Men who want to control women.

1. Doodlehead profile image82
    Doodleheadposted 3 years ago

It seems that there are way more men who want to control women than the other way around.   Am I wrong that the vast majority of men want to control their woman?   I know not ALL do but from what I read and hear talk of it is the norm rather than the exception in relationships.

I a interested in an explanation for this.   Can someone offer answers?   Is it genetic or social or other?

1. peeples profile image87
      peeplesposted 3 years ago in reply to this

I think you may mistake the meaning of control. Having wants such as a wife who stays home and raises children instead of working (example) is not being controling no more than me wanting a husband who doesn't pee on the toilet seat. The problem lies in people who share different beliefs and wants getting into a relationship then feeling controlled because the other has expectations they don't. Of course some men are controlling, however when it comes down to it I don't think they are anymore than women.

2. knolyourself profile image59
    knolyourselfposted 3 years ago

Inadequacy demands control of others, and uses the control of others to prove one's self-worth, as compensation for the unconscious and cannot be self-admitted deficiency of consequence. Hide and seek. It is inherent in the progressive psychology of making something from nothing. I am nothing but will make myself something by making you. Justification may
    be found in the sexual ups/downs propensities. My opinion psychological, as one can view the situation from any number of perspectives.