Im stuck again

Jump to Last Post 1-16 of 16 discussions (30 posts)
  1. salt profile image61
    saltposted 14 years ago

dont know where to pick up my writing again. Had personal dramas and there is a part of me concerned that drama will occur..

1. profile image0
      cosetteposted 14 years agoin reply to this

i feel your pain.

i have lost my muse as well.

my Hubpages muse anyway. there is no joy in Mudville these days. i hope you find you writer's voice again. i fear mine is sputtering out like wet firecrackers.

signed,
      Casey at the Bat

1. thisisoli profile image72
        thisisoliposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Hope you get it back soon Cosette, I enjoyed a lot of your Hubs smile

When it comes to writers block I find a change is as good as a rest, I often write about the same thing repetitively inmy line of work, so it can be a relief to change my tune and write about something I don't often think about!

2. motricio profile image69
      motricioposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Writing is a very useful tool to let our feelings go out, and communicate with others that appreciate it.
      Go ahead and try to do it here, you'll find that most of readers will find your work worthy and most of all, you'll enjoy it
      cool

2. Urbane Chaos profile image90
    Urbane Chaosposted 14 years ago

Hell, We've all been there before.  You know what they say, "Life is what happens while we're out making plans."  Still, all you can do is just sit back, relax, grab yourself a fruity boat drink, and go with the flow. At least, that's what I do.. I'll grab a good book, maybe Hemingway, or some Steinbeck, and a good drink, then head out to my hammock in the sun.  Usually, after a bit of relaxing, I'm able to write again.

Just have faith - there are words inside you just waiting to get out.. They'll come.. just breathe in, breathe out, and move on.

Good luck..

3. RedElf profile image89
    RedElfposted 14 years ago

You've been given some good advice here, salt. Make some space for yourself and your thoughts, and the writing will come.

4. Origin profile image60
    Originposted 14 years ago

When I'm stuck writing I usually just start ranting about anything that comes to mind... and I mean anything! I mean, one of my latest ones are about women marching in pink uniforms, now how spontaneous is that?? haha

1. Urbane Chaos profile image90
      Urbane Chaosposted 14 years agoin reply to this

I gotta admit, that's one of the funniest things that I've ever seen.. 

...now if only they were marching in pink playboy bunny uniforms. big_smile

5. Mike Lickteig profile image76
    Mike Lickteigposted 14 years ago

If I am writing for adsense clicks, I will frequently get stuck.  If I am writing for myself, something will usually come to me eventually, and then I see if it can be made "adsense friendly."

I will often take walks in areas where lots of people are--a park or downtown.  Often I will observe something that sparks an internal dialogue, and then I'm okay again.

Salt, without knowing what you are referring to specifically, I hope you are not deterred overmuch by drama--either in your life or with drama from readers.  There are topics I won't touch because I know they would spark personal drama in my life, but hopefully whatever you are facing is not too stifling.

We're all rooting for you.

6. salt profile image61
    saltposted 14 years ago

maybe urban chaos is the answer to how life has been lately. It would seem that a relationship is ending, and someone in hospital, with that, I have upped a little bit of energy tonight. Enough to do the bill list and scrub part of a wall.

Went for a swim and felt a bit more like myself than I have in a long time. Hope life sorts itself out more easily now.

And I thank you all for the good advice. I think I have just been a bit dumb struck by the last 2 weeks.

And all I hear in my head is that song with "my heart is breaking", yet part of my heart is really good. I dont know how his is. I wish him well and hope he gets through whats happening for him.

1. lorlie6 profile image73
      lorlie6posted 14 years agoin reply to this

Sometimes external drama can quiet your writing voice.  I know mine is fairly submissive when big things are going awry or unexpected.  Swimming sounds incredibly refreshing for you-try to do it more!

2. rebekahELLE profile image84
      rebekahELLEposted 14 years agoin reply to this

we all go through those periods. if I'm upset about something going on in my life, I spend more time outside.. being in nature somehow helps me connect to what's going on and seeing the bigger picture. if you journal, maybe write some of your internal dialog  just for you.
      I can't write either if my internal flow is being held up. I usually end up at the beach so I can reconnect, somehow being near the water helps me. I hope things can settle for you. try to stay positive. smile

3. Urbane Chaos profile image90

Look, it's about more than just writing - writing is only a part of the whole.  The point is this - it's time for you to take care of yourself. 

I don't really share a lot about my past on here, but briefly, back in 1996, I went through some things that still scare me to this day.  I was in the hospital for awhile; the Doctors told me that I only had a couple years left to live.  I was devastated.. but I'm still around to talk of it.  I never thought that life would ever change for me.

There's one thing that I learned from all of that: It doesn't matter what we're going through, all that matters is how we handle ourselves.  Be strong, have faith, and take time out for yourself. 

Remember, one year from now, whatever you're going through now will only be but a distant memory.  When you get down, just think about that, and then get on with life.

The writing will come, and you'll soon be yourself again.. I wish you the best..

7. profile image0
    ralwusposted 14 years ago

there are billions and billions of things untold just waiting for some one to give it birth and slap its ass, nurture it to life and speak of laughing stars and and crying donkeys.

8. mega1 profile image79
    mega1posted 14 years ago

Yesterday I discovered a new way (for me) to overcome stuckness or block - I spent the day helping my good friend and new hubber (NamVetRich) write his first hub and set everything up.  It was a joy to do this for many reasons and I think everyone will appreciate what he is doing telling about his time in Nam through photos and letters he wrote.  He was only 19 then and ever since hasn't been able to even look at that time.  This like an incredible awakening for him.  If you check it out I'm sure you won't be disappointed.

But one thing I didn't expect from this was the floodgate in my mind opening to allow so many new ideas and words to come because of helping him!  So I can thoroughly recommend doing the same with people you may know who want to write - not only on HP - and it will help uncork that tough spot that could be blocking you!

1. Urbane Chaos profile image90

Mega, that's just awesome!  I wish him many many fruitful days full of writing!  Glad you were there to help him out!

2. salt profile image61
      saltposted 14 years agoin reply to this

mega,
      he is right that is lovely. And urban, I am getting there. Its been a bit difficult. Someone is in hospital I am feeling that all sorts of things have been turned around on me.

I wish him well - bizarre dynamics are occurring and I am sitting through them. I will be able to write about it one day, but right now its just getting through and surviving the next few days.

9. tobey100 profile image61
    tobey100posted 14 years ago

Brain lock happens to everybody at some time or another.  I went a week without even signing on not too long ago.  It passes, believe me.  Sooner or later somethings gonna inspire ya.  smile

10. mega1 profile image79
    mega1posted 14 years ago

Update on my friend - new hubber NamVetRich - he is so enjoying this writing experience on HubPages that it is spilling over onto me and I have finally gotten the courage to go ahead with the fiction project I have been planning for ages. 

So now I've published the first chapter and it is actually harder than some of the other things I've done, but more enjoyable, too. Fiction is strange when you are trying to make it real - conjure up a real time and place with real people - who are interesting but not too strange,    believable is the word I was looking for. 

More research goes into it than into my reviews and definitely more than the poetry.  Fiction "facts" have to mesh together right or the story falls apart - why didn't I already know all this? (like 1960 Oldsmobiles didn't have the fins) But it is fun and maybe I'll write about writing it! 

So maybe some of my new inspiration can spill off onto you!  There's plenty to go around, just like Ralwus says!

11. motricio profile image69
    motricioposted 14 years ago

Did ya' miss me?

12. ThoughtfulSpot profile image70
    ThoughtfulSpotposted 14 years ago

Hang in there Salt, both personally and in your writing life.  I have only a minute, but I wanted to pop in when I saw your forum topic.

"Stuck" is a tough place to be... as a writer, and in life, and it sounds like you may be there in both.  But, stuck is not stopped, and certainly not finished.  Hang in there, write what you can, do what you can.  Live day by day if its all you can do, and try to appreciate each positive moment.  I have faith that eventually they will knit together into a better life.

We're always here when you need to vent.

13. salt profile image61
    saltposted 14 years ago

thankyou, that means so much to me. I really felt from this little post a real sense of community. Oddly, it was something that came up years ago in a group setting when someone asked what do you think is needed and I said a sense of community.

I always like to see it in others, but am usually quite independant. This week has been a difficult one, relationship factors, hospital, nurses being upset with me, me getting an idea of how daunting the system can be. I was asked to leave the hospital and the nursing staff who bullied me are saying I was abusing them. Which, is not so.

So, we have the patient representative, the carer contact and quality and governance...who hopefully will sort things out. As I am not trying to disrupt hospital systems, just communicate with them. The patient has done that also and he needed to, which is fantastic.

So, hopefully things will work out. Sometimes life does stop and pause so the universe can work. Ive met some amazing people through this. One is the hospital chaplain, the carer consultanant and a local minister and his wife.

I have had bizarre experiences from feeling like Marolyn Munroe was actually being downloaded into my psychi - I felt her and mirrors tiles and the words you will sing happy birthday mr president and then you will die. I was trying to work out who was to die, her or the president and went and looked up the time frames.. which were interesting. When she sang happy birthday mr president, she was announced as the late marolyn munro.

I just thought, I visited the hospital and he said to me you were late. Glad it wasnt stated differently.

1. lxxy profile image60
      lxxyposted 14 years agoin reply to this

I wish you well salt, and cosette.

I find turning off the train of writing for awhile allows ideas to flutter about until you're ready to go back at it with a fresh face and new views.

1. salt profile image61

your right. One day without the hospital visits and my life is finding its way back. I have been so drained of late, so this is fantastic.

1. lxxy profile image60
          lxxyposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Yes, as rebekah says..get some sleep, cool your jets, and have some comfort food. Marmite, anyone? wink

14. lovemychris profile image77
    lovemychrisposted 14 years ago

Marilyn Monroe was supposedly one of the first "Presidential Models" of an MK Ultra slave.
    She was murdered, as were both Kennedy's, whom she had affairs with.
    Maybe you are picking up on something that needs to be known salt.
    It says the blood cries out from the ground. All these horrible wrongs are maybe coming out to the surface, and you are attuned to them.

anyway, mk ultra was supposed to be ended....i don't think it ever was.

1. salt profile image61

in all honesty, I believe that the psychiatric system is used to create sex slaves.

I also had an inkling that someone has wanted me to be so depressed in the past few weeks that I might kill myself.

I have proof of some of this.

15. rebekahELLE profile image84
    rebekahELLEposted 14 years ago

the universe tries to tell us things in subtle and not so subtle ways. sounds like you need a day or time period in nature, near the water or a park with a lot of trees. sometimes our thoughts feel like they're on a ferris wheel, going around and around and we just want them to stop. let them take their short ride and disappear. observe them but don't give them any power.  like 'oh, there's a thought about so and so' and let it go.

it's late in australia, hope you can get some sleep.

16. lovelypaper profile image56
    lovelypaperposted 14 years ago

So sorry you're stuck. Man, can I relate! Try reading. Sometimes it helps. Or just don't even try for a while. The muse will come eventually.

1. salt profile image61

Got a small hub done yesterday and am back in a good frame of mind today, so all is good. Still things to be worked out so things will be ok.

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
Necessary
HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
Features
Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
Marketing
Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
Statistics
Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)