I'm Asking The Government to Bailout My Hubs

Jump to Last Post 1-39 of 39 discussions (73 posts)
  1. rockinjoe profile image88
    rockinjoeposted 15 years ago

I was hoping it wouldn't come to this, but I'm afraid I'll have to ask Congress to give me a bailout for my hubs. They need help. My numbers have been dropping faster than the stock market and  6 of my 20 hubs have received zero traffic today. With all the stress, I'm having a difficult time coming up with ideas, so the money will definitely help out while I relax at home and think of new stuff to write about.

I think $25 million should do it. I encourage you all to join me. If the banks and the automakers get a freebie, what about us poor hubbers?

2. gwendymom profile image66
    gwendymomposted 15 years ago

Rockinjoe, I want a bailout too. I haven't even made a dime. I think the government owes me big time!!!

3. rockinjoe profile image88

Ok Gwendymom, it's you and I so far. I think we have a good shot at $$$$. Now's the time to get in line, everyone.

4. Rochelle Frank profile image89
    Rochelle Frankposted 15 years ago

I'm in.
    As long as I'm paying out-- I might as well be in line.

But I'll make it easy on them and eliminate a lot of unnecessary paperwork, recordkeeping and mailing on both of our sides-- just cancel my taxes.
    Thank you.

5. rockinjoe profile image88

I think you're being too generous, Rochelle. If I were you, I'd ask for both no taxes and the $25 million. Glad you're onboard with us.

6. Em Writes profile image71
    Em Writesposted 15 years ago

Where do I sign up?

7. Rochelle Frank profile image89

Fly your private Jet to D.C and remember to bring your tin cup.

8. gwendymom profile image66

Roflmao, where can I get a tin cup to go with my jet?

9. rockinjoe profile image88

Well, we have to fly in on the corporate jet, as there is no way a hubber of my stature flys commercial. (I had a Hub score of 99 once)

Hub Pages must have a jet we can borrow

10. Em Writes profile image71

Shoot... my jet's in the shop, and my 8-year-old Civic just wouldn't project the correct image of need. Can we jetpool?

rockinjoeposted 15 years agoin reply to this

I suppose jet pooling is ok with me. Don't worry about the Civic because we can probably get you a new car from one of the automakers...as a bonus, or something.

1. Em Writes profile image71
        Em Writesposted 15 years agoin reply to this

Sweeeet... Suburbans for everyone!

11. profile image0
    SirDentposted 15 years ago

I believe Obama has a jet you can borrow. Of course if his is busy maybe you can use McCains.

I'd be better off with the Civic. big_smile

2. rockinjoe profile image88

McCain's I hear is definitely available. The only problem is, Sarah refuses to leave her seat

1. Rochelle Frank profile image89
        Rochelle Frankposted 15 years agoin reply to this

We can take Sarah-- she needs to pay for her clothes. It's cold in Alaska.

1. profile image0
          SirDentposted 15 years agoin reply to this

She needs to join HubPages first before she can go with us

Darn, I wish I had thought of that line....lol.

Rochelle, I'm glad you're here. Since you're the smart one, please take over as CEO and we'll get you a golden parachute.

I'll add Rochelle to my hub of CEO's who've gotten their golden parachutes tomorrow.

12. profile image0

I wonder if that will be enough Joe. I take it we are planning on taking a big vacation after receiving the money. . .  right?

1. Rochelle Frank profile image89

We are all flying to a luxury resort for a week or two to talk about the future of hubbing, so we can get things going here and please the shareholders.

Can we talk in the spa? After that much flying, I'm really going to need a massage.

13. KCC Big Country profile image84
    KCC Big Countryposted 15 years ago

Count me in too!  Why stop at $25 million?!

14. gwendymom profile image66

I think we need to think bigger, like billions, heck the banks and auto industries are getting billions, why can't we?

And Em, you can jetpool with me, hopefully we don't see any reindeer. LOL

Thanks, gwendy!

15. profile image0

I forgot about the jet Palin sold. Westwind II is probably our best bet.

16. gwendymom profile image66

Put me down for spa time, the suburban and some quality shopping time because after all the stress of trying to please the HP shareholders, I got to blow off some steam.

Spa time is a given. Even for the guys. Avocado Papaya facials are on me.

17. Rochelle Frank profile image89

Sorry- I will need my parachute before I get on the plane.

You might have to do that. I think Misha will be flying us.

2. Em Writes profile image71

And so you've been added to my hub... I put it in the comments section. I'm afraid to actually edit anything in my current condition.

http://hubpages.com/hub/Hey-Wheres-MY-Golden-Parachute

P.S. Was it legal for me to add the link in a forum? I wouldn't want to get exempted from my bailout. Especially since I might already lose my $13.20 in Adsense. Damn Shiraz.

I was in a pretty good mood until I read your hub.

Sorry about that... wine?

Too late. I have some right here. Thank you anyway. It seems to help.

18. gwendymom profile image66

And that is the very reason she should be CEO!

19. profile image0
    SarahPalinposted 15 years ago

I would love to go on this vacation with you all. I mean business trip.

Sarah to use one of your famous lines....."You Betcha!"

2. Em Writes profile image71

Sarah, do you think you could leave the kids at home on this one? I mean, I know you're a mom and all, but babies at the spa really aren't appropriate.

Don't worry about the kids. Todd's on the case.

That Todd. He sure was an awesome candidate for First Dude.

20. Mighty Mom profile image78
    Mighty Momposted 15 years ago

I think Sarah Palin is already a member of HubPages. I've seen hubs and comments that are disturbingly like the way she thinks and talks.

21. Rochelle Frank profile image89

I'll have some-- oh wait, have to make sure my parachute is properly folded, before the party.
    I replied you your post, Em, and joined Sarah's Fan club.

22. Mighty Mom profile image78

I fear Congress is catching on and getting stricter with their policies (kinda like the mortgage industry post sub-prim -- too little, too late). I mean, they just handed over billions in cash to AIG, no real strings attached. But Pelosi said today of the Big 3 "Unless they show us a plan, we won't show them the money." Given that tough guy attitude, maybe we should go in prepared with a plan... (?)

We've got the plan: Jetpooling, followed by free suburbans, a heartfelt plea for help, a check changes hands, we go to the spa. What more do we need? smile

Hmmm, we'll need someone smarter than me if you need a plan. Where's pauldeeds when you need him?

23. Mighty Mom profile image78

He sure was. Man, that Todd is *hawt.* (and quite virile, too). Gotta wonder which cabinet post John and Sarah planned to hand to Joe the Plumber.... Secretary of the Interior, perhaps?

24. Rochelle Frank profile image89

Mighty Mom---
    Chill out, I mean, I know it is hard, being Mighty and all...
    (Seriously I DiD love your F-word hub)
    But we are just funnin' a bit here. tongue

25. profile image0
    SarahPalinposted 15 years ago

You just leave everything to me. I got the money for the bridge to nowhere approved with ease. Then they told me I should abandon it for my career so I did.

I joined your fan club. I hope it was legal. I'm a registered Democrat.

2. Rochelle Frank profile image89

Put down the fish, Sarah, and no one will get hurt-- we are only carrying tin cups here.

26. Mighty Mom profile image78

Em, don't you think that plan is just a little self-serving? Oh, right. We've gotta force ourselves to think like big failing business here!

Darn tootin'! Does this mean you're on board?

27. Mighty Mom profile image78

Never fear -- Sarah's here!

28. Rochelle Frank profile image89

MM-- You'll have to pack your own parachute., but otherwise the refreshments are free Em has Shiraz, but there will also be Salmon and Moose -- or Salmon Mousse.

I'll also bring a box of Triscuits. I don't do moose, and the only mousse I want is chocolate.

1. profile image0
        SarahPalinposted 15 years agoin reply to this

Moose don't come in chocolate silly.

29. rockinjoe profile image88

I don't know about the rest of you. but when this thread began I had a Hubscore of 96. It;s now 94. I'm getting worried. We have to get to Washington before I drop any further.

1. profile image0

\

Mine is at 0 right now, but in 2012 I t will certainly be 100.

30. Rochelle Frank profile image89

No we are asking Washington to raise our hubscores, too--
    Thanks for the fun Rockinjoe-- and Em, I gotta go get some rest before my score goes down.

31. gwendymom profile image66

Rockinjoe, I had been gone for a week and my score was higher than when I left, go figure. Maybe I should just keep my mouth shut and I could reach a 100.

32. Em Writes profile image71

I think my score's actually gone up a point.

I need to head off to bed, also. TGIF!

Thanks for the fun!

33. Mighty Mom profile image78

Mmmmm. Triscuits and chocolate mousse and Shiraz. Sounds like a party! We may soon forget what we came to Washington for.

34. rockinjoe profile image88

Good night ladies.....you too, Sarah!

1. profile image0

Good night Joe. You know, Todd goes to bed early. He gets tired taking care of the children all day while I go out shopping, I mean campaigning.

35. gwendymom profile image66

Ok guys and gals, my turn to go to bed too. Have a good night all and sweet dreams.

36. B.T. Evilpants profile image60
    B.T. Evilpantsposted 15 years ago

My friends at GMAC, and AmEx have informed me that you need to declare your hubs to be banking hubs. Then you can get in on the bank bailout. I'll gladly take 1/2 of one percent of that 700 billion.

1. Marian Swift profile image61
      Marian Swiftposted 15 years agoin reply to this

Good.  Then my hub on flush toilets should qualify.

37. Pam Roberson profile image69
    Pam Robersonposted 15 years ago

Joe, you're brilliant. Sign me up to climb on board for the bailout. I might be new, but I deserve some bailing and shopping too.

BT...don't you have some ancestoral connections, like that Sir Medieval-pants (how do you spell that?) I heard you mention once, which should allow you to flash a coat of arms document or something in Washington to get the ball rolling?

Sarah, I left you a fan mail with a serious question, and I'm still waiting for the answer...Did you really make out with Joe the plumber in the housewares section of WalMart last week? That's what the Enquirer says, and we all know about the serious journalism flowing through those pages. Didn't you hear the campaign is over? You don't need to do that any longer. wink

Thanks, Pam. I can assure you, it's not genius on my part...I just want my fair share. If the banks and automakers can fail and get some money, so can my hubs.
      I'm glad you're aboard.

38. rockinjoe profile image88

Please everyone.....
    With the Hubpages bailout in the works, from this moment on, I would like to be called by new hubpages name, Joe The Hubber

1. profile image0

Obama will be adding more tax burdens to Joe the hubber. Don't say I didn't warn you. I tried really I did.

39. Benson Yeung profile image65
    Benson Yeungposted 15 years ago

Come on. Don't be silly. Only the rich and powerful expects a bail-out. The rest of you can go to bed early.

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
Necessary
HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
Features
Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
Marketing
Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
Statistics
Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)