Need sleep but can't get it at night most nights

Jump to Last Post 1-47 of 47 discussions (106 posts)
  1. profile image0
    Crazdwriterposted 14 years ago

I don't want to take pills, have done that and they don't really work all that great.  My problem is that a lot of times my mind just won't shut up and thoughts keep racing through not allowing me to relax and fall asleep.

Does anyone have any tips for me? and I can't stand warm milk so that one is out too.

1. sarovai profile image73
      sarovaiposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Better start relaxing part by part of your body, by mesmerising that you are relaxing the part. See the effect and write in the forum.When you do this concentrate on the part of body you are relaxing.

2. Angela_1973 profile image61
      Angela_1973posted 14 years agoin reply to this

Get Dr. Schulze's nerve formula, it works for me, last night I got up at 1:20 am to take it. www.herbdoc.com (make sure you open Dr. Shchulze's official website)

3. profile image0
      annvansposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Sometimes if you buy a couple of different kinds of raw unfiltered honey it may help.  It don't always help me, but sometimes it gives me a good sleep.

1. profile image0
        Crazdwriterposted 14 years agoin reply to this

that is really intersting annvans. I've never heard this one. I'll have to try it sometimes. thanks

4. livewithrichard profile image71
      livewithrichardposted 14 years agoin reply to this

When you mind is racing and keeping you from sleep, try gabbing a pen and paper and start writing.  It's obvious that this is the time you're at your creative best, when there are no other things going on around you to disturb your thought. 

Don't get on the internet during this time, there are too many distractions.  You want to be a published writer then this is the time to create. smile

1. profile image0

That is very true richard but I still need sleep. sad smile lol I can't write the entire night. I'm crap the next day when I don't get sleep. lol and cranky too haha

5. manlypoetryman profile image81
      manlypoetrymanposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Normally...I wouldn't suggest such a thing...but if no one else's suggestions work...you may want to try this one:

http://blog.kir.com/archives/images/Belushi_in_Animal_House.jpg

Drink heavily!

6. tksensei profile image59
      tksenseiposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Warm sake.

1. profile image0

Sadly I don't like the taste of sake or I would definitely try that one

1. tksensei profile image59

Keep trying, there are many different kinds.

7. Jewelimperfection profile image60
      Jewelimperfectionposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Read Until You Pass Out, Thats What I usually Do, Anything That Doesn't Include Harsh Light, Like TV Or The Net. Those Keep You Up Extra.

8. profile image0
      Ghost32posted 14 years agoin reply to this

Strangely enough (or maybe not strangely at all), I've developed a "trigger" that knocks me right out every time, and that is "body position".  There are times (like recent months when financial survival was in question) when shutting the mind off is not that easy for me either.  Right side, left side, on my back, mind keeps cranking.  But belly down, and I'm out like a light. 

'Course, there could be a simple explanation, like maybe I'm just ramming my nose so far into the mattress that there's no more oxygen to the brain and I'm knocking myself out.  Though temporarily so far, not like David Carradine....

1. profile image0

lol I hope you aren't knocking yourself out Ghost that wouldn't be good. and I've tried to sleep on my stomach but I just can't do it...I got these things on my chest that constantly get in the way and hurts lmao

1. profile image0
          Ghost32posted 14 years agoin reply to this

Never thought of that!

9. awsydney profile image60
      awsydneyposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Crazdwriter,

Trust me on this one please!

1. Put on a candle and lay on your bed
      2. Sip on a Double Johnny Walker Black scotch on the rocks
      3. Listen to this piece of music that will melt your heart

(Chopin's nocturne in D flat major (linked enclosed ~ played by Lang Lang on his Carnegie Hall debut)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=e0d1l91tGbI

Enjoy and sweet dreams! smile

10. profile image0
      Pacal Votanposted 14 years agoin reply to this

I'd rather not advice you to cry, but it would most certainly help. wink

What helps me is a good glass of inexpensive Argentinian Médoc. smile

11. alekhouse profile image72
      alekhouseposted 14 years agoin reply to this

The milk doesn't have to be warm. It's the Tryptophan in the milk that makes it work. Try peanut butter too(also has tryptophan)........a glass of milk and 1/2 piece of toast spread with peanut butter before bed usually does the trick, along with a little reading before lights out, a heating pad on cold feet and a very dark room to promote the production of serotonin (a neuro-transmitter that regulates sleep), necessary to fall asleep and stay asleep.

Tryptophan is converted to serotonin, thats why milk, hot or cold, works.

1. profile image0

that sounds yummy. I will have to try that one thanks smile

12. Ruchira profile image73
      Ruchiraposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Try some breathing exercises. That will help you sleep well by calming your nerves/mind/body. good luck!

1. profile image0

I'll try it out thanks!

13. marshall92 profile image67
      marshall92posted 14 years agoin reply to this

Do you exercise a lot? The more physical activity you do during the day, the easier it is to sleep.

1. profile image0

sadly marshall I do not hubby and I are looking into going to a gym but it keeps getting pushed down on our list. I know I know bad us

1. marshall92 profile image67

Well, it's not bad. I just think it would help you sleep better even in you just go on a 30 minute jog or something of the sort.

14. rmcrayne profile image90
      rmcrayneposted 14 years agoin reply to this

I can totally relate.  I took Tylenol PM to get to sleep at night for 10 years.  NOT a good idea.  The Tylenol is not good for your liver, and the sleep aid impacts memory and interferes with dream sleep. 

I've had good results with melatonin in the past. Recently had Skullcap recommended by my massage therapist. 

I'm in San Antonio TX and we have Sun Harvest "Health Food Store".  Their employees are very knowledgable and helpful.  I would go someplace like there, Vitamin Shoppe etc and ask for a non-drug sleep aid.

15. kamagrabuy profile image59
      kamagrabuyposted 14 years agoin reply to this

This happens due to excessive work load whih result into tension.
      I feel taking pills is not good idea.
      You need to spend time with your family and friend.
      Try to manage your work load.
      Meditation can be helpful.

2. profile image0

thanks Sarvai I'll have to try that tonight if once again my brain doesn't shut up.

1. sarovai profile image73
      sarovaiposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Don't try to shut up your mind. Leave it on its own. Don't worry much about brain thinking. By neglecting the mind thoughts and concentrating on relaxing will get you deep sleep, hopefully.

3. profile image0

I hope so too. I'll let you know by tomorrow if it helped me at all by doing this. thanks again! smile

4. kmackey32 profile image65
    kmackey32posted 14 years ago

I have this problem too.

5. Davinagirl3 profile image61
    Davinagirl3posted 14 years ago

You may have anxiety issues that you do not resolve during the day.  This is why I had trouble getting to sleep at night.  I would bottle up all my issues from the day and I would run them through my mind at night.  Maybe you should try venting more.  I have adult ADD, so I take meds during the day, and I have no trouble sleeping at night.  But, if you don't want to take meds, try working through your issues with people who will listen.  It is just a thought.

1. profile image0

that's the strange thing...I am not thinking about things that have happened during the day. Yes sometimes but no it's usually my mind rambling about a story I'm writing. It's really weird lol

6. profile image0
    pgrundyposted 14 years ago

I take two of the Tylenol PMs every night about two hours before bed, and I'm out like a light. I know it's a bad habit but now I'm kind of hooked on the supposedly non-addictive boogers.

1. Davinagirl3 profile image61
      Davinagirl3posted 14 years agoin reply to this

Too many NSAIDs are bad for your stomach.  You should take a nighttime sleep aid without the tylenol, it works the same, but without the pain med.

2. profile image0

lol I love when ppl say meds isn't non-addicitive. Sorry you got addicted, pgrundy

7. profile image0

Thanks everyone for the advice. I totally appreciate it. I hope that I find SOMETHING soon that'll help.

And you too kmackey32!

8. Dave Manors profile image59
    Dave Manorsposted 14 years ago

If most of your thoughts are to do with a story you're writing try getting into bed, closing your eyes and imagining a scene. Just one scene. Pick it and stick with it. Don't let yourself reach for your pad and pen either because you'll ruin it. Pick a scene that you already know fairly well (i.e. not one that you're likely to edit in your head as you go). What you should find is that if you are actually tired your imagined scene should start to develop all on its own without any conscious effort. That's where imagining a scene ends and dreaming begins. I find it works wonders for me.

If none of the above advice (from myself and the others) helps you it would be a good idea to speak to your doctor.

1. profile image0

Sadly Dave I do try that where I stick with one scene and go with it but then my body doesn't relax and I still can't sleep. It's really weird.

And yea I think it's time to talk to a doctor. It's getting out of hand.  I know when I don't sleep at times it's because my husband is gone but when he is here...other ideas and thoughts race through my mind.

9. Jane@CM profile image60
    Jane@CMposted 14 years ago

I have anxiety & panic disorder & ADD.  I don't take meds for the ADD as the anxiety meds help it (weird but true).  I'd talk to your doctor about a medication called trazedone, its not like Lunesta or Ambien (neither worked for me). Trazedone is an old anti-depressant that really doesn't work for depression, but works great for sleep.

BUT, before you try these, check out this website http://www.healthjourneys.com/  I use Belleruth Naparstek's guided imagery & meditation cd's.  They are awesome.  A bit spendy, but well worth it.  I still need sleep medication, but her cds really help me with the run-on-thinking at night, before the medication kicks in.  They are also great during the daytime to quiet my mind when I'm overly anxious.  Helps you to breathe.

Benedryl is the ingredient in Tylenol PM that makes you sleep. You could try that too.

10. profile image0
    Nelle Hoxieposted 14 years ago

I have had a very similar insomnia issue that you described and I found Gurgevich's Hypnosis CD Deep Sleep Medical Hypnosis really really helpful. It helped me learn how to sleep again. Like you I didn't want to take sleeping pills or valerian or any of that stuff. Within two weeks of listening to the cd every night (it did help me fall asleep the very first night) I had relearned my sleep patterns.

It really taught me how to relax my mind and my body and to just let sleep happen. I can't recommend it enough.

If you wake up in the middle of the night, the great thing is you can listen to it again (Unlike sleeping pills) and it'll help you calm down at 3:30 to get more sleep.

Now if I think I can't settle down, I do a "booster" and listen to it again. Sometimes in the afternoon to sort of calm me down, so when night comes I'm not all jazzed up.

A pleasant "side effect" is that I think I'm calmer during the day.

Best wishes to you, not sleeping is the pits.

1. profile image0

Those CDs sound intersting, very intersting. I will definitely have to look those up and try that. thanks a lot Nelle, I appreciate all and any adive and help i can get.

Not sleeping is definitely the pits!

11. profile image0
    ryankettposted 14 years ago

The best thing you can do is decide when it is that you are going to bed. Lets say 11:45pm as an example.

Then turn your TV, your laptop and any other similar stimulating devices (e.g. PSP, DS or Mobile Phone) off at 10:45pm.

Spend one hour just sitting their reflecting on your day and thinking about tomorrow, whatever you do DONT switch any of those devices back on.

Your mind should now be suitably ready for sleep. Also, never use your laptop or watch tv in the bedroom. Make sure that you associate your bedroom with nothing but sleep.

Only drink water for 90 minutes before your pre arranged bed time.

You have to be strict with yourself, but its sound like me that you go to bed far to stimulated.

I do the same thing often, I know how to sort it out.... I just dont seem willing enough at the moment!

1. profile image0

thanks ryan I'll have to try that. and 11:45pm? lol is that the time you go to bed?

And yes I'll have to remember to switch my devices off that might help a bit, seeing those off might shut my brain down. hopefully. Sounds like we both need to find a way to shut our brains down and quick too. smile

1. profile image0
        ryankettposted 14 years agoin reply to this

11:45pm? lol... your kidding right?

Its 03:34am right now where I am!

1. profile image0

3:34am? DANG Ryan you are worse than I am. *hugs* I hope you find your way to sleep soon.  and the hug is strictly friendly smile

12. Colebabie profile image61
    Colebabieposted 14 years ago

I agree with what Ryan suggested. Make sure you turn off all electronics long before bed. Your last activity of the day shouldn't involve things that stimulate your brain. Avoid chocolate, caffeine, etc. even in the late afternoon. Try aromatherapy, either an aromatherapy pillow, or candle. Try taking a bath. And drink some hot tea smile

1. profile image0

Avoid chocolate? NOOO I can't I can't lol I will have to try the aromatherapy pillow. that sounds really nice. And I've tried the bath...sometimes it works and sometimes it doesn't. And hot tea sounds nice. I have PLENTY of that. smile

1. Colebabie profile image61
        Colebabieposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Yes avoid chocolate smile

I got my pillow at Bed Bath & Beyond, it is one that you can heat as well. But I've also seen others, and sprays for your pillow. Try the hot tea too, (no caffeine!).

1. profile image0

You aren't trying to get me to sleep, you're trying to kill me. lol just kidding. Thank you so much for the tip. I LOVE BB&B so I will definitely look for their pillow next time I go.

13. ajcor profile image61
    ajcorposted 14 years ago

what about going to bed with a good book - read 1 to 2 pages and you should be out like a light...works for me - that is until about 3am and then it is time to have another read...or not...cheers

1. profile image0

Thanks ajcor and lita...for some reason sometimes it does work and sometimes it doesn't which is really weird. and no TV in the room so I can't watch TV while in bed. That does help when I am down at my parents house because they have a TV in their guest room, but not here.  Might have to think of that one.

And yes I definitely want natrual sleeping aides, Lita, definitly not drugs. smile

and LMAO poetryman...just one drink and I would be drunk. Sadly I am a light weight lol

14. profile image0
    Leta Sposted 14 years ago

You should probably look at your overall habits.  Like, do you exercise during the day?  Even some walking, I think can help.  We were not meant to be sedentary, and exercise helps with much.  I can attest to that.

Also, I'm unusual.  Watching TV (which isn't the same for me as reading), actually relaxes me.  I often fall asleep watching it...maybe because I'm not that interested in the usual stuff that's on.  Others, however (most), say that reading a bit before bed as a ritual will induce sleep.

I'd try to avoid any drugs, etc., if I could and find a natural way.

15. Moonchild60 profile image77
    Moonchild60posted 14 years ago

Have you ever tried Valerian root or Melatonin?  5-HTP helps also, but those two are specifically for sleep and are Herbal, all natural.  I give Melatonin to my 10 year old because he is ADHD and he can't "Stop his brain from thinking" as he puts it.  A teacher at his school suggested it. It has worked pretty well for him.  Meditation helps but it takes a while to get to the point where you can "empty your mind"...some people take months, some never get there.  There are relaxation techniques as well.  Good luck!!

1. profile image0

Thanks Moonchild. I'll check out those herbal remedies definitely.

16. profile image0

There is? I've only tried one type then I guess it wasn't that good. My brother gave it to me to try...I mean it wasn't bad but it just wasn't my tastes.  I'll have to check out the other kinds, thanks tksensei. Any stores you have in mind where I can find good sake?

Where do you live?

2. tksensei profile image59

What was it about the kind you tried that you didn't like? What tastes do you like?

17. profile image0

oh wow I can't remember...but I am into minty tastes if they have one that is more minty.

Oh and I live in Anaheim, California

Hmmm...maybe start here

http://local.yahoo.com/info-28411434-su … 3wNlIaPGoL

and ask for info on where to pick up some Umeshu (Ooo meh shoe). That might be more to your liking. No need to warm it, but you could mix it with club soda or a carbonated juice for a more 'cocktail' type of experience, though I recommend just enjoying it chilled.

You could also ask for Shochu, though I guess you would probably want to mix it with OJ or something sweet to get the taste you like (from what you've told me).

18. profile image0

Will definitely check out that website. Thanks tskensei I appreciate it.

19. profile image0
    annvansposted 14 years ago

Do you take vitamins?  I have helped myself sleep by taking vitamins like Centrum on a regular basis.  I take them in the morning so they wont keep me up at night though.  I would take them everyday if I could afford to buy them.  Sad I cant afford $20 bottle of vitamins, lol.  I have tried everything to sleep.  I do not sleep in this house.  Don't ask me why, but If I go somewhere else, I sleep.  I mean I always have puffy eyes since I moved in this house.  I guess I sleep maybe an hour or two a night but mostly toss and turn.  I have to leave and go elsewhere when I start getting strange acting.  I have even taken Chlortrimiton (sp) and it doesn't work.

1. profile image0

You can't sleep in your house? That is really intersting....wonder if you are sensing something differnt about the house that is preventing your sleep. You might want to check out the history of the house and get someone to check out the foundation of the house.

1. profile image0
        annvansposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Prob a ghost in here or something, lol.  Yeah this house isn't what I would call cozy.  I was reading what someone said in the thread here about electricity and so I unplugged my stuff and moved it and then moved my bed in the middle of the room away from the wall to see if there may have been some electricity in the wall keeping me up.  I didn't hardly sleep at all last night.  Maybe I am nervous here, don't know.

20. B.Z. Alixandre profile image66
    B.Z. Alixandreposted 14 years ago

I didn't read every post so I hope I'm not repeating anything.  I have SAD, which is seasonal affect disorder.  Because of that, I oversleep in the winter.  THen, in the spring, I get incredible insomnia.  I spend several weeks sleeping between 2-4 hours a day.  Then until fall, I have a circadium rhythm problem.  That is my natural sleep cycle is knocked off balance, making it diffiuclt for me to sleep before 2-4 am, regardless of what time I wake up or how tired I am.  I don't really fight it (occaisionally, I will medicate for the SAD which can cause me to sleep between 16-20 hours), instead I keep myself busy until I actually get tired, and then sleep comes naturally and fully.  Eventually I can pull back the circadiam rhythm to its normal cycle by doing that (since I still have to wake up on time).  I don't like to medicate and only use it when absolutely necessary.  Good luck.

21. profile image59
    Sleep coachposted 14 years ago

For those of you who can't shut off your minds:

When your mind is racing, you are thinking or worrying, you use beta brainwaves which is what prevents you from falling asleep.

You need to cut your beta brainwaves so you won't be able to think. For some people that is enough to go to sleep. I prefer to add an alpha kick, and sleep within minutes.

Alpha, theta and delta brainwaves are good for sleeping, beta is counterproductive.

Now you probably wonder how to do this. smile See my profile, here at hub, if you want more information.

22. energized profile image59
    energizedposted 14 years ago

I had a friend that had this problem a couple of months ago and she found out that her hormones were out of balance. Within a week she was sleeping soundly.

1. profile image0

My hormones are always out of balance lol. how did she correct that problem?

23. profile image0

hehehe it's okay Ghost no worries. been sleeping okay the past few nights so hopfeully it stays that way smile

24. readytoescape profile image61
    readytoescapeposted 14 years ago

Increase the scotch, forget the candle, you'll be up all night worrying about the fire. Single malt Glenlivet dont bruise it with ice cubes

25. profile image0

LOL thanks guys but I don't drink so that wouldn't work for me. I do drink on VERY rare occasions but I am not much of a drinker so won't be drinking before bed.

1. awsydney profile image60

ok, but promise me you will at least listen to the music please?

1. profile image0

I promise I'll try out the music, awsydney

26. readytoescape profile image61

But if you take our advice about the scotch you’d sleep more often then when you didn’t sleep it would be a rare occasion and you could drink …see it all works out.

1. profile image0

LMAO you are funny readytoescape.

27. readytoescape profile image61

some how I think you might have missed the logic

28. readytoescape profile image61

Why thank you!

29. profile image0

I've tried Scotch once and nope not my kind of drink sorry. and no not an accoassion I would consider it rare enough to drink. I want sleep not a headache in the morning from drinking.

30. readytoescape profile image61

advice from a very expierenced drinker. Water before bed will stop the headaches........BUT after the scotch or whatever.

31. profile image0

Maybe I'll try it once with a glass of wine but if doesn't help then no more drinking before bed for me smile

32. readytoescape profile image61

Good for you....That's the Spirit!

33. profile image0

Spirit? you trying to say something there? lmao

34. readytoescape profile image61

Exactly....now you get it,,,with a little ice please

35. profile image0

lol not right now...it's now only 10:41 am too early here

36. readytoescape profile image61

way past drinking hour here, In sunny Fla we start it around noonish which in the sticks where I am is about 9:20, just popped another top.

37. profile image0

Well then since it's too early for me in Cali even though I know as the song goes it's 5 o'clock somehwere lmao, have a drink for me too. smile

38. readytoescape profile image61

Stop being a bad influence....I've had four since I got roped into this string

1. profile image0

OOPS My bad hehe sorry readytoescape.

1. awsydney profile image60

Don't forget Chopin!

39. readytoescape profile image61

some people mix it with scotch....works faster

40. profile image0

I have the Wii work out games 2 of them actually...does that count? lol

Haha, sure. If you play enough, it's bound to make a difference. I have DDR and the harder modes provide a pretty solid workout.

1. profile image0

cool okay then I'll play my Wii every day for at least an hour or two. smile

Good, should be fun smile.

41. profile image0

If I don't kill myself trying to stay on the Wii board thing lol

42. marshall92 profile image67
    marshall92posted 14 years ago

I do have another suggestion. When I was younger, I used to always make dream pillows filled with different herbs and flowers. The aroma was very soothing, and it really helped me go to sleep. In fact, I think I'll make a hub right now about How to Make a Dream Pillow. I'll let you know when it's done if you are interested.

1. profile image0

Very interested Marshall defintely let me know when you do write the hub

The hub is finished and can be found at http://hubpages.com/hub/SweetDreams. I think you may have to copy and paste the link or you can access this page from my profile. Enjoy!

43. profile image0

It says that that hub doesn't exist sad

That's weird, it says the same thing when i try to click on it. You can get to my hub if you go to my profile and click on latest. I think it works, too, if you copy and paste the link?

1. I*n*v*i*c*t*u*s profile image59
        I*n*v*i*c*t*u*sposted 14 years agoin reply to this

The hub is there..just the forum link does not work! Nice hub!

Thanks smile.

44. profile image0

I read it...I tried writing a comment but for some reason HP won't let me and it's really p*ssing me off.

45. tech savvy babe profile image59
    tech savvy babeposted 14 years ago

Try melatonin, its a natural remedy you can find in any health food store, or even your local grocery store most likely.

46. profile image0
    mtsi1098posted 14 years ago

I was going to suggest a captain morgan but this should work also:)

47. profile image0

It's always booze with you people LMAO lol

1. profile image0
      mtsi1098posted 14 years agoin reply to this

got that straight:)

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
Necessary
HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
Features
Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
Marketing
Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
Statistics
Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)