What would Hubbers Prefer

Jump to Last Post 1-13 of 13 discussions (28 posts)
  1. Dale Mazurek profile image62
    Dale Mazurekposted 14 years ago

I am writing a series of hubs on how to make money online with no cost.

This isnt a trick, it is actual fact and it works.

The hub series will be about 7 hubs long. 

Now my question is?

Is it better to write one and publish it or write all 7 and publish them at once.

Thats it for now

Dale

1. TheGlassSpider profile image65
      TheGlassSpiderposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Which would be faster? I'm ready to learn! wink

2. livewithrichard profile image72
      livewithrichardposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Dale, I wrote a series of hubs and published them all at once so I could get sort of a table of contents in them (How to write bylaws) and they all get decent traffic.  I'm glad I waited to publish them all at once because you know how easy it is to get distracted on here.

My answer would be to wait and publish them all together OR they each have to stand on their own as a hub.

3. tony0724 profile image60
      tony0724posted 14 years agoin reply to this

Dale I believe doing it in a series is always preferable. One reason why is its just a fact people have a short attention span.And I also believe that Information is best digested in small bites ( or bytes ). I look forward to checking it out !

4. Faybe Bay profile image64
      Faybe Bayposted 14 years agoin reply to this

I am for the Series! Speaking of which, I want to know when you are done because I have 41 hubs and am trying to get all this stuff going. I know I am new. But when I go back to work ( if  any time soon) I want to have my basic system in place.

Dale Mazurekposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Well, I do want the hubs to be flawless.  Meaning I want to make sure I dummy it up so that no matter what everyone can understand it.

I want to try and not miss even the smallest steps.

I am guessing that the entire series will take me at least 4 to 6 weeks.

In my head, only because I know the steps it should take me about 5 minutes but we all know how that goes.

Anyways it looks like concensus goes to releasing all the hubs together.

Dale

5. profile image0
      cosetteposted 14 years agoin reply to this

i would publish them all one by one and then link to each one, just because few people have time to read seven hubs in one sitting. good luck whatever you decide smile

1. mailxpress profile image51
        mailxpressposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Hi cosette,

Yes, over the weekend I spent an hour connecting my free websites to my Hubs of similar topic/subject.  I also put a free hit counter on each of the free websites I created to have and idea of the traffic.

Linking all of your work together is a great idea.  I already received traffic to my free website which are now posted on my of my Hubs.

Excellent advice.
        mailxpress

6. mailxpress profile image51
      mailxpressposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Hi,
      I've read many Hubs about improving search engine indexing.  From what I have learned and have read time and time again, the more content the more search engine indexing URLs should receive.

Let me know what you decide to do.  I'm curious.
      mailxpress

7. profile image0
      Deborah Sextonposted 14 years agoin reply to this

One at a time so we can grasp the information easier..

2. h.a.borcich profile image60
    h.a.borcichposted 14 years ago

It is easier for me to click onto the next hub right away rather than it is to remember to come back for the next one. Is that what you were asking? Holly

1. livewithrichard profile image72

Excellent reason to wait... I mean, if you're writing them for hubbers, remember that we are easily distracted by our growing population smile

2. Marisa Wright profile image86
      Marisa Wrightposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Me too.

3. TheGlassSpider profile image65
    TheGlassSpiderposted 14 years ago

Sorry, Dale...I should have give you a more serious answer. Personally, I would probably like to see all seven of them at once. That way, I could just read and study all of them without having to wait in between publishings.

4. Beth100 profile image71
    Beth100posted 14 years ago

Hey Dale!

Well that really depends on the content of the hub.  For example, if there are steps that one needs to put in place (ie. applying for Adsense), then it would be better to publish one at a time so that one step is completed before the next is available.

On the other hand, it is advantageous to have all seven hubs at once (ie. if I already have Adsense, I can click on the next hub and keep going without stopping).

It depends on how you want to lead the reader. It's either hand in hand or let the reader decide what he/she wants to follow and do.

Good luck, and I'll be reading these hubs (yeah, lots to learn still... ).  big_smile

(and what Richard says above!!!)

5. livewithrichard profile image72
    livewithrichardposted 14 years ago

Oh yea, it sounds like a good idea for that ebook you were talking about.

The ebook I want to write is about Ezinearticles.

This project will be my biggest undertaking yet though.

I want it to be completely understandable for everyone, and I want people to see there are ways to make money online without having to spend money.

I really got encouraged over the last 2 weeks when my email inbox was just full of new 79 dollar garbage programs.

Dale

1. livewithrichard profile image72

lol you must subscribe to the same newsleters as I do, problogger, copyblogger, yaro, howie, chadwarrior... smile they always send me the "next big thing"  I never buy into their promotions but they do share some pretty good ideas now and then.

I'm going to write here for another month then I'm taking a break to work with a programmer friend and developer on an idea I have for article and internet marketers to get all the promotion they will ever need. Once the site is up I'll be looking for beta testers but that will probably be around the end of summer. If you're interested Dale, PM me and I'll tell you the idea. I think with your experience you can let me know if I'm on to something. smile

message sent my friend

6. Dale Mazurek profile image62

I think I better make sure spell check is working lol.  Was just reading my posts,  yeesh my spelling can really suck

1. Shadesbreath profile image77
      Shadesbreathposted 14 years ago

I'd say do them all at once.  The only thing you "lose" is the time it takes to write them (which is what, days? A week or two?)  So, even if they do stand alone, by having them all out at once, people who are really into the first one, can move to the next etc. and won't be stuck waiting on you to catch up to where their interest was left hanging.  Making them wait means letting them go find the rest of their answers elsewhere.

2. Cagsil profile image69
      Cagsilposted 14 years ago

I would go with publish all at once too. smile

3. rebekahELLE profile image84
      rebekahELLEposted 14 years ago

I say, do whatever you want, whatever works best for you.

I would end up bookmarking them if you published them all at once, as I wouldn't read 7 hubs in one sitting.

I would probably bookmark them anyway regardless of how you publish them. smile

4. darkside profile image62
      darksideposted 14 years ago

Either way would work. But it will depend on how you're actually writing them.

If you're working on it as a complete draft and perhaps adding or editing things here and there as you progress through each one, you could wait until the whole lot is done. But if you're tackling each one until completion you could post one per week over 7 weeks. It could build anticipation.

5. Ohma profile image59
      Ohmaposted 14 years ago

I think all at once. It would make them easier to read as a whole.

6. profile image0
      Nelle Hoxieposted 14 years ago

I prefer when people publish one at a time, as they write. It's a small thing - but annoying - it happened yesterday. Three hubbers I follow published like 30 hubs each each within a few minutes. My inbox was ridiculus and it took a while to delete everything.

One at a time I'll read when it arrives. 30 I don't have that much time in one day. And I'll probably forget to read the rest.

7. Dale Mazurek profile image62

Well I think I have decided what I am going to do.  I will write them all and then publish one every 2 days or something. 

I just want to make sure I have them all done so I leave no one waiting.  In my life you just never know what might come up and I cant get a hub done for a week or so.

Cheers

Dale

1. profile image0
        IĆ°unnposted 14 years agoin reply to this

I think it's a good plan.  Hubs do best with a tweener length, imo.  I did a recent series where I had them all written up and then published same day.  I should have staggered, as you plan to.

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
    Necessary
    HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
    LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
    Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
    AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
    HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
    HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
    Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
    CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
    Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
    Features
    Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
    Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
    Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
    Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
    Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
    VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
    PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
    Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
    MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
    Marketing
    Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
    Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
    Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
    SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
    Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
    Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
    AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
    OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
    Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
    TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
    Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
    Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
    Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
    Statistics
    Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
    ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
    Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
    ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)