i need help, how do i get more fans?

Jump to Last Post 1-18 of 18 discussions (56 posts)
  1. bipolar girl profile image60
    bipolar girlposted 14 years ago

i joined four weeks ago and only have 9 fans lol wot am i doing wrong?

1. earnestshub profile image81
      earnestshubposted 14 years agoin reply to this

I would suggest you are not doing anything wrong. It takes time to get fans, and you are probably about average for that many hubs. smile

2. futurenetads profile image59
      futurenetadsposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Write the interesting hubs and participate in forums.

3. darkside profile image62
      darksideposted 14 years agoin reply to this

The only thing you're doing wrong is worrying about not having enough fans.

4. shamelabboush profile image51
      shamelabboushposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Same old question. Same old question!!!!!!!!!

There are over a million hubs talking about that!!!!!! Just search for them!

5. tantrum profile image62
      tantrumposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Doing this is wrong. Write more hubs and post in different threads. Show your personality! Welcome smile

6. profile image49
      PirateGirlposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Ya got one more !

7. Daniel Carter profile image62
      Daniel Carterposted 14 years agoin reply to this

It takes time, but I fanned you as soon as I discovered you.
      Hang in there and keep writing. You'll get fans.
      smile

1. profile image49

I love this guy, that smile just melts me every time !

2. NaomiR profile image76
    NaomiRposted 14 years ago

Post on the forums more often so people can get to know you. It takes time to get fans, though. Right now, you only have three hubs, but as you write more, you'll probably get more fans. You're off to a great start, though!

bipolar girlposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Thanks Naomi, i'm still trying to get the hang of these forums didnt realise i could reply to them lol.

3. Gemsong profile image63
    Gemsongposted 14 years ago

Just be patient and keep writing. I don't have that many fans yet either. It takes time for people to get to know you and your writing.

4. profile image0
    ryankettposted 14 years ago

Just keep writing, its that simple. The more hubs you write, the higher the quantity of people that will find a hub by you. The higher the quantity of people that will find a hub by you = the higher quantity of people that will enjoy or relate to your work and will want to be informed when you write something else.

5. GeneralHowitzer profile image67
    GeneralHowitzerposted 14 years ago

I already fanned you...

6. mymagicview profile image64
    mymagicviewposted 14 years ago

Join fanclub of others and in return they will joun yours.

1. tantrum profile image62
      tantrumposted 14 years agoin reply to this

That's not true. Going on a fanning spree is no good. BTW ,I never fan someone who fan me, only if I think his/her  work worthwhile.

2. profile image0
      ryankettposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Really? Why not go ahead and join 50 fan clubs today, see what happens to your hubberscore....

1. Eaglekiwi profile image74
        Eaglekiwiposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Psst Ryan who is the other Ryan ??

1. profile image49

Alter-Ryan smile

1. Eaglekiwi profile image74
            Eaglekiwiposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Ohok , but its not really an alter? oh what do I know, lol
            maybe my alter could be twobirds in a bush lol gawd im laughin at my own jokes now ,must be hungry smile

2. profile image0
          Ryan Kettposted 14 years agoin reply to this

The other Ryan is banned, I have no idea who he is.... just read it somewhere, I'm a newbie wink

1. profile image49

Lol I so knew he wud get a 2nd red card, catching up on the Cabin Girl he is smile

1. profile image0

I think he also said something about it being "worth it", no idea what he is talking about of course.... ne'er 'erd of him.

1. profile image49

It's always worth it, some Thursday night I may just go out with a bang smile

1. profile image0
                  Janettaposted 14 years agoin reply to this

but CG, you're so quiet and soft spoken... yikes

1. profile image49

Your Mama never tell ya it's the quiet ones you gotta watch honey smile

2. Luciendasky profile image61
                Luciendaskyposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Well, welcome new Ryan...  big_smile  lol

2. Pr0metheus profile image58
        Pr0metheusposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Does it lower your hubscore to join a lot of fan clubs or something?

1. profile image0

yes. if you fan a bunch of people in very little time, it is seen as a form of spam and spam lowers your score considerably.

Around here, we usually refer to it as famming smile

1. profile image49
            BadCoposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Well if it ain't my fav girl, my heart is pounding like a drum at the sight of ya smile

2. profile image0

Janetta got there before me..... but yes. If you go on a fanning spree, this will lower your score; which is a good thing.... as fanning defeats the whole point in having a fan in the first place.

7. swarnaw profile image59
    swarnawposted 14 years ago

I also already fanned with  you...

8. profile image0
    A Texanposted 14 years ago

You must have found the secret because you have 23 now

1. profile image0

And lets face it, she is going to end up with a lot more than you could ever have A Texan big_smile

1. profile image0
        A Texanposted 14 years agoin reply to this

And that concerns me terribly!

9. torimari profile image68
    torimariposted 14 years ago

Hub-content, forums activity...I honestly don't know what inspired people to fan me, but I am glad to have so many so far without me being the first to fan. ^_^

10. profile image49
    BadCoposted 14 years ago

I deff like the two birds in a bush, near sure I saw the Movie lol !

1. profile image0

O Pirate, My Pirate wink

1. profile image49

Tis nice to see the lady on the Forums, the Captain has missed you bad !

1. profile image0

Back at ya wink  You'll probably see more of me than you want, I think I'm hooked again!! lol

1. profile image49

Lol cud never see enough of ya Janetta, well I cud ya know, good to hear you are hooked again, twas thinking ya wud never return lol !

1. profile image0

no such luck lol  I'd miss too much wink

11. starme77 profile image76
    starme77posted 14 years ago

just hang out and write ..and don't get into a hurry - I joined 4 months ago - but then got off into life and only started hubbing like 10 days ago - at first I was in a hurry and my writing wasnt the best ... but after about 6 or seven days I calmed down and resorted to the fact that it takes a bit of time -  just write and be yourself ...it'll come and its more fun that way too

bipolar girlposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Thanks

12. profile image49
    BadCoposted 14 years ago

In short don't fanny around smile

13. profile image49
    PirateGirlposted 14 years ago

Ya would you know, damn Captain has missed you like crazy !

14. profile image49
    BadCoposted 14 years ago

Been done twice PG, get original material smile

1. profile image49

Well I am going to unfan you, you are no gentleman smile

15. sooner than later profile image60
    sooner than laterposted 14 years ago

I think that it's interesting that people want loads of fans. I never check my fan score- is there a benefit?

1. Bard of Ely profile image79
      Bard of Elyposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Yes, there is - the more fans you have the more your hubs get potentially viewed and promoted! Also the more feedback you are likely to get and the more good friends you are likely to make!

16. Bard of Ely profile image79
    Bard of Elyposted 14 years ago

Posting a lot here helps and another way is to simply add other hubbers - many of them will respond by adding you back.

17. profile image0
    bloodnlatexposted 14 years ago

I totally agree.  You fan count reflects how many people read and enjoy your work.  It also helps you meet people that are, a lot of time, a lot like you.  It can turn into a whole social outlet.  Now your Hub Score,  That means nothing to me.

18. sandwichmom profile image60
    sandwichmomposted 14 years ago

I do not really post very often- but just read on these- so maybe I will start posting; I look at some scores and number of fans- and see no co- relation though, so I wonder if you miss a few weeks online- does your score drop?

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
Necessary
HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
Features
Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
Marketing
Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
Statistics
Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)