jump to last post 1-6 of 6 discussions (11 posts)

Page views and making money

1. tobey100 profile image60
    tobey100posted 7 years ago

Well, I actually checked stats for the first time.  I passed the 4000 mark in pageviews (whatever that proves).  Whether that's good or bad should I start thining about trying to make a buck or two?

1. TerryGl profile image60
      TerryGlposted 7 years ago in reply to this

I wrote a hubpage on an experiment I performed promoting a hub using Evo II software. The experiment to promote one hubpage was a total success and all within 7 days.

What I did was to promote one hubpage that had an affiliate offer and made 18 sales out of 50 visitors during the experiment. The hubpage reached position 2 on page 1 of Google.

I would definitely recommend that you start thinking outside the square and definitely start to make money with Hubpages. If I can, anyone can.

1. profile image0
        WildIrisposted 7 years ago in reply to this

TerryGI,
        Care to share more on how you did your experiment?

1. TerryGl profile image60
          TerryGlposted 7 years ago in reply to this

I can not self promote in the forum but you can find the hubpage under my profile.

It's titled : Hubpage Experiment Using Brute Force Seo EVO II

The hubpage has been position 1 on G for quite some time now.

2. AnythingArtzy profile image82
    AnythingArtzyposted 7 years ago

Hi ya tobey, How's the family?

I don't have a clue about your question lol lol  cause I quit thinkin about the money after I got hooked on the forums and reading others hub from all over the world. smile smile sorry smile

3. Ivorwen profile image85
    Ivorwenposted 7 years ago

The few Amazon based articles I have have made me some.  I find that they are worthwhile, especially when my thoughts refuse to come together for something fun to write.

Seriously, even if you were just starting out, and did not have the page views, but wanted to make money, it would be worth your while to make a few hubs aimed at products that you have experience with... Or, if you are good at copy, products you think will sell.

4. KT Banks profile image60
    KT Banksposted 7 years ago

I think James Patterson just proved to me, that people can never have enough money.
    As famous as he is, as beloved as many of his books are, he has recently put his marketing campaigners in high speed mode.

It reminds me of actors and entertainers that just won't stop. They must have plenty of money by now, take a break and enjoy a real life. Money and Fame must be like a drug, the more they have, the more they want.

I'm not looking for fame, but I do want people to love my books, and I still have 2 kids to put through college. So I use a pen name. Actually, fame sounds scary to me. LOL

tobey100posted 7 years ago in reply to this

My sentiments exactly.  Just read what I write and enjoy.  If it makes you laugh or think, I'm a success.

5. myownworld profile image82
    myownworldposted 7 years ago

hey tobey, if you're getting serious, then here are two great hubs I've found:

http://hubpages.com/hub/How-to-Make-Mon … ges-Step-1

http://hubpages.com/hub/make-money-writing-hubs

tobey100posted 7 years ago in reply to this

Why thank you sweetheart.  I will check 'em out but have you ever know me to be serious?  Well, maybe on occasion  smile

6. myownworld profile image82
    myownworldposted 7 years ago

big_smile well, if you do get serious, print them out, get some coffee and see if it all makes any sense. If not, then these forums are always here....to laugh and while our lives away...! wink

working