jump to last post 1-15 of 15 discussions (17 posts)

What was the greatest pain you were ever in?

1. anatomynotes profile image91
    anatomynotesposted 3 years ago

When I broke my ankle.

1. Kevin Peter profile image74
      Kevin Peterposted 3 years ago in reply to this

The greatest pain was a tooth ache I had a few months ago. I felt like I would die soon.

2. SmartAndFun profile image92
    SmartAndFunposted 3 years ago

3. paradigmsearch profile image90
    paradigmsearchposted 3 years ago

Long live kidney stones. The little p**cks...

4. WriteAngled profile image92
    WriteAngledposted 3 years ago

Having to cough after a median sternotomy. Not only very painful, but scary! I was amazed how long it hurt just to be driven in a car as well (wasn't allowed to drive myself for 6 months).

Median sternotomy is when the breastbone is cut open. Often this is done for open heart surgery, but I had it so as to remove a retrosternal goitre (when some thyroid tissues decides to wander down into the chest and grows there, for decades in my case to reach the size of a melon - yuk!).

1. R Creighton G profile image61
      R Creighton Gposted 3 years ago in reply to this

Holy crap!

5. Keith Ham profile image60
    Keith Hamposted 3 years ago

Embarrassingly being impacted for several weeks and discovering that there was what was practically a bowling ball trying to vacate my bowels. NOT good times.

6. osaeoppongde profile image88
    osaeoppongdeposted 3 years ago

I was in an ATV accident, and my pancreas split open. I had a few internal organs removed because of it, an my diaphragm was torn, so they repressed my ability to throw up in the hospital, and I was so nauseous from the pain! THAT was the worst!

7. R Creighton G profile image61
    R Creighton Gposted 3 years ago

I was going to post mine about teeth or back injuries, but after reading the prior entries...I got nothin'.

8. Louise Lately profile image89
    Louise Latelyposted 3 years ago

When I had appendicitis..excruciating pain that wouldn't go away until I had surgery - and then there was the pain after surgery but it was more bearable!

9. jenb0128 profile image95
    jenb0128posted 3 years ago

When I had an abscessed molar. I'm not sure which hurt worse - the abscess itself, or when the Novocaine wore off while the dentist was still in the middle of doing my root canal.

10. Horatio Plot profile image85
    Horatio Plotposted 3 years ago

Twisted testicle. Don't ask.

11. innerspin profile image88
    innerspinposted 3 years ago

Is this the next topic for inspiration? I'm sitting here with my jaw dropping! Respect, people. I can only offer childbirth, and falling off a horse, resulting in a cracked pelvis.

12. Dame Scribe profile image59
    Dame Scribeposted 3 years ago

Surgery has got to be the worst sad my Dr even informs other Dr's if surgery is required that I don't like pain lol and they go all out to help keep my heart rate down since it can go out of sync smile cool. Anyways, worst pain was my ceasarean and post-op difficulties, could barely walk for the 1st 2 wks.

13. Lauren Amy Smith profile image61
    Lauren Amy Smithposted 3 years ago

I can't say I've ever been in great pain, got that all to look forward to with child birth I guess!

14. Jennifer Bart profile image61
    Jennifer Bartposted 3 years ago

I have suffered from chronic migraines  since I was a child and that is horribly painful I also broke my ankle when I was young but the migraines are much worse than the broken ankle

15. Lor's Stories profile image61
    Lor's Storiesposted 3 years ago

Yikes last year when they took bone from my hip to use it in a spine fusion.
    But a broken rib is right up there.
    Any bone injury really is awful.
    That and endometriosis.
    But the bone graft makes you fall to your knees.
    As does any spine surgery.
    And an unstable vertebrae that moves.
    Thank God it was fixed.