Is Jesus actually the same being as God?

Jump to Last Post 101-103 of 103 discussions (786 posts)
  1. profile image0
    Deborah Sextonposted 12 years ago

True and sincere learning of authentic Kabbalah and Chassidut leads a person to two simple goals:

First, to understand that God is all and all is God. He is everywhere--in every facet of our lives. Our goal is to discover God and to connect to Him in all that we do.

The second goal is to take what we have learned and to spread it, teach it and awaken others. Every one of us has a God-given mission--to spread God's good light to even the darkest corners of the world. No matter what one's age, gender or background, every person was brought into this world so that he, in his own unique way, will change the world for the better. Every individual's goal should be to do his part to turn this world into a dwelling place for God--a world full of loving-kindness, health, happiness and true peace.

However, when learning this or any other text in English, it should be remembered that the English translation of Hebrew terms can never be exact. The subtle meanings and inferences conveyed by these terms can only be grasped in the original Hebrew--the language of creation. Therefore, any serious student must realize that to go beyond a beginner's level, the mastery of the Hebrew language is essential

2. profile image60
    chevyssbowtieposted 12 years ago

Wrong, they are absolutely one and the same. God became a man and dwelt among us.

1. vector7 profile image60
      vector7posted 12 years agoin reply to this

Genesis Chapter 18

Remember LORD in caps is JEHOVAH and/or YAHWEH

To be honest, I believe in the trinity, not that the trinity explains God fully though.

I also believe there are a LOT of people here that believe whole heartedly they understand God enough to know they are right...

BUT, I don't believe there is a [respectfully] human being on this earth that knows or understands God as much as they might say.

I certainly don't believe anyone claiming anything about the nature of God being fact, and think that is pushing pretty high minded.

God is a very, VERY unimaginable being, and I don't think we will ever understand Him living on earth. Maybe in Heaven we'll get more clues, but the 'fact' is that no 'man' knows for 'fact'.

The us in Genesis, the praying to the Father, the three men [people, etc] in Genesis 18, the Baptism in the Father, Son, Holy Ghost.

The Father is greater than I Jesus states[distinction], loves the Father[Jesus isn't schitzo or self absorbed], and does the Father's will[one person] and seeks a method for freedom from future pain[his own will includes 'personal' partiality, needing help from the Father, person 2].

God saying "US" in Genesis is a pretty big hitter as that does indicate plurality of persons and God doesn't make mistakes[especially speaking of Himself], and John 1:1 states the Word[which is Jesus] was 'with' God.. not the Word 'is' God, although Jesus commending Thomas' statement verifies Christ is God in flesh[God with us, Emmanuel].

And lastly, Jesus states He will 'send' a comforter, and you don't 'send' yourself, you send or let another 'person' know you are back, you can now
      go.

I could go on, but I don't think more elements are needed to see my reasoning. If anyone sees it differently, I humbly don't see or understand how. And they certainly aren't going to be persuaded by more points of logic so I'll park on that thought.

1. profile image0
        ctbrown7posted 12 years agoin reply to this

And yet Jesus says, "And this is life eternal, that they might know thee, the only true God, and Jesus Christ whom thou has sent. -- John 17:3.  This verse says it all.  Number one, Jesus is praying here to his Father, a separate being.  Number two, Jesus says that we not only can know God and Jesus, we must in order to have eternal life.  Number three, it is the knowing of God that brings us in harmony with Him and His Son, Jesus Christ.

Not seeing your stance here, and taking one verse doesn't 'say it all' at all, otherwise it would be the only record of Jesus' words on the subject.

I and the Father are one, is contextual to your posted verse just for starters, let alone the entirety of the four Gospels and the Genesis account, then the addition of the Old Testament, and New Testament completely - if you get the drift.

And again, you seem to think you have God figured out, while I humbly disagree with anyone who claims, portrays, or thinks such. [Especially not stuffing God into a single verse or sentence]

I'm not going to get nit-picky here, you excluded explanations on a mass of elements on the subject I noted anyhow, and I also stated it was my reasoning on the matter, not a fact as I see many here claiming they know.

1. profile image0
            ctbrown7posted 12 years agoin reply to this

You don't seem to understand the fact that the idea of the Trinity came about as the result of a compromise on the nature of God.  It stems from the Nicene Council and other Councils around 300 AD.  The pre-Nicene version of Christ is much different than what you have today, and the Bible fully supports Christ the Son and Christ the Father as two separate individuals.  You mention contextual information, but completely dismiss Christ mentioning that all of us could be 'one' with the Father and the Son if we following their counsel (in John chapt 17).  It's absurd to think that Christ is praying to another section or piece of himself.  What about the baptism of Christ, where the voice of the Father is heard--apparently you believe the different sections of God have different voices as well.  When Christ appears to Mary after His resurrection, he tells her to not touch him because he hasn't ascended to the Father, yet he says to go tell the others that he ascends to His Father and Her Father to His God and Her God.  Why would Jesus say that the Father was His God, if he was just referencing Himself?

I'm going to nip this in the bud friend.[ trinity ]

I read the Scripture, and am learning Hebrew and Aramaic right now.

I believe the words I read, and no one made up the trinity. The term is to describe what the words already state to the reader, namely me...

The commitee did NOT write my Bible. I'm sure God can handle the first translation of His Word being accurately handled after all the other miraculous things my God does. My KJV IS the English standard after all, and new versions are based on Hort and Westcott's pagan beliefs and thousands of changes, nearly 15 per page to be specific.

If there is an error in the English translation, I'll let you know pretty soon here as I'll be reading closest to the original as it gets.

I also dismissed nothing and that sentence regarding my post is a pretense.

I SPECIFICALLY stated you must include the entirety of the Bible. If you didn't understand what I meant, then that should clear it up.

Answer:

Because He is a human person as the Messiah, filled by the Spirit of God.

Philippians 2:7 says He 'became' obedient unto death for us..

Read also verse 6.. 'equal' - and - Jesus 'took upon him the form of a servant.'

Hebrews 1:8 states Christ is called God by God.

[ "He" that 'saith' in the verse is God speaking, read context ]

8 But unto the Son he saith, Thy throne, O God, is forever and ever: a sceptre of righteousness is the sceptre of thy kingdom.

If then God calls Him God, how then can He be anything but?

Does God make mistakes?

3. Druid Dude profile image61
    Druid Dudeposted 12 years ago

Is Jesus the same being as god. Only if a slice of pepperoni constitutes a pizza!smile

1. Druid Dude profile image61
      Druid Dudeposted 12 years agoin reply to this

Jesus was one of us. God never leaves. God never dies. God always walks among us. God is us. He is the Spirit which Dwells In All Things.

1. Insane Mundane profile image58
        Insane Mundaneposted 12 years agoin reply to this

I used to call that the "theory of unity," but rarely will anybody understand.  So, I say "to hell with it," as we each walk our own path...

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
Necessary
HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
Features
Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
Marketing
Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
Statistics
Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)