CEO of DOCSTOC called me back, issue IS being dealt with

Jump to Last Post 1-30 of 30 discussions (35 posts)
  1. sunforged profile image70
    sunforgedposted 14 years ago

Jason of docstoc, returned my message. Specifically stated that he was aware of the issue, thanked us for informing him.

Knows that the user is Shift(a-q) and will have all instances removed within 48 hours

2. profile image0
    Nelle Hoxieposted 14 years ago

Thank you very much for posting this and all of your hard work.  I really appreciate your efforts greatly.

3. Jen's Solitude profile image86
    Jen's Solitudeposted 14 years ago

Thank you sunforged!

4. Sufidreamer profile image77
    Sufidreamerposted 14 years ago

I suggest that we keep bumping this one - it will stop you having to respond to two or three different threads smile

Good work, Sunforged.

5. profile image0
    wordscribe41posted 14 years ago

Thanks so much, Sunforged.  Nicely done.  I love how everyone has banned together in this debacle!

Laura

6. readytoescape profile image61
    readytoescapeposted 14 years ago

Good work Sunforged, On behalf of all of us Thanks for all the effort

7. rebekahELLE profile image85
    rebekahELLEposted 14 years ago

nice, thanks for taking action.

8. profile image0
    Nelle Hoxieposted 14 years ago

Yes we should keep bumping and keep thanking the folks who took charge and helped to get this resolved so quickly. Thranax deserves a giant thank you as well.

1. profile image0
      wordscribe41posted 14 years agoin reply to this

Yes, Thranax, thank you so much!!!  I feel like people have my back.  Makes me feel warm and fuzzy about the community.

1. Daniel Carter profile image62
        Daniel Carterposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Yes! And many thanks to detective Thranax!! Oy vey!!

9. Jane@CM profile image59
    Jane@CMposted 14 years ago

Woo hoo - a HubPage WRITER to the rescue!  Great job!

10. Daniel Carter profile image62
    Daniel Carterposted 14 years ago

My Monday is going MUCH better than theirs.
    Thank you, sunforged for making this Monday sweeter than it started out.
    smile

11. CMHypno profile image83
    CMHypnoposted 14 years ago

Thanks sunforged for your great work, and especial thanks to thranax who brought this issue to our attention and also did great work! smile

12. Sufidreamer profile image77

Sorry, Thranax - I forgot to thank you. Very remiss of me smile

13. lakeerieartists profile image63
    lakeerieartistsposted 14 years ago

This is the power of community.  So impressive.

14. I*n*v*i*c*t*u*s profile image60
    I*n*v*i*c*t*u*sposted 14 years ago

a "GREAT BIG APPLAUSE" to Thranax and Sunforged!!! Great to know we have such amazing hubbers!! big_smile

15. profile image0
    Crazdwriterposted 14 years ago

THANK YOU THRANAX AND SUNFORGED!!!!! You two rock! I am so glad we have great hubbers and great guys on our side who wants to help us keep our hubs OURS. Love you both! *HUGS* *KISS ON CHEEK*

16. Ryan Hupfer profile image59
    Ryan Hupferposted 14 years ago

Great work, everyone and thanks for staying on top of this. Looks like me and the rest of the HubPages staff can just go back home since you've all got everything under control. smile

Seriously though, you guys rule.

17. Pearldiver profile image66
    Pearldiverposted 14 years ago

It's not over yet Ryan. But staying up all night here has been worthwhile (almost thankless too hmm)

1. Eaglekiwi profile image76
      Eaglekiwiposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Noooo I finks ya awesome wink

2. Marisa Wright profile image87
      Marisa Wrightposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Pearldiver, if you were one of the core of people who directly influenced the outcome - then yes.  Otherwise,I don't see why staying up all night was worth it.  It appears that this issue was resolved mainly by Sunforged making a phone call to the head of Docstoc.

Others who played a valuable part are those who noticed the problem in the first place, and those who identified the full range of users. Everyone else who ran around posting emails, twittering, etc etc didn't contribute to anything other than hysteria. 

In fact, they may have made things worse by creating a flood of emails and notices that Docstoc's admin have to wade through, when they would be better employed deleting the offending content.

18. Eaglekiwi profile image76
    Eaglekiwiposted 14 years ago

I thankyou for your great work, I dont know if any of my hubs were copied ,but in principle Fantastic work!! smile

19. lrohner profile image68
    lrohnerposted 14 years ago

Big hugs and thanks to Thranax and Sunforged! Thanks to PearlDiver too for stepping in when Thranax wasn't available!

20. Sufidreamer profile image77

Thranax and Sunforged - defending Hubopylae against the Plagiarism Empire.

http://www.japanprobe.com/wp-content/uploads/this-is-sparta.jpg

Hope you like the pic, EagleKiwi wink

Courtesy of http://www.japanprobe.com/2007/07/19/mo … adian-man/

21. relache profile image72
    relacheposted 14 years ago

I just got a reply to my NOI that I filed yesterday with Docstoc.com, and the two hubs of mine that were copied have been taken down (I checked).

22. Dame Scribe profile image57
    Dame Scribeposted 14 years ago

Awesome job tc of them thieves big_smile if only we could have em flogged now hmm tongue lol

23. Pr0metheus profile image59
    Pr0metheusposted 14 years ago

My two hubs were removed and I got an e-mail.

"Dear Matthew,

Thank you for taking the time to provide the required DMCA notification.  The documents you identified in your DMCA notifications have been removed from docstoc.   Additionally, the user who uploaded your documents has been removed from docstoc.

Once again, thank you for your assistance and cooperation in this matter.

Best regards,

The docstoc Team"

I also asked them to ban the IP.

24. lrohner profile image68
    lrohnerposted 14 years ago

I've got a question... With all of the articles taken down that we just reported, will Google still be able to ban the perpetrator's publisher ID?

25. profile image0
    Crazdwriterposted 14 years ago

I just recieved the email too about it being taken down. big_smile me happy again lmao

26. Jen's Solitude profile image86
    Jen's Solitudeposted 14 years ago

Thranax, thank you for the post that alerted everyone to this and all the stats you posted and time you spent on this!

27. profile image0
    TMinutposted 14 years ago

If you're going to post pictures like the one above, we'll be begging for there to be more trouble!

28. wrenfrost56 profile image56
    wrenfrost56posted 14 years ago

Thank-you so much thranax, if it were not for you making me aware of the problem I would still be unaware that my work too had been copied word for word sad However  thanks to you and the hubpages community looks like it is being delt with big_smile

29. rebekahELLE profile image85
    rebekahELLEposted 14 years ago

nice to see swift action. mine are removed, received the letter and I sent a thank you letter back for taking prompt action.

I don't think this would have happened on other writing sites where so many were actively involved and I applaud the hubbers who took responsibility and took action. Nothing wrong with stepping forward and asking for accountability.

30. yoshi97 profile image56
    yoshi97posted 14 years ago

I received an email too ... all accounts this critter made will be done within 48 hours and many of them have already seen the axe. thanks to our valiant knights for keeping a watch over us.

Also, kudos to the admin at Docstoc for addressing this situation so quickly.

One thing I want to make clear is that this has never been an issue with docstoc ... it's been with a lone individual who broke HPs rules and Docstoc's rules as well. Docstoc had a link on their page to report DCMA violations, and they answered mine expediently, which tells me they are serious about running a clean ship.

As such, this has never been a 'docstoc issue' this has been a lone nut trying to pilfer everything he could in a 3 day stretch. Funniest thing is ... I can't even understand *why* he would do it.

Rest assured ... this situation appears to have been addressed properly.

Again, thanks to Thranax, Sunforged, and any others I missed who worked in the background to get this issue resolved. smile

1. sunforged profile image70
      sunforgedposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Absolutely, Docstoc is cool in my book, i sent short thank you letters to all the contacts i addressed with the initial issue

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
Necessary
HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
Features
Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
Marketing
Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
Statistics
Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)