Why am I not getting my AdSense views?

Jump to Last Post 1-15 of 15 discussions (21 posts)
  1. profile image63
    Beaksposted 15 years ago

I know there is some percentage of views that goes to HubPages, but can it really be 90 percent? That's about how many of mine they get. I've never cared much until now when I have a hub that is actually getting a good bit of traffic. The 90 percent rule is still holding. Yes, I am using AdSense correctly, and yes, I do have channels labeled, so I know exactly views are coming from HubPages and from that hub specifically.

What is the percentage supposed to be? If it's really the 90 percent they are taking, I think it's time for everyone to look elsewhere. There are plenty of sites that don't do that.

2. Misha profile image63
    Mishaposted 15 years ago

Out of 5 times I refreshed one of your hubs 4 times it had your id displayed. Hardly 90% to Hubpages. My own data don't confirm your observation either.

Oh, and if you still don't know, it is 60/40 in your favor

3. profile image0
    Writer Riderposted 15 years ago

Yeah, I love blogging and I'm going to continue, but with all the views on my webpage, why haven't I made more than a couple cents?

4. profile image63
    Beaksposted 15 years ago

I'm guessing that since you can't see my AdSense page, you don't know if HubPages is getting 90 percent. I'm confused as to why you think you do.  Actually, it's higher than 90 percent. One of my hubs has had 66 views in the last 24 hours and the Adsense views on it for the last two days add up to 4. That is not the agreement that HubPages has with its hub writers.

1. Misha profile image63
      Mishaposted 15 years agoin reply to this

Sure I don't have access to your adsense account. But I always can take a look at a page source code, as Lissie told. That is what I actually did. I don't believe Hubpages are after you personally, and they don't do this to anybody else - hence it is either google problem, or user problem, later more likely smile

1. AEvans profile image70
        AEvansposted 15 years agoin reply to this

Misha, I second your comment as I have the same issue thanks so much for pointing it out and I hope it can be resolved.

1. Misha profile image63

AEvans, do you imply your number of view differs significantly between HP stats and Adsense?

Right now, after your comment I went and checked stats for one of my hubs. Hubpages show 322 views for the last 24 hours. Adjusted for the time of the day, it is approximately 322*21.5/24=288 pageviews for today. 60% of this is 288*60/100=173. Adsense shows 159 views, or 55%, which is slightly lower than 60%, but nowhere near those dramatic numbers Beaks talks about.

Considering there is an unknown lag in updating impressions numbers both on Adsense and HP, and my adjustment is probably imprecise, it is just about right.

5. Lissie profile image75
    Lissieposted 15 years ago

View/source you then look for the adsense pub ID -the one that isn't hubpages ID - easily establish by looking at a few other pages - must be your's

6. WHoArtNow profile image81
    WHoArtNowposted 15 years ago

Your page impressions on Google tell you how many times Google Adsense ad's got shown on your pages, there maybe a problem with your Adsense showing up on your hubs. I just checked your 'writing for AC' hub and I couldn't see any Google Ad's, so for that view, you nor Hubpages received an impression. Not sure why it does it, but you might want to check with Google.

7. profile image0

Adsense shows up alright in my account but I'm not getting money from my impressions nor am I getting the amount of impressions on my website into my google account. A bit of it could be due to the fact that I added adsense after I published a couple hubs but then I saw that I was starting to earn money. However, it stopped and I'm wondering why. Does a reader "have to" click on the ads? What about the impressions? I'm new at this and would appreciate any advice in this regard plus advice on how to earn more money on the advertisements. Sorry for hijacking this thread, it seemed relevant to my question.

8. Marisa Wright profile image86
    Marisa Wrightposted 15 years ago

Hi Writer Rider, you don't anything unless people click on the ads and buy something.

9. profile image63
    Beaksposted 15 years ago

I can't see any problem on Google's end. It really looks like HunPages has been a huge waste of time.

1. Misha profile image63

If you feel you are being robbed here, send an email to team@hubpages.com, and they will let you free smile

2. pauldeeds profile imageSTAFF
      pauldeedsposted 15 years agoin reply to this

The mistake you are making is to assume that any impression that doesn't appear in your AdSense stats went to HubPages.  As others have said, the AdSense stats will only count an an impression if an ad was actually displayed.  There are lots of ways a page view will be counted but an ad won't be shown -- the most common of which are 1) the viewer has ad blocking software installed, and 2) adsense doesn't have an ad to display.  All that said, a ratio of 10 AdSense page impression for every 100 hub views is surprisingly low and rather unusual, as I'm sure many here can testify to.  I suspect that you're simply misinterpreting either our statistics or the AdSense statistics, but I certainly can't rule out some other odd techincal issue (most likely not HubPages related) ...

The splitting of impressions is done 60/40 at random for each page view, and we've even provided instructions that you can use to independently verify that your adsense publisher id is going into the page the right percentage of the time.   Just to be sure we didn't break anything recently, I just ran through 1000 fetches of your Chihuahua hub, and your publisher id was in there 601 times, and the HubPages id 399 times.

10. profile image0

Thanks Marisa.

11. paulthomas500 profile image62
    paulthomas500posted 15 years ago

in the past 7 days i've had 456 page views but just 285 impressions. is that how it is supposed to be?.  an average of 3 adsense units are placed on a single hub of mine. i havent been very active lately in HP.

1. pauldeeds profile imageSTAFF
      pauldeedsposted 15 years agoin reply to this

285 / 456 is 62.5%, so that sounds about right.  The default option in AdSense is to report data at the "page" level, which means all the ad units on a page are rolled up into 1 impression.  You can select "ad unit impressions" and see the total number of ad units.  I'd expect that number to be around 2.5 times the page impression number (700-800 in your case).

12. paulthomas500 profile image62
    paulthomas500posted 15 years ago

Sir Paul, thanks for clarifying this. i didn't know that it was reported as one impression per page view and thats what confused me.

13. profile image63
    Beaksposted 15 years ago

Well I'm sorry that you feel my numbers are "dramatic", but they have continued day after day after day. I was asked to send screen captures and I have done so. In the last day I've had 71 views on Hubpages and yesterday and today combined I have gotten 17 views on my AdSense account. I'm sorry that you feel this is 60 percent, but it isn't. Please look at the screen captures I sent and then tell me that I've "misinterpreted" the numbers. I assure you that I can add and subtract. Thanks!

14. profile image63
    Beaksposted 15 years ago

Well, it's been almost a week and the same numbers are applying. I did get one email from Hubpages acknowledging that there was a problem, but whatever the problem was has not been fixed. I am getting 10-15 percent of the pageviews that are recorded on HubPages. Most of my emails to the site aren't even answered, they just send me form messages saying that everyone gets 60 percent. I even sent screen shots showing the giant discrepancy. I guess since Hubpages is profiting form the mistake, they aren't terribly interested in fixing it.

I would advise everyone to look very carefully at their numbers and to create channels for their pages. HubPages does not always honor their agreements.

I'm guessing that the only response I will get to this message is a form message saying that I am getting 60 percent, but that will not help HubPages to fix the problem or to honor their agreement with their writers. If that's the message that you are planning to post, please don't bother. I checked just as the day ended for both HubPages and AdSense, when the 24-hour time period and the one-day Adsense period match up. My HubPages views were 64 and my Adsense views from Hubpages were 12. If you can make that sound like 60 percent, please be my guest. You will need to get the wand.

15. Uninvited Writer profile image79
    Uninvited Writerposted 15 years ago

Maybe you should leave HubPages if you think they are cheating you. Put adsense on your own blog or website and get all of the payments.

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
Necessary
HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
Features
Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
Marketing
Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
Statistics
Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)