jump to last post 1-3 of 3 discussions (7 posts)

What is the best topic to write a novel on?

1. SakinaNasir53 profile image79
    SakinaNasir53posted 2 months ago

I have started reading since I was in grade 5. Recently, I have been suggested to write by my friends. So, I had joined HubPages last month. I am glad that I am here. It is such a wonderful platform to write what you are passionate about.

I have been thinking of writing a novel since a long time. I don't know what topic is suitable to write on,  for a new writer. What topics are most liked by readers?

Please comment and let me know... ☺

2. psycheskinner profile image81
    psycheskinnerposted 2 months ago

The best topic is whatever is in the intersection of what interests you, and what has a wider audience. Don't worry too much about what is super-popular because those are also the subjects where you will have the most competition.

SakinaNasir53posted 7 weeks ago in reply to this

Thank you so much! ☺

3. Yanglish profile image77
    Yanglishposted 2 weeks ago

If the topic is not interesting you - You will not create high quality article.

SakinaNasir53posted 2 weeks ago in reply to this

I had asked about topics for writing a novel, Yanglish.
      Can you please suggest some good topics for novels? ☺

1. Marisa Wright profile image93
        Marisa Wrightposted 2 weeks ago in reply to this

A novel is a fictional story, so it's not written about any particular topic.   A novel tells the story of a person or group of people at some critical point in their lives. It may be the story of people caught up in a crime, or people falling in love, or people living through an historical event.

If you're asking what to write about if you want to make money from your novel, then write Romance.  It is the easiest to find a buyer for.  There is a very particular technique to writing formula Romance but you would be more than capable of learning it.  I have a Hub about writing Romance which explains the basics.

Also, this article might help you:
        http://www.how-to-write-a-book-now.com/ … ideas.html

SakinaNasir53posted 2 weeks ago in reply to this

Thank you so much Marisa! ☺

working