I have questions about AdSense Have already looked online, to no avail

Jump to Last Post 1-12 of 12 discussions (39 posts)
  1. Shades-of-truth profile image82
    Shades-of-truthposted 9 years ago

Just for a bit of background - I have been writing online for years, and literally have millions of words "out there". Only once did I have an AdSense account, and if I remember correctly, it was for a blog that is rarely used. It still appears, if I right-click on the blog, and view the source code.

My application was turned down by Google, when I submitted the account that already exists, to use it here. What I would like to know, are the answers to these questions:

#1 - Do you have to have a gmail account, to use AdSense, or can an AdSense account be created with another email address? I only have one Gmail account, as I created it years ago when I first applied for AdSense. I rarely even check that email. Checking on it today, gave me the automated turndown.

#2 - The typical turndown I received, was for "not enough content", as I used my profile url here, which of course was considered not "mature" enough, as I recently came from Squidoo.

#3 - Is there truly NO way to contact Google, and get a response? I have clicked on the links that I found in the HP forums, for help from Google, but in order to get help, they want a Google account log-in.

Summary - Are my options only to wait and apply again, or should I create another Google account? If so, am I required to create it, using a Gmail address?

Perhaps this is easy to understand for most of you - for me, it is a convoluted nightmare.

2. relache profile image72
    relacheposted 9 years ago

You say you "once had an AdSense account."  If you still have it, you need to use that because you can only have one. If you had that account closed due to violations, I wish you luck as you attempt your appeals.

1 - No.

2 - If you hadn't been impatient, and applied too soon, none of this might be happening.  Please note, you didn't actually ask a second question.

3 - Not like you you want to contact them there isn't.  They do not have a customer service department until you are paying them for their services, whatever those are.  You can get lots of help in their help/support forums.

Summary - you need to figure out what was really up with your old AdSense account, and whether it was still active or not. And you need to allow your Hubs to mature and get more traffic.  And as someone who has been writing online for years and has millions of words out there (me too), it would be really advisable if you got yourself more up to speed on how you are attempting to monetize that stuff.

Shades-of-truthposted 9 years agoin reply to this

Thanks, Relache, and you are correct - my "#2" was not really a question. I started writing online because I love to write, and if I recall correctly, one of the sites I wrote on, insisted that I have a Google AdSense account. My primary reason for writing was pleasure, so that is why I am not really "up to speed" on monetizing my articles written on places like HP.

Because I am very cautious about content, I do not believe it is possible that I have violated any of their TOS.

About me being impatient, well...I was exploring HP when I first came from Squidoo, and attempting to do what I could without bothering everyone here. Evidently, I should have read a lot more about the Google AdSense for all of us who were "imported".

I shall dig more, and hope to find out why I was not able to connect the old existing AdSense account to HP. Several people have commented that they were able to do so fairly quickly.

Again, thank you!

1. Marisa Wright profile image86
        Marisa Wrightposted 9 years agoin reply to this

If you already have an Adsense account, then you don't have to apply to Google.  You simply use the option "I already have an Adsense account" on HubPages and give your existing Adsense ID.   Is that what you did?

It is "illegal" under Adsense TOS to have more than one Adsense account.

Marisa, sorry for the delayed reply. Was not near the computer.

No, first I checked into the Google account that I had - not the AdSense account, just my Google account that I really only use for a blog I infrequently use, and where I had created the AdSense account years ago. It appeared to be inactive or deactivated, or something like that.

Then, I went through the signing in process, and got the "not enough content" automated message in my email.

I went to their support pages, and sent an email in the feedback section, including the AdSense info I originally had.

Have not yet heard back from them about the email I sent, asking for clarification. I did, however read page after page on the Google AdSense forums of people who were likewise frustrated. It was a bit discouraging, to say the least.

It is unfathomable to me, that there is not a way to contact a human being, to ask what the issue really is. As a rule, I strive not to violate any rules, and the fact that one is not able to have a personal interaction with Google is almost unimaginable.

Apparently, one must simply wait for months, or do without Google AdSense. I would not dream of trying to circumvent their policies, by creating a new account with a different email address...I know better than to do that.

I am simply frustrated...apologies, if this isn't easy to follow. I find Google AdSense's methods almost impossible to follow. No problems with HubPages. I am glad to be here!

OK, so it sounds like the old Adsense account is irrelevant to your problem.  If it was still an issue, you would have got a completely different message. 

Maturity is an issue for Adsense, though they will never say so.   Your oldest Hub needs to be at least a month old before they will consider you.  It looks like you are almost at that point now.

2. Writer Fox profile image34
          Writer Foxposted 9 years agoin reply to this

This is not true.  You can have a personal account and multiple business accounts at the same time.

That is interesting, Writer Fox, and I believe it is the first time I heard that. I wonder how many other people are unaware that is the case?

1. Writer Fox profile image34

Most power users of AdSense know this. 

For example, many of the stockholders of HubPages Inc. have personal accounts.  But, the business needs a separate AdSense account, not under one individual's personal name. 

Many people own websites under a corporation or partnership, and this is why having business accounts is necessary.

2. Marisa Wright profile image86

But the business accounts need to be in the name of a business, no?    I didn't get the impression that this user was applying for a business account.

2. lisavollrath profile image93
      lisavollrathposted 9 years agoin reply to this

Regarding old AdSense accounts: I had one for my own web sites, and simply attached my new HubPages subdomain to my existing account. My HubPages account started earning ad revenue the moment I posted my first hub.

If there's any way for you to access an old AdSense account that's still active, and add use it for HubPages, you can bypass a lot of headaches, including the one caused by trying to open a second account, which is a violation of Google's policy.

Thank you all for your input. As I write, I am attempting once more, to access my old account. How many hours could have been saved, if we could simply call Google, and get a human being?

I am emailing them, to see if they will resolve my dilemma. I must say, this is the only thing that has tremendously frustrated me since the move to Squidoo. The other things I have asked about, have all had some very simple solutions. This one, about AdSense, is like running into a dead-end alley.

1. DrBillSmithWriter profile image65
          DrBillSmithWriterposted 9 years agoin reply to this

You are not alone.
          I'm fighting what appears to be the very same problem.
          Hope a possible solution is forthcoming.
          Thanks for sharing your frustration.

Dr. Bill  ;-)

I hope a solution is forthcoming, too, Dr. Bill!

3. Kim Milai profile image71
    Kim Milaiposted 9 years ago

Hello,

After transferring to Hubpages from Squidoo, I prematurely applied for an Adsense account and was rejected but told I could reapply.

Well, I just received notice that my Adsense was approved! This was without reapplying.

I think as long as your application was straightforward and you have all your info correct, you can reapply or be accepted.

What I did: 
    Made a NEW gmail account specifically for Adsense.
    I've been very active editing my hubs and making new ones.

Good luck! Kim

Kim, do you happen to know the date that they sent you the original rejection notice? Mine came in on the 11th of September, and I do not want to prematurely reapply. Before I posted this, I checked my gmail account, to be sure they had not sent me any other notifications. Nothing there...

4. Kim Milai profile image71

My original rejection was Sept. 5th.

5. Kim Milai profile image71

I had planned on not reapplying until after Thanksgiving...

Thank you, Kim.

Well, the notice that is up on my HubPages earnings area says: Association disabled by you or by Google for TOS violations. That is very interesting, but it doesn't help me any. I do not seem to have any record of disabling the account, and I certainly did not have any violations that were presented to me. I had initially acquired it, to put it on my blog, many years ago - or it may have been when I used to write on ehow.

However, without any way to contact Google, I am "up a creek".

6. relache profile image72

Applying with insufficient content is considered a TOS violation by Google.

They are preventing your old AdSense account from becoming activated with your Hubs because, from their POV, your account here is not established or mature enough for them to grant approval.

If you are going to cling to the concept that there is no way for you to contact Google just because they don't offer the customer support channels that you prefer, then you are up a creek. 

If you want to use the systems they have established on their end for getting help, it's all just sitting there waiting for you.

Thanks, Relache. I have spent hours and hours attempting to get help. I was on the AdSense forums for a long time this morning, and was told I can open another google account, and apply through that, through my hosting service.

I didn't even understand what applying through my hosting service meant.

However, I was under the impression that insufficient content was not the same thing as TOS violations. Perhaps I simply do not understand the semantics involved.

I will try, again...

7. relache profile image72

Shades,

If you already have an AdSense account, you legally cannot have a second one. 

If your first AdSense account was closed by AdSense, it may be illegal to open a second.

Constantly reapplying to get an account through various channels is generally considered to NOT be a good idea, as they can ban you for life for repeatedly applying with a site that is not yet acceptable.

What you need to do, with so few Hubs (yes, 30 is not many) and having been here for just six weeks, is make some brand-new content that is not receiving a Squidoo redirect penalty.  (thank you, Panda!). That's what Google wants to see to approve you:  really good, new content that gets some traffic.

I understood that only one account was allowed.

I don't think they closed my account, as I am sure I would have had an email about it.

I agree, that constantly reapplying is not a good idea, and I am not interested in going through different channels. I have had a lot of interest on domains I own, without an AdSense account, and after all, it is not the "end of the world" if I am unable to create one.

Appreciate all of your input. Once again, many thanks, Relache!

When you say "I don't think they closed my account", why do you think that?  Can you find your original Adsense account?   Can you log in to it?   What happens when you try to log in to it - what message do you get? 

If you can't find it, are you absolutely positive you used your current gmail account to sign up, or do you have an old email address you might have used? 

The only way you can get an "insufficient content" message is if you tried to open a NEW Adsense account, so go back and re-read HubPages' instructions for using an existing account.

http://hubpages.com/help-answer/affilia … nse/assoc/

Thanks, Marisa. I did get an email about insufficient content. The account I had, years ago, was not closed by me - as far as I can tell. There was a lot going on in my life, back when I did have an account - deaths of both parents, crashed computers, etc. I simply cannot remember if I ever used it.

I have followed the instructions on the link you gave me, and have probably read hundreds of helpful posts here, and elsewhere online.

At this point in time, I think I shall wait a week or so, to see if I get another email from them, as Kim did. If not, then I'll "tackle it" again.

Really appreciate the help...think I'll have to just wait it out.

When you say you followed the instructions, what Adsense account number did you use?

Marisa, I believe I used the old account number I had stored on my computer. I do not remember, as have had a tumultuous month.

8. Sam Montana profile image81
    Sam Montanaposted 9 years ago

I don't understand why you cannot log into your Adsense account and get your pub number and plug it in here. I have had an Adsense pub number for about 6 years. I originally got it because the site I was writing on was using Adsense for a short time and then they went to a different pay system.

I used the Adsense on my Blog but did little with my blogs. When my few Squidoo articles moved here, I just inserted my old Adsense pub number and everything is fine...so far.

Once you have an Adsense Pub number, you should be able to always log into your Adsense account.

The only way I know to get help from Google is on their forums. There are some Google help forums. Look for one that discusses Adsense.

Oh, thank you, Sam...I have spent hours on the forums. So far, to no avail...

9. GlennaJones profile image61
    GlennaJonesposted 9 years ago

Like you, had an old AdSense Acct from an email I rarely use and only used back in the day for when I had to use a valid email to join something and didn't want to use my normal one.  I used that account and had no difficulty signing up here.

Thanks, Glenna. I will try again, eventually. It did not work the first time - if I am only remembering correctly what I did.

10. Shades-of-truth profile image82
    Shades-of-truthposted 9 years ago

UPDATE - Apparently, my Google AdSense account has been approved. Unbelievable! I am in shock...

1. Writer Fox profile image34

Congratulations! Maybe you could offer some advice here:
      http://melindalongoria.hubpages.com/que … lease-help

Thank you, Writer Fox. I commented there, and will follow her to see what happens. Not sure my comment was helpful, but one never knows.

11. LindaSmith1 profile image60
    LindaSmith1posted 9 years ago

Glad you got that all straightened out Shades of Truth

Thank you, Linda! I am glad, too.

12. Dressage Husband profile image68
    Dressage Husbandposted 9 years ago

I think that Adsense is causing people a lot of unnecessary confusion. What is needed is to set up a Google account and then associate Adsense, Adwords, Analytics, Google+, GMail (if you use it), and Webmaster tools under one account.

Webmaster tools will tell you when sites are not acceptable and make suggestions. It is easiest to get Adsense on your own domain. However that domain must contain plenty of good original content and not be a spam site with just copied videos and or ads. Once the Adsense number is issued it is yours for life! Or until you are terminated for violating Googles conditions.

The proper procedure would have been to locate your old Adsense number from your old site. Set up HP trying to use it as others suggested. You could also have tried logging into Adsense using your old number and information. The site will tell you what to do if you have forgotten the user ID and or password. Once logged in you can check your results.

You do not need a Google Email account, but it is easier to be approved if you do. Everything else said here applies to the getting approved process.

Google have never said how old a site needs to be to get approved. However with your own domain people get approved only after their pages are ranking under many keywords within Google search. This means a wait of at least a month for a brand new site/application.

When I came from Squidoo I merely input the number I had from my old internet marketing site and was accepted in a few days and got commissions almost from day 1.

I hope this helps anyone else in the same or similar predicament(s).

Dressage Husband, the concise way you laid the information out should help others. Thank you!

I believe there are thousands of people who wish that Google simply had an easy way to contact them, as it would save a lot of heartache and mental anguish if they did. Wishful thinking, I suppose, but I wish they would implement that.

Years ago, it was almost impossible to contact PayPal, but that is no longer the case. Perhaps Google will follow suit.

1. Dressage Husband profile image68
        Dressage Husbandposted 9 years agoin reply to this

I agree with you totally Google should make more effort to be in contact with the smaller users as we are their future! Apparently they still wear the blinkers of many large businesses that seem to think smaller clients are irrelevant to their aim of profit for shareholders!

That attitude is like old fashioned upper class parents that neglect to bring up their own children and just hire a nanny. They lose all their ability to influence the way we progress, then they punish us when we do not understand their requirements. I would like to know who thinks that is the way to progress?

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
Necessary
HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
Features
Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
Marketing
Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
Statistics
Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)