Problems with one of my hubs

Jump to Last Post 1-16 of 16 discussions (18 posts)
  1. Jerilee Wei profile image68
    Jerilee Weiposted 15 years ago

First problem seems to be that I have no adsense ads on this hub in a couple of days

Second problem that is bugging me is that I got what seemed to be some spam comment that I denied that went along the lines of "thanks for the ads" from a hubber I didn't recognize (unfortunately I hit delete without writing the name down)

Did I write anything wrong on this hub?  Aside from denying a possible spam comment, should I have reported this comment? 

I'm an old lady, I don't know these things.  This is the only hub I'm having a problem with.

http://hubpages.com/hub/Survivor-Marathon

Thanks!

1. sukkran profile image61
      sukkranposted 15 years agoin reply to this

just now visited your said hub. really it is a master piece. i have not found any wrong in your hub.
      sukkran

2. Lissie profile image74
    Lissieposted 15 years ago

Its a great hub and a fantastic story.  I cant see any reason why ads wouldnt display - are you sure you have ads selected on the edit tab? Have you clicked the box next to "may be considered commercial" ? That's the only thing I can think off - there is certainly nothing wrong with the hub! If you still can't find the problem email team @ hubpages dot com - they will check it out for you!

And I think the comment is just a coincidence

3. Jerilee Wei profile image68

I've got the right tabs clicked.  I'm hoping it's a coincidence, but I thought the comment very odd.  The hubs I've posted since then (usually I write one a day) all have ads.  So I'm a little paranoid.  I don't necessarily write for the money but I do OK on adsense. 

I can't see where I did anything wrong.  I was careful to eliminate any reference to gambling or bets that were made on the marathon dances.

4. Jerilee Wei profile image68

Clearly I have a problem with this hub and maybe others now.

Not only no adsense ads, now no videos, and when I have tried twice to respond to a comment both of my comments have never appeared.  Can anyone point me in the right direction?

1. Maddie Ruud profile image72
      Maddie Ruudposted 15 years agoin reply to this

Jerilee:

Try closing your browser, opening a new one, and holding shift while hitting refresh to clear your browser of any old Java it might have cached.  See if that doesn't fix the comment/vid problem.

Regarding ads, I do see AdSense on all your other hubs, but you're right that Google is not serving ads at the moment on your Survivor Marathon hub.  We don't have a way of telling for sure why that might be, but certainly if Google thought that you were promoting clicking on ads (as per the comment you denied), that would be a violation of their terms.  The other possibility is that Google is misunderstanding some of the words in your content and tags to imply that there is adult content on the page.

You can try contacting Google to inquire about why no ads are being displayed through this form.  Hope that helps.

5. Marian Swift profile image60
    Marian Swiftposted 15 years ago

Your Survivor Hub looks fine from here (except for no ads).  The video's coming up for me too.

Your second set of problems might have to do with your browser.  Hub Pages staff has been trying to tweak the site so it works for all browsers and, well, when things get tweaked, stuff happens sometimes.

Do you use more than one browser?  Internet Explorer seems to be the biggest culprit.  Firefox tends to work better.

Lissie's advice is good -- e-mail team@hubpages.com .  They're very responsive.

6. Marian Swift profile image60
    Marian Swiftposted 15 years ago

Maddie beat me to it.

You team folk really are responsive!

7. Jerilee Wei profile image68

Yes, I agree the hubpages staff really rock in terms of all that they do.  Closing it out did solve the problems of no videos and not being able to respond to comments.  I'll look into the no adsense further. 

The reason I denied the comment was that it went along the lines of: smile Great hub!  Thanks for the ads! smile   Thinking I'd linked another hubber in the hub I checked only to not see a link to their hub from me.  Then I took a closer look at the hubber's page and they appeared to have hundreds of hubs, low low score, and no fans to speak of.  Additionally, the comment approval box wasn't the normal, my choices were to approve or deny as spam.  I denied because I wasn't clear about the intentions of the comment or the hubber.  Normally, even a negative comment isn't something I would deny. 

One of the many things I love about hubpages is how supportive and helpful most everyone is.  Thanks!

8. Zsuzsy Bee profile image85
    Zsuzsy Beeposted 15 years ago

Jerilee! I had one of those comments too on my hubversary hub and like you I just deleted the comment that said "Thanks for the ads" which really didn't make much sense to me at all.
    The 'Survivor...' hub is a great read. I hope you get this sorted out soon.
    regards Zsuzsy

9. Jerilee Wei profile image68

Thanks Zsuzsy Bee!  Still haven't figured this out, but then generally I have a slow learning curve, and am old enough to accept that, since I also know I'm smart.  Maybe it's the breast cancer meds that's making my mind fuzzy on sorting what's happening.  So, at the risk of sounding stupid, that hub, and now another -- seem to be alternating between zero ads and sponsored links?  Any ideas about why that is happening?

10. Jerilee Wei profile image68

Several days later, I now have adsense on this hub after no ads, so I'm still in the dark but accept that sometimes this is the way it is.

11. Jerilee Wei profile image68

Well, now they are gone again.  I give up ans surrender on this hub with respect to ads and accept that I'll just settle for knowing that I wrote the best hub I could and move on.

12. Lissie profile image74
    Lissieposted 15 years ago

Im seeing local dance studio google ads on it the moment here in Australia - and they weren't showing yesterday - so maybe its sorted itself?

13. Jerilee Wei profile image68

No clue here, it's just this one hub.  The ones I've published before and after all seem to be fine.  Could it be my browser?  Then, I would think it would happen on my other hubs?

14. Jerilee Wei profile image68

Thanks for looking at it.  I finally just gave up and decided not to worry about it.  The majority of the time I see no ads from my computer.  Then, it'll be fine, a few minutes later all ads gone.  I'll just take satisfaction in knowing I did my best on the hub.

15. Wilma Proops profile image59
    Wilma Proopsposted 15 years ago

Just looked at the article - no ads showing here (I'm in the UK currently).  I had the same problem with my blog once - the ONLY Comedy Problem Page in the World.  It was like it for a few months - public service ads if anything at all - but I never got around to enquiring what was what.  It righted itself before I had time to. 

I think my blog confused google but I'm not sure - maybe the content was just TOO ORIGINAL (tee hee). At the time I wondered if it was because I'd linked the blog to a website that has an affiliate scheme with Ann Summers and an advert which clicked through from a picture of a rampant rabbit - I still am so I've now discounted this theory. 

I hope you resolve your problem soon and I hope it doesn't put you off writing any future articles

16. Jerilee Wei profile image68

Thanks!  No chance that I'll stop writing hubs, I confess I'm addicted.

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
Necessary
HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
Features
Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
Marketing
Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
Statistics
Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)