jump to last post 1-2 of 2 discussions (5 posts)

Moles in the United States

1. peoplepower73 profile image90
    peoplepower73posted 4 months ago

I watched a series called The Americans.  It was about how the Soviet Union in the 1980s planted highly trained KBG operatives in the U.S. to behave like normal families while they did their undercover spy operations. They were called moles.
    I was just wondering if what appear to be normal  people living normal lives and then creating mass shooting aren't really implanted by some organization from the mid-east.  The latest shooter was born here and his Father said he was a good boy while growing up, but his school records show otherwise.  Perhaps his father trained him to do what he did and the same thing with the San Bernardino shooter.

1. lions44 profile image94
      lions44posted 4 months ago in reply to this

I don't think so. One of the reasons is that his dad did not exactly keep a low profile.  He had that weird TV show and apparently he was a bit of whack job throughout his professional life here in the States.  As we look back now, there were signs missed on this guy. Domestic violence, and other strange behavior.  Just like other shooters.   
      Those moles the Soviets used during the Cold War were extraordinarily low profile. Almost too normal/perfect; the complete opposite of what the shooter and his dad were.   
      The Americans does a good job of showing the oridinary and scary side of their lives.  Fascinating question.

peoplepower73posted 4 months ago in reply to this

Thank you - I guess time will tell, if we see more of these so called normal people pop up as terrorists.

2. ahorseback profile image54
    ahorsebackposted 4 months ago

Once again reality evades  it's own  detection  ,   There are no moles , only the apparent incompetence of too many politically controlled FBI agents , to many bosses  , to many liberal  legal loopholes and a leadership that will not gamble on  prevention by laws  and action in his last six months in office .

Obama's  election was some of  our fault , his continued incompetence is all of our fault !

peoplepower73posted 4 months ago in reply to this

The FBI can't do their job because they have been underfunded by republican sequestration. In other words, they don't have enough money in their budget to hire more people.