jump to last post 1-11 of 11 discussions (19 posts)

Your Favorite Holiday?

1. rotl profile image60
    rotlposted 5 years ago

My favorite is Thanksgiving... love it... great food, lots of football... four days of non-stop eating... can't beat it.

What is your favorite holiday of the year and why?

<please categorize your forum threads correctly>

1. sarovai profile image63
      sarovaiposted 5 years ago in reply to this

Where are u? Do you need any help?Going for a holiday trip? Read the forum topic before posting any topic.hmm

2. mts1098 profile image84
      mts1098posted 4 years ago in reply to this

I would have to go with thanksgiving...all my favorite hobbies in one day (eating, watching sports and traveling)

3. 60
      Gerryw80posted 4 years ago in reply to this

New year! witnessing the celebrations all around the world are quite overwhelming, and planning to spend holidays with family visisting some nice destinations makes it all the more fun!

4. 60
      Gerryw80posted 4 years ago in reply to this

Every ocassion and every holiday has its own specific charm thats simply incomparable:)

5. 62
      Aladam888posted 4 years ago in reply to this

Christmas! Its so colorfull and lively! Since my childhood its been my favourite holiday, though the santa clause excitement has simmered down but somehow the charm remains:)

2. 0
    ralwusposted 5 years ago

I'd have to say 4th of July. We have the most fun then and it's out of doors. Um, and then there's the rocket things and hot dogs and piping bands. Gee how grand.

3. SomewayOuttaHere profile image60
    SomewayOuttaHereposted 5 years ago

...summer holidays...

1. 0
      ralwusposted 5 years ago in reply to this

gee. we think alike. big_smile

1. SomewayOuttaHere profile image60
        SomewayOuttaHereposted 5 years ago in reply to this

mornin' ralwus....yea, summer feels so fine.....

4. kazemaru2 profile image61
    kazemaru2posted 5 years ago

Diwali it is before thanksgiving yet after Halloween. It is a early sign of the holiday season.

1. KevinTimothy profile image87
      KevinTimothyposted 4 years ago in reply to this

Diwali is awesome on the eyes! This festival of lights is very popular in Trinidad. 

My favorite holiday, though, has to be Christmas.  The music, the smell of the tree, the kids, and black cake.

5. Beth Godwin profile image85
    Beth Godwinposted 4 years ago

Christmas, then Halloween. My birthday is in October and as a child the theme was always Halloween. Holle Cook (Abee) and I couldn't wait till dark to put on our costumes. Tons of candy. Magical!

6. CMCastro profile image85
    CMCastroposted 4 years ago

New Years Eve- not only is it the day I was born, but it is the day before the day of New Beginnings- I like starting over again, it gives me a chance to try try again!

7. Mighty Mom profile image90
    Mighty Momposted 4 years ago

I have to hold my hubby back from starting to buy pumpkins on September 1!
    Have to hold myself back from gorging on candy corn (YUM!).

Love seeing the little kids dressed up and funny/scaring them in my own costume when I open the door.

8. Hui (蕙) profile image58
    Hui (蕙)posted 4 years ago

I have lived in Canada for three years, but I have not been used to western Days, except Christmas, which has become popular in cities of China. I so love our Chinese traditional festivals, like Spring Festival, which has been becoming known by the world. But my favorite ones are two: the Moon Day for family reunion, which can be compared with Thanksgiving Day; the Chongyang Day for the elderly, which can be compared with parents Days.

9. krsharp05 profile image96
    krsharp05posted 4 years ago

Halloween, absolutely.  I would skip Christmas and do Halloween twice if I could.  In fact, I start decorating on August 1st.  No kidding.

10. Thelma Alberts profile image82
    Thelma Albertsposted 4 years ago

Christmas! I love Christmas with all those carols and the smell of ginger bread and cookies.

11. GiblinGirl profile image86
    GiblinGirlposted 4 years ago

I would have to say Halloween.  It's all about candy - what's not to like!