Problems with editing and comments

Jump to Last Post 1-27 of 27 discussions (37 posts)
  1. Dolores Monet profile image94
    Dolores Monetposted 13 years ago

Hi fellow hubbers! Is anyone having a problem accepting comments, or editing hubs? I am. I am stuck in edit mode on one hub, can't get out, can't edit. Help!

1. profile image0
      Norah Caseyposted 13 years agoin reply to this

Sorry about this everyone, we'll look into it right now! We appreciate your patience while we squash all of these bugs.

2. Mentalist acer profile image61
      Mentalist acerposted 13 years agoin reply to this

Press the reorder first then the publish...

2. vanchen profile image69
    vanchenposted 13 years ago

Same.  Can't create a new hub, either.

3. profile image0
    Website Examinerposted 13 years ago

Seems you are not alone, both these problems have been raised on the forum today.

4. Dame Scribe profile image56
    Dame Scribeposted 13 years ago

I cant get into my Hub categories to read tongue I will assume it's a site maintenance and hopefully fix itself in time. Stuck? yikes wow..never had that happen..refresh? mayb hmm idk sad hope you manage to save it tho. yikes

5. Dolores Monet profile image94

Have tried to refresh but that does not work. I don't want to lose the hub that I am editing. And here the time of day that I've set aside to hub just is not happening.

6. IzzyM profile image85
    IzzyMposted 13 years ago

I just published a hub that took me 4 hours to write and publish because I kept getting errors. Firefox freezing up. My computer freezing up. Had to reboot a few times. Don't think this is Hubpages fault but they do seem to be terribly slow today (or is it my connection?)

7. psycheskinner profile image82
    psycheskinnerposted 13 years ago

I can't comment and have given up trying to start my new hub.  What is going on?

8. stephhicks68 profile image87
    stephhicks68posted 13 years ago

Having major issues too - cannot edit my hubs and when I pull up my groups, the page is blank

9. NaomiR profile image76
    NaomiRposted 13 years ago

Yeah, I can't edit mine, either. I think it's a site issue.

10. blark profile image71
    blarkposted 13 years ago

View my reply to UniqueBeauty's post; I explain the likely cause:

http://hubpages.com/forum/topic/46453

11. blark profile image71
    blarkposted 13 years ago

Dolores, you should copy all your work to Word or Notepad just in case HubPages is currently unable to save it.

12. Dolores Monet profile image94

blark, you are right but I have one problem. I am too lazy!

13. blark profile image71
    blarkposted 13 years ago

Ha!  I dig it.  I 'spose the best thing to do in this scenario then is don't close any of your browser windows!  XD

14. profile image0
    bobbyGoldposted 13 years ago

hey guys ye i cant edit any of my hubs,  to post a new one it takes me to the simplified version whre you can post your text. Please HUBPAGES let us know when the issues is fixed.

15. profile image0
    Norah Caseyposted 13 years ago

Has anyone tried shift + refresh? There was a javascript error earlier that may still be holding over. Let me know if you try it and what the results are.

1. blark profile image71
      blarkposted 13 years agoin reply to this

Pauldeeds suggested the same, and while it didn't work the first time, it did work this time.

Hold shift, then right-click and choose whichever refresh option your browser displays (for example, Google Chrome displays the option "Reload").  I tried holding shift and just pressing F5 and it didn't work, but using the right click method resulted in success.

2. Dolores Monet profile image94
      Dolores Monetposted 13 years agoin reply to this

NORAH! Yes! I did what you suggested and it worked. Thank you!!!!!

3. mailxpress profile image50
      mailxpressposted 13 years agoin reply to this

Thank you so much.  I would of never thought of that.  Way to go.  I was unable to approve comments, I used shift + then refresh and all is fine.
      There is another revenue sharing website that will not allow comments to be made.  I'm going to try it out over there to see if it works.

1. mailxpress profile image50
        mailxpressposted 13 years agoin reply to this

Nope, it worked at Hubpages but not at the other revenue sharing website.  I know they are trying to fix it.

16. paradigmsearch profile image61
    paradigmsearchposted 13 years ago

Looks like everything is acting flaky today. HP servers probably at max.

17. paradigmsearch profile image61
    paradigmsearchposted 13 years ago

"When Your HP Hub Editor Is Unhappy...

First, click the Reorder Now button. Let it process. This untangles and cleans up everything that the application was trying to keep track of; as well as making more computer memory available. This first step alone usually solves the problem."

1. psycheskinner profile image82
      psycheskinnerposted 13 years agoin reply to this

An sometimes doesn't.  Something has been going on for the last day or so beyond the usual tangle ups.

18. Sally's Trove profile image77
    Sally's Troveposted 13 years ago

An hour ago, I shut down everything, rebooted, and then used IE instead of FF. I just spent the last 20 minutes finishing my Hub with no problems whatsoever, although I had plenty of problems through the day using FF. Hope that info helps someone.

19. Dolores Monet profile image94

But if I shut down or switch to IE, won't I lose my open hub? It is my top preforming hub. Have copied, but won't that come up as new?

1. profile image0
      Website Examinerposted 13 years agoin reply to this

You can log on with a different browser, enter edit mode. If you can save with the second browser, you can then simply close the first browser without clicking on anything as you exit.

If you shut down your computer or simply exit the browser without having saved your work, your hub will be in whatever state it was in when the last editing operation was made.

20. Dolores Monet profile image94

I thought that if you left the page or shut down, you will lose the hub if its in edit mode?

1. profile image0

Not if you save your work in a different browser first. (You never actually lose a hub unless you delete it deliberately).

21. profile image0
    khmohsinposted 13 years ago

sometimes i face problems of commenting

22. Dolores Monet profile image94

I switched to IE and that one works fine but when I came back to FF, still stuck in edit mode.

1. profile image0

Once your work has been saved in IE, simply close down Firefox without clicking on anything.

23. Chaotic Chica profile image60
    Chaotic Chicaposted 13 years ago

I have not been here for a few days so I'm a little bit behind.  I have tried the shift + refresh trick, three times and am still unable to accept comments.  Have there been any new developments in fixing this?

24. akirchner profile image92
    akirchnerposted 13 years ago

I found that switching to Mozilla made all my problems with that stuff go away - I was having repeated problems with it and now I have Mozilla installed just to do Hubpages and it works just fine....like that shift refresh trick too though!

25. Chaotic Chica profile image60
    Chaotic Chicaposted 13 years ago

Okay, the problem with accepting comments has been fixed, and I can comment on my own.  Now I cannot comment on anybody else's hubs which is very aggrevating as I have discovered several great hubs today that I really wanted to comment on but can't.  What is going on with HubPages?

26. Whitney05 profile image84
    Whitney05posted 13 years ago

I cannot accept or post comments on my own hubs.

27. DeanKeaton259 profile image59
    DeanKeaton259posted 13 years ago

Nothing is working. The entire edit hub menu is non-functional on all of my hubs. Also, when I view any of my hubs, all of the video links have been removed from all of the video capsules.

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
Necessary
HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
Features
Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
Marketing
Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
Statistics
Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)