Availiasvision profile image 88

Would you like to participate in a short story challenge?

I'm going to try something that I don't think has been done before. I'm calling all short story writers to post a Hub in response to this question. Ready? There is an "Answer this Question" button you need to push, then push "Make a Hub About It." Then write your short story with this picture prompt. If this works the way I think it should, all of our submissions will be in one spot and it will be easy to tell who participated. Plus, you can leave feedback for other writers right here. Thank you for joining. You may use the picture however you wish on HP.

Fitting Obsession86

Fitting Obsession

|  11 comments
  • bravewarrior profile image

Shauna L Bowling (bravewarrior) 23 months ago

Apparently, once a hub is made from a forum discussion, you cannot get back to the discussion; you are automatically directed to the hub. Good marketing tactic, but bad for those of us who would rather answer the question.Test results revealed!

bravewarrior profile image92

Shauna L Bowling (bravewarrior) says

• bravewarrior profile image

Can we come back? I write all my hubs in Word before posting on HP. They take a lot of thought and time choosing photos. I've never tried the "write a hub" feature in these forums.

Availiasvision profile image88

Jennifer Arnett (Availiasvision) says

• Jodah profile image

John Hansen (Jodah) 23 months ago

I may give this a try Jen, but I will have to come back to it. It sounds like a good idea and the image raises lots of questions.

Where Are All the Birds?90

Where Are All the Birds?

|  35 comments
annart profile image87

Ann Carr (annart) says

• annart profile image

Ann Carr (annart) 22 months ago

I can't download your photo for some reason, even though it's JPEG and I should be able to; is there any other access to it other than this question, Jennifer? Thanks

unvrso profile image86

Jose Juan Gutierrez (unvrso) says

• bravewarrior profile image

HP likes a minimum of 1,250 words, three photos, a video, and a poll or quiz in order for all the boxes to be ticked and giving your hub a good shot at being featured.

Flash Fiction: Dead Birds Everywhere; A Murder of Crows; in response to Jennifer Arnett's photo prompt challenge87

Flash Fiction: Dead Birds Everywhere; A Murder of Crows; in response to Jennifer Arnett's photo prompt challenge

|  27 comments
  • annart profile image

Ann Carr (annart) 22 months ago

I came here to let you know I'd published and here it is already! That's really clever of you; I'm impressed. Your idea obviously works well and I can see several others here too. Well done!

• Jodah profile image

John Hansen (Jodah) 22 months ago

Kevin when you click the "answer this question" button at the top beneath the original question, then a "write a hub about this" button appears...you click that and write your hub in response.

• Jodah profile image

John Hansen (Jodah) 22 months ago

Jen I have completed the challenge. My story is called "Dead Birds Everywhere" (a flash fiction story)

0

Rayne123 says

• Jodah profile image

John Hansen (Jodah) 23 months ago

Thanks Laurie for referring to my "Poem Without an End". You were a great contributor. Hope all is well with you.