More than one hubpages account

Jump to Last Post 1-8 of 8 discussions (20 posts)
  1. spsingh profile image56
    spsinghposted 13 years ago

can i sign up for more than one hubpages account if yes can i connect both accounts to google adsence (traffic from both accounts will be counted in google adsence ?)

1. recommend1 profile image60
      recommend1posted 13 years agoin reply to this

Yes and yes.
      Welcome to Hubpages smile

2. sofs profile image76
      sofsposted 13 years agoin reply to this

This question has been asked many times over ..it would help to read these forum threads
      http://hubpages.com/forum/topic/33934
      http://hubpages.com/forum/topic/11

1. spsingh profile image56
        spsinghposted 13 years agoin reply to this

Thanks sofs i was unaware

1. recommend1 profile image60
          recommend1posted 13 years agoin reply to this

It is a good idea to start at the Hubacademy and FAQ's - I am sure you will be able to find them from the home page somewhere.  Most questions are answered there - these forums are a good place to sort out things that reamin a mystery or when you get confused smile

3. TinaAtHome profile image67
      TinaAtHomeposted 13 years agoin reply to this

I have 3 hubpages accounts. Two of them are very specialized and have 15 and 30 hubs respectively. The other one (this one) has over 100 hubs and I write about a wider variety of topics. They are all linked to the same Google Adsense account.

The only rule is that if you have multiple hubpages accounts, you should only use one in the forums, and especially you can't enter the same discussion with two IDs. Once I did this by accident, and just confessed that both IDs were indeed me.

2. simeonvisser profile image68
    simeonvisserposted 13 years ago

Yes, you can. There are several Hubbers here who have done the same.

3. Sinea Pies profile image62
    Sinea Piesposted 13 years ago

That's a lot of writing but it would promote more traffic.  Creative thinking!

1. May PL profile image65
      May PLposted 13 years agoin reply to this

Yes I am thinking that one would have to spend quite a bit of time writing and promoting the hubs.

4. Tomygun profile image69
    Tomygunposted 13 years ago

Some are using the second account for quality backlinks to thei primary accounts and then they usually don't turn on their adsense ads. If they would have adsense on their both accounts, Google would still know that it's the same person and devalue the links between the hubs of the two accounts. If they don't put their adsense code, Google won't know whose account it is and the link will not devalued.

1. Aficionada profile image78
      Aficionadaposted 13 years agoin reply to this

Is that true?  I admit that I am not very knowledgeable about such things, but I thought I had read in these forums that Google can tell by the IP address who is doing the linking and other such things.  Did I misunderstand? or maybe get two different things confused?

2. dablufox profile image58
      dablufoxposted 12 years agoin reply to this

Thanks tomygun, I thought that this may be the case, now I know.

5. WryLilt profile image88
    WryLiltposted 13 years ago

I have five accounts (I think?). However I don't link between them.

Here's what the team has to say on the issue:

http://hubpages.com/faq/#multipleaccounts

Do you find you are writing constantly for these five accounts. And thanks for the link, will check it out.

1. WryLilt profile image88
        WryLiltposted 13 years agoin reply to this

No. Some accounts have 60 hubs, others only have ten. Each account is based around a theme - one for sales hubs, one for general guides, one for questions and so on.

Mmm, sounds like a good idea.

6. Tomygun profile image69
    Tomygunposted 13 years ago

Well, you can have more than one account and that's ok. It's just some are using this technique to get additional links linking to their primary adsense enabled hubs. Concerning the IP address it can easily be changed. However, if they don't produce crap on their second account for just getting the link - I don't see anything bad here.

1. WryLilt profile image88
      WryLiltposted 13 years agoin reply to this

I know of very few money making hubbers who use a second account for backlinks to their first account. There are no major differences between those links and normal internal links. They'd be a lot better off getting backlinks from external sites!

7. Andrew Gubb profile image58
    Andrew Gubbposted 13 years ago

I was thinking later investing in a webwriter to write hubs for me - if i could see it would be worth the money. So I'd use another hubpages account so people wouldn't confuse who was writing who. It's good to see that this is okay to do.

8. jtyler profile image60
    jtylerposted 12 years ago

Wouldn't it be smarter to use one hub.  The seperate hubs will get less attention totally than the one would by itself, if I'm correct, right?  The whole is greater than the sum of the parts.

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
Necessary
HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
Features
Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
Marketing
Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
Statistics
Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)