Weekly Topic Inspiration: Travel Guides to Your Dream Vacations

Jump to Last Post 1-29 of 29 discussions (59 posts)
  1. Simone Smith profile image87
    Simone Smithposted 12 years ago

Some of the best Hubs summarize research that we’ve done on subjects we’re really passionate about in a way that is interesting and useful to strangers. Many of my favorites come in the form of amazing recipes, such as livelonger’s latest masterpiece, but I also really love travel guides! Most vacations take a decent amount of research, so why not share it in Hub form?

What I propose we do for Weekly Topic Inspiration this week is create travel guides to our dream vacations or fun (perhaps romantic, in the name of V-day?) getaway ideas.

Here are some ideas for titles:
    A Guide to the Perfect Weekend in ________
    Three Dreamy Southwest Vacations
    Spa Weekend
    A Perfect (but Cheap!) Vacation in ________
    Five Romantic Weekend Breaks to Consider in _______
    Three Ideas for Fantastic Romantic Weekend Getaways
    Brilliant Family Vacation Ideas for the Modern [Your Area Here] Family
    Fun and Cheap Weekend Getaways in _______
    Fabulous Weekend Getaways from NYC
    A Guide to Renting Villas in Tuscany
    Summer Vacation Ideas for ________
    The Perfect Last Minute Vacation in ______
    Last Minute Vacation Ideas

If you'd like to join in on this week's topic by writing a Hub, follow these steps:

1)    Click here to visit this week's topic.
    2)    Click the green button "answer this question".
    3)    Click the gray button below the box (leave that empty) that says "make a Hub about it."
    4)    Give your Hub a very specific title, like Easy Summer Gardening Projects for Kids or Challenging Summer Activities for Teens
    5)    Create good quality original content that hasn't been covered before.
    6)    After you publish your Weekly Topic Inspiration Hub, come back to this forum thread and post a link to your Hub with a brief description of what you wrote about and why.

For more information on the Weekly Topic Inspiration program, check out the Learning Center guide.

This should be a fun one!

1. Melovy profile image92
      Melovyposted 12 years agoin reply to this

Ah, this one will be much easier for me! In fact I had planned to do a couple of travel hubs very soon - so looks like very soon will be even sooner than I planned!

2. sholland10 profile image83
      sholland10posted 12 years agoin reply to this

I think I can do this!!  :-)

3. Cardisa profile image87
      Cardisaposted 12 years agoin reply to this

@ Simone, how did you know to do a travel WTI?

I just asked a question about travelling to SPAIN....my dream (literally) vacation destination. Spain wouldn't have been my first choice but ever since I dreamt it, I can't get it out of my head...lol

Simone Smithposted 12 years agoin reply to this

Oh, fantastic!  I smell a fabulous Hub.... big_smile

2. Shanna11 profile image76
    Shanna11posted 12 years ago

Haha I just published a Hub on my favorite family vacation in the Tetons... hmmm... I think I will take this challenge and write another travel Hub!

Hahaa, YOU CAN SEE THE FUTURE!
      I want to share a link to that Hub here, because it's fab!

http://shanna11.hubpages.com/hub/The-Be … The-Tetons

Lots of original photos (courtesy of you and your mom) and a lovely overview of the destination!

1. cardelean profile image87
        cardeleanposted 12 years agoin reply to this

Agree!  This was fantastic.

1. Shanna11 profile image76
          Shanna11posted 12 years agoin reply to this

Ahaha, thank you Simone! And thank you again cardelean. smile I got some gorgeous pictures of Europe that my mom took when she and my dad went last Spring. Look for those Hubs soon!

Oooh, sounds FANTASTIC!

3. cardelean profile image87
    cardeleanposted 12 years ago

I can definitely get on board with this one!

4. kannanwrites profile image93
    kannanwritesposted 12 years ago

This would be fun to write.

5. AEvans profile image72
    AEvansposted 12 years ago

I am in on this one too. Focusing on writing. This should be fun!

6. cashmere profile image78
    cashmereposted 12 years ago

I just published a couple but they were done before the question was asked!
    Still will work on one more

7. profile image0
    gogogoposted 12 years ago

Going to give this a try, let's see what i come up with

8. dipless profile image68
    diplessposted 12 years ago

oooh a new WTI here we come big_smile

9. Loi-Renee profile image72
    Loi-Reneeposted 12 years ago

Ooh-La-La
    Where in Jamaica should I go today? smile
    Definitely penning one for this..

10. VendettaVixen profile image69
    VendettaVixenposted 12 years ago

Hmm, not sure how I'll do at this one, but I'll give it a go, I think. I'm planning on covering interesting things to do in Ireland, even though I live on the Emrald Isle. My family and I usually tour the country rather than going abroad.

I appologise in advance for a lack of my own photographs. I'll try to make up for it in the written content.

Thanks for the idea.

Those guides would be much appreciated by Yours, Truly! I've always been fascinated by Ireland and dream of visiting someday.
      And no worries about a dearth of original photos- just stop by our useful using Creative Commons and public domain images and no doubt the Hubs you write shall look just as polished and awesome!

1. VendettaVixen profile image69
        VendettaVixenposted 12 years agoin reply to this

Welp, I finally settled on semi-romantic things to do in Dublin City. Here's the link:

http://vendettavixen.hubpages.com/hub/R … in-Weekend

Enjoy, all.

You settled on pure brilliance. I love the weekend you've outlined, and the Hub is gorgeously laid out! Killer formatting and use of the Map Capsule. I'm kind of in love with this Hub.

Thanks a whole lot, Simone. :3

2. stephhicks68 profile image86
          stephhicks68posted 12 years agoin reply to this

Love this hub - so much information, its like a mini book!

Steph, you're really too kind. I'm so glad people are enjoying it. ^.^

11. stephhicks68 profile image86
    stephhicks68posted 12 years ago

I'd love to write a hub or two on this WTI.  I'm buried in other work right now, but I have some great ideas and lots of original photos to use!  Looking forward to at least reading others' hubs for a virtual vacation!

Yeah! Virtual vacations FTW!

12. melbel profile image93
    melbelposted 12 years ago

Wow, this is like my favorite topic in the whole wide world! I'll TRY to get something out over the weekend. I have a Tuscan Villa one out that could use some work, so if I don't get to an entire new hub, I'll just revamp that one... as a more personal quest.

Thanks for the WTI, even if I won't be able to participate this week... some of these topics are great for future hubs. smile

Revamping is often just as good (or better) than starting something anew, so that sounds like a fabulous plan! If you do fix up that Tuscon Villa Hub, share it here!

13. leenamartha profile image41
    leenamarthaposted 12 years ago

I'll try to get something out.

14. profile image0

just posted Romantic getaway in Tahiti, would love comments be sure to leave some

1. Denise Handlon profile image85
      Denise Handlonposted 12 years agoin reply to this

Add the link to your hub here, gogogo

15. profile image0

Here is the link http://gogogo.hubpages.com/hub/Romantic … -in-Tahiti
    thanks for reminding me

Oh, I should love to go to Tahiti someday... fun idea!

16. profile image0

Thanks Simone

17. profile image0
    Arlene V. Pomaposted 12 years ago

If you ever have a chance for a brief, romantic getaway, you just can't miss when it comes to staying at a bed and breakfast in a historic town.  The sign of a wonderful vacation is not wanting to go home!

http://arlenevpoma.hubpages.com/hub/A-l … california

Yay! Something local (for me, at least). This place sounds so cute!

18. cashmere profile image78
    cashmereposted 12 years ago

Wine tasting in India- love it!

19. profile image0
    Angie497posted 12 years ago

Fun indeed! An Alaska cruise would make for a fabulous vacation.

20. CassyLu1981 profile image76
    CassyLu1981posted 12 years ago

A true DREAM vacation was when we went to Plitvice Lakes in Croatia.  It was worth every second of the planning that went into this vacation.  16 lakes connected by waterfalls, crystal clear water, ferry boat rides, awesome food, and great places to stay.  How much more wonderful could it get?  Check out my hub at the link below!

http://cassylu1981.hubpages.com/hub/Pli … experiance

Hope you enjoy my DREAM vacation smile

No kidding about the dream part! The color of the water in some of your photos is totally surreal! What an amazing place.

21. Melovy profile image92
    Melovyposted 12 years ago

I have 2 hubs brewing on Chile, but for now here is my first vacation hub on my adopted city of Edinburgh, and the countryside within it. http://melovy.hubpages.com/hub/A-Guide- … -Edinburgh

SUCH a cool premise for a Hub. Edinburgh is my kind of city!

22. donnaisabella profile image72
    donnaisabellaposted 12 years ago

I have done a hub on a guide to the perfect weekend in Miami for a family. I did this because we have been planning to go on vacation to Miami for the last couple of years and finally this year, we decided we are going, but it will be over the Easter Weekend because the places we would like to live in are mostly booked. I hope you all enjoy reading this one!

http://donnaisabella.hubpages.com/hub/A … d-in-Miami

I enjoyed it indeed! AndI  hope your vacation is a fun one! From what you've shared in your Hub, I don't see how it CAN'T be smile

23. algarveview profile image75
    algarveviewposted 12 years ago

As always Paris is a wonderful choice, especially if one is thinking about romance... Here are some ideas for a great weekend...
    http://algarveview.hubpages.com/hub/Rom … d-in-Paris

I like those ideas! Now I feel nostalgic for paris. T____T

24. sholland10 profile image83
    sholland10posted 12 years ago

Better late than never.  My husband and I love Eureka Springs, Arkansas, all year round.  There are beautiful places to stay and great things to do.  I hope you enjoy it. smile 
    http://sholland10.hubpages.com/hub/Perf … ansas?done

Yeesh... now I need to go to Arkansas, too! Eureka Springs is so cool!

25. DzyMsLizzy profile image84
    DzyMsLizzyposted 12 years ago

I did not answer this from the question form, but it fits the topic.  We had the most fun camping and touring at Calaveras Big Trees State Park when my daughters were young:

http://dzymslizzy.hubpages.com/hub/Cala … California

I totally count this! Love the Hub. Calaveras Big Trees State Park really does sound like a fab place. Since it's kind of close, I really feel as though I ought to visit!

26. AEvans profile image72
    AEvansposted 12 years ago

Such lovely places!

27. hush4444 profile image60
    hush4444posted 12 years ago

Here's my offering about my town of Kona http://hush4444.hubpages.com/hub/An-Ins … a-Vacation

This is really fabulous! I love getting insider tips from locals big_smile

28. Mrs. Menagerie profile image88
    Mrs. Menagerieposted 12 years ago

Goodness gracious, Big Sky Resort looks like such a great place!

29. Simone Smith profile image87
    Simone Smithposted 12 years ago

Hey everyone! Props on the awesome vacation and travel Hubs. This week's new topic is now live! We're going to be sharing our frugal living tips. Stop by our forum thread and say hullo! I found a LOT of really search friendly titles that you might love to use.

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
Necessary
HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
Features
Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
Marketing
Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
Statistics
Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)