Promote your creative writing here

Jump to Last Post 1-24 of 24 discussions (61 posts)
  1. Dobson profile image75
    Dobsonposted 13 years ago

I am exploring all areas of Hub pages, but my main background is in creative writing. I wouls like to develop friendships with other CW folks os we can cross promot each other's work.

If you are dabbling in creative writing here or anywhere post a thread so we can take a look at your stuff.

Creative writing only please!

1. kaltopsyd profile image82
      kaltopsydposted 13 years agoin reply to this

I'm with you in the creative writing area, Dobson!

"The Women on Thespian Lane" is now into the 18th installment.

http://hubpages.com/hub/The-Women-on-Thespian-Lane

If it is against the rules to place a link in this forum, I apologize. But I don't know how to delete my part. sad
        Just pretend the link is not there.

2. starqueen13 profile image60
        starqueen13posted 13 years agoin reply to this

yeah kim (kaltopsyd is an amazing writer smile and a cool friend go read her stuff! (even though i have stuff too wink *hint hint* lol

2. Polly C profile image91
      Polly Cposted 13 years agoin reply to this

Well, I only have one creative writing hub right now, which you have already read, but I am planning to do more. It's just finding the time, and I have to be in the right frame of mind for that kind of writing, together with peace and quiet and some spare time which is longer than 5 minutes.....not freely available these days!! smile

Dobsonposted 13 years agoin reply to this

I would be glad to help promote your creative writing if you are interested. I can link it to my hubs!

1. Polly C profile image91
          Polly Cposted 13 years agoin reply to this

Yes, that would be great Dobson - I will do the same for you.

2. Mark Knowles profile image58
          Mark Knowlesposted 13 years agoin reply to this

Well - if you like my stuff, I would certainly appreciate it:

http://markpknowles.com/category/short-stories

You don't have to tell me if you don't. lol

3. profile image0
      AphroditeisAloneposted 13 years agoin reply to this

About how many words is the acceptable for a short fiction story? I haven't put my short story on hubpages yet, on account of I don't exactly know the etiquette of it, haha.

4. Jael Turner profile image60
      Jael Turnerposted 13 years agoin reply to this

I am writing a Western that is going to be half serious/ half comedy and I am going to all my steps down for fun. jael

5. KKalmes profile image61
      KKalmesposted 13 years agoin reply to this

Hello fellow writers, I love the opportunity of writing from my creative side in my hubs as well... started a novel on hubs and I have never written in this genre, so it is exciting to get feedback.

My writing experience has been screenplays and as I added to my profile today, I just made it through first round judging in the International Page Screenwriting competition... fingers crossed that I make it through quarter finals into finals.

I am so glad to have found this group of creative writers and will follow you to your hubs to read and comment... thanx

6. starqueen13 profile image60

this is amazing, now i can follow other great writers! i hope anyone that ahs time will check out
      Alone-http://hubpages.com/hub/Alone-by-Starqueen113
      which is about A snobby little princess who is suffering from memory loss due to the trauma of loosing her parents to a fire at the age of 5. She is forced to marry a childhood friend...But will she be saved by the childhood friend she can’t remember? Or killed by the one she does?

or

I'm Cinderella but prince charming is a jerk!-http://hubpages.com/hub/Im-Cinderella-but-Prince-Charming-is-a-Jerk

which is a great story me and my friend both wrote smile

2. Dobson profile image75

Jenny's Life is trailing with only 17, but I did not have four in the can. You are an awesome writer Kimberly!

Thanks, Dobson! You're an awesome writer as well!

3. Arthur Fontes profile image73
    Arthur Fontesposted 13 years ago

I have several creative writing hubs.  I do not want to post links but a few of mine are  Murder in the Forums, Revenge creation of a monster, and Eddie the enforcer.

I think it would be against forum rules to post the links anyway, so good you did not do so. I will try to promote your hubs from mine.

4. Dobson profile image75

I will do that now! Can you do me a favor? If you will add a tag to your creative writing hubs that says creative writing we can build an RSS feed particular to those hubs that I can stick in mine.

1. adrienne2 profile image66
      adrienne2posted 13 years agoin reply to this

It really pays to check out what going on in the forums. I am a big creative writer, but have been holding back on putting any of my work here due to I have not come across to many other CWs.  This is great I would love feedback from other writers on my work, and would certainly return the favor to others.

1. rebekahELLE profile image85
        rebekahELLEposted 13 years agoin reply to this

there are many amazing creative writers on HP. following the category of writers, creative writing helps to find them, although they can be found in many categories.
        a few of my favorites,
        winsome
        degreek
        cosette
        green lotus
        chris A

I'm currently working on my own site to have a place for some of my creative writing, a slow process.. I have some of my poetry/prose here, but haven't published much of my 'creative' writing here. nice to see this thread.

5. Dobson profile image75

This becoming very beneficial. I am glad you guys are responding to this in such numbers.

6. itech profile image64
    itechposted 13 years ago

Just look at my profile, is I'm a creative writer or not.... If not as stated by mark please don't respond...
    tongue tongue tongue lol lol

7. lxxy profile image61
    lxxyposted 13 years ago

Here's the beginning to my latest "for fun" project.

A Tale of Two Travellers

Can't wait to check out the rest. Didn't figure you for having a fancy for fiction, Mark. Cool site--checking it out now!

8. Dobson profile image75

Hey guys, here is the RSS Feed link for the Creative Writing category. We can insert this as a link in our CR hubs!

http://hubpages.com/topics/books-and-wr … 31/latest/

1. McHamlet profile image59
      McHamletposted 13 years agoin reply to this

Good idea. Will do.

2. KKalmes profile image61
      KKalmesposted 13 years agoin reply to this

Thanx, Dobson... added to link in my hub novel... very helpful to find/read other creative writers in the community.

9. profile image0
    Website Examinerposted 13 years ago

Like always, I am happy to write a review hub for one or more creative writers on HubPages.

1. Jael Turner profile image60
      Jael Turnerposted 13 years agoin reply to this

I am in the process of writing a Western online for fun. After it's partially done (I am only in Chapter One) I would appreciate a review. jael

1. profile image0
        Website Examinerposted 13 years agoin reply to this

Sure thing, just post here when you are ready. You can also keep us all informed about your progress, if you like.

2. Dobson profile image75

Count me in. I think we have to work hard to promote the creative writing here.

1. profile image0

Glad to hear it, Dobson. I know where to begin, give me a couple of weeks and I'll be in touch. Let me know if you have any questions or preferences.

10. Richieb799 profile image75
    Richieb799posted 13 years ago

I would like to promote my poetry but I wouldn't like to post a link unless it was an official thread for such

11. Ben Evans profile image64
    Ben Evansposted 13 years ago

I write poetry and also short stories (I haven't published many of the short stories).  I know that some of my posts are lucky to get 100 views in a period of a year.

I am not here to make money but I am here to share with as many people as possible. 

I would like to help promote other people's creative writing also.

Cheers,

Ben

12. Lora Palmer profile image59
    Lora Palmerposted 13 years ago

I'm new to HubPages and have posted the first chapter of my project in progress, The MirrorMasters.  It's a young adult fantasy novel. My hubs will pretty much be creative writing, and I'm planning to work on some short stories to publish here.  It's wonderful to see that there are so many other creative writers  here, and I'm looking forward to checking out everyone's work!

Welcome Lora! We want to develop Hub Pages into a great place for writers of all genres, but this particular forum thread will be devoted to promoting CW hubs. Good luck as you dive in the shallow end of Hub Pages. Do not be afraid to ask questions or seek advice. None of us are experts, but we are accumulating knowledge at a furious pace.

1. Lora Palmer profile image59
        Lora Palmerposted 13 years agoin reply to this

Thanks, Dobson! It's been fun so far, and I've been enjoying meeting everyone and participating in a community again.  There is so much to learn, and I can't wait to learn it right along with all of you.

One question i've been wondering about is, do you all plan to publish chapters here of works that you eventually aim to submit to publishers or literary agents? On one hand, I can see that it would be a great way to get feedback and develop readership, and we'd all be helping each other improve our writing in the process of getting something ready for publication.  On the other hand, I wonder how agents and publishers would view the fact that the work has already been published online.

Lora, i do not plant to try to publish anything I wirte here. This is for fun and some profit, but more to hone my writing skills and build relationships. There is a multitude of freelance people on here who can teach me so much!

2. starqueen13 profile image60

your story sounds interesting!

13. profile image0

Lora Palmer, it is prudent not to publish chapters online if you want to see those stories commercially published. The material can stay in the search engines for a long time. Also keep in mind the risk of plagiarism and other forms of duplication.

14. profile image0
    ralwusposted 13 years ago

There are too many creative writers here to mention that are pretty dam good at it. Look and you will find them.

15. profile image50
    digitalninja92posted 13 years ago

can someone maybe read my story I posted on my hub? it's not the best and will probably get you think I'm weird... but yeah aha.

1. profile image0

I've read it.

16. Preethi Anusha profile image68
    Preethi Anushaposted 13 years ago

pls check a couple of my hubs and help me find out if i could make a good writter

1. profile image0

Which ones? Any creative writing there?

1. Preethi Anusha profile image68
        Preethi Anushaposted 13 years agoin reply to this

anything u feel s worth reading .. i'd be glad to receive comments ...

17. profile image0

Re.: Few temples of Lord Bhrama .. why so ?

There is an important rule in story writing that it is better to show than explain. Here, you have many points, observations, and conclusions. But you do not let the characters speak directly with one another, and so the reader does not get the chance to "settle in" and create their own feel for your story.

So to turn this into a story, you would want to build it up carefully, laying out the background, describing the setting in a poetic language, then allow the characters to interact through dialog, body language and such. Then you move the story forward by making your points, moving on to the next scene, and finally towards its conclusion.

This hub has story potential, it would probably be 2-3 times as long.

You can definitely write, so you shouldn't have too much trouble.

1. Preethi Anusha profile image68
      Preethi Anushaposted 13 years agoin reply to this

thank ya .... will surely consider your valuable sugs ...

hav gud time  smile

18. profile image0
    Kathryn LJposted 13 years ago

I have a few creative writing hubs.  In fact they have kind of distracted me away from the novel I'm writing and the old man keeps nagging me to spend more time on the novel.  I'm quite smitten with my hub created character zoidberg, a woman hating dog and am seriously thinking of putting together a series of short but linked stories into a novel form and submitting them for publication.  I would welcome feedback.  Obviously, he is an idea in embryo but fete worse than death is my current favourite.

1. profile image0

I've read this - it's well written, but sounds a bit more like a hilarious essay than a short story or novel. It is a bit "elaborate" for a work of fiction, especially the opening. That represents a challenge from an editing perspective.

1. profile image0
        Kathryn LJposted 13 years agoin reply to this

Interesting input.  Obviously, I will need to re-write the hubs into chapter form with some linear themes to link each to a coherent plot.  I don't know whether you have read any of the Adrian Mole novels but I was rather thinking of that kind of format.  My style (such as it is) seems to suit a radio play type formats (Adrian Mole became famous as a novel when it was run on Radio 4)  You've given me some food for thought, thanks!

19. russiangypsygirl profile image60
    russiangypsygirlposted 13 years ago

Thanks for this, it's a great idea. I, too, have been looking for other creative writers to read! Cheers!-Gypsy
    http://hubpages.com/hub/It-is-only-I-that-is-afraid

20. Ben Peck profile image61
    Ben Peckposted 13 years ago

This is the only piece of fiction I have on hubpages at the moment. I hope you enjoy it.

http://hubpages.com/hub/Providence-Charming

1. profile image0

Excellent piece. Anyone wanting to learn how to craft a short story could benefit from reading it.

1. Ben Peck profile image61
        Ben Peckposted 13 years agoin reply to this

Thanks mate, that's very kind of you. : )

21. profile image0
    china manposted 13 years ago

A few others on here have mentioned poetry, and it is certainly creative writing. If you feel like including poetry feel free to link to any (or all) of mine smile

1. Sab Oh profile image55
      Sab Ohposted 13 years agoin reply to this

Yes, your poetry is very good.

2. Ben Peck profile image61

Nice one China man. Feel free to check out my  bad verses as well.

1. Ben Peck profile image61

You can check out my  new short verses, if you like that sort of thing.

22. Randy Godwin profile image60
    Randy Godwinposted 13 years ago

Haven't written much CW here yet.

http://www.associatedcontent.com/articl … tml?cat=10

23. islandgirl2 profile image61
    islandgirl2posted 13 years ago

Hello Everyone,

I'm new here at Hubpages..
    I'm a Published Poet since 1995.
    I've published my first poetry book in 2007 through Publish America Publishing.
      I would like to introduce myself since I'm new here.  I love making new friends and sharing poetry.  My name is: Pamela Holyfield.  Nice to meet you, I'm looking forward in getting to know you.
      Please feel to post your writings and sharing them.  I'll give you my point of view in a honest way.  Thanks for having me here with you.
    I go by " islandgirl2 ", in case any of you are interested in knowing me and what I write.
    I have written some short stories, but they're not Published yet.
    I need to find the right Publisher for this work.  If you can share with me of anyone who does Publish short stories, please let me know if you are allowed to.
    Thanks so much and God bless you and your's...

islandgirl2

1. Sab Oh profile image55
      Sab Ohposted 13 years agoin reply to this

Why not make a hub of some of your poems for us to see?

24. Studio E profile image58
    Studio Eposted 13 years ago

Roses are red violets are blue some like it hot and some DON'T!!!

thats it. smile

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
Necessary
HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
Features
Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
Marketing
Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
Statistics
Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)