answer usually comes if I leave it alone consciously.
    I find my conscious awareness to be so unreliable I wind up behaving like one of those human being things! lol

1. Hokey profile image61

This is like vipassana meditation. This is where I can note thoughts and feelings. It reveals the habitual patterns of thinking that I have and once so identified I can work on these thinking patterns to better myslf.

15. qwark profile image61
    qwarkposted 14 years ago

I believe in the power of "BULLSHIT" as it is expressed by Penn and Teller!  Amen and amen!

Ah yes, much talent, very funny. smile

16. Flightkeeper profile image65
    Flightkeeperposted 14 years ago

Hi Writerjay! Thank you for your testimony and sharing your experiences with us.

17. cheaptrick profile image74
    cheaptrickposted 14 years ago

THIS THREAD!LOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLO>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>............
    By By!

18. Hokey profile image61
    Hokeyposted 14 years ago

Germs and viruses were also considered new age boloney at one time lol lol

Could be, but germs and viruses are real, unlike the studies of "energy" flow. smile

19. Hokey profile image61
    Hokeyposted 14 years ago

You didn't even look. I just threw a shot int the dark.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Health_app … meditation

Wiki is not a study, it's a place where anyone can provide content.

You said "scientific studies" - where are they?

2. Hokey profile image61

Just do some research. I didn't say I could prove anything. Read up. Here is a link with more links to more links. Enjoy. Don't discount without investigating just like don't believe because someone else says it.

Yeah, I looked, no scientific studies, nada, ziltch. I could find nothing but sites on how-to repeat loving-kindness words and phrases over and over. That's it. smile

2. profile image0

You are wasting your time with this one Hokey, you can smell his karma sizzling from the short-circuit of his energy flows big_smile

1. Mikel G Roberts profile image74

He is one of those people that would have called the scientists research, that discovered and proved viruses and germs existed, stupid new age baloney because no one before these scientists had ever proven it.

For this guy, since it wasn't well documented into dim history, obviously these scientists are wrong...

But for the record, I don't believe in the 'preachers' that perform these 'faith healings' I believe them to be charlatans. If there was something to it, Doctors would be studying it to find a way to duplicate it everytime and these practices would be included in medical journals.
          The energy flows of meditation and some types of massage however, are not the same thing as the 'faith healers'

1. Hokey profile image61

SOOOO TRUE!!!   big_smile

20. Hokey profile image61
    Hokeyposted 14 years ago

Thanks for the link, but it wasn't very helpful and didn't really explain anything about "energy" flow or Metta Meditation. Seems really outdated, too.

I noticed the link at the bottom of the page that lead me to the Insitute of Noetic Sciencse, and then found this after looking up that institute:

"Stephen Barrett, organizer of the nonprofit organization Quackwatch, whose website describes itself as a "Guide to Quackery, Health Fraud, and Intelligent Decisions," has stated that he views the Institute of Noetic Sciences "with considerable distrust."

New age quackery? smile

1. Hokey profile image61

He distrusts someone else but yet you trust him.  Hmmmmm..... hmm

Well, at least he delivers on his claims. wink

2. Beelzedad profile image58

No scientific studies on "energy" flows, then? False claim?

21. Hokey profile image61
    Hokeyposted 14 years ago
  22. Hokey profile image61
    Hokeyposted 14 years ago
  23. Hokey profile image61
    Hokeyposted 14 years ago
  24. Hokey profile image61
    Hokeyposted 14 years ago
  25. Hokey profile image61
    Hokeyposted 14 years ago

In that link, they wanted to sell me a bunch of books on how meditation deals with stress and blood pressure. No "energy" flow thingies, though. Thanks, but no thanks. Not really interested in buying at this time.  smile

26. Hokey profile image61
    Hokeyposted 14 years ago

I'm not worried about him. I accept that I cannot control others. Only how I react. So I am happy and having fun!!!!  big_smile

1. profile image0

But I am worried about you - I heard that a woman once went bankrupt after spending thousands of dollars on texts to a computer that is programmed to send back 'intelligent' nice responses. You look as though you are in the same situation here except of course that it is free and the responses are not intelligent big_smile

1. Hokey profile image61

Thanks!  big_smile

27. profile image0
    lyricsingrayposted 14 years ago

3 Days with not much to say lol

28. profile image0
    lyricsingrayposted 14 years ago

but please do keep posting your avatar speaks for itself lol

Thanks! I like your avatar, too. Is that you?

I would have put a pic up of my face, but it's too scary looking. wink

29. 2besure profile image79
    2besureposted 14 years ago

Yes, I believe that God will use people to pray for others that receive healing!

I was an agnostic.  My brother had been shot in the back and was paralyzed from the waist down.  I woman Evangelist came in and began to talk to us.  I asked a bunch of questions, trying to make her look stupid.  She asked my brother if he wanted her to pray for him and he said yes.  After she prayed from him, his legs began to move.  Later that week he was able to walk again.

1. Jerami profile image59
      Jeramiposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Ya caint proove that....   but you can know that it's true.

30. Jerami profile image59
    Jeramiposted 14 years ago

Good night yaul ??   
    I'll lay down a bit at least.

31. waynet profile image68
    waynetposted 14 years ago

http://i3.photobucket.com/albums/y53/tuned4trash/myspace/funny_jesus_6.gif

I am the way and the light! I get the ball you little s**ts!

2. Obscurely Diverse profile image61
      Obscurely Diverseposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Yeah!  It was the godsend, god-smack, praising to the Allah cult, that got divinely basketball packed, upon that wicked ass of yours!  Ha-ha-ha!
      I think this is the best work  I've seen 'waynet' ever post...  smile

1. waynet profile image68
        waynetposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Twas a revelation!

32. profile image0
    Twenty One Daysposted 14 years ago

such cowardice? why.
    So insecure in your 'thinking'.
    please 'enlighten' the learned.
    Same old hoopla.

3 on one over light, no toast, well done hashbrowns -- ding pick it up.

lol

33. profile image0
    StormRyderposted 14 years ago

The Healing Paws Of Kitty Jesus
    http://i200.photobucket.com/albums/aa278/markwaters6/funny%20posters/jesus.jpg

1. profile image0

that is just silly, as was the dog photo.
      seriously, grow up.

1. profile image0
        StormRyderposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Thats the point...It's silly....just as many feel your beliefs are.
        Grow up??
        No...I refuse!
        I will remain young at heart and always carry a sense of humor into all of the threads here....even if the oh so serious people don't like it... Maybe you need to lighten up? tongue

1. profile image0

my beliefs??? lol. your silly.
          i think you have done enough 'lighting up' for the both of us.

Nelly said it best...

2. skyfire profile image79
        skyfireposted 14 years agoin reply to this

so for what you said grow up ? do you agree with healing or not ? please be clear with replies instead ciphering.

1. profile image0

define healing -apart from religious mumbo-jumbo, pseudo science, ohm-gum. please.

1. skyfire profile image79

Healing- Process to cure.

1. profile image0

umm, sorry sky, healing is not a process to cure.
              healing is the evidence of cure.

faith is knowing you were never meant to be ill & are cured.
              prayer is manifesting/speaking/testifying to that faith.
              healing is the evidence.

3. Mark Knowles profile image58
        Mark Knowlesposted 14 years agoin reply to this

LOL

Looks to me like you missed the meaning of life sweetie pie.
        lol lol

Grow up? What on earth for? Oh - I forgot - you have a "serious" message for the plebs.

See my book "Spiritual seriousness in just 4 days." lol

34. profile image0

http://img37.imageshack.us/img37/6361/jesusiv.png

Silly

35. profile image0

Sillist
    http://img8.imageshack.us/img8/8277/healinghands.png

Yep! That's right up there! lol

36. Andrew0208 profile image57
    Andrew0208posted 14 years ago

I've always pointed out this severally; you see, this conversation we're having right now when documented, there will be a set of people in the next 100-200 years if the earth remains who will never believe it existed for real. Jesus existed, wrought even more than those miracles as documented in the scriptures. Well He did delegate us to do even greater works than Him while on earth. John 14:12-14. Miracles are real today! Anyone who believe and plugs in faith in the great tool(the name of Jesus) will definitely produce miracles anytime, anywhere. It's a faith walk and not by senses.

37. earnestshub profile image79

Yep! What a woos! smile

38. skyfire profile image79

lol

39. Alya rose profile image60
    Alya roseposted 14 years ago

pffft!lol

40. Andrew0208 profile image57
    Andrew0208posted 14 years ago

We got same healing hands of Jesus... I love using mine consciously.

I'll give you patient with AIDS/H1N1, try healing them.

If you want easy target,i'll give you many bipolar/schizophrenia patients and for your one healing prayer they'll give you multiple views if it's curing them.

41. skyfire profile image79

Let me rewrite webster, babylon, wikipedia, etc for that definition.

"evidence of healing" points out that process is complete but when we use term" healing" it points out that as process to cure, regain health etc.

1. profile image0

yes, sky, i am aware of 'how it is said'.

healing is the evidence, why? as you said regaining.
      like being thirsty and drinking water. You must first be thirsty, then drink the water and wait for the re-energizing of the body.
      when that regeneration occurs, you are 'refreshed'. same with healing. once the restoration happens you are healed.

perhaps this is why many are not healed...

ps, how are you?

Okay so honestly i didn't get you here that why you asked for definition. I mean for religious forum we go with the definition which is diluted with religious touch else meaning of healing is quite straight.

Oh and i'm fine,poping up randomly on HP these days. Hows life on your side ?

42. profile image54
    (Q)posted 14 years ago

Does Hokey play Hockey?

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
Necessary
HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
Features
Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
Marketing
Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
Statistics
Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)